• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hehe have fun on this patent by sigeru myiamoto. Hint its involved with LoZ

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    Well, someone on the site said the whole "Hint System" thing might just be a story aspect while the hardcore dungeon gameplay is still there. I hope that's the case because I wasn't too impressed with Twilight Princess, and I don't want Zelda to be changed into a point and click adventure.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
  • Well sweeties, I'm confused... Zelda dungeons are pretty easy now-a-days. Back in my day, this is all we had:
    zeldapuzzle.png

</oldschoolgamerrant>

Seriously though, I hope they do not implement this into the new Legend of Zelda, unless the dungeons are LoZ:OoT Master Quest difficult.

P.S. You spelled "Shigeru Miyamoto" wrong, sweetie. =p

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Shigeru patent shigeru does. But its most likely just for the casual players who want to get into zelda. Have the hardcore with the usual zelda goodies and such but for the causal people they would say point you to where to use hookshot or how to do this and so and so. But it also makes me wonder. How casual can zelda get. If its something like TP then woho thats going to be a bit hard to make casual. Unless of course killing hordes of moblins is through a simple casual system I cant see it.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
  • Well I'm starting to realize the potential of this. We can have a Zelda game at a decent difficulty and have this system to help non-core gamers. Maybe with this I can get my friend to get into Zelda. XD My only concern is that is there an option to shut off the system. I also hope it doesn't come disguised as Navi. XD

devilicious

dream
    Years
  • I don't see anything wrong with it. I bet it'll be the same Zelda as always, with an optional hint system to help young players. The fact they're going to bother with 'interactive cutscenes' makes me think we might be getting a good, detailed plot this time around.

I think it's a good idea, althogether.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Oh god please no not navi. Anything but navi. But if you did see the pics then you did see that there is a game option. Hopefully that game option becomes 2 options core and casual. Also it seems there are over 8 pictures. But if this is what the next zelda is then wee i love me some rock statue things and trees.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Well I'm starting to realize the potential of this. We can have a Zelda game at a decent difficulty and have this system to help non-core gamers. Maybe with this I can get my friend to get into Zelda. XD My only concern is that is there an option to shut off the system. I also hope it doesn't come disguised as Navi. XD
    I don't know about the hints. Not sure if you can turn those off, but...you don't have to click the hint button either. But the level skipping and replay stuff is all optional.

So...I like this. Make the game more difficult (in theory) and still have it accessible to non-gamers. All the changes are optional for us who actually just want to play it normally. No harm here at all

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • ...and yet we could solve this whole problem by adding difficulty levels. Have an easy difficulty for casuals, with easier enemies and less complex variants of the harder difficulty puzzles. Why add some stupid hint system? It defeats the whole purpose of having a puzzle if, when you can't solve it, all you have to do is press "Hint" and get a complete video of how to do it.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • ...and yet we could solve this whole problem by adding difficulty levels. Have an easy difficulty for casuals, with easier enemies and less complex variants of the harder difficulty puzzles. Why add some stupid hint system? It defeats the whole purpose of having a puzzle if, when you can't solve it, all you have to do is press "Hint" and get a complete video of how to do it.
    I can see difficulty levels working on a shooter, not a game like Zelda. Really, redoing the puzzles would basically involve say....having the original OoT and Master Quest when development time and resources could really be used elsewhere. Takes more effort to change the puzzles than up the enemy strength.

Also...this isn't aimed at us. We don't think the casuals do. Casuals just want to play the dang thing. They don't care how or if they finish it. I don't think the hint system is big item in this. The other modes, the replay, the level skipping, and basically having the game play itself like a ghost and then you jump in and take over when you want. Again, not aimed at us. It improves the experience for the casuals when not changing our experience at all.

And there's no reason you have to hit the hint button. You've played Zack & Wiki, Mork. Are you forced to press the hint button?

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • I can see having a sort of hint/limited skip function on puzzle portions of the game. (Not everyone likes puzzles) (Seriously, we can always bring back Navi :p) *shot*
    As for the core gameplay, I dont think you should be able to just sit back and watch the game play itself for you. (That seriously defeats the purpose of the game, especially a game like Zelda.)

Back