• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Tilesets

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    Okay a mod moved my old thread because i did not have enough examples well i now have four examples. I want to tell me how you like them and give me some constructive criticism. They are in Rpg Maker XP format(32x32). Hope you like them.

My Tilesets
    My Tilesets
    My Tilesets
    My Tilesets
    My Tilesets

These are some custom Pokemon tilesets that i made from scratch. They are displayed in the order i made them.

Please leave a comment or constructive criticism. If i understand what you mean I'll do my best to fix it.

Any idea on what i should make next?

Recent Additions:
    Pokemon Center(1/16/2009)

Last edited:

negative

Life returns. Life prevails.
    Years
    Emmm...:/ what can I say...they are pretty bad...shading doesn't mean to paint the house from lighter to darker...the water lacks shading for that matter...sorry for my harsh rating, but look at some of the other buildings, for some help...

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    I'm not sure how to shade very good yet. So i think this is how you shade isn't it?
    My Tilesets
    or
    My Tilesets
    also here is the water
    My Tilesets

I'm not sure though. Can anyone tell me how to shade correctly.

Last edited:

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    UPDATE! I just added a poke center. I think this is my best one yet. Please comment.

I still would like some feedback.

Sorry for double post.

Destrozone

Finally Flyin' Solo
    Years
    I have only one word for you my friend: PRACTICE. Your building ideas are great, not to mention somewhat original, but first, lets fix a few things.

Shading - Your shading is, well, Pleh. Try going to other tileset threads in this forum, and study the forms of shading. After a while, and with PRACTICE, your shading will improve.

Size - Your tiles shouldn't be so large, as that takes away from the whole "effect" of tile spriting. I know that you want them to be in standard RPG Maker size, but this does take away from the overall effect. If you shrink them down to standard building sprite sizes (they vary by building, but a simple comparison to others work may help), then they will begin to look much better. Learn to sprite smaller things, then gradually make your way larger with your gaining experience.

If you just combine those two, your buildings and other tiles will improve, and so will your ability to make others. Just make sure you don't go color-crazy with the pallettes that you use, and your sprites will turn out fine. So, I leave you with one last impression: PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE.

Back