• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Help With PkMn Ruby Version

NatureKeeper

Excuse me. I need a few help with: Pokemon Ruby U.S.:

First; Party: Rating:

DUSTOX/DUSTOX lv.21 F
    BEAUTIFLY/BEAUTIFLY lv.20 F
    CHICKIE/TORCHIC lv.21 F
    ZOONIE/LINOONE lv.20 M
    SHROOMISH/SHROOMISH lv.20 F

S.A.Q: (Surely Asked Questions)

*Why didn't you evolve CHICKIE/TORCHIC?
    *Depends on my starategy. TORCHICc learns FLAMETHROWER faster than COMBUSKEN or BLAZIKEN.

*Why it's ZOONIE/LINOONE not LOONIE/LINOONE?
    *It just evolved from ZIGZAGOON and I have not time to rename it I have 48 levels to go with my PkMn now.

*Why DUSTOX is 21, unlike most Pokemon?
    *DUSTOX was needed by me much, so it got the more EXP points so It was Leveled Up, Sympathy has fallen to my starter, CHICKIE/TORCHIC so I sent it to 21 too.

*Natures, please?
    *Guys, I don't memorize them. My GBA is in trouble now, anyways....

Second ; Badges:

First BAdge: DONE
    Second BAdge: DONE
    Third Badge: DONE
    Forth Badge: Training all Pokemon to lvl.30 before battling
    Fifth Badge: Directly
    Sixth Badge: Training to 40
    Seventh Badge: Training to 45
    Eighth Badge: Training to 55

Total percent of the game: 25%

~PSK*

xiraiya

Future Sinnoh Champion
    Years
  • So what is it you're asking for help with then?
    Some of those questions seem a little pointless, but this being the internet, you just never know haha.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Not sure what exactly you are wanting help with, but here are a few observations:

1. Neither Combusken nor Blaziken learn Flamethrower by leveling up. You have to teach them the Flamethrower TM. Are you really going to go with that WEAK Ember move clear until Lv43? I should also tell you that Blaziken learns Blaze Kick (85 AP/90 Acc) at Lv36, or 7 levels sooner than Torchic can learn Flamethrower (95 AP/100 Acc). That would at least make your Fire-type somewhat useful.

2. The fact that you were able to defeat Flannery with three of your Pokemon sharing a weakness to it is a testament of just how bad the in-game AI really is. Granted Fire-types aren't that great to begin with, but having even Dustox or Beautifly, let alone BOTH!, is a habit you don't want to continue. It really limits the effectiveness of your team. I would get rid of both and add a Water-type and a Ground-type (Mudkip would have covered both, which is why it is best, but I digress) to help your team out. Well, unless you are really going for a challenge. If so, don't change a thing and good luck.

3. Add natures. Natures have a bigger effect than most people realize. Knowing what your nature is can totally change the moveset you use for that Pokemon.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Insert random filler here.

Last edited:

Mightyena88

Fan of Pikachu
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2009
    Excuse me. I need a few help with: Pokemon Ruby U.S.:

First; Party: Rating:

DUSTOX/DUSTOX lv.21 F
    BEAUTIFLY/BEAUTIFLY lv.20 F
    CHICKIE/TORCHIC lv.21 F
    ZOONIE/LINOONE lv.20 M
    SHROOMISH/SHROOMISH lv.20 F

S.A.Q: (Surely Asked Questions)

*Why didn't you evolve CHICKIE/TORCHIC?
    *Depends on my starategy. TORCHICc learns FLAMETHROWER faster than COMBUSKEN or BLAZIKEN.

*Why it's ZOONIE/LINOONE not LOONIE/LINOONE?
    *It just evolved from ZIGZAGOON and I have not time to rename it I have 48 levels to go with my PkMn now.

*Why DUSTOX is 21, unlike most Pokemon?
    *DUSTOX was needed by me much, so it got the more EXP points so It was Leveled Up, Sympathy has fallen to my starter, CHICKIE/TORCHIC so I sent it to 21 too.

*Natures, please?
    *Guys, I don't memorize them. My GBA is in trouble now, anyways....

Second ; Badges:

First BAdge: DONE
    Second BAdge: DONE
    Third Badge: DONE
    Forth Badge: Training all Pokemon to lvl.30 before battling
    Fifth Badge: Directly
    Sixth Badge: Training to 40
    Seventh Badge: Training to 45
    Eighth Badge: Training to 55

Total percent of the game: 25%

~PSK*
    u hav great choice of pkmn! i'm sure u train them to lvl 45-50 is enough. gt dustox learn psybeam if u haven, gt beautifly learn gust, silver wing, mega drain, gt torchic learn flamethrower, blaze kick, sky uppercut, smoke screen, gt linoone learn slash, surf, headbutt(i luv this move) and odor sleauth, gt shroomish learn sky uppercut, mega drain. i'm sure u'll win wif these moves. bt ur team is mostly bug type careful if fight against fire, rock, flying.

Back