• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Kanto Journey!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
    Spots are closed!
    PG: 13
    Plot:
    Welcome, to the wonderful and exciting world of Pokemon! I'm Professor Gary Oak. I know my grandpa went by Professor Oak, but he died a few weeks ago. Anyway I just go by Gary or Professor Gary. Anyway, welcome!

This world is filled with many diverse creatures called Pokemon. What are Pokemon you ask? Pokemon are creatures with abnormal powers and are either wild or tamed by people called Pokemon Trainers. Some Pokemon are cute, others are plain nasty, and some are tough looking. But no matter how they look, all of these Pokemon have great powers!

There are many different types of trainers in this world. Tamers, masters, co-ordinators, breeders, and many more. Co-ordinators go through the region entering contests to hopefully compete in the Grand Festival! Masters start out as normal trainers who go through the region collecting the region's different badges, and breeders are trainer who go through the region catching rare Pokemon and trying to learn all that they can about raising Pokemon. Tamers are trainers who do any of that stuff, but only use one type of Pokemon.

There are several regions of this world. I can only name seven off the top of my head. Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Orre, Fiore, and Almia; but I'm sure there are more. Anyway, this journey takes through Kanto. This journey will test your courage, commitement, compassion, and love for your Pokemon. And of course it will ahve many challenges. One of which is the evil organization lurking through Kanto, called Team Rocket. They steal Pokemon for their own benifit or to sell.

Team Rocket wishes to catch the main legendaries of this region; Articuno, Moltres, Zapdos, and the mysterious Mew. To complete their goal they are remaking the mysterious Mewtwo so that it'll obey them. Can you complete your journey and stop Team Rocket? Are you up to the challenge?

Rules:
    • No goddmoding
    • No bunnying...you must lose sometimes
    • No flamming
    • Romance and violence at PG: 13 or I will kick you out.
    • As RP MAster I have authority to kick anyone out and change the rules.
    • No cursing or swearing other then damn, damnit, or crap.
    • Shinies can be caught but they must be one hell of a post.
    • Have fun.
    • Obey All rules!

Name:
    Personality: 2-3 paragrpahs. This is how your character acts in certain situations.
    Appearence: 2-3 paragraphs. This is your character's appearence or what they wear and all.
    History: 2-3 paragraphs. This is what has happened to your character in the past.
    Preffered Starter: Choose from one of the ones below
    RP Sample: Atleast 3 paragraphs. I want detail in this! This is mainly what will decide if you get accepted or not.

Starter Pokemon!:

Bulbusaur- Taken by ~Rotom~

Type: Grass
    Ability: Overgrow
    Level: 5
    Moves: Tackle, Growl
    Nature: Jolly

Charmander- Reserved for Goodies.

Type: Fire
    Ability: Blaze
    Moves: Scratch, Growl
    Nature: Quirky
    Squirtle- Taken by AC Coda X

Type: Water
    Ability: Torrent
    Moves: Tackle, Tail Whipe
    Nature: Lonely

Taken by Wolfwhispers
    Lvl. 5

Wildcard 2- Taken by Pikalover10
    Lvl. 5
    Nature: Mischeveous

Wildcard3- Taken by Mika
    Lvl. 5

Slots:
    1. Wilcard2/Bubusaur(male) taken by Pikalover10.
    2. Wildcard3/Gible taken by Mika
    3. Bulbusaur(original) taken by ~Rotom~
    4. Squirtle taken by AC Coda X
    5. Wildcard1/Tauros talen by Wolfwhispers

If this is accepted I'll edit and put my SU up.
    Also when trying to capture a pokemon end post after throwing Pokeball and the Pokemon entering it.
    This will be in CHAPTER FORMAT
    !!

Last edited:

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
    Awesome this got accepted! Ok so here are some other things I'll edit in to the main post...

Co-Owner: Wolfwhispers
    I changed my Wildcard
    This RP will allow people to catch Pokemon from other regions, but later on!
    Here is my SU:

Name: Red
    Personality: Red is a very hands-on fellow. He loves to be the example and is usually confident that he will be the best at it. He is very funny and is always the class clown of the group. He loves Pokemon and will do anything for them, friends, or family. He will never leave an injured Pokemon alone, even if it's a Pokemon who was horribly mean to him before then.​

He always becomes serious during a battle, except when he has total confidence that he will win. His confidence will eventually lead to loses in battles, but he doesn't believe that like everyone else. He had few friends because everyone hated him because he always rubbed in at the Pokemon Academy that he would always beat everyone else.​

Appearence: He has deep brown eyes, which ocasionally change to a deep red. He has a wild black hairdo style, which sticks out under his backwards worn cap. His cap is red with a litle white in the back. He most of the time has a confident smirk on his face. He has a few scratches under his eyes which have never seemed to heal.​

He wears a black T-shirt, which he wears under an unbuttoned red and white vest. He wears a pair of loose jeans with a red bandana tied across the top of his thigh over the pants. He wears a pair of black fingerless gloves along with a shark tooth necklace. He keeps his Pokeballs clipped on to his belt and carries around a silver backpack.​

History: 2-3 paragraphs. This is what has happened to your character in the past.
    Preffered Starter: Wildcard2/Male Bulbusaur
    RP Sample: Don't need this as I am the leader of the RP​

Will finish the rest later:)​

Last edited:

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    Name: Melfina
    Gender: Female [Normally dont RP female characters, but figure i'd give it a go.]

Personality: Happy! Quirky! Hyper Active! Melfina is kind, helping, forgiving, thankful and sometimes naive. Although she is quite shy around some people. She isnt very great at using her pokemon and gets very embarassed about it.
    She usually avoids direct confrontation with strangers, but is a sucker for helping people in need... This could lead her into trouble later!

Appearance: About 4ft8, with purple hair and Bright Blue eyes. She wears a pink t-shirt with black shorts and black and white trainers. She has rosey cheeks and a cute smile, and she wears glasses! She carrys a green backpack over her shoulders.

History: Melfina lived in Cerulean city for the first 10 years of her life, but her family moved to Pallet Town to get closer to Prof Oaks lab. Her parents know the Oak family and Melfina has only ever met the prof a few times, mainly shying away and hiding behind her mom.
    But something that they all noticed, Melfina loved pokemon. All her life she just wanted to play with pokemon and one day she made a terrible mistake. Her mom took her out with her on a walk, and she wandered into some long grass where she got attacked by a Pidgey that knocked her to the ground. The pidgey lunged in... 'rest will be in RP example'

Preffered Starter: Squirtle, please!

RP Sample:
    Pidgey lunged in towards Melfina as she screamed at the top of her lungs. Her mother quickly turned her head and run in her direction but she was too late...
    Pidgey had already been knocked unconcious!! Melfina opened her eyes slowly... squinting in the blinding light reflecting from two large cannon shape objects infront of her... then she realised what was standing before her.
    "Blastoise!" The pokemon nodded at Melfina as she backed away... scurrying in fear of her life. Her mother grabbed her quickly and held her. Wiping the tears from her eyes Melfina sobbed. She was only 8 year old and this was the most frightening thing she had ever encountered.
    "It's okay dear." Her mother squeezed her tightly. "That pokemon is friendly. Blastoise belongs to that trainer, It's a trainer's pokemon. Look!"
    Melfina looked over to see a tall man, dress in a long black coat holding out a pokeball in his hand.
    "Blastoise... Return!"

Do you need more? If so i'll continue. Atleast reserve Squirtle for me.

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    Oh hey! It's up! Save me a Wild Card please. I'll have SU up tommorow. :) You want me still to give you an RP sample?

The Jewel of Life

A Gift From Arceus
    Years
    Name: Carolyn Genoe (not my real last name)

Personality: Carolyn is very shy and not very talkative. She never says much and when she does talk she normally says strange or awkward things. Carolyn makes friends eaisly, but being shy always sticks to people and things she is familiar with. when around new people she tends to act friendly, but ends up trying to end the conversation and get back to being alone, as she is a very solitary person. Because she is so solitary, she is not usually very outgoing and if she is part of a group Carolyn is a bit detached. People tend to ignore this though.

Despite being as shy as she is, Carolyn has a lot to say when around her close friends, and sometimes yabbers on about random things. She loves to talk about pokemon because she loves pokemon, and has always wanted one of her own. Carolyn especially adores rare pokemon, and shiny pokemon. Often times she will hand out with her friends and when they leave she goes out by herself. When she is alone Carolyn loves to watch pokemon in the wild and try to make pictures out of the clouds. Carolyn is quite "in touch" with nature

Carolyn is in no way a perfectionist or a neat freak. She preffers that things are not completely perfect so that there is always room for her to improve. When is comes to being clean, Carolynhas a lot to learn. Her room is always very messy because she has a lazy, relaxed personality and doesn't like bothering to clean it up. Carolyn doesn't even mind at all if she is in a dirty or messy place.

Appearance: Carolyn has short violet hair (this is the pokemon world) that hangs down to about her shoulders. Her hair is not curly and she does not style it, but leaves it hanging down straight most of the time. Carolyn has pale skin and a few zits, but her face is mostly clear. Her eyes are a dark hazel color and she has naturally long eyelashes. Carolyn's nose is regular sized but her mouth is a tiny bit small compared to other people and she has braces. Her hair normally covers her ears so they are not seen. She has a few freckles.

Carolyn is about five feet tall and she weighs eighty pounds. She wears jeans most of the time and her favorite shirt, a black short-sleeved shirt with a hood. The jeans she wears have rhinestones on the edges of the pockets and patterns in the middle of the pockets. Her shoes are white tennis shoes with black laces and they look brand-new. You can just barely see the rim of her socks over the top of her shoes, at least if it weren't for her long, baggy jeans.

History: Carolyn was born under a comet, which is said to be lucky. She grew up loving pokemon and often played with her father's eevee. Carolyn took lessons and learned how to ride a rapidash and her family soon after bought one called Flame. Flame was very quick but since Carolyn was a good rider she did a good job, though she was still young. She loved to make crafts and to draw, Carolyn also learned to play the piano.

She was born in the Almia region and lived there until she was seven. At that time her family moved to Pallet Town, and they now live in a small, cabin-like house. As she grew older, Carolyn took more of an intrest in video games, and played a lot. She also grew to love all kinds of music, which was good because her mother worked in a music store. One year for Christmas Carolyn recieved an ipod which she cherished and filled with songs. Carolyn almost had to buy a new one because she filled it completely with songs. Carolyn got so many nice things because she came from a rich family.

Preffered Starter: Wildcard one
    Species- Dratini
    Nickname- Star
    Type- Dragon
    Moves- Wrap and leer (idk what dratini can learn)

RP Sample: This will just be something about my character's past.

Carolyn stood in her room, looking out he window and watching the clouds. She glanced at the clock, 12:43. "Crap, I'm late!" Carolyn was late for her riding session. She quickly got changed into some riding pants as well as her boots and helmet. She headed over to the barn to ride Flame, her beautiful rapidash.

When she arrived, Flame was in her stall rearing up, ready to be ridden. Carolyn took her out and put on the saddle and bridle, then she got on. Carolyn galloped Flame around the riding arena and went over a few jumps, stopping every now and then to have a drink of water. At one time, Flame lept over a jump a little too low and her feet crashed into the jump, knocking it over. Flame was a bit skittish, and when this happened she freaked. Flame reared and bucked until Carolyn calmed her down. It was time to stop riding and Carolyn got off.

She pulled Flame up to the tacking post and took off the saddle and bridle. Carolyn finished off by brushing Flame and using a sponge to clean off the sweat covering the rapidash's body. Then she took her pokemon friend up to her stall and put her away, free to eat all the hay she wanted. Carolyn walked home, because it was such a short distance.

When she arrived at home, Carolyn was very hungry. She took out a piece of bread and began making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. When she was done she tooka huge bite and sat down to eat her meal. About halfway through, Speedy, her father's eevee, jumped up and finished off the sandwich. "Hey! That was mine... oh well. What is done is done." She shooed the little pokemon off the table and once again set her mind to the longing she had for her own pokemon. One day, that wish just may come true.

As a final note, if I am unable to get the dratini, I would like the bulbasaur.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    :DName: Damon Kazinsky
    Personality:Damon is very calm,and rational.He studied an extra two years for his trainers license.he also has a preference for psychic types.
    [2nd paragraph starts here]He can also be arrogant at times,but he isn't a bad person.Typically,when he is acting arroagant,he is put in his place by another trainer.He is also very cautious,and likes to plan ahead.

Appearence:Short and small,he wears a green shirt,and round blue glasses.His pants are brown,and his sneakers are white ,with a red top at the front.
    [2nd paragraph starts here]He also has a brown belt with many compartments attached.In these,he carries several items,including a pokenav and pokegear he ordered from other regions.He carries the larger things in his backpack.He also wears a poketch,custom order from sinnoh

History: When he was eight,he met a wild mew who helped him make his first friends.However his father,a ruthless trainer,attempted to catch the mew,and hospitalised his own son in the process.
    [2nd paragraph starts here]Damon has held a grudge against him ever since,to degree that he stole a pokemon egg from his father before he left on his journey.This is because he didn't want it to go through his father' abusive training tendencies
    Preffered Starter: wildcard/abra

RP Sample: Damon soon came upon pallet town,with the oak laboratory in the distance.He knew from news clips that this year there would be extra starters besides the normal fair.He wanted to get their quickly before the abra was taken.
    [2nd paragraph starts here]Luckily for him,most trainers did not want an abra,because they thought a pokemon that only knew teleport was useless.He was sure that the abra was still be there,and because of his confidence,and stocked up on TM's to teach it before leaving.
    [3rd paragraph starts here]He suddenly felt a wiggle in his back pack.The egg he had stolen from his father was close to hatching.It donned on Damon that if it hatched prior to his arrival at oak labs,he would miss out on his abra.He quickened his pace,and hoped he would get there before the egg hatched

Last edited:

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    [told you i'd join your next rp pika. n-n and I brought a friend~]

Name: Remillia Keller
    Personality:
    Remi is without emotions for, even at ten, she has been taught to treat them as useless worthless hinderances in the world of Pokemon. Emotions, in her opinion, have their place in the cupboards and other small dark places of the world where no one in their right mind could see such a blatant example of weakness. In Pokemon Battles, the use of emotions only gets in the way of proper technique and the execution of that technique. This of course has lead to her one true visible weakness that seeps past the barriers of hatred and this is, in truth, her near seething white hatred of immature people who have truly no excuse for acting so blatantly immature.

The one thing, however, that she can't stand even though she would never let it show on her persona, is being alone for long periods of time. While she's a book worm and it can be rather difficult to pry a book away from her, years of playing with only her stuffed cat that's seen more than it's far share of patches and reading have taken their toll on her. She longs for company but she won't talk about it and the uneasy shyness in dealing with people her own age is one of the only things that will truly bring out her true age. While around adults, she is a proper young seen-and-not-heard-unless-spoken-to child . Around kids her own age, she tends to freeze up, choosing to physically cling to people instead of speaking with them if they push beyond the silent emotionless barriers and pry enough to establish a relationship of some sort. Most people get annoyed with her, thus pushing Remi back into an isolated corner by herself where she plays with her toys and reminds herself of all the things that aren't hers because of her family circumstances.

She has issues with attachment, for various reasons she doesn't like talking about. [Not that she really talks to begin with unless it's to issue a sarcastic monotone comment] While she craves affection and compliments, she has a tendency to disbelieve them aloud or talk them down, trying to make it not seem like that big of a deal while, internally, it makes her entire body glow and brightens her day and while it's almost never apparent on her face unless it's a truly stelar compliment, it does honestly push Remi out of her shell. She'll never let anyone know that however, because then she might be viewed as conceited and she hates being viewed as such because she knows, as well as anyone else does to some extent, that there are people much more deserving of praise than she and again, things like praise require emotions. Which are useless.

Appearence:
    Long silver hair that reaches to the middle of her back, whimsical limbs, piercing grey blue eyes; she's an almost hauntingly pretty child. Her eyes in particular have a tendancy to scare off people simply for the fact they're a little larger than normal and cold depth to them can send enough of a shiver up another's spine to cause enough discomfort to cause the other to look away. However, while it is true she is ten years old, she looks like and is often mistaken for a child along the lines of a seven or eight year old, simply because of how serenely young the genetics in her family have made her. Standing at just slightly over four feet tall, she's not always very easy to see and as she only weighs only 18kg, she's light as a feather and skinny as a twig.

From a distance, an individual looking at her, once might think, for a moment, that she is indeed an actual doll, life size for a child to play with. Prehaps, or rather more than likely, this perception comes about because of her family's social status. Her father, a stern man who rules his house with what some may consider to be an iron fist, prefers to dress her in what he deems appropriate for her age and looks and yet displays to the lower, inferior, classes, their class ranking. This sort of normal outfit consists of a white intricately baby blue ribbon-fed laced sleeveless corset with a elbow to finger arm sock extension, attached at the elbow with the same baby blue ribbon as the corset, that flutters out five or so centimeters past her palms. The bottom half consists of a knee length five tier white frilly skirt. A large baby blue satin ribbon, the tails of which lay past her knees, holds the skirt firmly on her waist to keep it from slipping down. Delicate knee socks, created in the same fashion as her arm socks, fasten just above her knee and the outer sides of both socks are decorated with a thin tiny baby blue ribbon that falls past the blue mary janes. However, since becoming of age to become a pokemon trainer less than a month before, she's been coaxed by the staff in her home mansion to wiggle into more normal upper elementary age attire, at least for her, which consists of a white tank top under a pink bunny-eared hoodie and a white knee-length skirt with a bunny head on the lower right corner of the skirt over a pair of pink leggings, white socks and a pair of pink shoes, but not willingly, at least not at first. It makes her feel rather uncomfortable and awkward, to be so under dressed but the added mobility and the lower temperature is a nice little added factor and she has started to lean a little more towards such normal-ish clothing when not in an overtly public setting.

Preferred Starter:

Name: Adel/Gible
    Nature:Lonely
    Move Set

Tackle
    Sand Attack
    Dragonbreath
    Scary Face

History
    The sun slowly began to peer out from behind the clouds and from the inner most parts of Saffron City, hidden away from the filth of the lower castes, a small infant's cries echoed through the halls of the hospital and in the brightly lit hallways outside the private birthing suite, the nurses paused to gossip, stopping amidst their busy rounds to pick-a-little talk-a-little about the newest little bundle of joy to entire into the elite ranks of the ruling class like a bunch of senior high school girls with a hot new tid bit of information.

"Such an...interesting...looking child!"

"Silver hair, blue eyes… Hn… She does look nothing like her father or her mother..."

"Prehaps there was...another involved?"

"Who knows, it's too hard to say.

"Hmm.. Prehaps she's just an omen?"

"Hmph. Whatever she is, she's not his child, that much is for certain."

"Then why does he let her stay in his house?"

"Who knows? Someone of our class...shouldn't do such things."

"That's for sure..."

"...Hmph. Let's just hope she grows up properly, so she doesn't shame the family further."

And grow she did. From the time she was very little, she was a quiet baby, the ideal little scrawny faced ruler-class midget. She didn't cry much beyond the basic cries for food and to cure discomfort and as she grew, she learned to play and entertain herself. Her parents had little time for the child what with the constant discussions behind closed doors, she was given to the nannies and the maids but she never really was a problem. She'd sit with her stuffed animals and her dollies and entertain herself, dressed in such cute little things, not really realizing what she was missing and not really minding until one day she slipped out of the mansion and into the courtyard, chasing, as many small children do, a butterfly, when she spied something rather peculiar over the fence. Small for her age, it took her some time to climb the fence enough to peak over the wall, to see what was going on. Tilting her head, she saw a little girl, a little older than her, joined hand in hand with a mommy and a daddy walking around the yard, giggling and talking with eachother. As they wandered, her jaw dropped open slightly, a bewildered look on her face. Why was that little girl so...happy? Was it simply because she was holding her mommy and daddy's hands? Dropping down from the fence, she stared at her palms for the briefest of moments before she wandered back inside, silent and bewildered. Just becuase that other girl held her daddy and her mommy's hand, she was smiling like that? She was happy like that? Did...that mean the same for her?

She skittered through the house, running even though she knew it was naughty and that her nannies would yell at her, until she reached her father's wing of the house and pressed open the oaken door to his study before pattering with a soft clickity clack across the floor to stand at her father's knee, peering up at him silently for a moment before peering back down at her palms. He turned from his work a little annoyed and stared down at her, raising an eyebrow at her antics. Biting on her lip lightly, the girl mustered up her child-like courage and shoved a hand towards him, peering up at him with her large blue eyes, her other hand shaking just a little. This sort of awkward waltz continued for few more moments until he swallowed and waved her off, "Remilia Daddy doesn't have time to play with you right now, go back to your playroom." He ruffled her hair somewhat sincerely, "...I'll have the maids come down and read you a story, would you, like that?"

Her hand dropping slowly, her gaze, blank and unchanged, stared at the floor for a moment before she nodded slowly and turned, skittering back out, ignoring the dampness on her cheeks.

No

It wouldn't work for her.

No matter how much she wanted it to, it wouldn't work the same for her.

She grew and grew alone in her area, never lacking in attention but it wasn't from what one would normally except a child to receive. As to why, by the time she was five, she knew. The question of her lineage was a hot topic of debate amongst the gossip crazy maids, they would never shut up about the latest juicey goodness from that end of the mansion and it didn't take a genious to figure out which child they were talking about seeing as she was the only child to ever have been born in particular to this couple.

"I heard the father was hoping her hair would change colors as she grew older"

"I know! But it's still the same iridescent silver! So eerie!"

"Her eyes are just like her mothers, as is her face in general so we know that wasn't the fishy end of things, they're a family trait on her side, you know?"

"Yes, yes… so then she must've cheated on him, right? Her hair is as dark as the night sky, his as red as the hottest fires!"

"That's the only logical explanation… poor child, he'll probably always keep her at that distance. No sense getting emotionally involved when she's not even his to begin with..."

"Shh! She'll hear you!"

"She's a small child, she doesn't understand any of this. She doesn't get the fact she'll probably only ever really have us for friends."

"...That may be true...but don't take chances with it? I don't want to be mean."

"...It's nice though...in awhile, she'll be old enough to go on a little Pokemon Journey on her own, and she can get away from all this madness, at least for awhile. Be a normal little girl."

"...But normal.... the concept is relative...isn't it?"

-----

Two months after she turned ten, the girl stepped out from the helicopter in Viridian City, the helicopter that had caused such a stir when it landed in the fields north of the city, below the forest, because of how high it flung several infant caterpie and just an hour and a half later, the girl found herself outside of a very large building with a sign on the front that clearly labeled the massive building infront of her as the Laboratory at which she was to receive those blasted objects needed to become a pokemon trainer. Sighing once, she adjusted her skirt and pressed firmly on the heavy door, creaking softly as she wandered inside, tiny feet clanking on the floor tiles as she wandered about, a blank expression stretched effortlessly across her face as she searched for the correct location.

Rp Sample: taken from fragments of alarayne

Something about this entire mission was starting to bother her and as she looked over the map for another moment or two before the girl reached out a hand and, not looking up, beckoned Parse over, pointing out a few locations on the map, "So here's the basic scheme of things." Her eyes glanced up at the rest of the group, "And before you whine at me about how unsecure this location is, we've used it for almost a decade, I don't want to hear it." The map itself was in a U-like box shape, with two long tunnels on the left and right and a smaller tunnel extending a few rooms in in the middle and stretching out as a single path towards nothingness or at least nothing on the map, "There's a G-Men base outside the shrine we're going to. It's nothing too special, it's only been around about a month but it's going to be a bit of a pain. We'd have more detailed maps but…well… Neru decided to play Gem instead of doing his freaking job. He's been replaced by his superior who wasn't really on a mission like he led Kain to believe and his superior, the gem Topaz but you might actually have heard of him from his actual name Gareth, kicked his rear end into gear and he managed to get us this. In a way, we have a bit of a start but we're still going in relatively blind. If you look here," she pointed at a red box in each of the three rooms on either sides , "You'll see the standard base security system the Global Police use, at the very least, to secure back rooms. In short, we need to split into two groups to get the stupid things activated to open up this room here. As you can see, we'll meet up in this particular room so we're only split up for a short amount of time. Parse, Gareth and I have run a base like this before and I seriously doubt anyone else here really has so I'm going to say he and I need to be the team leaders for this. You're free to assign yourself and the rest of the group here to their respective groups within reason. Regardless, we're dropping onto the base so if you're all afraid of heights, I'm simply going to say I don't care." Sighing, she stood up, giving Parse room to plot, "Parse'll explain who's in either group once we get onto the helicopter which is in the normal spot just north of Goldenrod, in the eastern woods." Stretching, she closed her eyes for a moment before opening them, her gaze even cooler than before, "So go get changed into something uniform-like and go to the copter. Do not do anything out of the ordinary and if you're late to the chopper even though I'm giving you two hours to get there, I swear to Acerus I am going to thrash you into pieces. Dismissed." With that, she stood and exited, heading towards the entrance and up to the pokemon center.

----

"Here are your Pokemon back, they're all healed up! But you should go lay down, you don't look too good yourself!" The pink haired large-chested nurse bounced just slightly towards the girl, "At least go wash up a bit? You poor little thing...."

Rubbing the back of her neck, Mika couldn't help a light blush, "Ah Nurse Joy, I'm quite alright."

"If you're certian... Well...You just let me know if you need anything!"

"Heh heh, I will!" Waving over her shoulder, the girl slipped into one of the rooms for trainers to crash in and, after locking the door, unpacked the items she'd just pulled out of her item pc and layed them out before changing into one of the two outfits she'd withdrawn. Compared to everything else she owned, it was simple. A pair of black cargo pants, a black tank top and a pair of sturdy back boots all under a black leather trenchcoat with a weird zipper that zipped down as opposed to up and a pair of fingerless gloves. Tying her hair up into a tight high ponytail, she stood up, letting the hood of the coat fall to back and, making sure the second outfit was packed securely and her pokeballs were in tact, as well as the necklace around her neck, she slipped out the window so as not to be drawn into a conversation with the bubbly nurse and, with an hour and a half to spare, slipped across the rooftops elegantly until she'd gotten out of the city, the rush purifying her mind for the moment or at least numbing it for now and once she hit the forest, kept to the trees until she reached the helicopter, dropping down infront of it. Looking over her shoulder, she saw others starting to creep forward but, when she opened the heavy side door on the helicopter, saw that only he was actually on board. Setting her bag down across from him, closest to the cockpit on the same side as the door, she began to slip into the ridiculous amounts of saftey harnesses that came with a jumping pack, looking over her shoulder at him, "So how badly did you hurt him?"

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    Name: Elijah J. Howard

Appearance: Standing at just over five feet seven inches tall, Elijah- or as he prefers to be called, Eli- is slightly below average height. What he lacks in vertical quality, however, he makes up for in spades with pure muscle. While Eli isn't exactly a pro-wrestler in terms of muscle mass, he's definitely got the build of a martial artist and a knowledge of basic hand-to-hand combat to match it. Eli's usual attire consists of a white short-sleeved shirt which he usually wears a blue vest over. Said vest is a secondhand uniform usually worn by police trainees, a gift from a friend of the family, and as such it is lined on the outside with various pockets designed to keep such handy supplies as extra cartridges of ammunition. Eli usually wears the vest with the front open, using it more as a fashion statement than as something functional. Eli's choice in attire is completed by a pair of blue jeans, tattered and torn from the use they've seen. Eli's complexion is rather dark, accenting his brown eyes and long, black hair.

Eli is no stranger to violence, and as a result his lower arms and hands are usually kept covered by bandages to hide the scars from various scuffles with neighborhood toughs. However, while many notice that Eli has quite a few scars, it bears mentioning that for two or three years nobody has actually seen any new cuts appearing.

Personality: Eli is rather sensitive. His father was a Global Police agent, and he's undergone rigorous training in self-defense as well as certain survival skills, but he's never really taken to heart his father's mantra of "Stay ahead at all costs", and he dislikes the use of excessive force. While Eli could probably break your wrist or shatter your hip if he wanted to, he would rather try to talk things out, resorting to physical violence only when absolutely necessary. However, Eli is also a good enough judge under pressure to know exactly when "Necessary" is when he really needs to. His sensitivity is also his biggest personal weakness, as while physically he's capable of handly himself quite easily the smallest things- be they an insult to his choice of clothing or the fact that his Pokemon just took a single hit in battle- will often send him into a downward spiral of depression. He's rather hard on himself, blaming himself for each mistake he makes and many that he doesn't.

Eli is first and foremost a lover of music and beauty in general. A peculiar quirk of his is his tendency to interject musical terms into his speech when giving orders to a Pokemon entering battle. He rarely misses the oppurtunity to glorify music, especially the classical variety, and he has long since mastered the violin. Eli's second love is all things cute and cuddly. Rather than fight an angry Growlithe, he'd prefer to sigh "awwwww..." and attempt to befriend it. This explains the majority of the scars on his arms, though he has sustained a few of them in actual fights.

Eli's final defining trait is his keen powers of observation. He's able to notice when people are acting differently than usual, and he can instinctively pick up on what people mean as opposed to what they're saying during conversations. Due to his aforementioned sensitivity, he actually makes a fairly good listener and likes to help others through their problems. He makes a pretty natural parent.

History: Eli was born in Viridian City to a family dedicated to law and order. His Mother was a Jenny, and his father was a former Global Police Officer who had retired early after a debilitating leg injury. The family's home was small but lively, and Eli's childhood was spent looking after his little sister as well as helping care for his father's Pokemon, a pair of Growlithe. As a child Eli was fascinated by musical matters, constantly attempting to play music that he heard on his father's collection of classical composers or compose new melodies himself. His dream was not to follow in his parent's footsteps, as his father had intended, but rather to become a world famous concernt violinist. His father, while not pleased by his son's preferences, initially supported his musical training by reasoning that after a while his son would soon calm down and follow in his father's footsteps by training to enter the Global Police. To prepare his son for this, he insisted in enrolling the boy in a school of personal combat classes.

However, to his father's dismay, Eli soon proved that his "fleeting" obsession with music was anything but. He threw himself into his lessons, often practicing for hours on end without being asked. He also proved to be genuinely talented, having the rare gift of "perfect pitch". His father grew more and more concerned. He had no intentions of watching his son desert what he perceived to be the only career he could possibly select for his future, and he reacted with resentment, threatening to stop the violin lessons when Eli was thirteen and stopping only when his wife talked him down. However, as the years went by Eli's arguments with his father about his future became more frequent and bloodier. Eli eventually rejected his father as a role model completely, and buried himself in musical studies. Distressed and not knowing what else to do, Eli's father did what came naturally:

He kicked his son out of the house.

Reasoning that the only way his son would give up on music was if he was given a healthy dose of "Real life", Elijah J. Howard Sr. forced his son into leaving home on a Pokemon journey, contacting Gary Oak and requesting a starter be put on hold for his son. He then presented Eli with a choice- either take the starter and go on a journey for a while then come back home, or be denied any oppurtunity to study music under the Howard roof ever again. Eli was understandably upset, but resolved to go anyway after noticing the fatal flaw in his father's plan- away from home, he could study music all he wanted, and no one would be the wiser. Besides, traveling might be fun....

...Right?

RP Sample [Taken from Pokemon: Neo Genesis]:Mark sat back as the plot unfolded like that of a cheap sci-fi novel mashed together with "Satoshi's Adventures" and "The Elite Four", with a side order of "Pokerus- The Beginning". It was at times like these that he fervently wished that when the Powers That Be had been organizing the being that would eventually become Mark, they hadn't included something he liked to term his "nerd gene", which automatically drew paralells in situations like this. Then again, the situation itself was completely insane. An evil team had somehow blacked out an island and proceeded to implement their plans by superpowering every Pokemon that came within their range before a bad guy turned good guy with scientific know-how and his partner, a snarky, mistrusting dude with well-trained Pokemon, had set the project back long enough to call in a few rookies in order to train them to become the saviors of the world. Well, at least aliens hadn't arrived and people hadn't been fused with Pokemon yet. Still, with the way things had gone so far, Mark wasn't sure that any predictions leaning in that direction would be too far off. On the other hand, at least Lucifer was being honest about the whole thing. Mark was still debating on whether or not he should dismiss this whole thing as being too incredibly cliche and leave before the camera guys came out of the woodwork and announced the whole thing to be a fake or accept Lucifer's offer and take his chances when the apparent multimillionaire spoke the magic words:

"I shall also place all the resources I can spare at your disposal, and regardless of what happens, the pokémon will be yours to keep."

Mark's willpower crumbled. He had wanted a Pokemon since he was old enough to travel, and though he never let on, he wanted one still. Lucifer Ashton was definitely banking on Mark when he said that. Slowly, the red-capped teenager raised his hand. "I-I'm not sure that I'm really going to be all that much help unless we end up needing to run around underground or whatever we're doing involves fossils," he stammered, "But I'm in. I don't know exactly why, but something's telling me that if I don't accept this offer now, I'll never have another chance to work with Pokemon." His speech thus made, Mark stepped up to the suspended egg of his choice, a smooth, grey one, like pebbles in a stream. Placing his hand on the button, he gently depressed it and the fluid fell away from the case.

The egg cracked almost immediately, sending shards of shell hurtling across the room, including one very sharp piece that embedded itself in Mark's hand momentarily, forcing him to remove it and lift the wound to his mouth, instinctively sucking the blood for a moment. He immediately regretted that particular decision. Well, if this NG virus is transferable to humans, I guess I'll be the first to know, he thought grimly as he stared at the tiny creature dislodging itself from the egg white.

The first thing that was obvious about this creature was its shape, somewhat akin to a miniature tyrannonosaurus with the sharp teeth replaced by a hard, domelike skull that was ringed with a set of short horns. The creature's skin was also a definining feature, grey and rocklike for the most part with a few blue patches located on the body which shone like lacquered gems as the liquid surrounding the Pokemon evaporated or ran off. Reaching out his hand tentatively, Mark touched the skull of the creature. Could it be? In all his wildest dreams he had hoped for it, but he had never dared suppose... a Cranidos? A real, live Cranidos? How the hell had LA got his hands on fossil DNA, let alone bring a living one into existence? Mark rubbed his hands along the little creature's head, tentatively daring to suppose this whole thing was not some kind of fantastic dream, and he would not be waking up at home soon enough. Satisfied that the whole thing was real, Mark stood for a moment and faced LA, his voice choked with emotion. "Sir..." he gushed, "Thank you so much. This... this is amazing. I never dared hope... freaking Kyogre, this is awesome."

Mark had hardly finished his sentiment of gratitude when, with the speed of a blazing bullet, the small creature he had been admiring moments before hurtled into his back like a cartridge from a hair-trigger gun, headfirst. Mark sprawled across the floor, the wind leaving his system in a rush of air. By turning his head, he could just barely make out the small dinosaur dancing happily beside his head, happily growling and chanting its name. Feeling some wind return to him, Mark pulled himself to his knees. "Playful, aren't you..." he managed to stutter, his back still aching. He couldn't bring himself to be angry at the critter, after all, it was only just born and it didn't really mean any harm. It probably assumed that Mark was another Cranidos or something. He remembered that before Roark had managed to bring his under control, the Pokemon had been almost impossible to bring to heel, butting everything in sight. Well, at least that made the naming job easier. Something or someone with a lot of energy... Mark made his decision quickly. "How 'bout I call you 'Gon'?" he asked the tiny terror.

The Pokemon answered by charging forward and playfully butting Mark again, sending the red baseball cap that ordinarily graced his head flying across the room as he went crashing into the wall. "Okay... you win..." he groaned painfully, "Gon it is, then..."

The dinosaur continued dancing madly, completely oblivious to the fact that it had probably bruised Mark severely.

Starter: Squirtle

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
    Dark Mike: OK...First of you need to bulk up these sections:
    Appearence(one more paragraph),
    Personality(one more paragraph),
    RP Sample(a lot longer please),
    and one more paragraph to History.
    I'm sorry to say, but now you're Declined.

Wolfwhispers: Yep! You're reserved with Wildcard1

Rotom: Wow! Wonderful Sign Up! Seeing as how Wolfwhispers ahs reserved the Wildcard before you got your Su up, You'll have Bulbusaur!

jcogginsa: Declined. You didn't capitalize most of the letters beginning a sentence, one every now and then would be fine. But you need to add a paragraph to History, Personality, Appearence, and two paragraphs to the RP Sample.

Mika: Wonderful SU! Accepted!

AC Coda X: Wonderful SU! Accepted!

Also I have decided to add 1 more wildcard, but that went to Mika since they had such a wonderful SU, I couldn't deny it. Also, for those with reservations you will be reserved until Wednsday!

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    Well, I was going to come back and bulk up all of these sections anyway. I've just been writing up these posts really late :P.

I also wanted to reserve a squirltle for myself asap. ;)

But for now I'll back out since it's looking like my own RP could kick off soon.
    Thanks anyway.

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    Name: Jade Skillet

Appearance: Jade has small cut hair that only reaches the top of her neck. She spikes her hair and looks a lot like a boy. She has a single bar piercing on her left ear that she got without her parents permission and has loved it ever since, though it did get infected a few times because she did it herself. Jen always wears normal blue jeans, a black and gray striped long sleeved shirt and black converse shoes. Around her neck is a simple silver chain necklace that she constantly wears, along with the dog tags of her deceased older brother. He was always her favorite and taught her how to be a fighter.

Aside from that she keeps a black jacket in her black backpack that she always carries around because she is constantly picking things up from the ground: coins, shells, sparkly things... As the cold rarely bothers her (except when it snows, of course), she just wears that black jacket.

Personality: Jade is one tough cookie. Having had grown up with five brothers total and being the only girl puts you in that sort of position. She constantly likes to wrestle and have mock fights, even going so far as to wrestle a stray Mightyena that walked into her backyeard. The two had fallen in love with each other, but sadly Jade had to let it go. Jen can be pretty cheerful. In fact, she is almsot all the time and rarely shows any anger unless for a just cause like against abuse, unfair laws and anything against her belief's or when she gets into a fight with one of her brothers. Jen hides her tears, which really doesn't matter since she doesn't cry all that often. When she falls and hurts herself, she takes it, but unless a drama show is on, she will cry silently.

Unfortunately, with what happened to her brother, pent up emotions torment her at the most unopportune times, more often than not creating an unneeded outburst. But Jen deals with it, and she knows she's getting better and accepting it. After all, she does have her brother's dog tags, so he's with her constantly.

History: Jade grew up with five brothers, but was the third oldest. Her oldest brother, and favorite, Jarrett, died while serving in the army. He was a great soldier and pokemon trainer. His best pokemon, Skarmory, went down fighting with him. Jen now keeps his dog tags for herself. That was the first time she had ever cried so openly.

Jade's second oldest, Bobby, is a bit of a study nerd, and doesn't fight all that often, which sucks because when he does wrestle he's incredibly good at it. Jade's younger brother's, Mark and Owen, are only a year apart, Mark being the oldest and being one year younger than Jen. Aside from Jarrett, who is three years older than Bobby, they are all a year apart. Their family is close, but when news of Jarrett's death reached their ears, they were never the same again and closed off one another, and even till this day they aren't the same. That's why Jade wants to go on a pokemon journey, to get away from it all.

Starter: Pokemon: Kanto Journey! (Male) Attacks: Tackle, Growl, Tail Whip, Rage, Icy Wind (I don't know if I can have IW, but I saw a few other pokemon that had moves that didn't learn it at level 5. shrug*)

RP Sample:

PHP:
     Trent swallowed nervously, his hand just mere inches away from the door. This morning, he had done the standard breakfast with parents, gotten tidy and had bid them goodbye, but today was a very different day. Today was the day he became a trainer! It was something he dreamed about for most of his life.

Gulping once more, Trent finally knocked. After a moment or two, a boy about his age opened the door. Looking Trent up and down, he finally said, "New trainer?"

Trent nodded eagerly. "Yep! I'm Trent. Is Professor Birch here?"

The boy's shoulder's seemed to slump. "...no. But I'll be helping you... Just follow me, please."

With a wide grin, Trent followed this new kid into the lab, eager eyes looking at all of the pokemon technology.

"So what's your name?" Trent asked, hoping to pass the time as the boy wandered around for his supplies.

"Brendan," the boy answered. "Brendan Birch."

"Are you?" Trent asked eagerly. "It must be cool to have a pokemon professor as a father.

Brendan's shoulder's slumped even more. "Y... yea," he said a bit shakily.

"Hey now, what's wrong?" Trent asked softly, not knowing if he had pushed a wrong button.

Brendan began to shake and instantly turned towards Trent. "It... It's my father!" he finally shouted. "He's gone!"

Trent blanched. "What?" he asked shakily, thinking of abductions or kidnapping.

Brendan nodded. "Yea, my old man was kidnapped last night... I don't know why, and I can't go looking for him myself since I have to hold down the lab."

It was like a light bulb went off. "Hey, I know! I'll help you find him!" Trent said, hoping to help the young boy.

"What, don't be a fool!" Brendan hissed. "The people who kidnapped my father, a well known pokemon professor, would most likely have no problem silencing an unknown pokemon trainer!" Brendan glared, making Trent shuffle awkwardly.

"Sorry," he said at last. "I was only trying to..."

"I know," Brendan interrupted. "I'm sorry, it's my fault. I'm just so snappish today."

"I understand."

"Still, I don't want you looking for trouble."

"And you will?" Trent countered.

"Someday when I have time," Brendan said with a srug. "Don't forget, I've been a trainer for a much longer time than you."

"Have you?" Trent asked, interested.

Brendan sighed, giving a small smile. "You don't see me in TV, do you?"

"I don't watch much pokemon on TV," Trent said with a shrugg. "THough now that I think about it, I think I remember something about you winning a Battle Tower and a few things... Battle Frontier and all that."

"Yep, that's me," Brendan said with a chuckle. "And now its your turn," he said, handing over a few pokeballs and a pokedex. "And here's your pokemon," he said at last.

Trent stared at the pokeball in awe, excitement raging from within. He looked up at Brendan. "I promise, that if I hear anything..."

"You will go to the police," Brendan said with a parental scowl, daring Trent to argue back.

Trent sighed. "Arlight, then. I'll call the police."

Brendan nodded, quiet for a moment. He turned away. "You may leave now."

Trent nodded, already leaving to allow Brendan to cry in peace.

By the way, how can you hide content?

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
    Wolfwhispers: UHm...I'm not sure about the moves...I'll decide that later once we start doing the battles and once I get the OOC up...anyway, Accepted!

Dark Mike: The only reason I didn't reserve you is because someone else asked for Squirtle, and had a way better SU then you so I didn't feel right giving you the Pokemon, when someone else who worked harder at it deserved it more...that's not fair.

Chapter 1: Pallet Town
    (1 post)
    Description: A nice little town where most trainers start their own journey from. This town's residents all know eachother, that's how close everyone lives to eachother.​

What you do:
    1. Explain waking up and going about normal business.
    2. Go to Professors and acquire starting Pokemon, Pokedex, and your 5 Pokeballs after Professor Oak tells you how to use them, and then leave.
    3. Do anything else OTHER then battling or catching wild Pokemon and end your post at the enterance to Route 1. NO MEETING OTHER PLAYERS, except for maybe seeing them at the lab.​

Last edited:

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
    jcogginsa: Uhm...no because all the slots are taken and one is reserved...there aren't anymore slots open and to do a new paragraph you hit enter...and that SU still stinks...sorry, but maybe next time...

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    jcogginsa: Uhm...no because all the slots are taken and one is reserved...there aren't anymore slots open and to do a new paragraph you hit enter...and that SU still stinks...sorry, but maybe next time...
    that SU doesn't stink,considering it's my first. besides,RP's aren't supposed to have limitations on those that are part of it.making limitations takes away the fun

The Jewel of Life

A Gift From Arceus
    Years
    It was a beautiful morning in Pallet Town and Carolyn was more than ready to go and recieve her pokemon.She got up out of bead and changed into her clothes. Stopping only to grab some breakfast, Carolyn headed over to the pokemon lab. Since it was such a short distance, the trip only took a few minutes. She proudly stepped into the lab knowing that today her life-long dream of having a pokemon will finally be fulfilled. Carolyn walked up to the Professor and made her choice. "I'm here for my pokemon. May I please have bulbasaur?" "Certainly," the Professor answered back, "here you go." He handed over the bulbasaur's pokeball and Carolyn opened it up to greet her new friend. She decided to call him Ivy.

The Professor then handed over a pokedex and a few pokeballs. "This is a pokedex. It automatically records data on pokemon you have seen or captured. You must catch a pokemon to get complete data on that pokemon though." Carolyn nodded, indicating that she understood. "These here are pokeballs. They are devices used for capturing wild pokemon. To catch a pokemon, throw a pokeball at it. But, a healthy pokemon will escape, so try to weaken it first. Good luck on your adventure." Carolyn grabbed the pokedex and pokeballs. "Thank you! I'm sure I'll have fun with my new pokemon."

When Carolyn was out of the building she walked home to show her parents Ivy. She walked in with a big grin on her face and Ivy in her arms. "Hey Mom, Dad, I got a bulbasaur!" Carolyn's parents seemed happy with Carolyn's new pokemon and patted him a bit on the head. Carolyn grabbed a few things she had forgot and left out on her grand adventure.

Carolyn stopped at the entrance to route one. "Okay Ivy,here is where it all begins." Her bulbasaur looked up at her from the ground, his eyes twinkling. Carolyn was now ready and she braced herself for the first step into a world of many thrilling battles and exciting adventures.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    You know what?
    I've got waaay too much going on right now, so I don't think joining an RP would be the best thing for me.
    You can go ahead and get rid of my reservation, Pikalover. Maybe next time, aye?

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    Jade couldn't help but let out a relieved breath as the aging professor in front of her finished his speech. It had been an amazing morning already, what with her waking up with a sense of excitment at the prospect of recieving a pokemon and beginning her pokemon journey.When she had woke, her brothers immediately raised her out of bed, threw her outside and turned the hose on her. Of course this resulted in a huge wrestling contest, which almost resulted in her being late to this meeting, but her she wa, ready at last to start the most important journey of her life!

"...and there you have it," Professor Oak explained with a happy expression, his eyes bright with excitement and encouragment for the young children that would start their journey. "Now, if you'll just step up, you'll recieve a pokedex, five pokeballs and, of course, your pokemon!"

Jade let out a loud whoop with the rest of the kids, knowing that they were just as excited as her, but perhaps not so much since she all but butted her way up to the front and was the first in line. Grinning from ear to ear, Jade eagerly accepted the pokemon supplies and hastily put them away in her bag and carried the pokeball that held her pokemon. Rushing outside, and almost slamming a few of the other kids to the ground in her haste, Jade let out a loud bark of laughter and all but danced towards the beginning of Route 1.

"Now," she said breathlessly, "to see my pokemon." Grin still as large as ever, she threw the ball into the air, watching it burst open with a beam of white light while shouting, "Go!"

As soon as the white light disappeared, Jade was surprised to see a large pokemon standing in front of her. It had large, curved horns, a tanned body, diamond hard hooves and threw tails that waved in the air. "Taurooos!" the giant bull pokemon called in excitement, leaving Jade momentarily gapping at the pokemon.

"Woah," Jade breathed as she ran a hand over the bull's head, unable to believe she had been blessed with such a large and powerful pokemon as her starter. "Awsome," she hissed with excitement.

"Toro," Tauros said happily, butting her hand with his head to recieve more petting. He gave a small huff as she did as commanded, obviously happy with the treatment he was getting.

"So you're my partner," Jade said with interest, her grin becoming competetive. "And I'll be your trainer... Together, we'll rock the world!"

"Ro, ro," Tauros grumbled as he snorted and stamped the ground with excitement, obviously ready to take on anything as well.

With a jerk of her head, Jade said, "Well, let's get outta here and see what you can do!"

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back