• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official apology thread for what Moose did in this community

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
    Hello, everyone. This is Hall of Famer, the founder fan game Pkmn HOF. Some of you might have known that Moose was demoted yesterday afternoon, and this might be one of the best moves I have ever made for my team and this community since I began working on my project. I hope you all understand that Moose is not a representive of fan game Pkmn HOF, and he wasn't supposed to be. It's possible for me and my team members to get back on track again after Moose's demotion is carried out.

Well, there's still an issue remained to be settled. Moose is supposed to show up and make an apology to the entire community, but he hasn't even responded to my announcement yet. Besides, as much as I know him, he's not the person who is going to apologize at all. He doesn't even say sorry to my team members. However, the fact that Moose is being harmful to this community is unquestionable, and someone must stand up and take the blame. As the head staff of Pkmn HOF and Moose's boss, I decide to take the responsibility and make this apology thread. It may sound ironical that another person has to make an apology to the public for what he hasn't done, but this is what I have to do for Moose, my team members, supporters and everyone who is involved in game development community.

As the head staff of Pkmn HOF, I am supposed to make sure that every team member is doing the things he/she is supposed to do. I knew Moose had been causing trouble for a long while, but I hadn't done anything to prevent it from happening again. I might be too busy or simply lazy, and I was simply trying to avoid all kinds of conflicts. Well, it was simply an impossible task when one of my team member was intentionally causing all these troubles and flames. I falsely believed that Moose would eventually change himself and he did responded to me that he'd become less aggressive and learn how to appreciate and respect others. Nonetheless, he became even worse since the beginning of this March. I started to realize how bad a decision I made to "let it be", and how irresponsible I was as a leader. Complaints from my team members further convinced me that it was time for me to show up and respond to the public.

Now Moose is already demoted, and more importantly, he's never going to be promoted back to his previous position no matter what he does to restore his infamous reputation. I'm glad that I don't have to wait until it is already too late, and I feel lucky that I still have a chance to make this thread and apologize to those who were offended by Moose before. I don't intend to defend Moose in this thread, but I hope you can forget or even forgive what he has done. I don't wish it to develop into a Moose-bashing thread since it's completely pointless. All I want you to know is that I won't allow similar things happen again with Pkmn HOF. I hope you all understand that I'm sincere and I'm trying to make a thread to express how bad I feel about Moose's behaviors and my inability to deal with his issues in time.

To Captain Arcane:
    I love your game Pkmn LW very much. Your game is the pioneer of most multi-region fan games, and the fact that it is made in Sphere instead of Poccil's starterkit makes it more outstanding. I'm really sorry for what Moose did, and I just want you to know that I'm as pissed off by his comments in your thread as you and your team members. I hope we can become friends someday and discuss about how to make a successful multi-region game together.

To Venom12:
    I must admit that I feel really bad and even furious at what Moose did in your thread. You didn't even mention that it was a huge upgrade to use D/P tiles instead of FR/LG tiles, but Moose kept spamming even after I asked him to stop. I'm sorry for what happened, and I hope that our affiliation won't be broken simply because of a person like Moose.

To Kyledove:
    You are one of the best tile designer ever in this community. I don't know if you really found Moose comments offensive, and perhaps you never even paid attention to Moose's existence at all. However, Moose had shown in many of his posts that he had problems with your tiles. Moreover, he started to bash on your tiles simply because my mapper Jonny decided to make a tileset following your style. I'm really sorry for what Moose did and hopefully you're not too upset about this.

To I don't belong here and Cubuole:
    Moose found your posts annoying, but he made two of the most annoying replies I can ever imagine in this community. I don't think there's anything wrong for someone to sign up an account and congratulate the good work from another person. I was shocked by Moose's inability to accept and tolerate opposite ideas. I'm saying sorry to both of you for the flames Moose was trying to cause.

To the rest of people who were offended by Moose:
    I don't remember your names, but I can see you being as upset about Moose's behavior as those I mentioned above. I used to believe that Moose wrote his comments on a sudden impulse and that we might need to tolerate him as much as we can. However, I was completely wrong. Moose sees no bright side, and the entire humanity is evil in his eyes. I'm sorry for those who used to be flamed by Moose as well.

Sorry for writing such a long and exhausting post. I wasn't the one who caused all these trouble, but I was responsible for almost everything Moose had done to this community. This is why I'm here to write this thread, and I hope you will accept my apology. Like what I said before, please don't bash on Moose in this thread, just tell me what I can do to regain what I have lost. Thank you.

Last edited:

Sajuuk

http://forum.hpcommunity.co.uk
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2010
    You did the right thing, and it was not your fault. You could not predict what Moose was going to do. The damage is done, as they say, and we just have to keep on going as if nothing ever happened. Moose paid the price for his stupidity and the fact that he never said Sorry, is very questionable.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    I think you made the right choice to apologize and to demote moose.
    I still love the game as much as before(probably more) without moose.

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    That's cool Hall of Famer, I did notice his dislike for my tiles, but hey you can't please everyone!
    You never know he might be having problems at home or something, I try not to let it bother me too much.

BlazingLink

Sergeant Serious
    Years
    It takes a big man to apologize on behalf of his team member, and take the blame. However, I agree with PyroYahtzee.

But it means a lot.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
    That's cool Hall of Famer, I did notice his dislike for my tiles, but hey you can't please everyone!
    You never know he might be having problems at home or something, I try not to let it bother me too much.

Thanks Kyledove. Well, it doesn't really matter if he simply dislike your tiles since he can have his preference. However, it becomes intolerable when he tries to convince the other game developers not to use your tiles by simply bashing and flamming. He still doesn't have a solid reason why he has problems with your tiles except the so called "Originality stuff". He was being rude to everyone who loves and wants to use your tiles, and apparently it's not his business. I'd like to apologize to you and all those people who were bashed by Moose because of the D/P tiles. Ironically, Moose's animosity towards your tiles kind of makes me and my mappers want D/P tiles even more.

As much as we like how mature and respectful you are, HoF, I have to admit, you aren't necessarily Moose's representative, and it would probably mean even more to everybody if Moose himself apologized.

But thank you.

Thanks Trace. I hope Moose will show up and make an apology someday.

Last edited:

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    I take a few months out of game development and this happens, i never really knew Moose, but i have read some of his comments in the past, it doesn't seem to matter how good a game is when he is around, he has to find something to either insult the developers or just spam about, it's good of you HoF to apologies for his actions, although you shouldn't have had to as it's not your fault, and you did the right thing by demoting him (though myself i would have removed him from the team altogether), and i highly doubt that anyone will think any less of you, the rest of your team or your game in general, and if they do it's there loss.

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
    Years

I thought the same thing, but I really hope that's not the case...

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
    Years
    I knew Moose for about a month before I took a break from PC. He was trying to recruit me to map for your game but I told him that I would have just preferred to work on my own game. He didn't seem like the nicest guy around but he didn't come off to me as that big of a d-bag. So I decided to do some research. I looked his name up and then viewed yours and his conversation. In that last post to you, I cannot believe how rude he was to you. If he was part of my team, I would have kicked him off right there. Then I decided to look at some posts he has made. I looked at posts he had made for 15 minutes and I was amazed. Can this guy say anything nice about anything ever?

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
    Thank you Hall Of Famer,

It really means a lot to me when I see people act responsible on this community. And it is people like you who step up to the plate when the time comes that make this a better place. Again, thank you for the apology, it really does mean a lot to me.

Now, I myself haven't had that many past experiences with Moose. He's left a comment here and there on my thread, and from what I think I can remember, they weren't all that nice. But on the other hand, I hired him because he showed me that he could perform his task, and perform it well. But, after seeing his past, and recent actions, it safe to presume that he would not be an asset to my team. It takes more than just work ethic to complete a job, and in the case with Moose, that seems like the only thing he does have..

But, he has hence been fired. And like I said preciously, after seeing his recent behavior, I do not want someone like him spoiling a good team, much less an entire thread and/or community.

But enough about Moose, what's done is done. There is no point crying over spilt milk that has already gone sour.

Again Hall Of Famer, thank you very much,
    Captain Arcane

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
    I may be native to the Rom Hacking section, but I come to the Game Development section of the forums often to see how these games are progressing, contemplating whether or not I should invest in a computer that can handle the programs necessary to create such lovely and amazing games.

Seeing those degrading and dreadful posts by Moose was unbelievably rude, I am glad you made an apology thread on his behalf, that was very responsible of you. You earned +5 respect with this... take it, and enjoy! ^_^

Sajuuk

http://forum.hpcommunity.co.uk
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2010
    ...he has to find something to either insult the developers or just spam about,...

I have to agree with you.Maybe he revels in their anger.

I knew Moose for about a month before I took a break from PC. He was trying to recruit me to map for your game but I told him that I would have just preferred to work on my own game. He didn't seem like the nicest guy around but he didn't come off to me as that big of a d-bag. So I decided to do some research. I looked his name up and then viewed yours and his conversation. In that last post to you, I cannot believe how rude he was to you. If he was part of my team, I would have kicked him off right there. Then I decided to look at some posts he has made. I looked at posts he had made for 15 minutes and I was amazed. Can this guy say anything nice about anything ever?

I don't think he could. Maybe he went power-hungry and abused his position (I've been there, it's not nice)

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    Thank you HOF. I think that it is unlikely that Moose will come and post an apology for himself, and I'm glad that you recognize that his behavior recently has been detrimental to the community.

I just hope that Moose learns from this, and becomes a nicer person.

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
    Years
    Thank you HOF. I think that it is unlikely that Moose will come and post an apology for himself, and I'm glad that you recognize that his behavior recently has been detrimental to the community.

I just hope that Moose learns from this, and becomes a nicer person.

I personally think it would be better if he just quit from the PokeCommunity. This forum really does not need people like him around here. The majority of the people on this forum are nice and helpful. Anybody that breaks that mold should just leave, imo.

EDIT: 499th post.

Back