• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Action Replay troubles

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2009
    Before anybody starts reprimanding me about using Action Replay, may I just say that I don't use it to beat other trainers (in real life, not the made up ones in the game) or steal their Pokemon! In fact, I was going to do a Free Pokemon Giveaway until my AR codes bagged out on me.

So, I heard the dangers of using the 2 ULTIMATE AR codes together; the Pokemon Modifer Code, and the Shiny Pokemon Code. I used it for about 3 days, and then it started going all wacky on me. It wouldn't work until I deleted the code and re-entered it. Then, it started not working at all. Do you think I broke my AR? It still works for all the basic codes, such as Super EXP Gain and One-Hit Kill, etc, etc.

I would appreciate help from anybody. Just please give me some ideas on why my AR is broken/breaking! Thanks so much!

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • Don't qualify your use of an Action Replay; if you want to use it in single player, go ahead. Just know that bad things can happen to your game, especially if you're using two codes that aren't supposed to be used together.

As for your question, I'd guess either you corrupted your save file (though not badly enough to prevent game play) or your Action Replay is starting to go bad (those things aren't well built, and tend to break after a few months). You could have just entered the code wrong, too.

Years
  • Normally, if it says that you shouldn't use more codes at the same time, you really shouldn't do it.
    It will have knock on effects, and you seem to be experiencing it.

The only thing I can think of, is it is trying to do too many things, and getting confused, therefore confusing the game and not working.

Try only one code at a time. Don't forget, it can corrupt your game.
    Be careful.

Back