• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC's WiFi Tag Team Tournament

Denzer

Why so serious?
Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2013
    Approved by Color Me Evil

Are you tired of standard tournaments with one person versus another? Do you think you'll do better with help? Well look no further cause PC's WiFi Tag Team Tournament is here!

This tournament is designed for 3 battlers to form a team and take on another team. Then it is a best 2 out of 3 game. The first team to get 2 wins will advance.
    Interesting right? Well join now! ^_^. To join, simply find 2 other battlers who are willing to team up with your team and take on this tournament!
    Now to make this tournament a bit more interesting you will be allowed to battle against your opponent from the other team on ANY tier. This is only valid by posting here, confirming what tier you will battle, and battling then confirming the results here. However you BOTH have to be aware of what tier.
    Rules
    1. No making double accounts with multiple games and pretending to be a different person. Anyone breaking this rule will be banned from forever joining this tournament.

2. You must have either Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum, with WiFi capabilities to enter.

3. You must have a team of six Pokemon for OU, not including the following:
    Mewtwo, Mew, Wynaut, Wobbuffet, Lugia, Ho-oh, Latios, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Deoxys, Garchomp, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Manaphy, Sky Forme Shaymin, Darkrai, Arceus
    Note: Latias is allowed, but not with the Soul Dew Item.

4. All basic clauses will be in effect. That's Sleep, Evasion, OHKO, Hax Item, and Species Clauses:

Sleep Clause: No two Pokemon of the same side should be asleep at the same time. Exceptions being Rest, and "no other choice" situations(ie. Effect Spore ability, or getting Encored on Hypnosis). Also of note is that while allowed in the singles, the use of Dark Void in a doubles match is not.

Evasion Clause: No use of moves that alter the ability to hit with attacks. This includes Flash, Double Team, & Sand-Attack. This does not include Acupressure and Metronome, which could randomly increase evasiveness.

OHKO Clause: No using Guillotine, Horn Drill, Fissure, or Sheer Cold. Destiny Bond and Perish Song are allowed, however.

Hax Item Clause: No using hold items that rely on luck. Hax Items include Lax Incense, King's Rock, Brightpowder, Razor Claw, Scope Lens, and Quick Claw.

Species Clause: No two Pokemon of the same species on the same team. This does not apply to those in the same evolutionary line(ie. you can't have two Alakazam, but you can have an Alakazam and a Kadabra).

5. Since all WiFi battles allow you to choose Pokemon levels, all battles should be held at level 50 or 100, to allow even-footing. Battles will also be Single, not Double.

6. Another set day, a DQ time as we like to call it, will be given, and I'd ask all results to be posted here before this time. The DQ time will be two weeks for each round, beginning and ending on a Saturday. Note that winning your battle while failing to notify me within the DQ time will still result in your DQ.

7. This before-mentioned process will repeat until we have one person left! This person will be declared the winner, and will have their name at the top of this post for all eternity! Also, they will recieve prizes as listed below.

8. If you turn out to be a no-show, not only will you not be able to receive any benefits(ie. being the candidate for the free round), but you will have to participate in a preliminary match the next time you enter the tournament. This shall include no-shows from previous rounds, with the winners moving on to Round One. Note the fact that if someone who withdraws from the tournament will not be considered a no-show.

9. If you change your username or account, please notify me ASAP.

10. Please respect your fellow battlers. That means no flaming or spamming, or insulting your opponents. We are supposed to have fun here, so don't go ruining it for everyone else. Any member found practicing bad sportsmanship will be dealt with accordingly.

11. Now, the rules I must add, and that I hope will never have to be enforced:

If two people finish a battle with conflicting stories, BOTH will be disqualified. Furthermore, if later on the identity of the untruthful individual is found out, he or she will be banned from all future tournaments. This includes those who disconnect intentionally and lie about it.

Furthermore, if it is found out that a battler has been using hacked Pokemon, he or she will be banned from all future tournaments. This is in addition to any action the forum staff may take.

Credits to these rules goes to Alakazam17.

Prizes

The prizes for the winners are 2 Pokes from my shop as well as any good donations from donators, which will gladly be accepted.

If anyone donates to this tournament, they will be allowed to skip the 1st round of the next tournament along with all their teammates.

How to sign up?

Want to sign up? Then just find 2 teammates! Can't find one? Post here and I will put you under the Free Agents List for other members to find teammates or you to find other people!

Already got a team? Make a name for it! It's easier to pair up you guys and to figure out who battles who.

Teams Registered

1. Team Lulz
    Junoliv
    Dewey
    Baller237

2. Team Demolition
    Syndrome
    Jake™
    The Graceful Assassin

3. Team Kickass
    Super Luigi
    Richard Lynch
    ɐʞoo

4. Team Falcon Pawwnch
    kazzak
    rilari82
    altaria221

5. Team Infernal Flame!
    Jas_66
    richdevildog559
    Flyingtacos

6. Team Kyougeki Jimu Buntai
    Reiten
    Ito_Igami
    Maria Santos

7. Team Oh Canada
    Alakazam17
    _Prince_
    Xairmo

8. Team Slowshadowhearts!
    ~*Fireheart*~
    Slowpokez
    BlueShadow

9. Team Salvation
    Nilojan
    super onii chan
    Mukkamoto

10. Team Pioneer
    RAcastBlaster
    Greene1516
    Sketchies

11. The Elite 3
    Volkner's Apprentice
    Aurafire
    POKEMASTERALEX

12. Team BUTTPIRATES
    Guenhwyvar
    Voice of the Voiceless
    Trainer Kat

13. The Soulless
    oilrulz_747
    Tsukimaru
    natedogg

14. Tyran Shellos
    Akatsuki no Tenshi
    Cera
    zZzMariozZz

15. Kage's Deathcore Pownage team
    Atomic Sharks
    leecher
    Master Krillin

16. Team Darksun
    animeFTW
    talesfan1
    tmoney012

Round 1 Pairings!

Team Buttpirates vs. Kage's Deathcore Pownage Team
    Voice of the Voiceless vs Replacement needed.
    Guenhwyvar vs leecher
    Trainer Kat vs Master Krillin

The Soulless vs. Team Falcon Pawwnch
    Tsukimaru vs rilari82
    natedogg vs kazzak
    oilrulz_747 vs altaria221

The Elite 3 vs. Team Slowshadowhearts
    Volkner's Apprentice vs BlueShadow
    Aurafire vs banned member
    POKEMASTERALEX vs ~*Fireheart*~

Team Pioneer vs. Team Salvation
    RAcastBlaster vs Nilojan
    Greene1516 vs Mukkamoto
    Sketchies vs super onii chan

Team Kyougeti Jimu Buntai vs. Team Infernal Flame!
    Reiten vs Flyingtacos
    Ito_Igami vs Jas_66
    Maria Santos vs richdevildog559

Team Oh Canada vs. Tyran Shellos
    Alakazam17 vs Cera
    _Prince_ vs Akatsuki no Tenshi
    Xairmo vs zZzMariozZz

Team Demolition vs. Team Kickass!
    Syndrome vs Richard Lynch
    Jake™ vs Super Luigi
    The Graceful Assassin vs ɐʞoo

Team Lulz vs. Team Darksun
    Junoliv vs animeFTW
    Dewey vs talesfan1
    Baller237 vs tmoney012

Good luck to all! PMs will be sent tomorrow! Deadline for this round is July 19, 2009!
    Any questions PM me!

Free Agents
    Jimmyray
    ezekiel112
    torcoal
    Empoleon69
    chrisfinney24
    torchic owns:)
    dude2207

Have fun! I will be updating this daily to add members and occasionally, rules. If you have more questions, PM or VM me. I'll gladly answer them.

Here I will add some questions that have been asked.

How many teams are you accepting overall?- By junoliv

From 12-16 teams is what we will cap at.

Hey Luigi, how does the battle format work? If we have 3 vs 3, do we each get paired with just one opposing team member and then best 2/3 wins, or do we battle all 3 of them and then one team wins like 9-0 or 7-2 or something?- By Volkner's Apprentice

I'll give you an example. Let's say I'm teamed up with yourself and Aurafire. Let's say we have to battle the team of Alakzam17, junoliv, and Ooka. We each battle one person. Let's say I win, Aura losses, then from here next winner 's team takes the win. Basically best 2 out of 3 with everyone battling 1 person once.

Last edited:

Junoliv

'Luv ur pokemon' how pathetic
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2021
    free agent as well for me. . if u want a team with me VM me. ;D

Denzer

Why so serious?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2013
    Added as well. If you would like to help the tournament, telling others to join would help.

Denzer

Why so serious?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2013
    Added as well. It's good to see people eager to join.

Junoliv

'Luv ur pokemon' how pathetic
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2021
    how many teams are u accepting overall

Denzer

Why so serious?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2013
    Actually there is not limit. Just like the PC WiFi Tournament, as many sign ups would be appreciated. So if we get 50 teams 0_0. We'll do 50 teams. If we get 10, we'll do 10 teams. Thanks for that question. Going to add it on the main thread to clarify it if anyone asks if again.

Jimmyray

Bish Bash Bosh
    Years
  • Could I please sign up as a free agent? Also, by OU team, I am still allowed to use BL or UU etc. right?

Denzer

Why so serious?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2013
    Yes, anything under that tier is also allowed. So NU would be allowed in UU.

FalconJoker

Joking with the Devil
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    Hey, so myself and ezekiel112 are gonna team up and if we're allowed 'nab' people off the free agents list, Mukkamoto, wanna join our team? :P

Denzer

Why so serious?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2013
    Yeah Joker. VM/PM them. That's what they are there for. When your done, confirm your team here. And yes, Ooka, Richard and myself will team up. What should our team be named Ooka?

FalconJoker

Joking with the Devil
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    Overpowerd. A little one-sided. Got three good battlers on that team XD Not saying you're unbeatable, just might be the team to beat ;)

Also, got my team. Myself, ezekiel112 and Mukkamoto. Team name will be uh.... All Out War XD

Denzer

Why so serious?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2013
    Just don't lose hope. Taking me down might be easy if you face me :P. And your the first team to be added. Congrats.

Back