• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project Orange Islands

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
  • I. Introduction:

Is it a pity that the anime-exclusive region Orange Archipelago has never appear in any existing pokemon video games? If so, you should definitely keep an eye on the project Orange Islands by Hall of Famer. POI(project orange islands) is a sister mapping project to PNK(project new kanto), as the maps in POI are made in the same style as PNK(thus the maps of POI are considerably expanded and even exaggerated). Both projects will be used in fan game Pkmn HOF after they are 100% completed. The project Orange Islands is based on the orange archipelago region in the anime, but it will have its difference. You may take a look at the world map from Bulbapedia to gain a better understanding of the geographical info of Orange Archipelago:

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/5/5a/Orange.jpg

II. Progress:
    Valencia Island - Completed
    Tangelo Island - Completed
    Mikan Island - Completed
    Mandarin Island North - Completed
    Sunburst Island - Completed
    Pinkan Island - 0%(need pink mountain and trees tiles)

III. Maps:

A. OW Maps:

Valencia Island:
    Spoiler:

Tangelo Island:
    Spoiler:

Mikan Island:
    Spoiler:

Mandarin Island North:
    Spoiler:

Sunburst Island:
    Spoiler:

B. Indoor Maps:

C. Cave/Dungeon Maps:

IV. Staff members:
    Hall of Famer - Project leader, OW mapper
    ~Red - Tile Artist

V. Credit list:
    Kyledove - Tilesets
    rhevarhe_duh - Tilesets
    Speed - Tilesets
    Alex - Tilesets
    Wesker - Tilesets
    Pio - Tilesets
    Aten974 - Tilesets
    Newtiteuf - Tilesets
    Venom 12 - Tilesets
    Wesley FG - Tilesets
    Jonny Chleevas - Tilesets
    ~Red- Tileset

VI. Help and Support:
    The userbar of POI will be available in a few days, and I'd appreciate it very much if you will put a userbar of POI in your signature to indicate that you are a supporter of this project. Custom tiles for Orange islands are badly needed at this moment. If you are interested in contributing to POI, please drop me a VM or PM so I can contact you in time. Thanks for reading this thread everyone, I hope you all like the project I am working on.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    Once again sorry for not getting many maps done.
    I have started working on some indoors and they should be done in a few days.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • Once again sorry for not getting many maps done.
    I have started working on some indoors and they should be done in a few days.

It's okay, hopefully you will be back on track soon.

It is beautiful.
    Maybe, I'll try to do something...

Thanks for the support dude, and we are glad to have you in the team!

Waaa!!! Those maps are amazing! Great Job... :)

Thank you very much. I will probably skip the Pinkan island map until I receive the pink mountain/trees tiles.

Last edited:

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
    Years
  • It's about ****ing the best region in history got some recognition. Are you going to use Fire/Ice/Lighting Island and that other island from the Power of One movie?

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • LOL I like how Ivy's lab has "IVY" on it. XD Nice.

lol yeah, the new Prof. Oak's lab will have the letters "OAK" on it too.

It's about ****ing the best region in history got some recognition. Are you going to use Fire/Ice/Lighting Island and that other island from the Power of One movie?

Definitely yes, but the Shamouti islands featured in the pokemon movie will not be explorable until the main quests of orange islands are completed.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    First day's work!

Here is today's work of maps
    I plan to do two a day but, I had some extra time.

View attachment 48078

There are some obvious tile errors but, I can't find the tiles to fix them.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • Nice job Ty101. Did you receive the indoor tiles of PNK/POI? If so, would you please add more tiles to the blank spaces? BTW, would you please make a larger version of Pokecenter using D/P tiles? The PCs at Valencia island and Mandarin island north will be slightly bigger.

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
    Years
  • If you've already got tiles, I think that I could do some mapping for you, if you still need help with that.

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    I don't have time today but, I will change it tomorrow.
    (If time allows.)

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
  • I've no experience of any game development, but this looks absolutely fantastic.

If you're going to be doing the islands from the second movie, I have screencapped a lot of the movie, and you're welcome to it if that would help you in any way. (If so, you may want to PM me, since I don't check back on threads a lot).

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • Ty101 has left this project, so I will be working on the maps alone(with ~Red as the tile artist). The progress will be slower, and sorry if I disappoint some of you.

fireyboy345

Skilled Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2014
    Sorry to here of you losing one of your members but these maps are great. Remeber the tortise beat the hare....btw WOOT! WOOT! 100th post....bout time i have only been here since november of 07

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    Yeah sorry if I let anyone down.
    I just don't have much free time.

Back