• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen pokerus spreading?

mewtwo87

Sk8er
    Years
    How on FR or LG can I spread the pokerus that I acuired on Ruby? I tried battling with an infected pokemon in my party but it dont spread.

AdamHays

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2004
    what i did when i had pokerus in ruby was save with the infected pokemon in my party and the pokemon i wanted to have it also in my party then saved turned off, then on and the were infected.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Having an infected Pokemon in your party will transfer it to the tohers. It won't happen instantly though. Give it some time.

mewtwo87

Sk8er
    Years
    I already tried that too. This is kinda funny. I was just looking for an electabuzz and I must have used a phisical attack on a pokemon with static and got paralized without noticing. I checked my pokemon to see if any had pokerus and I saw something by the mark where it's supposed to be and almost fell out of my seat. then sat dissapionted realizing that my pokemon was just paralized and no pokerus.

I know this is in FR and LG but on pokemon colluseum I couldn't do this either, I dismissed the thought of that as "it must be a gamecube thing". So, I was thinking maybe it has something to do with the clock. Neither Colluseum nor FR and LG have clocks like in Ruby and Sapphire. It has been more than an hour of trying and it only took a few minutes on Ruby and Sapphire. Not that I can't just trade my pokemon over but it's inconvenient and it just bus me that it would lack that.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    If a Pokemon is infected, it should say PKRS by it's name in the lookup.

AdamHays

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2004
    yeah when you look at the info a little thing should show up below the picture and stuff.but PKRS only last for about five days,then the pokemon can never get infected again.

LilLatias

Name Switched to Kecleon_
    Years
    Also, when you heal your Pokemon at the Pokemon Center, the nurse should say something about tiny bugs on your Pokemon or something like that. Or at least she did on my Silver version. Just travel around with the infected Pokemon for a while, it spreds with time.

Doesn't the virus stay on the Pokemon if you deposit it in the PC? I don't remember.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Yes. If you leave it in the box, it'll have Pokerus as long as it's in the box. I think it can spread to others in the box as well, but I'm not so sure.

mewtwo87

Sk8er
    Years
    Yes, it does say PKRS in the corner. That is why I got all freaked out when I saw something there(refrance to story). I know that much but I can't get it to jump to any of my other pkemon.
    Now that you point it out, I did notice that the nurse never said anything about it after I traded it over or when I had one in my party. That may have something to do with the fact that I didn't trade directly with any version. I transferred it from Pokemon Box after I found the stones.

Also on Colluseum, I believe that since it doesn't keep track of time, you never lose pokerus even if the pokemon is in your party. I intend to find out if this is also true for FR and LG.

AdamHays

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2004
    yeah she says something about it in RU/SA,but she only says it once.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Well... it takes time. It will not happen instantly. If you keep it in the box, it'll not disappear. Hopefully, you will be able to spread it or something similar. But... like the old saying goes - patience is a virtue... and that's what you are going to need if you want a PokeRus' team. Good Luck. ^_^

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Keep in mind though, that PokeRus only doubles the amount of EVs you EARN, not HAVE. A few people have been thinking that they could bypass the 510 EV limit and have 1020 EVs instead through the use Of Pokerus because they thought it doubled the amount they had. ONLY THE EVS YOU GAIN IN A BATTLE.

If you've reached the 510 EV limit, Pokerus is useless for EV training and would only be good for spreading it to others that are still EV training.

JoWood

貴族のキケロ
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 27, 2012
    Is there a AR code for infecting a pokemon with pokerus. Yeah I thought you could bypass the limit too. It helps ultimately though in training.

Buying drugs and supplements for pokemon doesn't work as good as is. And breeding the pokerused pokemon will have great stats right up with the maximums.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Buying drugs and supplements for pokemon doesn't work as good as is. And breeding the pokerused pokemon will have great stats right up with the maximums.
    If you're thinking of breeding to pass on EVs, it won't work. EVs aren't passed on. Only the IVs are.

JoWood

貴族のキケロ
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 27, 2012
    Darn. Anyways Demon, have u heard of a pokerus code 4 LG/FR yet? I breeded pokemon that stays with pokerus until 50 is pretty good. I tried that on a Skarmory once.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Nope. Haven't seen a Pokerus code yet. You could use the Pokemon Calculator/Maker for FRLG to make a Pokemon with Pokerus though.

There's a link and short guide for it in the FRLG FAQ.

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2005
    Pokerus in LG/FR

After reading all of the messages here, I don't see any mention that anyone has actually spread pokerus on LG/FR. I also traded an infected (live infection) pokemon from Ruby to Fire Red. I battled with the infected pokemon but the virus did not spread to the other members of my party. Spreading the virus while battling was simple in Ruby. I figured I must be missing something, or else pokerus just won't spread on LG/FR. I moved my traded infected pokemon to a box on my Fire Red game for safekeeping until I heard something from someone who was able to spread the virus on LG/FR. Please let me know if you have actually been successful in spreading the virus on LG/FR. I did go to the day care with the infected pokemon in my party on Fire Red. The nurse did not mention it. I am very familiar with pokerus on Ruby and Sapphire. I had spent many hours battling wild pokemon. I had caught pokerus before I had ever heard about it. I only want to know if you have actually been successful in spreading the virus on LG/FR, or if you have read that someone else knows how to spread the virus on LG/FR.

Josh

Level 99 Black Belt
    Years
    If the PoKeRUS won't spread in LG and FR then why not trade the PoKeMON to Sapphire or Ruby first and then have it get the PoKeRUS on there and then trade it back to LG or FR and see if anything happens.

I'm going to do that once I get Leaf Green.

Back