• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GavZ Galleria

Years
Finally got it up and running Gav.
Nice to see it up :D
Ok, now down to the C&C! XD

Bridge: This picture seems a little random to me. It is a shame that it isn't a nice day. I think that it would be a nice picture if the sun was setting or the sky was a little more colourful. Maybe experiment with different times of the day?
The B&W is pretty standard. =]

Lake: Get a higher quality version of this picture up. I want to see it. It looks beautiful.

Field: Looks so beautiful and eery. I can imagine that photo looks amazing IRL.

Lake reflection: This looks real nice again. I think that it would be amazing if there was a little more colour. Maybe when the sky is blue and the reflection is a little more crisp.
When you get your DSLR working, go back and get a good quality picture of this =]

Waterfall: Lovely picture. The only shame is the shutter speed is a fraction too slow for the water. Near the bottom of the fall, the water is blurred and ruins it a bit for me. The light is near perfect for me. Just get that Shutter Speed increased! XD
Try between 100 - 165. Don't forget to increase the ISO to about 400 - 800.
Camera depending.

Stream: I think this picture could be so much better. It is blurred and the quality lets it down. Although I know what feel you are going for, it seems a little dull and dark to me.

Mountains: Beautiful. End off.

Sunset: Like you said, the quality lets it down. It could be beautiful, but it falls short :/

Branches: I love photos like this. The B&W effect makes it perfect. Love it!

Swan: Nice picture. Reflection is beautiful. Some things to note. Swan is off center, don't know if you were going for that, but I think it should be the center of the picture. Background trees are blurred. Not a big issue, but could have been better. Settings on your camera would eliminate this. I would give advice on what to use, but I don't know yours :/
Just ask me on MSN when you get it :D
ALSO. I love the bottom left hand of the picture, don't know why.

Flower: Nice close up. For me, the bottom of the flower is too bright and a little blurred. Try having a steady hand and decreasing the ISO a tad.

Roses: Have you PS'ed them? I think the picture would be beautiful enough with no editing. If not, then the focus is horrid =[

Flower version two: Nice flowers, I forget the name. There is too much light reflecting off from them. You can see the bright outline around the flower. It is a little too overpowering if you ask me. Try some different angles and ISO change.

Millions of flowers: Seems a little random and pointless too me :/

Basket of flowers: See above :/

Budda: I feel this picture is a little empty really. I know the Budda is the center of the picture, but try backing off a bit and having it, maybe, to the side of the picture. Only slightly. Experiment, nice pictures could come off this.

Purple Flower: well, the white is very bright and overpowering. For me, it needs to be darkened a little.

JUMP: Love it. I want to see a better quality picture of it please.

Beer: Random picture is random? Haha. Very modern of you! I like it.

Since Photography is my area, I shall leave it at that.
Hope these comments help you my friend!

Nice work ^_______^

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023

Bridge: This picture seems a little random to me. It is a shame that it isn't a nice day. I think that it would be a nice picture if the sun was setting or the sky was a little more colourful. Maybe experiment with different times of the day?
The B&W is pretty standard. =]

Ya i know what you are saying. It isn't great quality yet i hadn't any better angle. And it's Ireland we have no nice days XD. I'd put this in my bad pile

Lake: Get a higher quality version of this picture up. I want to see it. It looks beautiful.

Once i can get a scanner on my hands i shall =]

Field: Looks so beautiful and eery. I can imagine that photo looks amazing IRL.

Ya this is one of my favoured ones. I had a good camera and i was rather lucky!

Lake reflection: This looks real nice again. I think that it would be amazing if there was a little more colour. Maybe when the sky is blue and the reflection is a little more crisp.
When you get your DSLR working, go back and get a good quality picture of this =]

Ya i agree. It does lack colour but i had to make up for the uglyness of the day. The clouds were ugly grey and it had just been raining so i shot it in B&W

Waterfall: Lovely picture. The only shame is the shutter speed is a fraction too slow for the water. Near the bottom of the fall, the water is blurred and ruins it a bit for me. The light is near perfect for me. Just get that Shutter Speed increased! XD
Try between 100 - 165. Don't forget to increase the ISO to about 400 - 800.
Camera depending.

I would have if i had had a good camera. This was shot with a phone and i think this was the best of many shots. I'm quite dissapointed the water was lacking definition myself.

Stream: I think this picture could be so much better. It is blurred and the quality lets it down. Although I know what feel you are going for, it seems a little dull and dark to me.

Eeek ya it's quite LQ again a phone pic but i guess i kept it for concept

Mountains: Beautiful. End off.

To be honest i'm not so sure. While it is a beautifull sight, the picture could have been better but thank you =]

Sunset: Like you said, the quality lets it down. It could be beautiful, but it falls short :/

Yeah.. Unfortunately but i think i'll get it get it again. It is on my doorstep after all

Branches: I love photos like this. The B&W effect makes it perfect. Love it!

I hope to upload a better quality version!

Swan: Nice picture. Reflection is beautiful. Some things to note. Swan is off center, don't know if you were going for that, but I think it should be the center of the picture. Background trees are blurred. Not a big issue, but could have been better. Settings on your camera would eliminate this. I would give advice on what to use, but I don't know yours :/
Just ask me on MSN when you get it :D
ALSO. I love the bottom left hand of the picture, don't know why.

This shot.. I like it except for its offset. If i could go back i would take more time but with my slow shutter speed i rushed it as i didn't want to lose the swan XD

Flower: Nice close up. For me, the bottom of the flower is too bright and a little blurred. Try having a steady hand and decreasing the ISO a tad.

Hmm okay. I ha my setting on vivid there. Thats why i think.

Roses: Have you PS'ed them? I think the picture would be beautiful enough with no editing. If not, then the focus is horrid =[

I haven't. But i know i know it was my camera, i will shoot it again 2morrow :D

Flower version two: Nice flowers, I forget the name. There is too much light reflecting off from them. You can see the bright outline around the flower. It is a little too overpowering if you ask me. Try some different angles and ISO change.

Okay i defo need to work on lighting for brighter images

Millions of flowers: Seems a little random and pointless too me :/

Ya i kinda just did this for the colours. Not a good shot

Basket of flowers: See above :/

Same for this

Budda: I feel this picture is a little empty really. I know the Budda is the center of the picture, but try backing off a bit and having it, maybe, to the side of the picture. Only slightly. Experiment, nice pictures could come off this.

I shall =]

Purple Flower: well, the white is very bright and overpowering. For me, it needs to be darkened a little.

Ya as i say i must work on bright colours!

JUMP: Love it. I want to see a better quality picture of it please.

This is one of my favourite photos of mine i have to say =]

Beer: Random picture is random? Haha. Very modern of you! I like it.

Yes i was drinkin XDDD

Since Photography is my area, I shall leave it at that.
Hope these comments help you my friend!

Nice work ^_______^

Thank you so much Will! I will definately work on my stuff!
I think you deserve an award for that crit!
Anyways thank you. I will let you know how i progress!

<3

Years
Any time Gav.
As you know I love photography. XD

I might set up my own tomorrow. Depending on how bored I actually am ><'

Anything to help!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Okay 2 pics i never uploaded. One i like the other is a tad small
3903869117a6284383087l.jpg

This one is the small one =/

3903869117a5650696678l.jpg

This was taken in a graveyard though i kinda wish i took it more level

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Thank you. They would have been takenon my better camera which unfortunately is now bust.
I will scan them on when i get the chance so that their quality is show better =D
But cheers for that! They'd be my best work in my opinion.
As for you having to change your pants i'll take that as an obscure compliment xD

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Thank you. But the thing you don't realize is that jpeg is made for photography.
.PNG is for graphic art like sprites and banners and other such things.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Thank you =]
I love how only my photography is been complimented xD
Doesn't say much for my other art Lmao

Years
The flower on the gravel/rocks would be a good base to make icons off of.
The bridge is pretty murky looking, which is a good thing! I like it.
Oh & the waterfall is very nice too.
Your icons are very good as well ^^

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Thanks for the comments guys, much appreciated. I'll update when I'm not too busy.

engage'

a new horizon
Years
Thank you. But the thing you don't realize is that jpeg is made for photography.
.PNG is for graphic art like sprites and banners and other such things.

Not necessarily. I save my photographs in .png, unless I'm saving via Photoshop, because .jpg's are better quality through PS.

I really like your stuff, very creative. Would like to see more. :)

Angela

Aristocracy
Years
Wow those are some nice photos.. I love the lake photo.. And this one is really pretty.. :D

23072009140.jpg

Back