• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to make multiple instruments in a single midi track using anvil studio

being this is my first tut, was it helpful?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

3dd13

Leader of the Fallen
Years
this tutorial requires that 1 you are using anvil studio, and 2 that you know what you are doing.

this is ment for music hackers to where you can have multiple instruments without creating multiple tracks, thus saving space.

first open your midi in anvil studio. if you cannot do that, leave now XD
picture.php

you play the song till you get to the place you want the instrument change.
picture.php

next, you then go to edit, insert midi controller event.
picture.php

a box will pop up. check do not show this again, and click ok.
picture.php

now check the box that says show all events, and select program change.
picture.php

go to the box that says control value, and type in the number of the instrument - 1
picture.php

picture.php

[example, french horn is 61, but you will type in 60. then select OK. there you have it.]

there! you have now changed the track to support multiple instruments!
be sure to follow the instrument standards for your ROM, otherwise, it could turn into gbsynth, which you don't want...

after searching the internet and finding nothing, i finally opened a midi that had an instrument change, looked at the events list, and figured this out. I decided to post this finding as my first tutorial, but it seems Magnius beat me to it. o well, it was hard to find in his tutorial, so hopefully this edit should help.

Last edited:
Years
Firstly,
Did YOU make this or did you find a guide and improved it?If this is the case mention the credits.

Secondly,
Pics make a tut look good....

NoriakiZ

Rookie
Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2012
Did you update Anvil Studio or something, because it isn't working for me.

Magnius

Pokemon Music Hacking Guru
Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2014
i personally found this out myself. i did look on google, only to find that there is no tutorial, because anvil by default sees each track as having only 1 instrument. i opend a midi that had a trumpet playing in a flutes track, and went to the event list, to discover it was a program change event.
ill post pics soon.
Not true, look at part 2 of my music hacking, it documents this and more. And by not true I mean that, yes there was already a tutorial that documented this. Good info nontheless.

Back