• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Global Trade Station, Wi-Fi Plaza and Battle Frontier Confirmed

Q-Bone

Musician and Pixel Artist
    Years
    Serebii have confirmed that the Global Trade Station, Wi-Fi Plaza and Battle Frontier have returned in HeartGold and SoulSilver.

It has also been confirmed the Battle Frontier is located in Johto, and is exactly the same as Platinum's. It is unknown if the Frontier Brains will be the same.

For the full article, please refer to:
    https://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Mr.Silver

Say Hello To Nurse Barbra
    Years
    1 old news
    and
    2 its not Gonna be the exact same as platinums BF Concidering its in jhoto.If it is nintendo just got lazy.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    thank you for posting this- i hope the frontier brains change

Last edited:

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    This stuff is new, we knew the Battle Frontier was confirmed but we did not have pictures or did we know that The GTS or Wi-Fi Plaza was confirmed. Thank you for posting this.

Tyros

Professor Walnut: Shiny Expert
    Years
    Actually, it would make sense for them to be the same. I'm thinking they're planning on making it so that you can co-op challenge the Battle Frontier wirelessly, even if one person is using Diamond/Pearl/Platinum and the other person is using Heart Gold/Soul Silver.

Great new pictures!

- Tyros

Years
    I guess that's alright. A little taste in Platinum won't do that much harm.Though the GTS will be useful if you're wanting Johto regioned Pokemon onto Platinum.

Tyros

Professor Walnut: Shiny Expert
    Years
    Hmm? What d'you mean it might as well be Platinum all over again? I mean, just because some of the end-game stuff is gonna be the same so it can be compatible with Platinum, it doesn't mean every last bit of it's gonna be identical. We don't know everything that's gonna be coming, so... You know. n.n

- Tyros

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    Considering the entirety of that Battle Frontier was introduced in Platinum and not Diamond and Pearl, I feel its more acceptable for them to use the same one.

matoucs

Trainer
    Years
    oh no, i'm a little disapointted by the Battle Frontier... I was looking forward to new challenges, i've already beatten the Platinum BF. I doesn't matter, Gold and Silver were always my favorite back in the Game Boy days, these games will still be awesome !

Captain Riolu

Ace Detective
    Years
    I'm pretty sure it is the same for compatibility reasons. If someone were to get HG/SS, they might want to challenge the Battle Frontier with their Platinum buddy. So therefore if they were the same, they could battle. Now remember, the frontier brains could be different because you can't challenge them with multiple people, so for the single playing people out there that could be an added extra.

matoucs

Trainer
    Years
    Sure the Brains will be different, but the facilities being the same as in platinum is a little let down, coz well you have that in platinum. New facilities with new rules would have been awesome !

Captain Riolu

Ace Detective
    Years
    Yes, new things would be awesome, but Gamefreak has to consider everyone's feelings and come to a hard decision. People who haven't played Platinum would like a whack at the frontier, too. Maybe in the next game.........

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
    This stuff is new, we knew the Battle Frontier was confirmed but we did not have pictures or did we know that The GTS or Wi-Fi Plaza was confirmed. Thank you for posting this.

Think again, we DID know the GTS was confirmed, everyone did no matter how much they doubted it. Dude it's like if in a new 5th gen Pokemon game they go back to the GBA.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    Think again, we DID know the GTS was confirmed, everyone did no matter how much they doubted it. Dude it's like if in a new 5th gen Pokemon game they go back to the GBA.

Um that my friend, made no sense.

And probable speculation is different from total confirmation.

I'm kind of dissapointed that it's the same frontier, but I didn't imagine myself playing Platinum too much after the release of HG/SS anyways, so I'll live. Of course they could still mix up the rewards and shops as well as the Brains.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    All of this was a good idea in my opinion. It makes Platinum less important to me though.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
    I think it's smart to keep the Frontier the same as Platinum, therefore those will Platinum can team up with HGSS users over wi-fi to do the frontier. If that's the case, I wonder will Poffin making be back...

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2009
    Poffin makng won't be back what would they be used for?
    As for the bf if they had added 1 new facility I would be satiticefied, mabey something like the battle piramid exept no wild pokenom and it's a maze, but you could still see the whole screen insted of your veiwing area got bigger the farther you got.

Back