• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you think Game Freak take in ideas for new Pokémon from their fans?

Do you think Game Freak take in ideas for new Pokémon from their fans?

• Yes

Votes: 17 51.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 48.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
Years
  • The title was supposed to say Do you think SHOULD Game Freak take in ideas for new Pokémon from their fans?
    Sorry 'bout the typo.. XD

Now, most of us crazy and die-hard Pokémon fans know that the Pokémon creators are running out of ideas for the Pokémon in the game. Sooo, you think they should run a contest or something? I have heard that shaymin was actually fan-made, but I'm not sure. Does anyone know?

I'm an OK-Fakemon maker for my game, and I actually want to send my fakes to them, but I don't bother because I know that they will likely have like, 1 million messages and won't see it. And if they did, it would be something small to them, considering they have designers for a reason.
    So, what do ya think? Should they? I think so, but I sound so simple-minded to myself saying so.

Please don't start fights, this is an opinion topic, so please, respect that. :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    I think that they should have an email address that you can send ideas to, because then you could send in ideas and they could decide whether or not to use them.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    There would be so many entrants that any really good ideas would be lost amongst a torrent of crap. So no, realistically I don't think that there is any way they really could.

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
    Years
  • they could by using a syetematic choosing system or something. Eventually they'd come accross one that's not part of this "torrent of crap."

you could think that, but it's not like everyon is perfect at everything.

scyfer

Veteran Trainer
    Years
  • yes but then there would be too many problems, like suings would be involves in some cases, and a lot of problems would arise from taking idea from other people

Years
  • They're just like all big companies, they dont care what the consumers think, and just do what they think is best.

And they don't care how much you like the game, they care how many people buy it.

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
    Years
  • yes but then there would be too many problems, like suings would be involves in some cases, and a lot of problems would arise from taking idea from other people

You've got a point there. I didn't think of that for some reason.

They're just like all big companies, they dont care what the consumers think, and just do what they think is best.

And they don't care how much you like the game, they care how many people buy it.

True. And they do have designers, so yah.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • It worked with the earlier Megaman games, why not pokemon?

Of course, there are fewer Robot Masters in the average Megaman game than there are new pokemon in each generation...>_<

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    They're just like all big companies, they dont care what the consumers think, and just do what they think is best.

Utter rubbish. Of course they care what the customers think. If the customers don't like it, they don't make nearly as much money.

And nobody will buy a game if it's utter cack. Seriously, think through what you're saying before you say it.

Years
  • Yes, but people buy the games now. And they will keep buying them. There is no reason for them to waste their time listening to fans to find out exactly what they want. It's not about the fans, it's about the money.

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
    Years
  • Yes, but people buy the games now. And they will keep buying them. There is no reason for them to waste their time listening to fans to find out exactly what they want. It's not about the fans, it's about the money.

Ok, skeddles. I suggest you back off before we start a fight. They really are doing it for the money, but Charmageddon was right when he said "If the customers don't like it, they don't make nearly as much money. "

But if your going to fight about it, I suggest you just leave now. I don't want a fight breaking out. It's kinda annoying(and i've gotten in one before, so..)

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Wishful thinking, really.

They've known for years how to please us without having to go to such measures like taking ideas from fans.

But they have taken ideas before, like the contest that resulted in Meteoric Swarm(Dubbed "Draco Meteor" in English). Even then, that was exclusive to Japanese audiences and there was only one winner.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • Ok, skeddles. I suggest you back off before we start a fight. They really are doing it for the money, but Charmageddon was right when he said "If the customers don't like it, they don't make nearly as much money. "

But if your going to fight about it, I suggest you just leave now. I don't want a fight breaking out. It's kinda annoying(and i've gotten in one before, so..)

if your going to fight over someones opinion then I think thats a stupid idea really. But I kinda agree with Skeddles some compaines are like that xD. But I think if they really did list to fans, most fans would want to journey to 2 regions in each game instead of just one

:t354:TG

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    A lot of fake Pokemon that I've seen always have a small hint of, well, "fake-ness"
    Somehow, the GameFreak/Creatures Inc. Pokemon seem to stick with you more, and have a "professional" feel to them

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    I think that they should have at least one generation that is completely made of fan-made pokemon. I think it would be really cool and fun. Of course, they get to pick which ones to put in. They should also make a remake of Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, because they have remade red, green, and blue into Leaf Green and Fire Red, and they've remade Gold and Silver into Heart gold and Soul silver. So why not Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald?

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • Definitely not. They're good enough at coming up with ideas on their own and don't need waves of emails that say: "OMG U SHUD SO INCLEEWD A CAR TO REPLAIS TEH BYK" and "GET RID OF HMs PLZ GIVE US SURFBORD AND WINGS INSTED".

Ok, skeddles. I suggest you back off before we start a fight.
    I lol'd.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Now, most of us crazy and die-hard Pokémon fans know that the Pokémon creators are running out of ideas
    Ha ha ha ha no they aren't. Really, they aren't.

Even if they were running out of ideas, I doubt they'd just open the gates to a flood of fan-submitted ideas- yes, there's some gems out there, but most Fakemon, I'm sorry to say, aren't really that good. Maybe they could start having contests for people to submit their own Pokemon ideas, like with the contest that resulted in Draco Meteor, but it's really not necessary now, and I doubt it will be for quite a while.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2013
    Now, most of us crazy and die-hard Pokémon fans know that the Pokémon creators are running out of ideas for the Pokémon in the game.

No, they aren't running out of ideas.

And no, Game Freak has plenty of designers (professionals) they employ to create the Pokemon we have. If they were to ever run out of ideas (which I HIGHLY doubt) they'd just hire new designers with different ideas. I'd say GF has done a pretty good job with each Generation they've released.

Plus, supposedly there are tons of Pokemon designed already that just haven't been put into a game yet. There's no telling how many Pokemon they've made that they are just holding onto until they decide the time is right to use them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back