• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are the best settings for DesmuME???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    It runs slow for me no matter what! Everytime I start a game I can't get above 40 FPS when the game starts, every Pokemon game I try goes very slow. I see other people with it running normal speed, HOW???

No$GBA runs great, I'm trying to do the same with DesmuME now

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    click 3d settings on one of the tool menu things. then click the drop down and select softrasteriser. that helps a little bit.

hoone

Anyone over 20? Dang.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2009
    Desume only uses one CPU, no$gba uses multiple.
    I'm going to take a wild guess and you are running on 2.0's Ghz Duo PC? that means with desume you are running on a 2.0's Ghz computer (which is too slow to run any game except phoenix wright)

Possible Solution:
    if you get 75% (40 FPS), change frame skip to 2~4
    50% (30 FPS) 4~5 and so on
    No it will not run smoothly but it will run in game time.

Alternatively, if you have an old PC with 3.0+Ghz non-duo/quad, play on that.

Superkid11

Covered in Shroomish
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 2, 2016
    Yeah, I don't see why you're trying to get it working with Desmume. Desmume isn't really ready for it yet.

The only thing I can think of is you don't like No$GBA's apparently bad colors. Go into Emulation Setup and change GBA Mode to VGA (poppy bright) and Solar Sensor Level to Bright Sunlight. I don't know which of these actually does it, but it fixes the colors right up.

Maxzeroedge

Ready for simply anything
    Years
  • Well one thing can be its size....
    When I tried it on my PC earlier it was of normal size (half screen length) and the game ran smoothly (and that's why I love it). But then my friend cam and he increased the size and I found that the game ran a bit slower.......So.......u got my point eh?

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014
    Dudes the reason why people play with DesMume is because the window can actually be resized. I don't see why this feature is still missing from No$GBA. It's actually ridiculous that you can't resize the window. And not everyone wants to change their resolution every time they play Pokemon. I play Pokemon while watching a movie on the same screen so I'd like to leave my resolution normal. :/

Chaos Uxie

Spreading Chaos....
    Years
  • Dudes the reason why people play with DesMume is because the window can actually be resized. I don't see why this feature is still missing from No$GBA. It's actually ridiculous that you can't resize the window. And not everyone wants to change their resolution every time they play Pokemon. I play Pokemon while watching a movie on the same screen so I'd like to leave my resolution normal. :/
    u are wrong if u think people play with DesMume is because the window can actually be resized???thats not true since Desmume has lot of features that no$gba does not have for example the save type is accurate as the real ds,able to make own cheats.debugger funtions,microphone,hotkeys,movie recording,screens,gba slot, etc.the only thing desmume is down is because it is slow in 3d renderung but that can fixed with manual frameskip:) which desmume0.9.4 is better then no$gba since martin is now dead and there wont be any new release of no$gba

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    it isn't better than No$GBA because slow computers can't run DesMuMe but they can run No$GBA

faospark

web Developer
    Years
  • since martin is now dead and there wont be any new release of no$gba
    Is he really gone? I dont think he is dead I think he just gave up and practically left his own project. Unlike Yop Yop , the original creator desmume,whom had the magnanimity to release the source and desmume and let other people work on it

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2013
    Yeah, I don't see why you're trying to get it working with Desmume. Desmume isn't really ready for it yet.

The only thing I can think of is you don't like No$GBA's apparently bad colors. Go into Emulation Setup and change GBA Mode to VGA (poppy bright) and Solar Sensor Level to Bright Sunlight. I don't know which of these actually does it, but it fixes the colors right up.

Thanks for sharing information.. I know thread is bit old but I am facing similar problem and now I will be able to solve it out.....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back