• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

UberLoser Enters the Scene

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2010
    I'm new, I suppose. New to this forum, not new to this planet, or the world of Pokemon, or new to much of anything.

I love Pokemon, it consumes 1/7th of my life. I remember playing it in the school yard as a seven year old child, trading mon with my peers through the game link cable. My earlist Pokemon memory was seeing the advertisment for Red and Blue on the back of a magazine. "Mom, please buy me poke-mon!" (Having been a child, and never hearing the word before, I pronounced it as 'poke', as in what you do with a stick and a hobo corpse found floating down the creek behind your neighborhood)

Later, in middle school, I would take a fake text book, carve a hole in the text, and hide my indigo GBA within the pages. I was caught only twice, once when I beat the Elite Four and another time when I caught Rayquaza. It's easy to hide the game, yet hard to hide "F*** YEA!" after each victory. I continue, to this day, to play my DS in class. Just the other day, I was called to the office while in the middle of the tag battle with Lance in my Heart Gold game. (No, I wasn't caught, I was called for an unrelated matter)

As you can see, I enjoy Pokemon very much. Much more then I do reality. Currently, aside from my art, and very few select persons in my life, Pokemon is my greatest passion.

I joined this community for two main reasons.
    1~ To gain a better understanding of the world of Pokemon, through discussion of the game and franchise with other trainers.
    2~ My friend and I wish create a Pokemon game, yet have little to no experiance in programing. I do not intend to ask people to make it for me. Instead, I came here to learn. To start simple and get a little or as much help as I possibly can to learn how to program my ultimate fan game!

I'm somewhat excited to start my journey on this forum. I look forward to meeting you all. Since this is an introduction thread, feel free to ask me any questions you would like. Nearly nothing is taboo for open discussion for me~

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • w00t !
    Hello ! Looks like you are actually Posting more since u ojined in May but only now you got active...
    Well , have fun , and do wut you want w/ rule limitation ! !

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I can only say one word for ya: AWESOME!
    You really seem to be a BIG fan doing all that stuff at school! XD I thought of myself as a big fan but I never played any game at school. O_o

Even though I don't know much about all the programming stuff, I am sure that there are many members here who may help ya for it. ;)
    (I think that the people from the game development forums may help you for the accomplishment of your goal. You can also take a look at the rom hacking forums if you are interested in making rom hacks.)

So, welcome to the pokecommunity forums! Read the rules and FAQ, Make friends, accomplish your goal and have fun! XD

Back