• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Darkness (PG-13/R)

Trainer_Trevor

Fan Fiction Writer
    Years
    Okay well I have been absent from the Fan Fiction scene for a while so I figured I would try my hand at it again. It's sort of a horror story that I have going on, it's going to be complicated, and the only way to figure out what happens is to read. I'm not even enitirely sure of what is going to happen, I have small ideas even after this prologue.

Without further ado...

Darkness
    A New Horror/Mystery/Sci-Fi Story From Legend of Lucario (My Serebii Name)
    Prologue: Agony

Karen could only imagine that what she had discovered was fantasy. On her back, she was stared down by an orange and green creature with piercing yellow eyes. It stuck out two long tentacles and waved them clumsily at her. Karen moved a lock of her brown hair out of her face and slowly crawled away.

Agony

An intense pain shot through her leg as she tried to scoot away. Her eyes were closed tight and she bit her lip trying to numb the pain a little. Her white outfit was splattered with the crimson blood of her colleague, her friend, her lover.

"Why do you want to hurt me?" Karen asked in a sigh of pain.

The creature continued to give her a blank stare, waving it's tentacles. Karen looked at the Pokemon again, it's tentacles began to tighten up and draw closer to the body. The Pokemon began to raise them over it's head.

The being was ready to attack.

Karen tried to move as fast as possible. It was all insane. Why does this Pokemon want to attack? Why is this Pokemon's heart full of evil? What happened to make it this way?

The tentacles struck.

White.

Silence.

Death.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~
    A Few Days Before

"We have just received news of a strange Pokemon citing near the Spear Pillar." The news anchor broke the silence in Karen's pod. She turned her head to catch a glimpse of the story.

"It seems that this Pokemon is orange and green," a bald guy explained on the television screen, "eye witnesses say that this Pokemon has come from the sky, or out of space."

Insteresting Karen thought to herself.

"Hey babe," a deep voice called.
    Karen hurriedly turned her face back to the computer screen to seem busy. A tall man with buzzed brown hair walked in and put his muscular arms around her thin torso.

"So did you find anything yet?" He asked.

"No," she replied with a frown, "it seems that the evolution studies are classified."

"Damn it."

"That's what I said."

"Did you see anything else that we could focus study on, since we can't retrieve any information on how Pokemon evolve?" The man sighed.

"I just saw a report on TV," Karen explained. "There is an unidentified Pokemon near the Spear Pillar, or that's where they're saying it is, and the people who have seen it are reporting that it is from space."

"Interesting."

"That's what I said."

The man stood up and paced back and forth inside the dark room. The light from the television and the computer screen gave the dull floor some light, but that being the only thing.

"What should be do, Barry?" Karen posed a question.

"We should probably set a mission to go up there." Barry told her.

"I'll set up a team then."

"Excellent."

Karen turned around to the computer. She moved her hair out of her green eyes and then began to type onto her computer. After several minutes, she had a memo typed up on the screen to be sent to the colleagues of the lab.

The memo read:

Dear Colleagues,
    There are reports of an unidentified Pokemon near the Spear Pillar. Eye witnesses said that this Pokemon is from space, or they have spotted this Pokemon coming through the atmosphere.

The reason I am writing this is, is because your commander, Barry, would like to set up a excavation team to go scope out the Spear Pillar. If discovering any traces of this creature, we will need to bring it back to analyze, and then go about naming the Pokemon, seeing how many there really, are and breeding patterns.

Thank you for the cooperation and we will need to meet and 5:00 PM to pick the team, which will be lead by myself and Barry.
    Karen

Karen finished typing the letter and then clicked a few buttons to send it to all of the people who work under Barry. She then logged off of her computer and walked across the room to lay on a small, gray bed. She laid her head on a pillow the same dull color of the bed and closed her eyes.

Maybe this is it. Karen brainstormed. If there is any trace of this Pokemon, we will strike it big, and I mean BIG! Hopefully we find the actual Pokemon itself! The only thing is we need DNA. How are we going to obtain DNA from this Pokemon without frightening it, what if it attacks?

Karen then cleared her head and then began to nap.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~~~~*** ~~~~~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~~
    "Everyone be seated!" Barry commanded with a stern voice. He tucked his bulky hands into the pockets of his jet black pants and stared out at the crowd.

"For this mission we need some of our best members." Karen said walking up to the podium that Barry had set up.

Eye of many colors stared at the two as they began to pick names. Karen opened up a small, green folder. The two began to go through the names and highlighted the ones that were best. The crowd sat with their hands clenched tight together, some biting their lips and some tapping their foot on the hard ground. For another couple of minutes, Karen and Barry looked through the list.

"Okay!" Barry shouted.

"We have our crew." Karen smiled.

"First off, we would like to say that Brian will be the leader underneath Karen and I." Barry explained.

Brian's figure loosened up in relief. A small smile found it's way onto Brian's face. His fists unclenched and he let out a small sigh of happiness.

"Next up is Missy." Karen said.

Missy then pulled her hands in and let out a deep breath, like Brian. She slid down in her tiny seat and uncrossed her thin legs. She put her manicured hands in her lap, one on top of the other.

"Taylor!"

Taylor's face turned white as the snow in December. She brought her hands in closer to her stomach and began to frown. She looked over at the other members of the crew who seemed excited. She opened her brown eyes wide and bit her lip, hard.
    After called a couple more names out, they were at eight members. Barry adjourned the meeting and kept all the members of the team. They all stood in a semi-circle in the middle of the concrete floor. Karen stood in front of the team and looked over her list.

"Brian." She began. "You will be leader underneath Barry and I, and you will also be in charge of the diary and recording events."

"Melissa, you will be in charge of equipment, that's keeping it organized and making sure that it works."

"Taylor, you will be in charge of all the data that is collected on this trip."

The team was all assigned jobs and they were sent home to pack. Karen went back into her pod and fell back down onto her bed. She stared up at the ceiling, like she had hours before.

This is really going to work!

A small yellow rodent crawled onto the bed and laid down beside her. Karen looked down and scratched the little Pokemon on the head. It's yellow and black ears twitched in comfort.

"You're such a good little Pikachu." Karen said. "We are going to go on a mission soon."

"Pika." Pikachu cheered, really not having much of a clue on what a mission was anyways. It's not like the tiny Pokemon ever went with them anyways.
    Barry entered into Karen's pod and pressed his lips against hers. Karen loosened up her muscles and grabbed his face.

"You are an excellent kisser." Karen smiled.

"Yeah well I can do more than that." Barry said confidently.

"We won't get to do much of that over on the Spear Pillar."

"I know."

Barry smiled at Karen and then left her pod. He waved goodnight to her and Karen covered herself up and drifted off to sleep again.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~
    Right before the attack

"There it is!" Barry whispered with excitement.

He began to scoot closer, with his big brown boots scraping against the rocky setting of the Spear Pillar. He tried to move as quietly as he could, not to startle the Pokemon.

"Shhh!" Karen made the sound to Barry.

"I'm trying!"

Karen began to follow in suit of Barry. She looked directly at the strange Pokemon. It had it's back turned to the two humans. It didn't hear them.

Things were going great.

Barry came up a few feet away and then stopped. Karen stood behind Barry and stared in amazement. Brian, Missy, and Taylor slowly crept up behind Karen and stared in awe. Their eyes were wide open in amazement, and a little out of fear.

"So…close…" Barry remarked.

The Pokemon's ears twitched. It slowly turned around and stared at Barry with bright yellow eyes.

"We've been noticed!" Barry exclaimed with his blue eyes wide open.

<LEAVE>

"What?" Karen asked. "The Pokemon can understand us?"

<LEAVE!>

"We better get out of here!" Taylor, the nervous one said frightened.

"We need evidence of the Pokemon," Karen started, "as well as some DNA to figure out it's mating type and everything!"

"I'm leaving!" Taylor began to back down. She pushed her way down the broken up floor of the Spear Pillar.

The newly discovered Pokemon let loose of it's tentacles which shot out behind it to grab the escaping human. It wrapped the tentacles around Taylor's arms and flung her against the wall furthest away from them. Taylor's brown eyes opened wide, her mouth dropped.

Blood.

Her body slowly slid down the wall and slumped over. The metallic blood smeared against the wall as the corpse slid down, making the scratchy noise up against the rock.

"Oh my God!" Karen whispered in fear.

"LET'S GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!" The other members began to shout as they ran to escape.

The Pokemon then reached out of the other two as they ran. Missy was ahead of Brian and was sliding faster down the rocky structure of the Spear Pillar. The tentacles wrapped around Brian and threw him against a sharp rock. A huge hole was ripped into his stomach. Blood gushed out of the wound. Brian's eyes slowly closed and his mouth slowly opened a lot like Taylor's.

This time the creature turned around and stared Karen and Barry down.

No emotion.

The Pokemon reached out for Karen. Karen turned her head away and crouched down
    out of fear. The tentacles tightened up and descended from the being's body.

"NO!" Barry shouted.

He jumped on top of Karen. The tentacles wrapped around Barry's legs. He was slowly lifted off of Karen and into the air. Barry's eyes were shut tight and he began to scream. Karen couldn't move. She was too scared. The powerful tentacles then slammed Barry on top of Karen's legs. Barry's snapped to the right, facing Karen. Blood trickled out of his mouth. His eyes rolled in behind his head revealing nothing but white with tiny red veins running around in different directions.

Karen screamed.

Last edited:

Trainer_Trevor

Fan Fiction Writer
    Years
    Okay so Chapter One is coming sooner. I'm comfortable with the proof-reading part. I'm not happy at the length however, I wanted to make it longer, but the next part that I am going to write doesn't seem to fit into chapter one.
    This chapter is uneventful but it's still got some important stuff in it I feel. I might even re-write this later, but that's because I always feel like I am lacking detail...but I'll let you reviewers decide that. I'm also displeased that I can release this earlier, I still don't know what this feels like it's lacking but hey, maybe I'm just being silly.
    Chapter One
    Rain began to fall on top of black hats as they, with their owners, stood around four wooden caskets. A woman with straight, blonde hair stood in front of everyone with her head down.

The clouds were a light gray and filled the sky completely, not a piece of the blue, pleasant sky was visible. Large trees towered over the group of people who were mourning those inside the caskets. Their names were engraved on each of them. Taylor, Brian, Karen, Barry.

"Well," a pastor in a black suit breathed, "that's the end of the service, you all may return to your homes."

The pastor then stepped down from a small wooden platform and walked away to his vehicle. A large group of people then followed him out. The woman with blonde hair continued to stand there. She looked up and pushed her hair out of her face. Tears had filled her hazel eyes.

Why did I have to make it? She thought Should I be with them? Am I somewhat responsible? What's going to become of this Pokemon? Is it going to go away? What can I do?

"Missy," a deep, masculine voice called.

Missy turned around and looked into the man's face. He stepped close to her and wrapped his large arms around her small figure. She rested her head in his chest and began to cry a little. The man looked down and wiped the tears out of her eyes with his finger.

"Let's go home." He sort of smiled, wiping a piece of jet black hair out of his face. He grabbed Missy's hand and they began to walk. Missy turned her head and stared back at the caskets. They slowly became smaller and faded out of her view as the couple headed for their vehicle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~~~~~*** ~~~~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~
    That night

<Those creatures?>

The beast looked out into the night sky from the top of the pillar. It's yellow eyes stared into the stars that lit the purple sky.

<What were they?>

The Pokemon then closed it's eyes and turned around, facing the inside of the pillar. After it opened it's eyes again, it observed the setting. There was blood splattered everywhere, from the floor to the stone walls. Small pieces of gravel covered the ground. Judging by the cracks in
    the walls, the orange and green animal could tell the structure was rather old.

<Did they want something with me?>

The creature clasped it's hands together in the front of it. It closed it's eyes again, turned around and then walked to the edge, and began to admire the stars again.

<They acted as if I was strange, they wanted…samples?>

The Pokemon then looked down at the sand that was far below it. The blue ocean water foamed on the edge, leaving the cream colored sand a light brown. The waves made a calming sound. The being closed it's eyes in relaxation.

<They didn't even know who I was. Why is that? They don't know Deoxys. Not even a legend? I've been here many times.>

Deoxys then sat down and crossed it's stub like legs.

<I should study them. Instead of creating this blood bath, I should have tried to understand them.>

Deoxys turned it's head and stared at the blood that was left from it's victims.

<It was protection, they wanted to hurt me.>

Deoxys then shut it's eyes and turned it's head back around. A blue aura started to take shape around the Pokemon. The blue aura then turned into a bubble that surrounded the Pokemon. Afterward, Deoxys began to levitate. Slowly, it floated off the pillar and over the ocean.

<What a strange world. Everything seems so…serene and peaceful.>

Deoxys stretched it's legs out and began to build speed over the ocean. There was nothing above the Pokemon, or below him, just the purple night sky and the crystal water. Deoxys observed both with some curiosity in it's eyes.

<It's different from anything that I have ever seen.>

[+] [+] [+]

Melissa was turned over on her side facing away from her husband on her bed. She had her hair tied in a messy bun and a black lace night gown on. A small, pink cat Pokemon was laying by her side. She ran her hand on the silky tan colored cover that was on the bed. It slowly made it's way onto the Pokemon's head. She scratched behind it's furry, pink ear with one manicured nail.

"Ski!" The creature stretched her paws out in comfort.

"Good girl." Missy smiled. She turned her head to face her husband.

"Toby?" She requested his attention. He turned his head and smiled at her. She ran her hand through his long hair and then touched his muscular chest.

"I wonder what that Pokemon is doing." She told him.

"None of that matters," Toby began, "that Pokemon is dangerous and nobody should dare to try to go near it."

"Well that's what I want to do." Missy explained.

"Why," Toby questioned, "that Pokemon not only tried to kill you, but it did kill your colleagues!"

"I know," Missy put her head on his chest, "but I want to understand it. I want to know why it had intent to kill us."

"Probably out of fear," Toby tried to explain, "It doesn't understand us, just like we don't understand it, out of fear it attacked, I'm sure!"

"Yes, well, this Pokemon seems different." Missy told him. "I mean it seems like it is so much smarter than that, much more complex."

"Maybe." Tony stated.
    Melissa then turned her back to Tony and began to pet the little cat Pokemon again. She then cocked her head and smiled at the animal, the cat smiled right back.

"You see," Missy began, "after all this, I would really like to learn more about Pokemon.

"Hmm." Tony mumbled, as if he was uninterested.

"I mean I would even like to study our little Skitty right here." Missy said. She picked up the Skitty and sat her in between Tony and herself. The Skitty stared into her eyes with her head to the side.

"Ski?"

"That's kind of shocking," Tony looked over to her, "I mean after all this you would think that a Pokemon might just frighten you a bit."

"Not really, I'm just curious." Missy smiled. Tony smiled back at her.

"You do whatever you want."

"Well I think I am going to get the rest of the team together and maybe I could take control of the lab."

"I don't see why not," Tony gestured, "the only thing is, is will everyone else want you to take the lead?"

"Well I don't know anyone more qualified really." Missy shrugged her shoulders.

"You should start by getting everyone together." Tony grabbed her hands.

"Yeah, that's what I'll do."

Missy then reached her head in for a kiss. Tony pressed his lips to hers and then she gave him a small hug. She turned over on her side and made her way underneath the covers. She rested her head on a large pillow and closed her eyes.

This seems so right Missy thought. This is what Karen and Barry would want, to continue research. I'm sure that they would want me to find out more about that new Pokemon too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~
    The Next Day

The sun was shining down on the silver laboratory. Rays of light bounced off the roof of the building, giving it a bright, shiny appearance. Melissa stood outside of two glass doors. She closed her eyes and took in a deep breath. She pushed open the cold door and stepped into the laboratory.

"Pika." Missy heard a faint cry.

"Oh my goodness." She put her hand in front of her mouth.

The small yellow rodent came running toward her. He then sat up and looked her in the eyes. A bright smiles found it's way onto his face. Melissa bent down and grabbed him by his waist. She lifted the Pokemon up onto her shoulder and scratched his head.

"You have been in here by yourself for the last couple of days." Missy frowned. She then stepped down the lightless hallway and into the room where Karen used to stay. She saw a small red feeding bowl and clear bowl that was supposed to hold water. Both of them were empty.

"Oh!" Missy said shocked. "You must be really hungry!"

She grabbed both of the bowls and headed back down the dark hallway and into a large kitchen. Once she stepped into the kitchen, she turned and flicked the light switch on. The room was illuminated with bright, fluorescent lights, transforming the dull gray color into white.
    Missy stepped over to a small metal sink and turned it on. She stuck the water bowl underneath the faucet, and let it fill up most of the way. She then walked to a small, round table and grabbed a bag of food. She proceeded to filling the bowl up with the brown flakes of kibble, and then carried both bowls into Karen's pod.

It was dark.

Everything was made up, just as Karen had left it. The computer was left on from somebody who was using the lab while they were on the mission. The TV was shut off and Missy couldn't see a thing. She grabbed the mouse of the computer and shook it, she put it back and the large, rectangular screen lit up. The screen asked for a name and a password.

NAME: MELISSA
    PASSWORD: ************

The computer then logged into her account. There was nothing on the screen, just a royal blue background with random icons scattered across the desktop. She opened up the icon that said "E-mail." Once the application opened, Missy began to type a memo.

Dear Colleagues,

Though our leaders, Karen and Barry, have moved on, I would like to continue the research that they have left behind. I would like to finish the beginning studies of evolution and I would still like to try to study the unidentified Pokemon. Though this time we will need to be careful, that Pokemon is dangerous.

If you guys could meet me here in the lab around two o'clock or even if you can come a little later, I would like to organize the team and events. Please and thanks to all who show.

Missy

She signed off the computer and began to leave the room. Before she left she saw a small picture on a small metal table beside the bed that once belonged to Karen. Misy picked the picture up and looked at it. The picture was of Karen and Barry kissing each other.

Tears began to rush to her eyes.

"Pika?" Pikachu stared at Missy with large eyes.

"Oh it's nothing." Missy lifted the small mouse onto her shoulder once again.

"It hurts because your master is never coming back baby."

Pikachu looked at her with blank emotion, unsure of what she meant by that. He cocked his head in question and then nuzzled it's head against her cheeks, as if it was trying to cheer up the crying woman.

"Let's go buddy," she scratched it's head, "let's get the lab started up."

The little electric Pokemon smiled and hopped down. It ran in front of Melissa as she headed for the main room that contained all the equipment and computers. As she stepped in she flipped a row of switches up. Large lights started to glow. Slowly, they lit up to full power. Large machines started to make scratchy sounds as they powered up.

"It feels like the days before." Missy smiled.

She walked to a computer with a large screen. She typed in the team's name and logged into their data files.

Bump bump bump.

Missy heard the tapping noise against the doors in the hallway. She checked the time, it was just after one, so it wasn't time for the meeting.

She slowly walked into the hall and up to the doors. A short, brown headed figure stood outside the door. She opened up the door and a small man walked in with a smile.

"Good afternoon, Melissa." He smiled sweetly.

"Good afternoon, Jeffrey, come on in." She scooted and let the man make his way into the lab. The two of them filed into the main lab.

"So I see that you want to get back to work!" He exclaimed.

"Well I feel it's what Karen and Barry would both want."

"Of course."

The man walked around and began to turn on all the smaller machines. He flipped switches and typed on the assortment of keyboards set up throughout the lab. Melissa sat down at a long metal table that was placed in the middle of table. A small manila folder sat in front of her with the word EVOLUTION stamped on it in big print. She opened the folder to see it's contents.

"Hmm," Missy mumbled, "it seems that we are a little bit farther along then I thought."

"What?" Jeff asked.

"I'm guessing that Barry and Karen know more about evolution then they told the rest of us." Missy explained.

Jeff came up beside her and looked over the papers.

Pokemon with a specific amount can go through a process called evolving, depending on the Pokemon's strengths the Pokemon can evolve.

"Well most of us already knew that, Missy." Jeff frowned at her.

"That part we did, but keep reading."

There are certain Pokemon out there, however, that cannot evolve with a certain amount of training. Some Pokemon require different stones or special treatment to evolve. After running tests on my Pikachu, I found that there is a stone that matches in the chemical makeup of Pikachu, this stone has been named a thunderstone. When the stone meets with the Pokemon, the bonds meet, letting it evolve.
    "So there is science behind the stones." Jeff scratched his chin.
    "Yeah, well, there is a science behind everything." Missy smiled at him. She shut the folder and pushed it to the side.
    "You know what I want to study." Melissa's emotion returned to a serious one.
    "Of course. It seems to me it's eating you up to know."
    "Mhm."
    Jeff left the small lab and grabbed another manila folder. He placed it before Missy. The words UNIDENTIFIED SPECIES was stamped on the front of this one. She opened the folder and found different research papers on different Pokemon, most of them being studies on urban legends. In the top right corner, there were paintings of each of these Pokemon. At last, she found the paper that Karen had begun on the unidentified creature. There was not much written there.

This Pokemon has only been spotted by a few people, it has only been seen flying through the atmosphere, it possibly comes from space.

"So," Jeff began to ask, "what do you plan to do?"

"You know what? I'm not so sure."

Jeff stared at Missy. He began to play with his thumbs and then walked over to the really large computer. He navigated his way through the files on the computer. He pulled them up and began to read them.

"How come you didn't unlock the door yourself to come in when you showed up?" Missy asked. "Did you know I was here?"

"Yeah I saw your car," he smiled, "you know I have been coming everyday, mostly to take care of Pikachu."

"So someone did come and make sure that it was okay."

"Yeah."

Missy then focused on the file. She read the small line of words over and over again. She searched the table for a pen. She grabbed a dark blue one and began to fill in a couple of details.

The Pokemon was an orange color, with green markings, it also had bright yellow eyes. It had four tentacles, two on the right side and two on the left, they're both very powerful.

Powerful enough to kill.

Missy closed the pen and shut the folder. She got out of her chair and walked over beside Jeff. She began reading into the files that Jeff had pulled up. Most of them were the reports that the eye-witnesses of Deoxys made.

"Not much detail in here." Missy frowned.

"Of course not," Jeff looked at her, "you're the only person that has really seen it."

"True."

Missy took in a deep breath and headed back into Karen's room. She flipped on the lights and began to search around for the papers. She walked and searched in every nook and cranny of the room gathering all the files that had been kept in there. She then headed back into the lab and began to sort through them.

"I don't know where to start." Missy sighed.

"I can tell." Jeff sympathized.

"I don't even know what I got myself into," Missy began to cry, "I mean I just witnessed my friends die and I don't even know how I'm going to study this Pokemon, or how I'm going to get anyone else to."

Jeff stood beside her and wrapped his arms around her. He pulled her head into his chest. He ran his fingers through her silky hair and laid his head on hers.

"Don't worry. You'll figure it out."

Last edited:
    Back