• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

For serious heavy metal fans.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Yeah, if you don't care for any kind of heavy metal/deathcore, then don't post here. It's as simple as that.

So, just a few questions.

1. How did you get into it?
    2. What/who's your favorite band(s)?
    3. Any favorite songs by any other bands other than your favorite band?

For me, I would have to like Attack Attack!, Bring Me The Horizon, Oceano, As Blood Runs Black, I Set My Friends On Fire, Job For A Cowboy, The Devil Wears Prada, and so on.

As for song, I'd have to say District of Misery by Oceano.

Last edited:

Algo Fonix

oh god
    Years
    It's funny how I got into metal. I didn't really like listening to music at all, until I was in like 9th grade. Then I randomly found a Metallica CD, Master of Puppets, in a stack of discs my cousin had burned for me a few years prior. I started listening to it, and I liked it okay. Then I got into some of their other albums, and that branched out into finding other bands and all that good stuff.

My favorite bands are Dream Theater (who would've known?!), Blind Guardian, and Emperor. Kinda spread out in sound, but oh well.

I honestly don't think I can narrow it down to a favorite song, or even a list of favorite songs. I like so much that I can't even throw them into an unordered list. I love some One by One by Immortal though.

xJordan360

plurfection.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2014
    I used to be a big rap fan back in middle school, and started to transition with Linkin Park. Eventually, I got into MCR, thanks to my old best friend, and started listening to a lot of them. I eventually got into Slipknot from there, which, along with System of a Down was my first metal band. From there, once I'd had a taste of metal, my tastes began to expand, and before I knew it, my collection had encompassed BMTH, Waking the Cadaver, Chelsea Grin, Suicide Silence, etc.

My favorite bands include, but are not limited to: Oceano, Waking the Cadaver, Suicide Silence, Bring me the Horizon, Beneath the Sky, The Devil Wears Prada, As I Lay Dying, Whitechapel, iwrestledabearonce, Chelsea Grin, etc.

Favorite song by a band not in my favorites would have to be Sorry, You're not a Winner by Enter Shikari

Nemaru

nah
    Years
    ^Mine's kind of the same as xJordan360. ;P

In 7th Grade I found the song Numb by Linkin Park on a Kingdom hearts 1 Fan-Made Game trailer, it was awesome. After a year or two, I started listening to MCR around the release of The Black Parade and go into heavier music. Then I found Escape the Fate, which is to this day my favorite band of all time (So much better when they still had Ronnie, though T_T) But I also found Pray for Plagues and Chelsea smile by BMTH. Then I just kept expanding and listening to a variety of bands.

My favorite bands are: Escape the Fate, We Came as Romans, Blessthefall, August Burns Red, Memphis May Fire, Attack Attack!, A Day To Remember, Asking Alexandria, I See Stars, Bullet for My Valentine, Bring me the Horizon, The Devil Wears Prada, iwrestledabearonce, A Static Lullaby, etc.

My Favorite song is There's No Sympathy for the Dead by Escape the Fate. But that's just one on a long list of good songs. ;p

xJordan360

plurfection.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2014
    ^Mine's kind of the same as xJordan360. ;P

In 7th Grade I found the song Numb by Linkin Park on a Kingdom hearts 1 Fan-Made Game trailer, it was awesome. After a year or two, I started listening to MCR around the release of The Black Parade and go into heavier music. Then I found Escape the Fate, which is to this day my favorite band of all time (So much better when they still had Ronnie, though T_T) But I also found Pray for Plagues and Chelsea smile by BMTH. Then I just kept expanding and listening to a variety of bands.

My favorite bands are: Escape the Fate, We Came as Romans, Blessthefall, August Burns Red, Memphis May Fire, Attack Attack!, A Day To Remember, Asking Alexandria, I See Stars, Bullet for My Valentine, Bring me the Horizon, The Devil Wears Prada, iwrestledabearonce, A Static Lullaby, etc.

My Favorite song is There's No Sympathy for the Dead by Escape the Fate. But that's just one on a long list of good songs. ;p
    I got to meet ETF at warped last year.
    I just wish I could have met them when Ronnie was still in the bad, but at least I got to see them perform with Ronnie once, a few years prior.

yahiko

god among mortals
    Years
    i gradually started listening too heavier band until i reached the devil wears prada!!
    i love the song infected bye demon hunter

Years
    Similar to Algo Fonix, I had not been interested in music for the most time of my life. But last year's autumn, a friend sent me some youtube links to Metal songs, by Dark Tranquillity. I liked it.
    So, I am now listening throughout all subgenres of Metal and see which I like and which not. I am not ready with that yet, something like that can't be done in a few months.
    My current favorite bands include Amon Amarth, Dimmu Borgir (I don't care that people say they are "untrve"), Immortal, Kreator, Vader and of course Dark Tranquillity, almost forgot to also list them here

Last edited:

Esmas

General
    Years
    It's weird, most of us have the same or similar stories of how we got into metal.

1. I began not listening to music at all, until like 6th grade when I noticed everybody else was into it but me! So they introduced me to a few YouTube videos, and I was actually a rap fan...then I transitioned to some heavier rock stuff like Billy Talent, and then eventually to metal. Now I have an extreme distaste for rap...with a passion.​

2. My all-time favourite band is Iron Maiden. I always find myself listening to them, and even if I've heard their songs a million times, they've never gotten old for me. I just think their music is brilliant.​

3. Yes, some of my favourite songs by other bands are Children of the Sea by Black Sabbath, Neon Knights by Black Sabbath, Holy Wars...The Punishment Due by Megadeth and Souls of Black by Testament.​

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
    I've been listening to metal for a long time, and to sort of say, it's was in the family to listen to metal. My dad, mom, uncles, and aunts tell me their experiences in the 80s metal and hard rock concerts. Hell, we're all even going to see AC/DC together in April. I'm even jealous of my mom for seeing Iron Maiden and Judas Priest before I was even born. >: I think I'll have to thank my dad for getting into metal though; he still listens to metal more than any one else other than my sister. Just to say, I couldn't get away from metal. It was and still is part of my life. As for school, there were a few metalheads around, but as everyone knows, the senior and freshmen status don't clash very well and I was too intimidated to even try and befriend them, especially since they were all guys. >_>;; When they were gone, I felt somewhat alone in my own music tastes. But eh, I didn't mind.

Ha, I think my list of hated bands would be longer than my favorite bands since they are so few good metal bands that aren't outdated and so bland at best. I've facepalmed to some listed here already. :B Anyways, here's a list of my favorite bands:
    Testament, Strapping Young Lad, Death, Lamb of God, Devin Townsend, Megadeth, Dark Tranquillity, Black Sabbath, Bolt Thrower, Carcass, Vader, Pestilence, Necrophagist, Ozzy Osbourne, Hypocrisy, Autopsy, Children of Bodom, Decapitated, myGRAIN, Meshuggah, Judas Priest, Mushroomhead, Pig Destroyer, Napalm Death, Morbid Angel, Deicide, Scum of the Earth, At the Gates, Iron Maiden, Pantera​

Favorite songs from other band? Raining Blood by Slayer is okay I'll admit, but other than that song, the rest of their stuff is hard to get into.

Daeva Okami-Luca

∞Protector∞
    Years
    1. I got into it by one day coming home from school in 6th grade, angry, and turned on "Sirius: Hard Attack" and heard Deicide, Slayer, and Pantera. I knew at that moment I would love all metal for the rest of my life. Granted, I am a fan of most music, but I prefer metal and wicked rap.

2. Favorite bands, Black Sabbath, Metallica, Slayer, Job for a Cowboy, Children of Bodom, Dethklok, Iron Maiden, HIM, Deicide, Six Feet Under, With Dead Hands Rising

Favorite non-metal bands: ICP, Boondox.

My favorite song would have to be The Unforgiven for metal,
    and for the other stuff Like of Fire by Boondox.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    When I was around 9-10(a bit early, yes), I was a huge rap fan and all, then I eventually got into some mainstream pop-punk. I just stopped listening to rap at one point out of bad taste and continued being a fanboy of Yellowcard and such bands. In like, 2006, I had first heard Underoath(which I still am into today), and got mad into them. I was calling it "screamo," because I was so ignorant to music and genres, and such. Eventually, I had moved onto the scene queen bands most of us here know(TDWP, BMTH, etc.), and have expanded my tastes over time a lot more than I can express.

I dig anything from acoustic stuff to death metal, so anything up in my favorites for me isn't just metal. My favorite bands atm, all metal or not, include It Prevails, Have Heart, The Acacia Strain, Stick to Your Guns, For the Fallen Dreams, and so on. That being said, I'm into most of the stuff already said, like AA!, TDWP, Oceano, Dream Theater, Suicide Silence, AILD, Whitechapel, IWaBO, WCaR, etc. There's so many good bands around, I can't name them all off. xD I can't narrow down to favorite songs, so oh well. To name drop some more, Despised Icon, Gwen Stacy, I Declare War, Disfiguring the Goddess, Oceana, Of Machines, Protest the Hero, The Color Morale, Sleeping with Sirens, Therefore I Am, Vanna, The Hope Conspiracy, Verse, etc. Again, not all metal, but either way.

P.S Emmure sucks. Just saying. ;)

dotKarma

FCs in Sig
    Years
    1. Ummm, I'm not really sure. I remember listening to only classic rock 5 or 6 years ago, and then I heard screamo music for the first time and liked it, which eventually led to me finding more complex music, which I prefer from metal bands. I listen to pretty much any type of music on the musical spectrum, though.

2. Protest the Hero, Explosions in the Sky, Say Anything, Porcupine Tree, Flaming Lips, and Radiohead.

3. Possession by Whitechapel

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 20, 2022
    I basically found Metal when I was younger listening to bands like Slayer and Hatebreed... Some good Metal bands I could recommend are Death, Dream Theater, Children of Bodom, In Flames, Arsis, Warbringer, Anthrax...

OhMyFuzzy69

Dragon Trainer
    Years
    I got into metal since i was a child. my brother would listen to all different kinds and so it made me a headbanger ;D i just took it to the next level and listen to more hardcore stuff. Older bands trying to keep there names going are just releasing crap metallica is a good example of it. Y post HIM in a metal thread he's not metal he declares his music as "love goth" or some crap like that and say anything is just crap.

Bands i listen to/that you'll should if u wanna hear REAL HARDCORE stuff:
    Amon Amarth, ****ba, Frontside, Golem, Inexist, Lord Belial, Necrophagist, SKEPTICISM, The Berzerker, Verjnuarmu, Venom, six feet under, arkona, The Funeral Pyre, Mortal Treason, Goat*****, Sectioned, Wrought Of Obsidian, The Argent Dawn, Grimfist, Evocation, Godhate, Nogod, Mind Asylum, Varg, Gamma Ray, Annotations Of An Autopsy, cannibal corpse, Mechina, Nydvind, Morbid angel, Temple Of Baal, Dragonwing, Finntroll and more

Yes those are real band names

For kicks- Alestorm best pirate metal there is. should only listen to it if your a pirate no ninjas pl0x :D there is also a death metal band with a parrot and dog as the lead singers lol that are awesome forgot the names though.

all the songs are great in there own way ;)

The music i listen is loud and extreme and most of them are from euro due thats where the best modern bands are from. Alot of the newer bands from the states cant pull it off.

~Fuzzy

Back