• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

JadeX's Platinum Beginner Team

JadeX

Prince
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Gliscor @ Leftovers
    Impish
    (Hyper Cutter)
    EV 252 Def , 252 HP and 4 Atk
    Earthquake , Toxic , U-Turn , Stealth Rock

Metagross @ Leftovers
    Adamant
    EV 252 Atk , 110 Speed and 148 HP
    Agility , Earthquake , Meteor Mash , Explosion

Inernape @ Life Orb
    Hasty
    EV 252 Atk , 252 Speed , 4 HP
    Fire Blast , Focus Blast , Grass Knot , Hidden Power : Ice 70

Starmie @ Leftovers
    Timid
    (Natural Cure)
    EV 252 SP Atk , 252 Speed and 4 HP
    Rapid Spin , Ice Beam , Surf , Thunder Bolt

Salamance @ Life Orb
    Adamant
    EV 252 Atk , 252 Speed and 4 HP
    Dragon Dance , Outrage , Earthquake , Fire Fang

Togekiss @ Leftovers
    Calm
    (Serene Grace)
    EV 252 SP.Def , 252 HP and 4 Def
    Air Slash , Thunder Wave , Aura Sphere , Wish

Please rate . Thanks
    26/Feb/2010

Last edited:

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Do you plan on using this only in-game or against other people?

JadeX

Prince
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    I'm using it against other people =D
    Any advise are greatly appreciated~

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Empoleon wants 156 HP / 252 Sp Att / 100 Speed @ Modest Nature, also needs Hydro Pump + Aqua Jet to deal with Focus Sash leads

Garchomp is Uber and therefore banned from OU battles, you'll have to replace him something else.

King's Rock is a hax item and therefore banned under the hax item clause, so I'd give Togekiss leftovers instead. Also needs an EV spread of 252 HP / 252 Special Defense / 4 Def so it can take special hits as well as possible.

Gengar wants Life Orb > Black Sludge and Focus Blast > Explosion, gives you the best type coverage and Explosion without any attack EVs does pretty pathetic damage.

Just a few changes, maybe come back to spot weaks.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    The Hax Item Clause isn't standard so he can have King's Rock if he wants. But it's generally frowned upon. It's not needed on Togekiss anyway because ParaFlinch boosted by Serene Grace is enough.

You could try a Choice Specs set on Gengar but just be beware of Blissey.

Torterra kind of struggles in OU so maybe switch that out. And as you know Garchomp is Uber so that needs to go. You could try Salamence if you want to have a strong Dragon-type.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    FreakyLocz, see his team, he has Stealth Rock on Empoleon. Also Choice Specs/Scarf Gengar sucks, he says "Someone please come to Pursuit me!!"
    JadeX, I'll rate your team later, I'm pretty tired now.

JadeX

Prince
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Everyone thanks for your comments =D
    I'm new to this wifi-battles and I just realized there's classifications of pokemon into UU , OU , BL etc ...
    So I'm replacing Garchomp with Salamence .
    (Salamence had higher attack , but lower speed so basically the same)

And for Empoleon , it has Stealth rock because of it's high sp.def ( but it always got taken down with a single closecombat or earthquake ) .
    I'm replacing it with Starmie due to it's speed and high sp atk .

Hmm...King's Rock can't be used ? I'm thinking of replacing Togekiss away , just doesn't know what pokemon to replace it .
    I'm thinking of giving it Leftovers and thinking of replacing wish with roost .

The pokemon holding me back are Torterra with it's super slow speed , but it's one pokemon that have great moveset (earthquake , stone edge , woodhammer) so I'm kind of reluctant to see it go . But usually , it got finished off by opponent very fast within 3 turns =(

One questions , are multiple type of items allowed ?

Lastly , thank you Aurafire , Freakylocz14 and Fire Wolf for browsing through my pokemon teams.
    Really appreciated .

Team updated in first post.

Last edited:

Fire Wolf

Years
    Back for a full rate :).
    Yes, you can use multiple items.
    If you're leading with Infernape, change to this moveset:
    Infernape @ Focus Sash
    Nature: Hasty
    EV's: 64Atk/252Sp.Atk/192Speed
    Moveset:
    ~ Fake Out
    ~ Stealth Rock
    ~ Fire Blast
    ~ Close Combat

Shell Bell on Starmie is a no-no. Change it to Leftovers or Life Orb (Life Orb is preferred).

You may be reluctant on switching Torterra, but you have to switch it. Tbh Torterra is dead weight on OU teams. If you really want a Grass type, use Celebi.

Use this set:
    Celebi @ Leftovers
    Nature: Bold
    EV's: 252 HP/220 Def/32 Spe
    Moveset:
    ~ Leech Seed/Thunder Wave (Leech Seed is preferred)
    ~ Grass Knot
    ~ Recover
    ~ Hidden Power Fire/Hidden Power Ice/Earth Power (Hidden Power Fire is preferred, if you can't get it then get Hidden Power Ice and if you can't get both use Earth Power).

Salamence wants a Life Orb instead of Yache Berry, also it needs Outrage over Dragon Claw and Fire Blast or Stone Edge (Fire Blast is preferred) over Fire Fang. If you use Fire Blast, switch to a EV spread of 232 Atk/24 Sp.Atk/252 Speed. If you're using Stone Edge, then stick with the current EV spread. Also, if you're using Fire Blast then you need a Naive natured Salamence. If you're using Stone Edge then Adamant is fine.

For Togekiss, I suggest using this moveset:
    Togekiss @ Leftovers
    Ability: Serene Grace
    Nature: Calm
    EV's: 252 HP/4 Def/252 Sp.Def
    Moveset:
    ~ Body Slam/Thunder Wave (Body Slam is preferred)
    ~ Air Slash
    ~ Roost
    ~ Aura Sphere.

I'd suggest switching Alakazam, since it sucks in OU and is horribly Pursuit bait.

JadeX

Prince
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    For Infernape ,
    I'm playing physical attacks but
    I'll switch to Special Attack Evs for a try =D
    I'm a bit worried about Fire Blast's accuracy though .
    Anyway, holding Focus Sash with Fire Blast seemed like a good idea since Flare Blitz prevent the use of Focus Sash .
    I'm just afraid that I'll meet pokemon like Gliscor , Flying types which Infernape would need some switching .

For Starmie , I'll let it hold Leftovers =D
    I didn't know I could hold multiple kind of items ~
    That saved alot of trouble of thinking which pokemon to hold which items .

For Salamence with life orb , I think I'll stick back to the physical one (252 atk ev) since I've more special attacker . Salamence's atk base stats are higher too .
    Taking Outrage , Dragon Dance , Stone Edge and Earthquake .

For Togekiss ,I'll be trying out for the Body Slam

I'll try to get one Bold Celebi for trades , I don't have one since I've just started =(
    If not , i'll try Roserade maybe ?

one more slot left , might be running Gliscor as the lead in place of Alakazam .
    Infernape as lead might have trouble dealing with flying since it lost it's thunder punch so Gliscor might be a good try ? Of course, it's going to run Taunt , Stealth Rock , Earthquake and U-turn .

Taking out Infernape's Fake out and Stealth rock and adding Grass Knot and Hidden Power (Ice) to it ?

Fire Wolf

Years
    Ok then, use Gliscor as your lead. If you're not using Infernape as your lead, use this set:
    Infernape @ Life Orb
    Nature: Hasty
    EV's: 64 Atk/252 Sp.Atk/192 Speed
    Moveset:
    ~ Nasty Plot
    ~ Fire Blast/Flamethrower (Fire Blast is preffered)
    ~ Close Combat
    ~ Grass Knot/Hidden Power Ice (Grass Knot is preffered).
    And try to get Celebi in trades, many PC members have it and will gladly trade it to you if you offer them something reasonable in trade. If using Roserade, use either Roserade OR Gliscor as your lead and only one should be in your team. If you can't get Celebi, try using something else.

JadeX

Prince
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Hmm.. okay , I'll try get to myself a Celebi through trade .
    Many people cloned Celebi and I think I should be able to trade one by offering one of my EV pokemon .

and Fire Wolf , thanks alot for your suggestions that made lots of changes to improve my team =D

What's PC actually ?
    *Edit: I just realised PC = Pokecommunity -.-" lol

JadeX

Prince
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Okay thanks alot Fire Wolf =D
    Maybe when I get stronger , I'll battle with you one day ~

I just used berries and lowered my Infernape's Atk to the lowest ,
    hopefully I can EV trained up it's Special Attack fast.

JadeX

Prince
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Ya , it isn't a really competitive team =(

I'm thinking of putting pokemon like Tyranitar and Metagross into the team with Ninjask as lead (Protect , Baton Pass) to speed up sweepers .

But of course , I'm lacking of lots of pokemon now =(

JadeX

Prince
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Please help out with my team again .
    if double posting in my own thread is not allowed , I'm sorry ~
    Not sure where to post this because I can't create another double thread .
    Team updated

Fire Wolf

Years
    I'd suggest changing Infernape's set to Fire Blast/Close Combat/Nasty Plot/Hidden Power Ice or Grass Knot. Focus Blast is crap thanks to it's horrible accuracy. Also change it's EV spread to 252Sp.Atk/192 Speed/64 Atk. You should have Sand Veil on Gliscor to take advantage of the opponent's Sandstorm (if it sets it up).

Back