• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Children of Masters [PG-13]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years

Welcome to the world of Pokémon!

I am Professor Alder, Lead Researcher of Pokemon Studies here in the region of Kanto. I was called in from the Sevii Islands not too long ago, after the unfortunate death of the great Professor Oak. It should be pretty obvious, by my title, what it is I actually do. But, just to clarify, I collect the data of Pokémon all over Kanto and try to learn as much about them as I can.

Although, this is quiet a difficult task for me, at the moment. You see, I've got my hands full trying to pick up where Oak left off, and there's a lot to get done with simple not enough time to do it. That is why I have sent out a call for any young people to come to Pallet Town and receive a Pokédex, which is a device used to record the data of any Pokémon it is pointed at.

I will also provide you with a Pokémon of your very own to help you on your quest, but the main idea here is to gather the data of as many different Pokémon as you can. To sweeten the deal, I will allow you young trainers to use those Pokémon to compete in the Indigo League. It is a very tough journey on which trainers must defeat eight of the best trainers in Kanto and collect a unique badge from each of them.

These "top trainers" are known as Gym Leaders and they each use Pokémon of their speciality types, such as; Rock, Water, Electric and Grass. Once you trainers have defeated all eight of these Gym Leaders and collected the eight corresponding Gym Badges, you will be allowed entry into the Indigo Conference, which is a large Pokémon tournament held at the end of the year.

The trainers you battle here, who aren't type specific like the Gym Leaders you've faced, will be very tough and will definitely put up a good fight. If you manage to beat the odds and defeat all the other trainers, you will be crowned as Pokémon Champion of Kanto.

So, now you know all about the Indigo League, but the world of Pokémon isn't all fun and games. In fact, there is a team of Pokémon criminals operating right now in the Kanto region, they are known only as 'the R Syndicate'. I do hope you don't have the misfortune of running into them, but, if you do, be very careful.

Rules

1. All basic RPing and general forum rules apply here, please try to abide by them.
    2. No Godmodding, Powerplaying, Bunnying, or whatever it is you want to call taking control of another player's character.
    3. This thread is for anything RP based, OOC talk should be held in the OOC Thread. (When I create it) And, of course, no spamming allowed.
    4. Proper grammar is a must in this RP. I am a writer, so I will know if you use incorrect grammar.
    5. Be active, I want at least two posts a week! If you are going to be gone for a long period of time, please tell me beforehand.
    6. Respect other members. If you aren't nice to the other people in this RP, especially me, there will be penalties.
    7. This RP uses a chapter format; I will control the number of posts per chapter and also what happens in them.

Pre-RP Rules

1. Do not nag me asking when the RP will start. It is very annoying.
    2. A password is needed for signing-up; it is "Aipom used Swift". Please put it somewhere in your sign-up post.
    3. I will only be accepting five members, one for each category of Pokémon. Therefore, if someone has signed up and chosen Bulbasaur as their starter, you may not pick Chikorita, Treecko, of Turtwig.
    4. Finally, I would really like it if members who know what they're doing joined this RP, ones who can handle writing large posts. Therefore, if this is your first RP, you will have a difficult time joining.

Infraction System

What is this, you ask? Well, just like if you do something wrong here at PC, you get an infraction. This RP will be using the same system of punishment.

If you break any of the rules listed above, you will be given an infraction, which can only be removed with good behaviour. If you continue to break the rules, you will receive another infraction. Three fractions and you will be kicked from the RP.

Name: First and last (middle optional)
    Appearance: What does your character look like? (detail, detail, detail) (at least one paragraph)
    Personality: How does your character act? (detail, detail, detail) (at least one paragraph)
    History: Your characters life before the RP (detail, detail, detail) (at least two paragraphs)
    Other: Anything else you'd like to add
    Starter: Which of the Pokémon below do you want to start with and what gender is it? (one person per type)
    RP Sample: Show me what you got (must be very good)

Starter Pokémon

GRASS
    Chikorita
    [Taken by RockTheBeat]

Level: 5
    Type: Grass
    Moves: Tackle, Growl

FIRE
    Cyndaquil
    [Taken by Zephyr the West Wind]

Type: Fire
    Moves: Tackle, Leer

WATER
    Totodile
    [Taken by Frostbiteकर्म]

Type: Water
    Moves: Scratch, Leer

ELECTRIC
    Mareep
    [Taken by Legendarian Mistress]

Type: Electric
    Moves: Tackle, Growl

PSEUDO
    Dratini
    [Taken by {Swan}]

Type: Dragon
    Moves: Wrap, Leer, Thunder Wave

Last edited:
    Years
    Name: Jonah D'Angelo aka "Aipom used Swift!"

Appearance: Initial thought: lanky. Standing at 5'11", a grand height for one that is barely a teenager, Jonah stands tall and skinny, hovering over most of his peers and those in his community. A tanned complexion is put upon Jonah's face, native to Sunnyshore City, receiving mostly sun from being out against the beach, the sun darkening his skin. His jet black hair is generally styled regularly, his bangs pushed to the left of his face and the ends of his hair hovering barely above his shoulders by a tiny amount. With brown eyes and soft, pink lips; Jonah's facial features are just the norm. His eyes are covered by glasses, rounded thin-lensed glasses with brown rims. Jonah's regular attire consists of a white t-shirt covered by a black vest, and a pair of black jeans covering his lower body. Also equipped with a watch, a black-beaded necklace, he usually sports white and black shoes, the logo of the shoe brand colored black, the rest of the show mainly white. His appearance is nothing less than normal, appearing to be a normal person at first glance. Being a teenager, appeared on his face is pimples, and when smiling you could see his tiny dimples, although very minor.

Personality: Jonah is generally a quirky person. With many quirks to his personality, he is quite an oddball, and not your general teenager. Not interested in socializing, really, he holds back with his talking and is rather shy. He doesn't like to associate with people mostly, rarely speaking when forced or to ask something - there are only several rare occasions that Jonah speaks to someone through his will. He talks in a very light manner, and is generally not one to start any drama. Keeping to himself, he's never found any problem with this. He talks to people with respect to avoid any trouble in his future, keeping relaxed and chill when he speaks. Jonah is your usual "follow the rules" type of person, always having standards and rules set out for him and doing his best not to break them. Although not the talker, he has one thing he honestly speaks out for. He has strong opinions and is ever-so-willing to express them, not holding back if he feels the need to say anything. Also known as a bit nosy, he tends to like to know everything, being considered knowledgeable, he doesn't like not knowing things and is usually the one to come up to you and ask, as he sees no problem with being nosy. He is typically a nice guy, and has only rarely been rude to anyone, knowing his manners and such. Jonah is considered smart, focusing on knowledge and speedily fast and knowing lots of stuff, dependent when questioning something. He is very curious and commonly unsure about things, known to be indecisive when a tough decision arises and he needs to pick something. Pressure is a bad thing for him, usually giving in to it and doing whatever pleases people. He doesn't like being pressured and is usually the one to break down or fall apart when pressured.

History: Born and raised in Sunnyshore City, Jonah was always used to the sun and the light and all of the water surrounding is home city. He lived here for seven years. Born under two parents Deanne and Monroe D'Angelo, Jonah was one of three children - Thomas and Kevin, the middle of the group. His life in Sunnyshore was your general child growing up. He'd been surrounded by Pokemon, living in the family of a successful trainer as well as a now-Pokemon breeder, her mother not being able to set out for her dream to enter any of the Pokemon league due to her being forced to take care of her mother. He'd gone to school and taken a sudden interest into Pokemon, although first wanting to become a Pokemon breeder changing his mind to be a competitive Pokemon battler.

Jonah's dreams were those of the young children when he was young. Everyone strived for this dream, and when his eldest brother Thomas had reached legal age he'd left for his journey first thing. Jonah and his younger brother Kevin were stuck at home, though they moved when he was just eight to Viridian City. This was a big change for Jonah, including transferring schools and leaving his father (who had a TV show set in Sunnyshore, not being able to leave). This led Jonah to be raised by just his mother in the family of three. When Jonah reached the legal age to set out on his own Pokemon journey, he made the decision to wait for Kevin, a year difference - to do the thing they loved together.

His plans went wrong when his mother became sick just two months before the birthday of Kevin, and she was stuck in a bed requiring help daily from Kevin and Jonah, until the two weeks when Kevin turned of legal age. Jonah had made the decision to allow Kevin to leave, forced to stay at Viridian to take care of his mother. Required to help his mom, he was stuck at Viridian not being able to set out his dreams. Although this didn't affect him as much as Kevin would be affected, he was still at a loss. Now age sixteen, he has received an opportunity. His father is able to leave Sunnyshore because of his show ending, and Jonah is now allowed to take a starter Pokemon set out for him. Gladly accepting this offer, Jonah is to begin his Pokemon journey.

Other: None; hope you enjoy this application, though!
    Starter: Chikorita; Grass
    RP Sample:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    Aipom used Swift!

Name: Isis Regan

Appearance: Isis has a Kantonian-Sinnohian lineage that goes back for many generations. This is evident in her hazel eyes, common in said regions, and her fair complexion. She was born with crimson hair and she is very much like her mother, as she dresses the same as what she did when she was fourteen.

Having wished to inherit her father's height, she is of a pathetic stature at five feet and eleven inches. Despite that and her average figure, she does not look harmful, for there is a gentle undertone to her eyes.

She prefers to keep her hair perfectly trimmed and long, the tips of which touch the middle of her back. Her favourite outfit is her red, skin-tight, short-sleeved shirt with her blue miniskirt. In addition to that, she wears grey socks, yellow and purple slip-on shoes, her black and purple hat – and carries her bright yellow backpack with the imprint of a Poké Ball on the side everywhere she goes.

Personality: Like her mother, Isis is impatient, but she does not share any of the other traits. Instead her persona is more of the 'speak only when spoken to' type. Isis is not a bully, but has been bullied, which explains why she is so distant. At times, she is lazy, but that is only in the mornings when she doesn't want to get out of bed. Other than that, she is a hard worker and does her share of the jobs around the house.

History: Isis and her identical twin sister, Rhea, were born in the quiet Pallet Town to Josephine and Arthur Regan. Being the first born by two minutes, Isis was spoiled considerably more than the younger Rhea. Rhea was more sociable than her somewhat introverted sister, but they would fight like Darkrai and Cresselia; Isis was the Darkness and Rhea the Lunar Moon — they fought so roughly one time, Josephine and Arthur had to take Isis to the Viridian Hospital for severe bruising to the neck area.

Things continued like that until they were three, which was around the time that they moved to Johto. A few days before her fourteenth birthday, Isis' parents told her that the Professor had a starter Pokémon ready for her. However, she could only start her journey when she actually turned fourteen.

Other: N/A

Starter: Mareep (female)

RP Sample:

In front of the Pokémon Centre, Josephine had withdrawn Diego with the conclusion of the battle being in her favour. The red-haired teen was about to step forward and congratulate her younger sister on a battle well-fought, but Natalie turned and stormed off.

"..." Josephine was stunned into silence as she turned to Arthur.

Arthur shrugged, equally confused. Nevertheless, all of the teenagers ran after the ten-year-old, still well aware that Saffron was in the stranglehold of Team Rocket. A few moments later, they found her... in the grip of a Rocket grunt, with the criminal holding a gun to her head. The Prince threw out his arms, stopping the others in their tracks.

He turned back slightly to see his lover whispering something to Diego, her Dusknoir. The Ghost type nodded in agreement and pressed his hand to his trainer's forehead. With Diego muttering something creepy, his mind merged with Josephine's and the two spiritually entered the Rocket grunt's body. Their aim was to kill him quickly, for even thinking of endangering Natalie's life.

All while the duo were in his body, the grunt was writhing and screaming in pain, even cursing the fact he'd joined the organization. Seconds later, he was dead, the heart's major vein severed from the rest of the organs. Back in their own bodies, Josephine and Diego looked at each other warmly before the nearly fifteen-year-old embraced her sister in a big hug.

"I'm sorry for storming off, it's just that I'm not used to losing," Natalie admitted.

"Pfft! It's fine, Nat," the older sibling replied.

"I'm serious," the ten-year-old persisted.

"So am I," the redhead countered.

All the while, a Fearow with a security camera flew overhead, watching the battle. The footage was being sent back to Team Rocket's Silph. Co headquarters, where Crimson Lightning and Nighthawk were absolutely stunned.

Last edited:

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    Legendarian Mistress: That was a very good sign up, but it's missing just one thing. Read over the rules and maybe you can find what it is. For now though, declined.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    RockTheBeat: Hmm... it's an ok sign up, I suppose. There are just some things that 'erk' me. Such as; some of the sentences are jumbled and confusing; you tend to repeat what has already been said. This makes what you've written look longer than it actually is. The grammar is also not the best it could be and your sample is quite short. Now, I'm not trying to dishearten you, but could you please work on those things I've mentioned? You are accepted, purely because I'd like to give you a chance to improve.

Years
    Name: Asher Lansing

Appearance:
    Asher comes from a fairly long line of rather pale people so, of course, his complexion is almost exactly the same. He has a lean form, something that sort of runs in his family as well. Asher doesn't really have any form of muscle, but he has been (sort of) trying to work on that. Something to help with his lean look is his height. Asher stands at about 6'1" if you give or take a little. So, in short, it would be rather quick and easy to describe Asher as a tall, lanky white kid with a mop of hair on his head. Yes, Asher's brown hair is something of a mop. It isn't completely curly and all of that, but it has a particular wave to it and tends to get disheveled easily. He keeps his hair fairly long at about an inch or two above his shoulders, but doesn't like it if his hair gets longer than that.

As far as facial features and other smaller features of his body go, Asher is fairly average in that area. His eyes are a stormy blue, something he inherited from his mother. Asher has an average sized and straight nose, and his lips are basically average as well. As far as markings go, Asher does have a small scar on the palm of his hand from a burn he got from a wild Houndour when he was a little boy. He also has a black tattoo directly over his stomach, something that was very painful but Asher found a good birthday gift. It is a simple symbol of three wavelike swirls moving inward towards his bellybutton. The ink is in black, because he really didn't care for anything else. This tattoo isn't as big as it might first sound, because all of it is visible when he has his shirt off or something of the like.

Clothing is something that Asher has never really been horribly particular about. He'll wear almost any color, save for pink and purple because he just doesn't like them unless they're on someone else. Generally Asher sticks to wearing athletic style clothing. The tight kind that is rather comfortable and is made of very nice material, normally in a random color is what Asher likes to wear. He also generally carries a fuzzy black hoodie around, just for cold instances. Though he might seem athletic, Asher isn't very fond of shorts. He wears a pair of jeans lots of the time, and they range in color depending on his shirt. For shoes, Asher wears a pair of low top black Converse just because they go with practically everything he wears. He carries a messenger style bag around with him, and that's of a grey color. Other than that, Asher doesn't have any other accessories.

Personality:
    Asher is a rather outgoing person, sort of like his clothing choices. He's never very picky with the people he knows, and is often rather open and friendly to all of them. This makes Asher a rather easy person to get along with, even if he might annoy you at first with all of his ramblings about things that might seem completely off-topic. Asher loves people and company, but realizes that sometimes it isn't the best to have. He knows when he should be prepared to be on his own, and Asher isn't going to have some kind of anxiety issue because of loneliness or anything. Sure, he might get a bit less happy and in lower spirits, but that would probably change the moment he saw another person. Seeing as he's this outgoing, Asher is often something of a family man. He enjoys hanging out with his parents and his kid brother, even if they do bug him occasionally.

Though he might come across as an athletic type, Asher really isn't. Sure he wears the clothes, but truthfully athleticism isn't something that Asher is super great at. Sure, he could probably do something akin to football and track, but otherwise he isn't that great. Instead, Asher tends to stick to more calming activities, such as reading and writing. It might seem to clash with his personality, but Asher's pieces he both reads and writes all have some major form of action in them. He also enjoys video games as a side hobby, but only if they're full of action and violence. He's just a weirdo like that, but it's alright. We all have our little addictions.

History:
    Asher was born in the Hoenn Region, in a small town between two larger cities that he actually never figured out the names of. He grew up with both his parents until the age of six, and that was when his little brother, Dylan, was born. Asher was rather protective of his little brother, and often enjoyed playing small games of soccer and tag and all those games together. Asher would, of course, throw it so most often Dylan would win. He was just a good brother like that, and his parents were rather relieved that they got along instead of fighting all the time. They figured it was because of Asher's personality, but were glad nonetheless.

As Asher grew older, he continued to get the average Bs and occasional A or C in his Pokemon Academy school. He was more interested in the sports the school offered, however, and spent quite a bit of his time practicing for his track or football instead of doing homework. Just to balance things out, of course, he would also spend even more of his free time reading and writing stories, something a lot of the guys on his team couldn't get. Asher was bordering the line between jock and normal, but he continued to border it for his school career. Finally, he was presented with the opportunity to head on over to Kanto. Asher talked it over with his parents, and then finally they agreed to let him go on a Pokemon adventure of his own. Dylan, along with his parents, were sad to see Asher go but they were happy he was glad with his decision.

Other: Asher thinks, "Aipom used Swift!" is a funny saying. But other than that? Nothing else major to report here.

Starter:

Totodile
    Moves: Scratch, Leer

RP Sample:
    Taken from the Path to Light and Darkness
    Spoiler:

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    Frostbiteकर्म: That is simply a fantastic sign up, there's no other way to describe it. There was only one thing that confused me; is he athletic or not? In the personality you said he wasn't, but in the history you said he played football and ran track. Still, that doesn't stop you from being accepted.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    ((The bio is a bit meager but I hope the rest is okay ^^ Aipom uses Character Application, by the way)

Name: Marina Mia
    Appearance: Marina has her origins in Pacifidlog and it shows in her natural complexion. Marina has a dark olive skin and a tall and slightly muscular body. She stands at 1.78m with most of her length coming from her legs. Her eyes are a dark blue contrasting nicely with her darker look and they are framed by thick dark lashes. She has a slightly round face and dimples in her cheeks when she laughs. Most of her features are a bit harsh, and she has an extremely fit body through her love for swimming and other sports, giving her a flat stomach and making her not just some frail little girl.

Her hair is dark brown with thin bangs and its overall always messy no matter what she does to it. Most of the time Marina just lets her hair do whatever it wants. She doesn't often do a lot with her hair simply because it won't often allow being messed with. Often when it really annoys her she might tie it into one or two low ponytail(s). For more formal occasions, or if she simply wants to look better than usual, she might wear a blue headband and try to tame it a little more than usual.

Marina most often wears a swimsuit under her clothing, simply because she loves swimming so much. Her standard swimsuit is orange with dark navy decorations and it forms a turtleneck. Over that she often wears a white dress with a knee-length shirt and puffy off-the-shoulders sleeves. She also carries a blue wrap-around skirt for warmer weather. Another part of her portable wardrobe (AKA her bag) is a light gray zip-up hoodie for colder times that she would wear over her skirt. It has a hood with white faux fur attached to it. Her bag is a one-strapped backpack of a yellowy beige colour with blue details that she straps across her body.

Personality: Marina is an extremely outgoing girl. She loves to have fun, and will often find ways to have fun should they not be provided for her. She loves to laugh more than anything, and loves to make others laugh. She might be a bit loud sometimes, to the annoyance of others, but she's simply not afraid to speak her mind. She loves a challenge and is extremely competitive. Should you even hint on having some sort of race or competition, or a Pokémon battle for that matter, she won't hesitate on making one. She isn't a sore loser however, and would simply laugh it off.

Marina is one who doesn't like seeing others left out. She's always been taught to leave no one out and be nice to everyone, and she's honoring that teaching. The truth is that she simply comes from a more closed off island community and that's the kind of character she is. She's pretty humble if one isn't talking about her athletic skills. If they are, then she'd pretend to not be that good and then show off majorly should she have the chance. Yes, Marina likes others to see what she can do, she loves the praise and might often try to get that out of someone through showing off what she can do. But for the most part she won't outwardly say that she's good at something and instead pull it out of someone else, semi-subconsciously.

Marina is good in tight situations. She stays calm in situations of high stress and will often take a leadership role should it be needed. She doesn't like to step up but will do so if the need arises. Most of the time she likes to just go with the flow and have someone else have the responsibility. She doesn't like being the one responsible for other people, and she very easily feels guilty about it. It's easy to guilt trip Marina and it's easy to convince her of an ideal that you feel. But most of Marina is just the one to be nice to anyone, the laidback one that just goes with the flow and always has a smile on her face.

History: As mentioned Marina was born and raised in Pacifidlog, Hoenn. She was a real island girl, well floating-town girl as is most accurate. She was part of a tight community where everyone looked out for everyone. She was always great at swimming, almost a fish in the sea. Marina spent as much time in the water as on the land, and that is counting sleep. She did more sports such as football and tennis, though they often had to go to the mainland or another island to play those. Marina was only really alive when she played a sport, it lit her up as a flame.

It was later, when she was around 14 years old when her parents had to move away from the island. Her father had a great job opportunity in Pallet Town, Kanto and there was no choice but to move. She was saddened by the move and by having to leave her friends behind but like most 14 year olds, the memories didn't stay too long and it didn't take a lot of time for her to completely settle in the new town. There had always been the want to become a Pokémon Trainer, however. It just seemed so amazing to travel and challenge others. It completely satisfied her competitive nature. So when the opportunity arose, she was the first to jump on the band wagon.

Starter: Female Dratini

RP Sample: Same roleplay and intro post as Frostbite's xD

Spoiler:

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    {Swan}: Great sign up. I can't find anything wrong with it, therefore you are accepted.

Now we just need one more person, then I will make the OOC thread and post the first chapter.

Zephyr the West Wind

Still a newbie. -_-
    Years
    Name: Namine Mizuki
    Appearance: Namine balances out a total of five feet, five inches, and at a weight of 105 lbs. Her eyes are a light blue that most would see as gray when in dim light, though she tends to deny it fervently. She has long brown hair that is almost always kept in a ponytail, and her skin is slightly tanned from living along the coast. A large crescent scar lays on her left arm where she had been cut by an Absol. She normally wears a tan tank-top with a brown hoodie jacket that is never zipped up, slightly loose blue jeans, and brown tennis shoes with a few sharp lines of blue running through the sides of them. She also has begun to wear a black belt along her waist with a small bag on the side that is filled with all different sorts of supplies.

Personality: Namine has been described as a stubborn yet kind person that doesn't tend to take things very seriously. When she does, however, people have said that Namine becomes a whole different person: very stoic, and almost cold. This rarely happens, due to her overly cheerful mood. When it comes to doing things or helping with something, Namine tends to see things with a fierce determination. She would never turn down anyone when asked to help, except when she is advised against it - which means she would help a drug dealer if she didn't know what he or she did.

History: Namine grew up in the Hoenn Region, though she never stayed in one city due to her parents being scientists. She was pretty smart for her age, but she often took the time to go sketch the Pokemon she would see. By the time she was twelve, she already knew much about Pokemon, though she herself did not have one. One day, when her parents were studying the Castform near Fortree city, Namine had gone out on a walk to explore...But only to return after startling an Absol - and earning a large crescent shaped cut on her left arm from where it had accidentally sliced her with the blade on its head. The scar shows even today as a sign of her former carelessness, and reminds her that Pokemon are not to be trifled with.
    After a few years, however, Namine had followed her parents to Kanto, where they had all hoped to meet Professor Oak. Her parents had hoped to listen to his wisdom, while Sayomi herself had hoped for her first Pokemon. Unfortunately their hopes almost completely dashed after hearing of the great Professors death, but Namine and her parents continued to talk with Professor Alder instead.
    Other: "Aipom used Swift"
    Starter: Male Cyndaquil
    RP Sample:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back