• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Rate My Pokemon Team!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2013
    Hello. This is my first ever post on this forum and would like honest opinions please :]

Right this is my Pokemon Firered team, and im hoping to win!

Charizard level 73 Moveset: Swords dance, Earthquake, Hyper beam, Fire blast.
    Blastoise level 64 Moveset: Surf, Blizzard, Body slam, Mimic.
    Venusaur level 79 Moveset: Razor leaf, Sleep powder, Solar beam
    Rhydon level 63 Moveset: Rock tomb, Rock slide, Substitute, Focus punch.
    Primeape level 59 Moveset: Submission,Brick Break, Mega kick, Mega punch.
    Dragonite level 70 Moveset: Dragon claw, Hyperbeam, Dragon rage, Thunderbold.

If your wondering about some of the 'HM's', I have HM's buddies who i have teached all the moves to.

Hopefully this team will be able to defeat the Elite 4. Please give feedback!

Thanks

XXironixXX

P.S i have all 3 starters as i have fire red and leafgreen and i used my brothers GBA, and i traded them./CENTER]

Oh no, the centred text went worng, please ignore thanks!​

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2010
    I'm new to this too. What first stuck out to me is that you don't have anything to combat the ghost pokemon of agatha (i think that's her name). You could beat her with brute force but you don't have any supereffective moves. I would remove the primeape and replace it with a psychic type but that's just me.
    also, your venusaur only knows three moves?

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2013
    Thanks Jaxx1216, Perhaps Hypno?

Oh, i forgot to put in the fourth move, i'll edit it now.

Thanks

XXironixXX.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Mimic on Blastoise? lololo Can't be serious, can you? Eh, 3rd generation movesets are hard to work with nowadays though, I suppose. First off, your team is 95% attacks, which isn't good. Put in some strategy, like Toxic, Curse, Thunder Wave...something. At least you have Sleep Powder and Swords Dance on some party members. However, I would have given Primeape Swords Dance > Mega Kick. Mega Punch/Kick aren't as almighty as they used to be.

That Venusaur is bugging me, too. I just suggest Razor Leaf > Solar Beam, unless you want that final slot to be Sunny Day and then delete Razor Leaf for Toxic. Toxic is a deadly move.

Honestly, you don't need much help. With levels like that, you're gonna leave the E4 crying. However, next time you need help with a team, please use the team help thread.

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back