• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Sparkling Orange

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2010
This game is NOT an Hack!

pokemonlogo.jpg

Working Title
- Name: Pokémon: Sparkling Orange
- Engine: RPG Maker XP

Spoiler:

Team
Spoiler:

Story
After fighting in the Kanto Pokémon League you arrive back at your home in
Pallet Town. Here it is that Professor Oak congratulates you for having fought so well
in the Pokemon League. But now the Professor hand you a mysterious gold and silver Pokéball and wants you to go to deliver it to someone on the Orange Archipelago!

Features
- Inspired by the Orange Island Series.
- A Complete new region! Including Towns and Gyms.
- 'Alternative Timeline' without the Ash Ketchum & Co as we know them.
- Pokémon Tournaments held all over the Orange Archipelago.
- The Orange League, A new regional Pokémon League!
- Team Rocket will make its appearance, and will be up to their usual schemes!
- Characters from the TV-show will make a special appearance in the game,
for you curious types there are some of their names are included in the spoiler below!
Spoiler:

- A mix of First, Second and Third Generation Pokémon, check the spoiler if you are intrested.
Spoiler:

Screenshots
Spoiler:

Team Recruitment
- Eventer
- Mapper
- Spriter

Release: Beta 1.0
Playtime: 60minutes +-
Download Mirrors
- Not released yet
-

Credits
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Raikt

Fiction writer.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 19, 2010
Two of the image tags in your screenshots are broken; the rest don't even show up unless I copy the url into the bar. Perhaps that's just my browser, though.

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2010
Demo Coming Soon! and any critisism is welcome!

The game is a remake of Pokémon Naranja, ofcource with some twists of my one.
I am still looking for someone that can make sprites, most of the time simple re-colors.

*update* Screenshots have been added, and I know the misty one has errors, those have been fixed!

Raikt

Fiction writer.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 19, 2010
Now that the pictures are up, I'll take a crack at it;

Firstly, you're going to want to either do some custom sprites yourself, or enlist the aid of someone who can do them. It's mostly for aesthetics, but if you can't, then definitely change the trainer sprite to match the graphics. (IE: You have Brendan as the graphic, but Red as the sprite.) I can send you some Brendan sprites, if you want. Otherwise, if this is a continuation of Red's story after Johto, there are hundreds of Red graphics floating around.

Secondly, you'll need some form of plot progression, other than, "Take this ball! Gyms and elite four! Island hopping!" Hopefully, that is where Team Rocket comes into play; or perhaps this mysterious Pokeball? (Just like in the anime, right? :p)

Third, and lastly, is there any reason you didn't include all of the Pokemon? Spriting, time, aesthetic issues? I ask, because the selling point of new games is almost always new features plus all the previous Pokemon. It might put a few people off from playing if you don't include all of them. It's just a thought, but not necessary.

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2010
First: I am still working on new sprites, I already have plans for the main character and made some changes have taken place but they are just not in the screenshots yet,

Second: The story will be mostly about defeating gym leaders and winning the Orange League but the story will also take some twists from the anime like the catching of Crystal Onix and defeating the Surfing Rhydon. Team Rocket is also included and up to their usual schemes; trying to make a profit out of pokemon! I still need to work out the complete Team Rocket story and what I want to do with the GSBall, but for my first version it is not a priority.

Third: All the pokemon were not existing by the time that the Orange Anime was showing, I will probally include more first and second gen pokemon eventually but the ones I have planned at the moment have priority, I will not cram 493 Pokemon in one game if I dont feel like it xD

*Edit*
Screenshot of Misty has been fixed, and Tracey has been added!

Last edited:

Pokemon_123

Pikachu...
Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2010
Are you going to change the colours of the pokemon to make them look more exotic? Also, you said that you might have something done with the GS ball and it apparently conatains Celebi if it helps :)

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2010
The first release(s) of the game will not contain re-colored Pokémons but this is something I eventually plan to do! ( I will add it to the features since I forgot ).

And I know that the GSBall was supposed to contain a Celebi, but as I am still working on the story I am not sure what to do with it, but the plot will probally contain a Celebi yes :)

And people I still need Spriters and Scripters! Nothing real difficult, but extra help is always nice to have ^^.

Back