• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

dead man's Stupidly Silly Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

dead-man-walking

Alive and well
Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    Galleria de la Shiz

Dead Man's Stupidly Silly Gallery

A.K.A.

Nightmare Wasp's Hallway

A.K.A.

Galleria de la Shiz

Huh? Wut? What is this?

So, since I have nothing to do, I just draw random things to fill up time. Here's some that I bothered to keep in Digital State (Will add more if I have the time):

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Any comments and criticisms are welcome. Other than those along the lines of "omg ur style sux lol haha".

EDIT: Updates. Somebody please comment D:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • 1st drawing i think its a lil weird. but the again i havent started shading yet, if thats what ur doing o.O but i guess i can say that u got a cool "you" style for a dark manga.

2nd. theres nothing there

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    So, since I have nothing to do, I just draw random things to fill up time. Here's some that I bothered to keep in Digital State (Will add more if I have the time):

Spoiler:

I really like this one. I love how you can't see his eyes because of the hat. However, some details are hard to see because everything is grey, such as the beard (well, mainly just the beard). I really like what you did with his arms, and the ax is well drawn. The boots are ok; the one on his right looks good, and well drawn the way that it is standing, but the other one just quickly drawn, and it also makes it look like that leg is larger because of the the line coming out of the boot and ending at the cape. Overall, it seems to be really good. I'd like to see what you could do with GIMP and a tablet :D

Spoiler:

Any comments and criticisms are welcome. Other than those along the lines of "omg ur style sux lol haha".

EDIT: Updates. Somebody please comment D:

First of all, don't worry about people not commenting.. This forum is pretty much dead, haha. But besides that; Stage 1 --> It looks good from the head down to about three lines of squares up, when it starts looking a little messy (well, the scaly part at least.) Then, when it changes from no pattern on its skin to the lines farther down it appears to be really skinny and unnatural. Besides that, it's good. Stage 2 --> It seems to go from snake (stage 1) to bird (stage 2), but besides that this one seems to be well drawn. The leg that is standing on the ground seems to be the only problem that I can find. It just seems to not be stable the way it bends in the middle. Stage 3 --> At first glance, it is hard to recgonize its face because of its pose. Also, the right wing seems to be smaller than the other wing. From there everything looks good down to the feet. The feet on the left: the first one seems to be stepping on the one behind it, and they both seem to be like they are showing of their nails or something, not standing flat. (They look like they are coming straight down because there is no bend at the ankle.) The other two legs seem smaller and quickly drawn. Overall, all of the legs seem to be to close to the legs behind them. The tail is very good, however.

Spoiler:

This looks really good. The only problem I can see is the leg that is resting on top of the other. It looks very blurry and it appears to be floating, not resting. Other than that, this one is really cool.

Spoiler:

This one looks good; I don't really see too many problems.

Spoiler:

These are pretty cool; the one on the right seems to have really short legs compared to its body, and the one on the bottom's right arm seems to be a bit unnatural.

Last edited:

dead-man-walking

Alive and well
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    I really like this one. I love how you can't see his eyes because of the hat. However, some details are hard to see because everything is grey, such as the beard (well, mainly just the beard). I really like what you did with his arms, and the ax is well drawn. The boots are ok; the one on his right looks good, and well drawn the way that it is standing, but the other one just quickly drawn, and it also makes it look like that leg is larger because of the the line coming out of the boot and ending at the cape. Overall, it seems to be really good. I'd like to see what you could do with GIMP and a tablet :D
    Yeah. I realized that I have a soft spot for dark spots (Hell yeah bad puns for teh lulz). I do have some quirks on the left boot. I still resent it now.

First of all, don't worry about people not commenting.. This forum is pretty much dead, haha. But besides that; Stage 1 --> It looks good from the head down to about three lines of squares up, when it starts looking a little messy (well, the scaly part at least.) Then, when it changes from no pattern on its skin to the lines farther down it appears to be really skinny and unnatural. Besides that, it's good. Stage 2 --> It seems to go from snake (stage 1) to bird (stage 2), but besides that this one seems to be well drawn. The leg that is standing on the ground seems to be the only problem that I can find. It just seems to not be stable the way it bends in the middle. Stage 3 --> At first glance, it is hard to recgonize its face because of its pose. Also, the right wing seems to be smaller than the other wing. From there everything looks good down to the feet. The feet on the left: the first one seems to be stepping on the one behind it, and they both seem to be like they are showing of their nails or something, not standing flat. (They look like they are coming straight down because there is no bend at the ankle.) The other two legs seem smaller and quickly drawn. Overall, all of the legs seem to be to close to the legs behind them. The tail is very good, however.
    Arrrgg. Long review is long. D:
    For Stage I, it seems that laziness has gotten the better of me. :P
    For Stage II, refer to Ostrich. I base the legs on der damn birds.
    For Stage III, since it's kinda close to contest deadline, it got a bit rushed. There's actually a version with legs a little spread.

This looks really good. The only problem I can see is the leg that is resting on top of the other. It looks very blurry and it appears to be floating, not resting. Other than that, this one is really cool.
    Well, that's what you get from random shiz born out of boredom.

And he's playing Pokemon Black. No, you can't have him. HE'S MINE!

This one looks good; I don't really see too many problems.
    Thanksee. :D

These are pretty cool; the one on the right seems to have really short legs compared to its body, and the one on the bottom's right arm seems to be a bit unnatural.
    The one on the right is a Dwarf, which explains the short legs.
    The one on the bottom is an armored version of the top one, thus the similar structure.

Thanks for the review deku! :D

drew6464

Spriter and composer
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Jan 8, 2023
    They're all really cool. You're probably better than most people here unless you traced... but you wouldn't let us down like that.

Hopefully.

Trent_Jayir

Who the hell do you think i am
    Years
  • haha I like your little dragon playing on the Ds, it reminds me of Quentin Blake's style.
    I also really like your fakemon, they seem pretty original as concepts to me, sort of like the 'snake'-'bird'-'dragon' sequence because it reminds me of Quetzlcotl and I like the idea of a monstery feathered snakey thing.
    Indiviually, their designs are cool too. I especially like that the last one has a mouth in its chest. Thats nifty xD~
    While I love the look your lines achive, one tip I'd hope you'd consider taking is to make the very outside lines bolder and the inner ones thinner and finer, so you can bring attention to details and they won't get lost and the whole thing won't look quite as 'flat'. Right now you're putting in a really awesome ampount of detail but it gets swallowed up by the whole design because there is a smae level of emphasis on everything, so try to use your lines more effectively in this way and hopefully you'll be happy with the effect!
    (If that didn't make sense then a good example of where you've done this quite effectively is on the little dragon with the ds, the smaller finer scales look really really brilliant without being overpowering and distratcing from the design as a whole. Perhaps a good practice might be to draw your fakemon looking cool using a move or something, because then you can play about with the detail on them in this way :'>)
    I hope this helps!

dead-man-walking

Alive and well
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    They're all really cool. You're probably better than most people here unless you traced... but you wouldn't let us down like that.

Hopefully.
    Up until now, I've never traced anything except a Map for school project and coins for shiz and lulz. :P

haha I like your little dragon playing on the Ds, it reminds me of Quentin Blake's style.
    Thanksee. :)
    I also really like your fakemon, they seem pretty original as concepts to me, sort of like the 'snake'-'bird'-'dragon' sequence because it reminds me of Quetzlcotl and I like the idea of a monstery feathered snakey thing.
    Eh, it's not a Fakemon. I won't design a Fakemon that epic. I'm creating that for a Lore of my own.
    Indiviually, their designs are cool too. I especially like that the last one has a mouth in its chest. Thats nifty xD~
    It's not a mouth. It's functions like some kind of power amplifier actually.
    While I love the look your lines achive, one tip I'd hope you'd consider taking is to make the very outside lines bolder and the inner ones thinner and finer, so you can bring attention to details and they won't get lost and the whole thing won't look quite as 'flat'.
    Right now you're putting in a really awesome ampount of detail but it gets swallowed up by the whole design because there is a smae level of emphasis on everything, so try to use your lines more effectively in this way and hopefully you'll be happy with the effect!
    I always have problems with that. Thanks for the tip. :)
    (If that didn't make sense then a good example of where you've done this quite effectively is on the little dragon with the ds, the smaller finer scales look really really brilliant without being overpowering and distratcing from the design as a whole. Perhaps a good practice might be to draw your fakemon looking cool using a move or something, because then you can play about with the detail on them in this way :'>)
    I hope this helps!
    Wait. I did that without even noticing? D:

Also, and update is coming. Maybe in some hours. Or maybe tomorrow. :D

Years
  • Ooo guy they are reaaaaly good....my fav is the first drawing...the dwarven hunter am i right??...it would be cool if you could make them into sprites :D...LONG LIFE THE DWARVEN HUNTER HEHHEHE...

dead-man-walking

Alive and well
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    Ooo guy they are reaaaaly good....my fav is the first drawing...the dwarven hunter am i right??...it would be cool if you could make them into sprites :D...LONG LIFE THE DWARVEN HUNTER HEHHEHE...
    Thanks. :)
    I can't sprite, though. But, if anyone wants to make a sprite out of any of my babies (lol), you got my permission if you credit me.

Also, holy crap, guys and girls. An update! D:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Oh, and before anyone notices the difference between the Photobucket username and PC username, yes. I AM thirdstranger. Don't ask why.

Last edited:
    Years
  • i will try and if not fail i will pm yyou with the sprite :D..i love spriting and i am medium spriter xD...btw nice wolwes :D

dead-man-walking

Alive and well
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    You could try. :)

HOLYCRAPGAISEUPDATE!!!!!1!!1!!1!1111!!

Some quick sketches. Nothing so "awesome".
    And holy hollers. I drew some boobies! D:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
  • hehehe ..i sprite the wolf now...not finished but i will..i have lot of work with my pokemon hack ;)

EDIT: i finished it....do you want that i pm you with the sprite or??and do you have a picture colored of him?? or any other of him??

Last edited:

dead-man-walking

Alive and well
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    Nah. You can show it here. :)

Sadly I never colored my drawings either. ):

Oh yeah. Character Sheets for Bounty Hunter, Kloth, and (probably) Gorgona will come along this afternoon (Or I hope so).

Bestiary Entry for Raxagus, War Serpent, and Catalyst Giant will come along shortly after that.

That means no drawings 'till Sunday except some doodles. So, have a good time.

dead-man-walking

Alive and well
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    Hm.... It can actually be MUCH better. You should define the line more. Right now it looks very shaky and somehow looked like a bad traceover/pixel-over. ):

Also, he's wielding an axe. You should try another pose and not get restricted to the concept's pose. :)

For colors, Kloth's furs are black. His armor are steel-made. The axe have wooden handle. I'm sure these pointers could help. :)

Also, update time! It turns out that having an A4 White Paper awakens my drawing sense, and I've made two Fakemon lines! Woohoo! :D

However, their stats and learnsets are currently unavailable, together with the Character Sheets. ):

But I'm sure that basic info for Kloth and Bounty Hunter will come along shortly.
    Oh, and I've deleted the meme. Six Megabytes is freaking HUGE. D:

Spoiler:

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • You have nice form. I like the nods to Warcraft here and there.
    Also the Hive is a great website (though I only go on to lurk the challenges anyway).

OT: Have you seen the Hoppip/Skiploom/Jumpluff that Pyritie is making? @@

dead-man-walking

Alive and well
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    oh...i tried my best dude...
    Oh no! Please! D: I'm not angry or anything. )':
    They are just pointers on how you could improve the sprite, that's all. :)

You have nice form. I like the nods to Warcraft here and there.
    Also the Hive is a great website (though I only go on to lurk the challenges anyway).
    Wait. You lurk the Hive? D:
    You should join. Hive's got awesome community. :D

OT: Have you seen the Hoppip/Skiploom/Jumpluff that Pyritie is making? @@
    Yup. But I haven't seen the final product...
    Yet.
    I'm sure he has some wicked plans up under his sleeves for those Models...

Anyways, the Character Sheets! :D

Spoiler:

Last edited:

scotlineV3

I ♥ Krabby Patties (XDDDD)
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2014
    wow

i SAW uR Gallery last days, and i like it, Speccially the Dragon, its my favorte, also i like the Messy Draw , xDDDDD

Aweosme Gallery, Make more! :)

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Wait. You lurk the Hive? D:
    You should join. Hive's got awesome community. :D

OT: Sorry, heh. I'm not much for WCIII anymore, now that I've outgrown it. I still go on to collect textures / models and vote on Arena Polls, but not much else. That being said, I still haven't figured out SCII's Data Editor yet (but I haven't really made an effort to do so).

Now, more on topic: I like your wolf shape. Try doing it from a different angle if you feel like it. Also, I overlooked the Dwarf guy the first time I saw it. I love it, though you need to fix those feet! The one on the left (his right) should be lower in perspective.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back