• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Houndour early

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazygoalie13

DarkBlaze
    Years
    I was wondering if there was a way to get Houndour early in the game in Soul Silver. Is there a way I can get it through the pokewalker, or anything?

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    Houndour is available in Pokewalker course Volcano Path but I think you need the Nat Dex it is also available in the Safari Zone and somewhere in Kanto I believe route 7 but Early in-game I do not believe so no

tetrix1993

Quality-Map Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2011
    Houndour cannot be caught early in the game. I believe you want a Fire-type Pokemon? If so, you can start off by choosing Cyndaquil.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2013
    Trade it off somebody ;)

Yeh, I guess you chose water starter and need something to fend off the grass starter?

Or maybe just personal preference..Or the monotone challenge thing

PalkiaSpace

Panda Hugger <(^_^)>
    Years
    Well... You can't get Houndour Until Kanto, like everyone else has said, but here is some other options until then.

Mentioned:
    Cyndaquil as starter
    Magmar in Burnt Tower -Go during the day they're more common the night or morning

Other:
    On Route 36 and 37, you can get a Vulpix. Evolve by getting Schoolboy Alan's Pokegear #, who is on Route 36. Wait for him to call you saying about finding an item, it will be a fire stone so you can get Ninetails.
    Entei...
    Go back to Goldenrod after beating Ecruteak's gym, get Eevee from bill, and evolve it in the same manner as Vulpix. It's only level 5, so you'll have to do some training.
    You can wait until you get waterfall and get Ponyta on route 27....

I hope some of these helped. :D

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Please use the Quick Answer thread in this forum or you can use one of the hundreds of Pokedexes on the internet for this kind of answer.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back