• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Elemon Dusk

Should I use a modified Castaway battle system or not?

• Yes

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • ELEMON DUSK
    Made in RPG MAKER XP *NOT A HACK*

Elemon Dusk is similar to Pokemon, but it instead uses Elemon (Elemental Monsters) to battle and play with. Here is a list of the differences from Pokemon:

There will be an Elemon (Elemental Monsters) count of 150, all original, by me tomatoman. I have already created all of them, and they will be in the final version.
    There is no Professor (Insert Name of Tree Here) at all; the main character will receive his first Elemon in a different manner.
    There will be no more gyms;
    There will be no more HMs, just items, like a hatchet, or a pickaxe. As for TMs, they will also be nonexistent. Instead, there will be a lot more move tutors.
    There is no Elite Four, instead, there will exist the Elemon Conference, where the player will have to play through 5 rounds, allowed to visit an Elemon Center in between these rounds.
    Preliminary Rounds: 3 single battles
    Qualifying Rounds: 3 double battles
    Quarter-Finals: 1 single battle
    Semi-Finals: 2 single battles
    Finals: 4 single battles
    The Elemon Conference is like a side thing, its not the goal of the game, its like the battle tents, not important.
    The villanous team is called the Marauders, who steal and loot, like actual thieves, not like pansy Team Magma and Aqua, who want to unrealistically cover the planet with earth/sea. They take over cities and islands as well, and have a hierarchical structure.
    The PoliceGoverment Force is called S.A.D.D., Strategic and Administrative Department of Defence
    That's about it.

UPDATE
    BATTLE SYSTEM:

The player will have a max of 3 Elemon at once, because they will all be following the player. The battles will be similar to those of Mystery Dungeon, where the monsters fight in the overworld. Each Elemon has a default attack to use, and then they will use shards to use other more powerful attacks. There will be shards to each different type, and the more powerful the Elemon level, the stronger the attack is, and there will be 4 levels of attack strength, example, Water Gun, and then Hydro Pump, etc.(Its an example, not these moves)When wandering in grass or caves, wild Elemon appear from the grass, or darkness in caves, and battle your Elemon, but only the amount of Elemon you have, for example, if you have 3 Elemon, only Elemon in groups of three will attack. These wild Elemon flee at the end of the battle and drop eggs of their species, shards, and fruits, ¨kinda like berries. When your Elemon faint, they flee into the wild, so dont white out. In trainer battles, they just cannot battle anymore, but still follow you when you lose. Also, to leave other Elemon that you have obatined from eggs, that you cannot carry, you will leave them at your house, in the beginning of the game, or in the ELemon Park, where your Elemon wander about in the garden, max, say 6 in the garden.(Itll look kinda like the daycare center backyard.) To heal your Elemon, you would use a Fruit, Healing Serum,or let them enter the gardens spring, like in Hoenn. While on water, using a raft, like the round yellow inflatable ones, you can only have one Elemon with you on it. Wild sea Elemon attack that Elemon, while yours attacks from the raft. Look at the post with the picture of the kid with the dragon, thats how the battle system wold look kindof like, but obviousy without those kind or styles of graphics.

For this, I`ll need the mystery dungeon starter kit, so credits to crazyninjaguy for that.

There will only be one Elemon to start out with, the old starters will stillexist, just not as starters.

OCELUX

A baby Cheetah , Electric type. Ill upload a drawing of it from my notebook. Trust me, the design is pretty good. It was very well thought out and debated.
    Theres also a firefly... feedback!!!!

losdos.png

Dustin:

Spoiler:

Donna:

Spoiler:

The two characters, Dustin, and Donna, (Dusk and Dawn) (These names are fixed, they cant be changed, you cant put your own name in.) At the beginning, you wake up, and are blindfolded and tied to a chair. A sihlouette appears and punches you in the stomach. He asks¨Tell us Dustin/Donna, why were you at the Wakeland Ruins? Huh?! ¨ The man punches you in the face this time, and Dustin/Donna blacks out. When Dustin/Donna comes to , he/she realizes that theyre in a prison cell. Just then, a guard passes by and drops a key and a note. Dustin/Donna uses the key to open the cell, and finds a cage with an Ocelux inside. He/she frees it, and reads the note. ¨345 Chambers St, Westfalia. Returning the favor.¨Dustin/Donna sneaks through the corridor, and escapes from the prison with his/her Ocelux. Upon leaving, Dustin/Donna hides in the woods and spends the night there. The next morning, Dustin/Donna thinks about what happened. Dustin/Donna realizes he cant remember anything, he examines his jumpsuit, which reads S.A.D.D. He decides that he´ll investigate the building and see what information they have on him. He returns at night, and sneaks in, and takes down all the guards with his Ocelux. He rushes into the Recon office and takes all the papers he can find, while the guards attack with their Lupishads(kinda like rottweilllers). He reads the papers and gasps in horror...

SPOILER ALERT! DO NOT READ REST OF STORY
    Spoiler:

These are old, and not updated with the new story.
    Screenshots

Spoiler:

Thats all I have so far, and I will defintitley update my tiles and some of my maps. I will come out with the list of Elemon soon.

My Checklist:
    Elemon following, check
    Fix Map Connections, check
    OW battles, unchecked
    Wild encounters, unchecked
    Gardens, unchecked
    Story/Plot, checked
    Graphic Overhaul, unchecked

Credits:
    Kyledove´s tilesets
    Flameguru/Poccil´s starter kit
    Crazyninjaguy`s PMD starter kit scripts

Last edited:

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    or you could call this pokemon....I don't mean to criticize you but Digimon has a lot of ways that sets it apart from Pokemon, this game seems a lot like Pokemon, what is it that makes elemon so different

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2014
    Not to repeat what's been said already but...it's still Pokemon. :| lol

And where have I seen those starters before? Cuz I definitely have. Did you post them as examples of something in someone else's thread? I'm just really sure you posted em elsewhere and not remembering where is bothering me haha.

Years
  • I'm okay with it not being called Pokemon, although I hope you come up with more differences than just aesthetic ones. Maybe mix up the elements, or make some major changes in the battle system? Also it amuses me that your Elemon sprites are mixes of Pokemon. :T

I'd work on your tiles a bit, too; the whole presentation looks unprofessional overall, although I guess that's excusable since it's a beta and everything. Keep working! You will only improve with practice.

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
    Years
  • The sprites look a little...clashed with each other, Mainly the One with Blue facing the lake and the shop lady facing the opposite way.His head looks a little bigger and isnt the same style.And not only that, but the sprites seemingly clash with the tiles.But i like the idea.I want to see where this goes.^^

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
    Years
  • Reminds me of the time I tried making a Metal Gear style game, and naming it Metal Fear... After a while i just restructured it into a MGS remake. :/

This game looks way too pokemon. the art style, overworld chipsets, characters, stroyline, battlesystem. Everything has the stench of pokemans.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2010
    Look very good so far.But it does seem a lot like pokemon. Maybe change the names of the elemon? Maybe change the "dawn" characters name because they already have a dawn in pokemon. Oh you also might want to use "non" pokemon tiles also.

Years
  • I´ll definitley use custom tiles and custom sprites, its just a beta, so there´s still a lot left. I think that the Graphics are important, but after all they´re just details. The story and the gameplay is the most important. Don´t worry however, there will be dramatic changes: sprites, tiles, gameplay, menus, battle system.

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
    Years
  • Okay I have like 10 Minutes of Story written out thus far.(because of how fast I normally play through a game,it could cause someone to be at least 30 behind me.)

Question, 298:This is of course the future.So wouln't there be new GYm leaders in place of the old guys I.E. Wattson,Juan,Norman,Blaine,Pryce,and Byron?

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
    Years
  • I will support this 100% I always wondered if someone would take the pokemon concept and make it their own orginal, the only thing is I dont really have a wild imagination. I have a more literal way of Thinking.

rockeymon

Real life Silver Shirubaa
    Years
  • To earlier troubles about him not calling it pokemon don't give him trouble about it. He has created his own game with his own sprites and such and so nintendo can't give him crap if this goes big time. ie. if for some reason he decided to sell the game or make a version that was buyable no one could do anything about it legaly.

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    @Rockeymon if he sells Poccils kit with his graphics and poémon algorithms? Good point he can do that.

@King Charizard Digimon, Monster Rancher, some of the later dragon quest games...

VVV The guy down there has it all sorted out, that's my thoughts exactly VVV

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2014
    To earlier troubles about him not calling it pokemon don't give him trouble about it. He has created his own game with his own sprites and such and so nintendo can't give him crap if this goes big time. ie. if for some reason he decided to sell the game or make a version that was buyable no one could do anything about it legaly.

Um, actually, yes, they could sue if he went big lol. "His own sprites" are splices of offical Nintendo sprites, which makes them illegal to use for commercial purposes. Editting sprites does not make them yours. Also, since he hasn't changed his tileset yet, they could get him for that too. So since none of these graphics are his [until he redoes them completely], you might wanna wait for him to rework all of his graphics before saying things like that lol. He can't sell this without getting sued, but he could easily make it available for download for free with no problem.

And we aren't giving him trouble for him not calling it Pokemon. We're pointing out that this IS Pokemon and he's saying it's different by changing the name. He hasn't provided any of the actual changes he said there are between this and Pokemon, therefore, it's still Pokemon. When he's got his graphics changed and got his plot changes made, and added things that HAVEN'T been done in Pokemon, then we'll be able to accept him saying it's not Pokemon lol.

rockeymon

Real life Silver Shirubaa
    Years
  • Um, actually, yes, they could sue if he went big lol. "His own sprites" are splices of offical Nintendo sprites, which makes them illegal to use for commercial purposes. Editting sprites does not make them yours. Also, since he hasn't changed his tileset yet, they could get him for that too. So since none of these graphics are his [until he redoes them completely], you might wanna wait for him to rework all of his graphics before saying things like that lol. He can't sell this without getting sued, but he could easily make it available for download for free with no problem.

And we aren't giving him trouble for him not calling it Pokemon. We're pointing out that this IS Pokemon and he's saying it's different by changing the name. He hasn't provided any of the actual changes he said there are between this and Pokemon, therefore, it's still Pokemon. When he's got his graphics changed and got his plot changes made, and added things that HAVEN'T been done in Pokemon, then we'll be able to accept him saying it's not Pokemon lol.

I do understand that my point was stop giving him trouble about it my point assumes that he is smart enough to get his own graphics made that outdo those by the time he would release the game lols xD

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    I do understand that my point was stop giving him trouble about it my point assumes that he is smart enough to get his own graphics made that outdo those by the time he would release the game lols xD
    My point kills that theory.

He CAN'T sell poccil's kit, nor can he use someone elses maths D:

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    If nintendo gives him permission...
    Oh god like that would EVER happen.

Years
  • Well, in an effort to distance Elemon from Pokemon, I checked out a few monster battle games. Castaway ( http://armorgames.com/play/5885/castaway ) looks like an interesting idea, like a mystery dungeon style battle, and you can teach your monster new moves instead of the human player, and they charge up with items and stuff. In the game, you can fight multiploe monsters at once and you can only attack when you have attack items, dropped by monsters that you faint/kill. Also, sometimes you get an egg from the monster you kill, and you can hatch it and get that monster. If anyone thinks the idea is good, tell me. I want to know if its viable or not. The only flaw is that if your monster is defeated, then it dies and you have no monster. I will not include this, it just faints or whatever.

I just have no idea how to script this if i decided on it and i absolutley know nothing on scripting. I think thats where my game really suffers, my lack of knowledge of scripting to distance it from pokemon.

Last edited:
    Back