• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Did you think Dawn and Brock's friendship was forced?

What do you think?

• Yes

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    They hardly ever interacted, it felt like cuz they were friends with Ash that they had to LOL.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Well, they had a mutual friendship with Ash. Nobody ever said that THEY were friends

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    You had to bring this disscusion here :\... it's all over the anime spoilers section in serebii :(
    Well, theres lots of hints of friendship and if you look properly Shipping hints!:
    < Admiration :D

< Take that Pearlshippers (even though I support Ikari)XD

< Staring at her in her cheerleading outfit (and under her skirt!) Okay maybe nothin to do with friendship.. just brock bein a perv... still though!

DANNCCEEE :D

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    I had no idea there were DawnxBrock shippers, I know about Mollshippers {MayxBrock}. Any who, I knew about those topics, that Cyb guy gave me the idea to start one here LOL. I guess there were a few scenes here and there between Brock and Dawn, but for Ash me thinks :P Even in that Kenny V.S Ash episode, Brock tried asking her a question and it was like she was ignoring him. I was like, what???

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Their friendship didn't feel as strong as Brock & May and Brock & Misty. It's a shame to since they could've had funny moments together like what happened in the Psyduck roadblock episode.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Wow, Mew, you're asking to be nuked by the Pearlshippers at Serebii XD

Well, for sure I don't think that they had to little of an interaction. While Ash is battling, Brock explains to Dawn what the hell is happening a lot of the time. So I don't agree with the thread statement.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • AdvancedK47 said:
    Well, for sure I don't think that they had to little of an interaction. While Ash is battling, Brock explains to Dawn what the hell is happening a lot of the time. So I don't agree with the thread statement.

What the ****? That's barely any interaction. That's what he does during every single gym battle. The OP clearly means that they didn't have any "We're friends see" moments like he had with the previous two girls.

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Well it does happen often through the course of DP. I would say there was decent interaction between them, but of course, because Ash and Dawn's friendship was a tad lot more strengthened, it makes it seem like Brock and Dawn had nothing at all. Like BFFs for Ash and Dawn but "Yo wassup" for Dawn and Brock. Get my drift? >__> didn't think so.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • AdvancedK47 said:
    Well it does happen often through the course of DP. I would say there was decent interaction between them, but of course, because Ash and Dawn's friendship was a tad lot more strengthened, it makes it seem like Brock and Dawn had nothing at all. Like BFFs for Ash and Dawn but "Yo wassup" for Dawn and Brock. Get my drift? >__> didn't think so.

It's not a good thing that Brock & Dawn interaction took 3 back seats to Ash & Dawn. You just highlighted the fact that their interaction was poor with your statement. Get my drift? Good.

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Yes, I mean somewhat low as in compared to Ash and Dawn's interaction. But the primary statement of the thread is if their friendship was forced, and clearly, it was not.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • AdvancedK47 said:
    Yes, I mean somewhat low as in compared to Ash and Dawn's interaction. But the primary statement of the thread is if their friendship was forced, and clearly, it was not.

List moments when they ever had any real friend-like interaction. There clearly weren't many. It feels like the only reason they're traveling together is because they're with Ash.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Brock and Dawn hardly ever speak to each other, I wouldn't say they were really friends, they just get along with each other. o.O Friendly acquaintance is what I would classify them as.

Last edited:

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Wow, Mew, you're asking to be nuked by the Pearlshippers at Serebii XD
    xD Well I have posted my views onto serebii a few days ago! Some people agreed some people didn't, I think one was a Pearlshipper! Yay me for me for not gettin' nuked!
    But yeah, I didn't really mean much for those to be romantic hints since im a Ikarishipper :D Yeah I guess there still are those hints and stuff! But to be honest... thats all I could really scratch up between them, I guess they don't really talk to eather unless when hes explaining stuff to her. There was that episode, Doc brock, and she started doing everything brock taught her to help heal her pachirisu! And when brock gave her hot milk xD But yeah thats all.. I think! Yeah there will be some hints of friendship in new japanese episode where brock becomes a doctor or somthing, he must say somthing to her at the end like "Take care of yourself dawn, your gonna win the grand festival someday!", me no knows XD

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    That'd be odd if Brock said take care Dawn, since they rarley interacted. But I guess, you have to say some thing to some one you've been traveling with them for years. Even if you hardly said a thing that person.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
  • Eh, I don't really think it was forced. I mean, I figured if it were forced then the two of them would be arguing with each other pretty bad... Or at least to the point that they would see Ash in other places. I doubt Dawn would stick around someone she couldn't stand. So... I kinda think no. Oh well.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    They arent friends with each other, their just mutual friends with Ashy Boy

Back