• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What DON'T you want to see in the new games?

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
  • I for one wouldn't mind seeing the Phone Call aspect removed. It was a nice new little feature in G/S/C, but I think they ruined it with HG/SS. I found myself getting far too many meaningless Phone Calls. The only one that made me laugh was the Biker who says something like: "Hey, you should come and join us Rebels! We like to throw rubbish everywhere on the cycle roads. Then we pick it up, take it home and throw it in the bin. It's great fun!".

Another minor detail - I've hoped since the D/P/Pt games that they would get rid of the new fainting noise and bring back the old one. Something about it really bothers me. It just doesn't fit the battle....atmosphere, so to speak.

Anyways, discuss things you don't want to see return/don't want included.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 7, 2015
    My god, let's finally return that quick moving HP bar from the RBY days. We shouldn't have to wait there 30 seconds watching the little bar dwindle. ._.

Watching any of the gameplay movies would show you that there's a much faster HP bar. It pretty much instantly takes off the HP rather than forcing the player to sit there watching it.

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
  • Watching any of the gameplay movies would show you that there's a much faster HP bar. It pretty much instantly takes off the HP rather than forcing the player to sit there watching it.

Maybe they just sped it up for the trailer, they did that with the most of gameplay footage

Alto Mare

Legendary Trainer
    Years
  • I did like the whole phone thing in SS/HG because you could rebattle a ton of people I already got all the badges, beat red, and all I have to do now is just rebattle the Gym-leaders... so without them I'd be pretty bored and I wouldn't have as much money nor would I have such high leveled pokemon :)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Just a note guys, try to stay on-topic otherwise this thread will end up locked for being too similar to what you want in-game - the parts and features one (and discussing HP bars...isn't really saying what you don't want in the games anymore).

I don't want half of the HMs from the previous generations, personally. Actually, I don't really want most of the key items from previous generations. :(

TheNewRocketMovement

Nothing suits me like a suit.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2010
    I know this is an obvious one but I don't want to see too many legendaries.

Also, I've heard things about them including seasons in Black and White, if this is the case I want them to do it properly, not a week of Spring, a week of Summer, a week of Autumn, and a week of Winter, I'd prefer the in-game seasons to last as long as real life seasons.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I don't want to see the phone system either. I prefer Vs. Seeker for finding rematches. Some of the phone calls are completely pointless. I don't care to see the arranged times you must meet the gym leaders for a rematch, it just seems like a pain to meet them exactly on some of those times.

Tyxomm

Akimoto-Kenta
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2010
    I know this is an obvious one but I don't want to see too many legendaries.

Also, I've heard things about them including seasons in Black and White, if this is the case I want them to do it properly, not a week of Spring, a week of Summer, a week of Autumn, and a week of Winter, I'd prefer the in-game seasons to last as long as real life seasons.
    It's one month for each season.

And I too want to see less legendary's.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2014
    I want HMs to be unlearnable like everyother move in the game. Pikachu shouldnt return >>

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2017
    What I don't want to see:

-The annoying beep of low health continuing even when healing (though they did make it just a tad less annoying. Compare 4th gen to 1st. 4th gen's beeping continued during healing. 1st gen's stopped the moment the lead pokemon's health started to recover)

-A billion legendaries (I would love it if they had a trio, the two or three version legendaries, and a single event legendary. They're getting too wide-spread. When you spent most of the post-game hunting legendaries, you know there's a problem.)

-The Pokemon Follow feature ('nuff said)

-Pokemon from previous games in the regional dex (I don't mind if there's new evolutions and pre-evos in the nat dex though. But I wanna start from scratch with the regional dex)

-A storyline that is an exact copy of every other main series pokemon game (aka going from gym battle to team (insert name here) to gym battle and repeat as necessary).

-Another paper-thin plot (When fangames have more plot than the actual games, there's a problem. I don't mind it if there's a childish plot as long as there's a plot.)

-A single Move Re-learner and Move eraser that to get to, you have to nearly be finished with the game (It's annoying when I really want to get rid of HM moves and have to wait for hours to get to the town with them in it.)

Tyxomm

Akimoto-Kenta
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2010
    Pokemon R/S/E
    had Zigzagoon in almost every route.

Pokemon D/P/Pt
    had Bidoof in almost every route.

this is annoying as hell.
    I'm playing ruby at the moment and i'm trying to search for some grass pokemon, but with almost every encouter it's a damn zigzagoon/linoone.

IMO: every route should have different pokemon, or at least many.

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    I don't want to see the phone system either. I prefer Vs. Seeker for finding rematches. Some of the phone calls are completely pointless. I don't care to see the arranged times you must meet the gym leaders for a rematch, it just seems like a pain to meet them exactly on some of those times.
    I completely agree with you Kenshin5.
    I hope they take that out also and put back in the VS seeker.

chickenofunity

Confused Chicken
    Years
  • I just wish that enemy trainers would'nt use rollout as much. It bugs me so much.. in fact, if Rollout the move did not exist in the new games at all, I would be happy.

Tyxomm

Akimoto-Kenta
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2010
    I just wish that enemy trainers would'nt use rollout as much. It bugs me so much.. in fact, if Rollout the move did not exist in the new games at all, I would be happy.
    The only times i have problems with rollout is with gym leader whitney.

rollout.png

credits: myself

Omnis

Needs to train... A LOT...
    Years
  • R/S/E
    had Zigzagoon in almost every route.

Pokemon
    D/P/Pt
    had Bidoof in almost every route.

this is annoying as hell.

I'm playing ruby at the moment and i'm trying to search for some grass pokemon, but with almost every encouter it's a damn zigzagoon/linoone.

IMO: every route should have different pokemon, or at least many.

B/W: Route 1 - "A Wild Minezumi appears!" one minute later, "ANOTHER Wild Minezumi appears!" and so on/so forth... If you're going to make another Ratatta... don't make it look SO MUCH LIKE BIDOOF...

I want them to make the "Ratattas of the game" a bit less frequent... I mean really, besides using them for HM slaves, what good to they serve?

GaXeL

Feraligatr Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2012
    I DONT wanna see that voltorb flip, its so stupid. What ever happened to getting A LOT of money and just cashing it in for a porygon? xD

Back