• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Miracle Shooter

StyxFTW

Be reckless
    Years
    The Miracle Shooter is a new option that has been brought into Multiplayer battles. Previously, during multiplayer battles, you didn't have the chance to use items. However, when you have the Miracle Shooter option turned on, you and your opponents now have the ability to use items in battle. However, items are not used in the conventional manner in these Wireless Battles.
    In order to maintain balance, the items have to be earned throughout the battle. Whenever you take your turn, you will get a number of points, the exact number of which is yet to be determined, and you can use these points to then purchase the use of the item. Like in the main games, this will take up your turn. There are many items possible to be used but they include items such as Revive, Ether and X Attack.

It seems pretty stupid to me. What do you guys think?

Years
    I'm not too fond of it, but I wouldn't say it's stupid. It's like items in the SSB series. Some people say they take no skill, but it's just a different type of skill. Both players have equal access to the items and there's now a new dimension of strategy that makes players think about there points and the items they purchase.

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
    Well, it'll be interesting. And at leas we can use items now, though how they do it might be weird. If anything, if it really sucks, just don't use it.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I'm really not that into wi-fi, but this sounds cool. I like the concept, building up points to use an item.

Now the problem, I hate how you just gain points each turn. Sounds good but I'd like it if it was through certain attacks such as critical, certain move combinations, use say a powerful special move w/ your high Sp. def pokemon, etc.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    i always thought it was stupid you couldnt have the option to use items in wifi battles, so i think its a great idea, especially since people who say it takes no skill couldnt be more off, you need to know when to use an item in order to use it correctly or you could miss your chance& fail miserably.
    not to mention itll basically make ubers become OU cuz with items,ubers arent so scary.

Years
    i always thought it was stupid you couldnt have the option to use items in wifi battles, so i think its a great idea, especially since people who say it takes no skill couldnt be more off, you need to know when to use an item in order to use it correctly or you could miss your chance& fail miserably.
    not to mention itll basically make ubers become OU cuz with items,ubers arent so scary.
    More then likely it would be banned by fan made meta games like Smogon. However, the Miracle Shooter will make friendly games more interesting.

Shadow01192

RK9 Unit
    Years
    Sacred Ash can't be used in Battle.
    lol that is not only good but rather fortuitous. I haven't wasted the effort to try in battle ever. But the point is a bit valid. Certain items would be a bit brutal, others very amusing. The idea is both odd and off. I am not really sure how I feel about this but I realize it could be bad to be on the receiving end of some things.

Back