• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Somethings bugging me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
  • I was wanting to migrate my Tentacruel from Emerald, obviously they can't know HM moves so I went to get Surf and Dive deleted, the man let me take of Dive but not Surf, it said Tentacruel doesn't want to forget it,

What's this all about ?, Anyone know. It's not a problem now, It's just bugging me as all.

Shiro

Dad! Or should I say... Big cheese of Hoshido?
    Years
  • Aha, I THINK I know the problem.

I had this happen to me before and it's because the game pretty much forces you to have at least one Pokemon to have Surf, likely because of all the water routes. Chances are your Tentacruel is the only Pokemon you have that knows it right now, so the game is forcing you to keep it.

Try teaching the HM Surf to another Pokemon and then try getting your Tentacruel to forget it. Then you should be able to migrate your Tentacruel since another Pokemon know knows Surf.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back