• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Oceanfront Showcase~

aquakip

Art Director, Pokemon Ethereal Gates
Years

• Hello everyone! I am here to showcase a lot of my spriting. I hope you all can enjoy what I have here anc please do comment and criticize on them as much as you like. Be warned, this is my style, so if you ask me to change shading I will probably not do so.

~FAKEMON~
    ~Oceanfront Showcase~
    ~Oceanfront Showcase~
    ~Oceanfront Showcase~
    ~Oceanfront Showcase~
    ~Oceanfront Showcase~

~TRAINERS~
    ~Oceanfront Showcase~
    ~Oceanfront Showcase~
    ~Oceanfront Showcase~
    ~Oceanfront Showcase~
    ~Oceanfront Showcase~
    ~Oceanfront Showcase~
    ~Oceanfront Showcase~
    ~Oceanfront Showcase~
    ~Oceanfront Showcase~
    ~Oceanfront Showcase~
    ~Oceanfront Showcase~

I'll be spriting official pokemon too!

I hope you like them.​

pokepokemo

The RPing Challenger!
    Years
  • Thats some great sprites man,but is saw the old man in the trainer sprites looks like he doesn't have a neck.....

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2023
    Wow! Awesome Fakemon! I love the first two!
    At the 5th, 6th and 7th, did you use that 5th gen fire bug type for a color palet?

Years
  • I like your style! It's not consistent with the offical sprites, but who cares?

The one I really love the most is this one.
    ~Oceanfront Showcase~

The pallet and it's shape I just really find attractive. Your designs are unique but don't look like they've been plucked out of random space. What type of inspirations did you have for their designs?

I enjoy your trainers as well. I agree with pokepokemo about the elderly man's neck. It feels as if the head is just sitting on the torso and not attached. Maybe make some area connect with his body?

Years
  • WOW.

Amazing work you got there. =] I really love your style! I mean, it just looks so ... official? Well, maybe not the works I'd wanna use, but it looks so clean and smooth. x3

I might have a suggestion, the bird line have maybe a darker shade for those green feathers? The shade is a little light to me, but maybe that's just me. I love the clothes and accessories that the trainer sprites had. I like the surfer girl. =] May I ask, why white hair? Just out of curiosity. ^..^;;

Awesome work!

Years
  • I'm suprised this thread hasn't gotten more comments.
    I'm a big fan of your work, ever since seeing your sprites in Pokemon Helio Version's thread.
    Everything, save the 3rd fire bat and maybe the squid looks great.
    I know bat's have narrow eyes irl, but in Pokemon, features are exaggerated to have the monsters appear more vibrant and appealing.
    The squid, while it looks good, doesn't really share the style your other fakes do, imo.

sigeru

Graphic artist(wannabe)
    Years
  • WOW!! I agree with all the other people, the sprites look really official, and amazing.
    Only thing I can critcize is that some shading is a little out in some parts.

Poster

Will pixel art for pizza
    Years
  • These are really good. As everyone here aid, your trainer sprites look fascinating. Except this one, though, which imo needs some proportional improvement:
    ~Oceanfront Showcase~

Your fakemon are also really good, and while they're not really canon, you are exactly using the fifth gen style for them, and they come out good.

~Oceanfront Showcase~
    The evo one is facing profile, though, which is bad ONLY if you're planning to inplement them in a game.

Pixel art-wise, these are really good pieces over all : >

One last thing: I keep getting the feeling that (the final evo)
    ~Oceanfront Showcase~
    =
    ~Oceanfront Showcase~

Anyway, don't mind me ;3

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
    Years
  • Dayum these look great!
    The lineart is so crrisp and smooth, and the trainer proportions are great! I especially love the dude with the surf board.
    And about the shading, well I love it, it somewhat resembles the B/W style. ^_^
    In any case your work is amazing and should deserve more attention! ;)

aquakip

Art Director, Pokemon Ethereal Gates
    Years
  • I sort of forgot I had a thread...

Here's a new pokemon. I posted it on dA a while ago, but seeing as I forgot I had a thread, I didn't post it here.

~Oceanfront Showcase~

And just so everyone knows, I don't change my sprites. I take the constructive crit and use it in making my next designs/sprites so I don't make the same mistakes again. :)

Please c+c

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
  • Jaw dropping, woah. I wish i could sprite like that! The shapes, the colors the shading, everything is perfect. Tat's the only cc i can give you...

Back