• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Our Not-So-Glitchy Story.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
Years
"When Pokemon Red and Blue hit the US, it didn't take long before people started to find.... oddities. For example, if you filled a certain requirement and surfed around Cinnabar Island, you could find an odd mass of pixels named 'Missingno.' After people experimented with the games a bit, they found more and more strange glitches in Red, Blue, and later Yellow versions. Glitch Pokemon, glitch trainers, Glitch City... the odd (and potentially game-breaking) things you could find were seemingly endless. As each generation of Pokemon games were released, more and more things were found. But the glitches of last generation were lost, never to be found... until now."

This story is rated 9+ due to comic mischief and minor violence. It's the first one I've posted on PokeCommunity Forums, so certain things might be off at first. Enjoy! (Comments would be welcome too.)

Prologue_

Time passes slowly in my world. Days seem to span years here, and nothing really happens. Of course that may be because of the lack of living beings in my world- except for myself. I've been the only beast living here for over 1,000 years, or 5,000 years, or something in that range. I was sealed in this world during that time- not long after my brothers' creation. Deities of time and space, they are- and they fought at the drop of a hat. I was usually involved- This world was born at the same time I was. The spats and quarrels of my brothers brought destruction to my world, so I left and joined the fray. This made our mother- the fabled Original One- angry, so punishment was inflicted. My brothers were put into a deep sleep by the vessels of knowledge, emotion, and willpower under our mother's orders. I was given a kinder fate- because I fought to preserve my precious domain, I was to be sealed inside of it- and that was all. Well, you can call it a kinder fate. I might have enjoyed the unending sleep better- it tends to get boring in here. Not that I hunger for battle, of course. A straw training dummy takes care of that. But, since I'm the only creature in here... well.... I get lonely sometimes. I would talk to Mother about it... only she's taken to napping herself. There's not much to do in my dimension other than eat, fly, and sleep. Except for the one obligation Mother gave me- to watch over the Real World from my dimension.

The Real World- Your world, if I'm not mistaken- isn't that much different from my own. (Well, except for the gravity distortions and twisted landscapes in my world. Compared to mine, your world is relatively flat.) I take up a lot of my time watching your world and the events that transpire in it. Sometimes great wars take place, or a drought happens, or your little sister goes out for ice cream. (By the way, if you have Chocolate-flavored ice cream, hand it over. It's my favorite flavor.) It's facinating to watch the lives of you humans as you age, get married, start a family, age some more, and die. Your every companion, every bad experience, every relationship- all those events I can probably remember. Not because I have a sixth sense, of course. I just watch over you that much. (What were you thinking, anyways? I'm a Ghost-Type for crying out loud!) Not that you know that I'm watching. I am able to witness, from your birth to your death, everything that will happen to you, but you won't know I'm there. You won't even know that I exist. Thats because our worlds are separate. The only way I can enter your dimension is by a mirror, and since I don't leave the gate open long enough for anyone to enter, there is no way that you can enter my world. For shame, too. It's quite pretty here.

So there. I guess you had to figure sooner or later that I watched over your race. You probably aren't the only one that knows I exist, however. I've tried to hide my existence on the few occasions I enter your world. Unfortunately, you humans are smart. Some of your kind saw who I was before I could re-enter the Torn World. That's the name of my world, although different legends call it different things like Reverse World, Distortion World- you get the idea. Sometimes whole tribes of humans summoned me to your world for ceremonies, or to ask something of me, oh, say, like help winning a war or something. I have to appear, since Mother told me to assist humans whenever possible. However, once they saw me use my powers and the apparent destruction that resulted thereafter, they limited the summons to a no-other-choice option. Fine by me. After all, I was just too powerful to appear in your world regularly. That's why my brothers are asleep, and why Lugia always stays submerged in the sea. Pokemon like me and my brothers are just too powerful to exist in your world. That's why Mother separated us from you. She was smart.

But, as your race evolved over time... some of you humans decided to get cocky and try to use me for your purposes. Some heard the legends of an alternate dimension and the powerful beast lying therein. And as a result... well... they try to get in. It's a foolish proposition, since you have no apparent methods to get in here. But, of course, you try. By trying, I mean trying my any means necessary, including cannons, guns, arships, whatever they can cobble up. It usually doesn't work. You need an item and special permission from yours truely to enter my world, idiots. At least that's what I would tell them... if they could hear me. They probably wouldn't listen, though. The dummies.

Not that all of your race is evil and bent on enslaving me, though. Some of your kind are heroes, defenders of the innocent who are bent on stopping those who would enslave the human race or cause others harm. A noble cause, too. During my long bouts of watching you, I root for those that try to defend the hapless. Those of you that follow this path... I would probably fight at your side. I admire people like that. Like Darkrai. He tried to stop the fighting between my brothers. It was sad that he was shunned for it, though. He is a kind Pokemon, but he causes nightmares to those that are asleep near him. So he hid in a faraway island. I'm not so sure what he's doing now...
Anyway, perhaps sometime we can fight side by side. You seem to follow that path of the noble hero. Perhaps we will meet one day...

........In fact, I've arranged a meeting. I like you so much that I've chosen you. Don't worry, you'll see me soon. I hope you read this before you get your starter Pokemon. That way, we can start on your all-important task right away. (And please bring Chocolate ice cream with you!)

Sincerely,
Lord of the Torn World

Giratina.

Last edited:

mew_nani

Years
Chapter one_
Life of a Trainer_

I can't believe it! I just can't believe it!"

The now ten-year-old girl jumped and danced around in her room. "I get my first Pokemon today! WOO-HOO!!!"

She sat on the edge of her bed. This particular girl was very excited indeed. For a reason of course. This girl always adored Pokemon from the moment she first saw one as a toddler. Not me, of course. (I'm the narrator, by the way.) I think the pokemon she saw was green, or something. She couldn't remember. Anyway, she immediately rushed down the single flight of stairs into the kitchen, too excited to read that carefully written letter sitting near her darned pillow... Ugh. Are all humans this oblivious? I guess I can't be too hard on her. She is ultra excited... Still though...

In the meantime, she was sitting at the table, devouring a bowl of Corn Flakes. Her mother sat near her, reading the newspa-

"Giratina!"

What? WHAT?!

"This is my side of the story, shouldn't I tell it?"

No. I'm the narrator here, I tell the story.

"But Giratina... Wouldn't it seem better if I tell this part?"

No. N-O. NO!!

"But I brought you your favorite-"

NO!!! HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY THIS?!

"Chocolate ice cream."

FOR THE LAST TI- Wait, what?

"See? Don't you want your ice cream?'

Uhhh.....

"Then let me write this chapter. If you let me do that, then I'll give you this ice cream."

Ugh... I... ...Fine.

"Okay then. Here you go!"

...darn humans. I'll get back at you for this.

"Okay, now where were we? Oh, that's right!"

I was eating a bowl of Corn Flakes that morning, and Mom was sitting to my left reading the pap-

"I ALREADY PUT THAT DOWN! WRITE WHAT HAPPENS AFTER THAT!"

Be quiet. Go eat your ice cream! ...darn dragon.

"I HEARD THAT!!!"

...Anyway, Mom was reading the morning paper. My little sister was sitting to my right, eating Cocoa Puffs. That always was her favorite cereal...

"So, Altima." my Mother murmured. "Have you decided on which Pokemon you are going to choose yet?"

I struggled to swallow my cereal before answering. "Nope. I'm not sure which one I'll pick." I then stuffed my mouth with another spoonful of cereal. What I said was true. I really had no idea which one I wanted. I liked each one of them. It sure would be hard choosing...

"I wish I could get a pokemon like you, Altima..." whispered my three-year old little sister. She sat in her chair, holding on to her spoon. Mom patted her back. "Don't worry Imi. You'll get your Pokemon when you get older, dear." That didn't do much to lessen her frown.

I swallowed my last spoonful of cereal, and rushed toward the door. Mom followed. "Go get your pokemon, dear. Come show your little sister when you get back." she kissed my cheek softly. She always did that when I was going somewhere. I grabbed my bag and put it around my shoulder as I looked in the mirror beside the door. I had on a frown sun hat with a red ribbon around the top tied into a bow on one side. Below that was my shiny, light-brown hair, and my green dress... that had a ribbon on it too...

"This is boring. Skip to the part where you get the Pokemon."

Fine! Fine!

I rushed over to the proffessor's office. Proffessor Cherry was not too fond of those that were late (like I was...) The door was already shut, so I grabbed it and flung it open. She was already standing beside a table, which was... empty?!

"You're late, Altima." A slender, red-haired woman wearing a pair of glasses and a white lab coat observed.

"S-sorry, Prof-ffes-ssor Ch-cherry..." I huffed and puffed.

"And blew the house down!"

Shut UP Giratina!

"What? You always were no fun..."

Anyway, back to the story!

"The other kids already got their Pokemon, Altima."

My breath had already caught up with me by then. "..Oh..." I muttered.

"However... I do have one Pokemon left."

My voice perked up. "Really?" I asked frantically.

"Oh my lord."

What? What now?

"This isn't copying off of the Pokemon TV show, is it?"

Of course not!

"Are you sure?"

Just be quiet. It doesn't turn out like that.

Anyway, the proffessor held up a single Poke Ball. "I saved this one for you. I didn't think the others would treat it right... so here you go."

"Thanks!" I exclaimed. "But... what's wrong with it?"

"Open up the Poke Ball and see for yourself, dear." she ordered.
I did as she asked, and threw it. The capsule-like device opened, and released a red blob. I watched as it morphed into a gold shape. The said shape had a flaming tail, and blue eyes. This shape was a famous one.

"A...a...shiny Charmander?! For me?" I turned to Proffesor Cherry, baffled. "Why me? Why?!"

"I was told to give this Charmander to you by a friend of mine. It's no ordinary Charmander." she answered. "It's a Delta Species Charmander."

"Delta... Species?" I asked. "What does that mean?"

She reached down and petted the yellow lizard. "This Charmander is infused with another type, making it a Delta Species Pokemon. Pokemon like this... that have a type other than their own." The Charmander happily grabbed the proffessor's hand. "This Charmander is part Electric-Type. It can use Electric-type moves like Thundershock, and may have another evolution chain that doesn't lead to Charizard as the final form." She picked up the adorable thind and handed it to me. "This one just hatched today. I want you to take care of it for the time being."

"R-really?" I looked down at the Charmander, who saw also looking up at me.

"Char?" it inquired.

"Take good care of that thing. Also, take this along with you." She then handed to me a red thing. It looked similar to a book. "You should know what this gadjet is, right?"

"Yup." I answered. "It's a Pokedex, right?"

She patted me on the back. "I shouldn't have to tell you what it does, then." Then she led me out the door. "Run along now!"

I turned to her. "Right. Thanks Proffessor!" I looked down at the Charmander. "I wonder what I should name you..."

"Char?" It answered, giving me a confused look.

"Okay... umm... well... uh..."

I shook my head. "I'm not coming up with anything...."

"Charmander, char." The thing pointed to a puddle of water in the pathway. I walked over to it.

"What is i-?"

Suddenly the puddle turned into a vortex. I looked around as a whirlpool of air dragged me inside...!

mew_nani

Years
In case you were wondering who it was arguing with Giratina in the beginning of Chapter one, it was Altima. They're taking turns writing this story (reluctantly I might add.) and they'll quarrel all through the story. (can't they just get along?) Anyway... here's Chapter two.

Chapter Two_
Enter the Torn World_

Ugh... What was I thinking, letting you write the first chapter...? You write horribly.

"Do not!"

Do too. The puddle thing was gonzo. Besides, it wasn't a puddle. It was a mirror located next to the proffessor's doorstep! ...Well, at least you got the Pokemon right. That would have been horrid if you falied to get that crutial part right.

...I guess I should start now...

Altima awoke to find herself in a strange pla-

"Giratina! I was awake when I was brought there!"

Was not. You were out cold.

Anyway, Altima stood up. The path in front of her was twisted, almost to the point of going upside down. There was no clouds, no blue sky. Instead, a purple veil shrouded her. This was a very strange world indeed. The Charmander lying beside her stood and shook itself. Altima crouched down and patted it on the head.

"What... what happened? Where... are we?"

She picked up the Pokemon, and started walking foward. Immediately she started to notice that her body was starting to go sidways parallel to the path she was walking on. Before she knew it, she was standing upside down. She looked downward. Other pieces of ground floated below her, unattached to anything. She shivered in fear.

"What... is this place?!"

The Charmmander suddenly wriggled in her arms. Startled, she dropped it. It fell on it's knees, then stood up. (Or down. They were still upside down.) It started shivering violently. The thing was afraid.

"Char...." It murmured. It's huge eyes drooped, and it was curled up somewhat. It apparently sensed something in this place. Something scary. Sparks were beginning to shower off of it, and as it shivered, it's whole body was enveloped in it. Altima was shivering too. This place was obviously foreign to her. And how were they supposed to get back? Would she be stuck here forever? The poor girl was almost as afraid as her Charmander. And then suddenly, a roar rang out over the perverted landscape. It sounded unearthly, and high pitched. She looked down again, to see a huge black shape fly beneath her. This shape was odd too- it looked snake-like, with six black threads extending fron it's upper back, three on each side, with glowing red tips. The threads were curled as if they were wings of some type. It zoomed past to the right. And suddenly she heard a slightly dark, masculine voice in her head. My voice.

Come to me... I told her. Shivering, she obeyed. She followed the path as it curled upright again, her Pokemon close behind. from there, the path turned into stairs, going down about three flights. Then there was a platform, and another path down. During this spot gravity seemed to be lighter. she seemed to float along the path as it turned sideways. then there was another platform. These paths and platforms had life on them; there were plants and small trees, and that was it. At the third platform gravity again stabilized. From this platforn was a rock, which served as an elevator. She hesitated when she got to this part. Then she heard my voice again in her head. Jump on. She did as I told her. The elevator went down some ways before resting at another platform. This one was huge, about a hundred or so feet in width and about seventy-five in length. She went to the center and stood there side by side with the Charmander, as the huge shadow that she had witnessed earlier land on the platform a few feet in front of her.
This shadow gradually gained color, untill finally it regained all color. She noted the red and gray bands across my chest and stomach, and my long tail, adorned with golden spikes. Then she looked to my face. She looked at the golden mask across my face, and my blood red eyes. Then she watched as I curled my body slightly, like a serpent. I let out another shriek, and finally settled down.

"So... You are Altima, correct?"

Not that I said that aloud. I just used my telepathy and made it sound like I had said it aloud. Don't give me that look. My brother Dialga has telepathy, too. Almost every legendary has it.

Anyway, I think she fainted after that. She lay on the ground, unmoving. That Charmander was too. Impatiently, I sighed. This human was more trouble that I thought. But I forced myself to wait patiently until she woke back up. When she did, she took one look at me and started screaming, and shuffling backward. "What are you?! Go away! Get away from me!"

"WOULD YOU JUST SHUT UP AND BE QUIET?!"

She paused after I screamed that.

"B-but.. w-what a-a-are y-you-"

"I am not going to eat you. And I am a Pokemon, just like that Charmander beside you." I interrupted.

"But.... you're one I've never seen!" she responded, still shivering.

"Ugh... of course not." I hung my head down. "I have to remain hidden from your kind. Only a select few have heard of me."

She stopped shivering and stood up. "...Oh...."

I started floating again. "I happen to live in this world. This world is an important one, too. It lies right beside of your world, and never intercepts it." I explained. "No one, other than you, never get in here. If they did, they would try to catch me. The reason you're here... it's because I need you for something. Do you understand?"

She lifted up her finger in protest. "But... me? Why would you need me?"

I sighed. "Did you even read my letter?"

"What letter? There was no letter..."

"A blue one. Beside of your pillow." I looked to the left. "I left it especially for you, explaining who I am and what I need you for. And I see that you didn't read it. That makes this more compliated that it has to be." I shook my head again. "The reason you're here is because I chose you for this all-important task, and no one else. Do you understand what I've said so far?" I turned to her.

She nodded. "Yes, I think. But what important task? What are you talking about.. um..."

"Giratina." I told her. "That's my name. G-I-R-A-T-I-N-A. Do you understand now?"

"Oh. But... what task are you talking about, Giratina?"

"Come with me." I floated off slowly, leading her to the right edge of the platform. There was a strange, circulating shape, filled with an image.. of her house.

"Do you see this?" I flew beside the shape. "This is a window I use to gaze upon the outside world. With this window, I can look upon any place I choose." I looked at her. "In this window, I am about to show you the reason why I need your help."

The window circulated rapidly, and slowed down. It showed a bizzare object, slightly resembling a Tetris block. It was glitchy and odd, and it was tethered to a table. Beside it was an array of scientific equipment. A person with a long needle slowly stepped toward the shape as it struggled frantically. It let out various screams in an unknown language... that Altima somehow understood.

"No! Please no! Let me go! No! NO!!!"

Then the image went away, and the window was black.

"Did you see the shape strapped to that operating table?" I asked her. "That is the reason I need you. This Pokemon is being used in various experiments. These experiments are aimed at turning ordinary Pokemon into glitchy creatures like that one. These glitch Pokemon will do significant damage to anyone and anything near them. If this isn't stopped..." I turned away from her. "The whole world may be at risk."

I turned back to face her. "Do you understand now?"

She frowned. "...yup. The way that thing was screaming..." she turned away.

I floated beside her. "You have the ability to understand the Glitch Pokemons' language. If you can free them, they will be able to help you." I looked at the Charmander. "That Pokemon there... it's immune to the effects of glitches. Delta Species have that benefit. I believe that's why she was sent to you."

"She?"

I flew upward. "I will send you back into your world. You will find some things on your desk that will aid you with this task." I opened my mouth and fired a shot of energy. This energy expanded like a spider web and opened a portal to the Real World. I watched as Altima and her companion was drawn inside...

There. See? I can write better than you can after all!

"WHAT?! You call THAT better?!"

Well, it is. It would have been terrible if you wrote this part. I might have had to throw it away!

"WHAT DID YOU SAY?!"

Don't look at me. It's not my fault that you write like a third-grader.

"...grrr..."

What kind of growl was that? You sound more like a Starly chirping than a growling beast.

"Says you. At least I don't sound like a woman when I open my mouth."

WHAT?!

(lol. :D)

Last edited:

mew_nani

Years
Chapter Three_
Start of Disaster_

There. it's MY turn to write.

"No, it isn't."

Is too.

"You're not good enough to write. Let me do it."

You already wrote the last chapter! It's my turn!

"...grrr...."

I arrived back in my room. Nothing had been tempered with-

"It's TAMPERED with, Altima. TAMPERED WITH!"

...Right. Anyway, nothing had been tampered with.

"Okay, then. Thank you!'

...?

I was stunned by what I had just seen. Giratina? The glitch thing I had seen in the window? My Charmander? Nothing seemed to make sense. Obvioulsy no one gets a Shiny charmander sent to them, and they don't get sucked into another dimension. What in the world was going on? I sat on the bed. In the corner of my eye a saw a royal blue envelope sitting near my pillow. I opened it. There it was. Just as Giratina said... he did leave a note for me after all.

"Finally! She reads it!"

SHUT UP ALREADY!

And... I read it.

... Why are you monologging all through this letter Giratina? You sound like Syndrome from The Incredibles!

"I do not. Besides, it is NOT monologging."

Is too!

'Is not. Legendary Pokemon DO NOT monolog. Thats what bad guys do. Do I look like a bad guy to you?"

Yes.

...Chocolate ice cream? You like it THAT much?

"Umm....uh.... I .... uh...."

Never mind. Forget it.

The Charmander that had been with me all this time tugged at my shoulder.

"Your ARM, dummy. That thing can't reach your shoulder!"

Ugh... Will you ever shut up?

"No. Continue."

Okay...

Anyway, the Charmander tugged at my arm. She pointed to my desk. "Char?"
I looked at the desk. On it were three objects; a horn-like instrument, a shadowy-looking sphere, and a Pokedex? I walked closer to the desk, and started to hear a voice.

"Hello? Can you hear me?"

I grabbed what seemed to be the source of the noise- the horn- and spoke into it.

"Giratina?! What the-"

"Ah! I see you found the Rock Horn I left you." the scratchy voice responded.

"Rock... Horn?"

"Yes. This Rock Horn your're holding can be used to communicate with me in the Torn World."

"Torn World?"

"Where I live, dummy. Where you have been the last half hour or so."

"Oh."

"You can speak into this device anytime you need my assistence or feel like talking to someone. The orb you see on your desk is a Griseous Orb. It not only allows passage into the Torn World, but If you give it to me when I appear in this world, I'll retain the form you saw me in earlier."

"Form? You... change form?"

"Yes. in the Torn World, I retain my Origin Forme- the one in which I look like a big serpent- but if I leave the Torn World, I'll change form into my Alternate Forme, and look completely different." I took up his Griseous Orb and held it in my hand. "Since that Griseous Orb contains matter from the Torn World, I'll retain my Origin Forme reguardless if I'm in your world or not. Use it sparingly. And finally.. Do you see the Pokedex-like object on your desk?"

"Yes." I responded.

"That isn't a Pokedex. That is a Glitchdex. It records both the data for Non-Glitch Pokemon and Glitch Pokemon."

I was confused. "But I already have a Pokedex... why do I need this one?"

"A normal Pokedex can't record data on Glitch Pokemon. If it tries to, it'll break, and you'll have to get a new one. This Glitchdex will be able to record data on even the most dangerous Glitch Pokemon without breaking. A useful feature for you, I'm sure." Giratina answered.

I shivered a little. "Really? Are they that dangerous?"

"Some of them are. Not all of them, though." A sigh spat out of the Rock Horn. "Talk to me whenever you have a problem. This is Giratina, over and out."

I ssat on the bed. At least I wasn't crazy... though I had to wonder about the Glitch Pokemon. In all my life, I've never heard of them. Could they even be real? That thought drifted out of my head as I remembered what Mom wanted me to do before I left. I was supposed to show her the Pokemon I got. Hurridly, I stuffed the Rock Horn, the Griseous orb, and the Glitchdex in my bag, then picked up my Charmander and rushed downstairs.

"Hey Imi? Look what I got-"

There was no one there. Two empty bowls and a newspaper lay on the table. The door to the fridge was wide open. I heard munching noises coming fron behind the door.I cautiously tip-toed over to the fridge and looked into the fridge. A grayish form was hurridly munching down apples. This form was hunched down, crouched down almost. And then it looked up at me and stopped eating... and let loose a loud shriek.

There. Who's the better writer NOW?

"Me. It will always be me. You will always stink as a writer."

We'll just see about that, dragonbreath.

I HEARD THAT!

Back