• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi everyone, and a bunch of questions!

Tekei

Meta Gamer
Years
  • Hey there.
    I've been reading these boards on and off whenever I feel like playing Pokémon and tbh I can't remember when I registered.

I won't be getting my hands on B&W for me and my Girlfriend for another month or so, and I figured I'd plug in my pokemon pearl again to get back into it while I wait.

Now, I've never been one of those hardcore collectors that have every pokemon out there and I don't think I've ever managed to get a full pokédex. That said, I do enjoy collecting pokémon (if that isn't obvious enough since I enjoy these games) and I have some questions regarding some of the more rare pokémon out there.

I live in Sweden where pokémon events aren't very common, and I don't enjoy hacking my games. I do want my collection to be "legit". I also want to get my hands on pokémon like Shaymin, Articuno, Celebi etc, and I was wondering what it usually takes to get one of those in a trade. Do I need to spend months trying to find a certain shiny pokémon with the right set of IVs or is there anything else I can do to increase my chanses of finding someone who is willing to trade these pokémon with me?
    I am quite new to trading pokémon with other people than the ones I know in RL so bare with me :)

P.S: I hope I posted this in the right section. I didn't see a section for newbie questions ;)

/Sincerely, Tekei.

Siimo

Rawr.
    Years
  • Welcome back, I think. You registered in May 2007 so technically your not a newbie ^w^

Anyway, the Pokecommunity has changed since 2007 so you need to recap on the rules and FAQ so you don't get yourself in trouble.

I've been a Pokefan for as long as I can remember. Back with Pokemon Yellow. Ah, good times. I'm also not getting White just yet. I don't have a DSi so I can't use my WiFi at home because its a WPA. D : So its useless without being able to trade and battle.

Anyway, welcome back and have a great time!

Tekei

Meta Gamer
    Years
  • Right, thanks for the quick answer. It seems this was the wrong section for asking questions and I apologize.

Again, thanks for your reply. I'll see if I can find an apropriate section for my questions :)

Back