• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Over the years

dajman1996

Novice Turbo Duelist
Years
  • Prelude and the Birth of Pokemon.

Something really special happened, around the 1970's in Japan, there was boy hoping to become a bug catcher when he grew up, but unfortunatly all the parks, bushes and other habitats filled with bugs, were destoryed and replaced with paving area's so all the bug hunting area's were lost. The boy's name was Satoshi Tajiri, I don't know if he actually wanted to grow up to be a bug catcher but catching bugs during his child hood had inspired the idea which soon Pocket Monsters (Pokemon)

Finally he had launched the idea, on Feburay the 27th 1996 in Japan, the game was a massive hit and due to great sales of Pocket Monster's Red and Green versions, Blue version with the Cerulean Cave where the lgendary Mewtwo waits for you, had come out, of course back then all of us kids were still into other gameboy games like Tetris, Mario and all his other games along with crappy China 100 in 1 games where only 3 worked.

But thanks to all people in Japan, Red version and Blue Version had been localized and translated as well as reprogramed for the U.S (The world) where it became a thing, that Kid's studied, put all their attention into and skipping homework just to find the weakness of Pyshic types, it also became a thing where parents and adults scratched their heads confused of this concept of 151 creatures, it became a thing banned in school's and religions. It was Pokemon!

Next part: Pokemon in America part 1

Feel free to post how you felt about being part the first generation of Pokemon or which generation you grew up with.

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
  • I was definitely in since the first generation of Pokémon. I still remember my first card that I got from a kid on the bus: a base set Rhyhorn. I probably still have that card somewhere...

My first vg experience was Red. I didn't get the game until 1999-2000, though, but had hours of fun. Then, a little over a year later, bought Gold (gotta love being old enough to have a job), loved that one to death. Had an N64 given to be by a neighbor, so I ended up buying Pokémon Stadium, later Stadium 2, and loved both of those. I miss those days, very much...

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
    Years
  • My very first Pokemon experience occurred at a young age. I think it was 1999, at a friend's birthday party. He was playing around with a toy Pokedex, which he eventually gave me. It might still be sitting in my closet somewhere.

That event initiated my love for Pokemon. The following year, I went to the store to buy Red, but I instead bought Gold, which had just come out.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I was watching Pokemon since the first generation, which I enjoyed a lot. The second generation was very enjoyable as well. The third was pretty good, not to bad, not to good. The fourth generation began to bore me and I started to lose interest. The fifth generation, I haven't even tried watching it.

As for the games, I began playing since the third generation, then I got the first generation, then the second, then finally the fourth. I haven't played the fifth yet, but I do plan on doing so later on.

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
  • Though I didn't actually own a first generation game until right before Gen 4, I remember my cousin had blue version and let me play around with it (Just as long as you don't delete anything!)

I watched the anime up until advanced, where everything began to bore me. (Want to give the new season a chance though)

Back