• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Starting Big

Years
  • Hey everybody! I'm new to the pokecommunity forums but I want to jump right in. I've already started my own Pokemon Hack! If anyone wants to help, please let me know! Also I can't seem to find some tools (advance text in particular) so if somebody has those that would be great!

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Well hey there, Warioman! o/

Already jumping right in to starting your own hack, huh? Jeese, someone's industrious. I kinda just played with the different tools for a while to get an idea of what I could do with 'em when I first started out. Then again, I'm assuming you must have a storyline and such all worked out by now. I somewhat lacked that. Haha.

Buuuut you're really not gonna find too much help here in New Users / Welcome. Best to turn your attention to the Emulation boards. PC isn't just about ROM hacking, so many of our members have no idea what you're talking about~ Same goes for tools. Just look around, my friend. You'll find 'em.

Good luck, and welcome aboard. :]

Years
  • Herro sir. Welcome to the Community!

On the subject of finding tools for emulation, I would suggest looking on the pages of existing ROM hacks, as Hiidoran already pointed out. Look at the more successful hacks, and then look at their pages, and then look at the tools they used.

Also, I suppose creating a topic in some sub-forum of the Emulation Boards would help to, but it all boils down to preference.

Anyway, best of luck to you sir. Also, if what I suggested is against some rule of the site, I apologize. (You know, with the Admin posting before me and all that...)

Last edited:
    Back