• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Seasonal Photography Draft

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023

Bright lights and cameras flashing...!
    ...is what you'll experience someday, 'cause you're a skilled photographer who won first place in the Get-Together 8's Seasonal Photography.

You almost webbed a victory...
    Buuut you just missed out. Second place is still good though in Get-Together 8's Seasonal Photography!

Seasonal Photography Participant
    No awesome descriptions or anything, but you participated in the Get-Together 8 event <s>and hopefully next time you'll be a winner</s>.

Get-Together 8​

→ Seasonal Photography

Presented to you by Captain Fabio and Forever

What does this event entail?[/CSS-DIV]
    We want you guys to grab your cameras and get snapping! Basically, we'll be giving you a theme, and you take a photo to suit that theme. Your photo can be taken whenever, basically, as long as you didn't enter it in past Get-Together's. Also, you're not allowed to use image editing software at all except to resize your image, sorry! [ If you're posting the actual image, remember to put it in a spoiler, or just link it. ]

How is it played?[/CSS-DIV]
    Round One / "Summer"
    Everyone posts their photos to suit the first theme. Depending on where you're located, it may not be summer for your part of the world, so that's why we're allowing photos from the past.
    15th - 16th

Round Two / "Winter"
    The top 6 are chosen, and need to post their photos to suit the theme.
    16th - 17th

Round Three
    The final two are chosen and must take photos suiting the final theme. Again, they can be from whenever.
    17th - 18th

Judges?

Prizes?[/CSS-DIV]
    Only those who place in top 2, as well as participants get emblems.

Bright lights and cameras flashing...!
    ...is what you'll experience someday, 'cause you're a skilled photographer who won first place in the Get-Together 8's Seasonal Photography.

You almost webbed a victory...
    Buuut you just missed out. Second place is still good though in Get-Together 8's Seasonal Photography!

Seasonal Photography Participant
    No awesome descriptions or anything, but you participated in the Get-Together 8 event <s>and hopefully next time you'll be a winner</s>.

Have fun! If you have any questions or concerns, send either of us a private message. :)

[ idk, I'll work on emblems after, but for now the rest is basically planned imo, yay for stealing css from my other one, lool ]

Last edited:

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Presumably, we'll be allowed to actually use Photoshop for it's original purpose (good lord!) and tart up the photos by adjusting the colour levels (or other image application)? This to combat the fact that we might have a rubbish camera, plus makes the photos look awesome. I'm not saying substantially editing the photos of course (like actually changing what's in them), as in just a few tweaks.

Also - loving the gradient on the title. :P

Years
    Personally, I am against the use of image editing software.
    Regardless of what camera you use, you can still take amazing pictures, but understandable it is a little harder, but I have taken great pictures with just my phone; I actually won one GT with just pictures from my phone, so it isn't impossible to win.

Anyway, we will see how Nica feels and if there are conflicting interests, me and her will talk it over! :3​

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Oh no I'm fine with that, I just forgot to include it...XD

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Are we allowed to use Photoshop or whatever, purely to crop the photo / downsize it? I know a lot of entries are going to have massive resolutions, and scaling down makes sense.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    You can only resize. Cropping defeats the point of framing when taking the photo for me, so I say no.​

Yeah agreed with you Fabio :3 Btw, find me three images to make emblems out of, I'm lazy.

Back