• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] (FerrisWheel) Imperfectum: Part 1 of 3 in the Amicitia Trilogy

toptheworld

Crash Addict
Years
  • I'm using Latin here instead of English. At least for the names.

Amicitia (amity) Trilogy
    Book one: Imperfectum (imperfect)
    Book two: Itinere (journey)
    Book three: Sententia (decision)

This is a Ferriswheel (NxTouko) shipping trilogy. It is also an adventure series, meaning I intend to entertain both romance and adventure audiences. I also have this on fanfiction.net, the link to my profile in my signature. Here's chapter one/prologue of Imperfectum:

Rated 16+. Any scenes that are not involved in that rating will be cutoff. For those, you will have to read offline.
    --

Imperfectum;

Latin for imperfect

"I dare you to try," she hissed, her hand going to her belt in search of her final Pokéball. Her hand tightened around the small blue and red ball that grew the second she touched. She wavered, closing her eyes as the unsteady ground shook beneath her from her opponent's Reshiram's grand entrance. The ball grew in her hand as her arm shot up, threatening to throw it with a shaky grip. The opponent watched with patience as he bit his tongue, deciding once again not to offer to let her forfeit. She had already declined with a dark glare each time, reminding him she would win. So he decided not to say anything. Despite this, his Zoroark stood by him much less patiently.

"I choose you Victini!" the brunette called, albeit quietly. The half-dead Legendary sprang out and watched the enemy with a dirty look. The Zoroark stood out threateningly, protecting his green-haired owner.

"Your move," N whispered, though Touko understood by how he motioned. She took a breath and pulled out her last Hyper Potion and gave it to her Victini. He chirped after absorbing the healing potion as N prepared to attack.

"Go Zoroark, use Night Slash!"

The large human-like creature screeched at his opponent as he jumped towards the small Legendary before him. N was sure that he could see a glimmer of fear in the Victini's unwavering gaze before it ear twitched to his owner's command.

"Victini, dodge, and then use Shadow Ball!" she yelled, voice cracking as eyes avoided the concerned gaze of her opponent. The small Victory Pokémon did as ordered, jumping up and stepping on Zoroark, before jumping up and using Shadow Ball on him. He attempted to move, but was hit too quickly. Victini, with a small smirk, landed gracefully, but gave Zoroark just enough time to recover.

"Zoroark, use Focus Blast!" he called, and Victini wasn't as lucky this time. Touko gasped as the Illusion Pokémon attacked her small friend, who flew back against her, causing her to stumble back and fall down. Her Victini was still conscious, but just barely. He jumped up and glared, turning to Touko, waiting for her command. She smiled at him before mimicking his actions.

"Use Flame Charge!" she exclaimed, and Victini did as ordered. Bathing himself in flames, the creature burst a whip of flames at the Zoroark, who dashed past it, then used Focus Blast one more time. Touko's eyes widened, realising that Zoroark wasn't going for Victini, but her. She tried to move, but her legs failed her. She was already numb as it was, but now that she couldn't move, she realised she wouldn't be so lucky as the several other times N's attacks almost hit her.

The brunette shielded her face, awaiting the impact of a supposed strong and painful blast, but felt nothing. She stood for a few moments, before uncovering her face and finding a fainted Victini before her, and a sly Zoroark who seemed to have the slightest smirk on his face. She soon realised the outcome of the earlier events. Touko gasped, falling forward and pulling Victini into her arms.

"Touko I…"

"Get the hell away from me!" she screamed, her grip tightening around her dear friend. Her voice was cracking, and N stumbled backwards at the unexpected sight; a crying owner protecting her fallen companion. He returned Zoroark to his ball, before walking across the shaky platform to his rival.

Hair covering her face and her Victini, N noted that her back grew and fell due to her heavy breathing, but nothing was more evident than her quiet sobs as she pulled out her Great Ball and returned Victini to its safe home, somewhere where he wouldn't stand in harm's way. N continued forward, stopping a step away from the crying girl. All he could think of doing was reassure her.

"If it's any consolation…" he started, but piped down as Touko shot her head up and gave him a dark stare. Cheeks rosy and lip pouted, N could feel his heartstrings tug at the weak being before him. Compassion, guilt, remorse were all things he could tie to this certain emotion.

"What?" Touko spat.

"If it's any consolation, that was the most amazing battle I've ever taken part in," he stated dutifully.

Touko knew she should've been shocked by this statement. This was coming from a man who was against all things related to battles. He said so himself; a world black and white, no hazy grey, just Pokémon and humans living in two separate worlds, as close as they may be. Touko knew that she should've accepted this statement differently, but the only feelings that rushed through her were hatred. An anger built inside of her that shouldn't have been there. Just an hour ago, before this battle, at seeing his bedroom, she felt horrible. He was a child stuck in a man's body, and she needed to get him out. But now, all of that was gone. Touko wanted nothing more than to run away and protect herself from this monster before her.

"Don't give me that ********," she cursed. His eyebrow rose at her reaction before she stood up. Bodies too close for comfort, Touko spat at his feet before turning on her heel and walking towards the grand door.

But she wasn't getting away that easily.

She quickly saw Ghetsis, with his tea green hair just like N's, walk in with a smirk at the sight. Touko ignored him and brushed right past him, but stopping at the sight of Cheren and Alder, who caught on at what had happened as Touko had walked off.

"I'm sorry," she croaked, running up against Cheren, who caught her in his arms, holding her in a tight grip. "I'm so, so sorry!" she sobbed, not daring to look at either of them.

"It's alright," the elder comforted, though he wasn't too sure to be honest. He was afraid that this would happen, but whatever fear he had washed over him at the determined Touko who had strutted into the throne room not long ago. It was so different now though.

"It's over," Ghetsis smirked humbly, his voice edging with the darkness that he was. "And my lord N won, not that I'm very surprised."

Cheren's grip slackened from around Touko, who looked up at him. His glare was caught with a maniacal stare from the Sage. Touko turned to see him laughing just the slightest bit, and N who was looking away, but she wasn't sure of what. The second she had stepped away from Cheren, he looked at her, almost apologetically.

"Not if I have anything to do about it," her dark-haired friend growled, hand reaching for his Serperior. Touko was about to halt him, but not before hearing her rival scoff.

"That's hilarious," he smirked, his expression from before lost. "You barely defeated the Elite Four, something Touko and I did with ease." Despite his mocking tone, he was readying himself to pull out Zoroark if it had been deemed necessary. Cheren hissed, glaring at N, who strangely enough, glared back. They both prepared to start their battle, but Cheren was caught off guard by Touko's vice grip around his wrist. He turned to her, who shook her head.

"I'm sorry Cheren," she whispered, the double-meaning in her words stabbing at his heart. He dropped his arm and looked at the ground. He too was aware of this fact, but he couldn't bring himself to admit it. Touko let go, looked at the Sage and King, and turned to walk off, yet again. She threatened to run, not able to breathe this air, not able to turn around and see once more what she had just done. She was Atlas. She had the world on her shoulders.

But she was too weak. She had let it drop beneath her as she herself tried to regain balance quickly enough to save it from breaking. It was too late. It cracked, and the crack rippled through the sphere before shattering all at once. It was over, and Unova was theirs. Team Plasma won.

She continued forward, not daring to look back, but unexpectedly running into something. Touko looked up, blue orbs searching for something clarity at what she was standing before, but saw nothing but a pair of tea green eyes looking back at her. She stepped back, and realised that it was the Shadow Triad, blocking her escape from the throne room.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" she hissed, threatening for her Zekrom, but realising he too was out for the count. Her arm dropped, carefully stepping backwards. The three neither budged nor made any sort of reaction. She grumbled under her breath before carefully returning to the red-haired champion. Or ex-champion, as he was now. It was N's turn, she noted.

"So what now?" the trainer whispered, shaking the slightest bit. Alder did not falter. He stared at Ghetsis, before pulling something out of a pocket subtly. Touko was hesitant at first, but took it the moment he proceeded to hand it to her. She looked at him, before averting her gaze to the object in her hand. The yellow crystal signified rebirth, and confusion filled her mind. "I can't fight…" she mumbled, clutching the Revive.

"It's not for fighting," he noted smoothly, turning to Cheren who still had a downcast gaze. "It's for escaping."

Touko's head shot up to the giant hole in the wall behind N and Ghetsis. Of course, it was the only available way out, and if anything, dying was not what she had in mind. Ghetsis glowered impatiently, almost as if waiting for some sort of response from her.

The ground continued to shake, but suddenly the vibrations were much stronger. The two shot their heads back to the door that the Shadow Triad shielded and they could just barely note a swarm of Plasma grunts prepared to snatch away their Pokémon. Touko turned back to Ghetsis and N, biting her lip.

"We won't be needing you anymore," N stated, rather harshly. Touko's gaze lowered as her forehead creased in anger. N neither reacted nor commented, but just watched as the grunts stormed their way over to Alder and Cheren. "Touko, on the other hand…"

"What?" Cheren hissed, fully aware of what was going on behind him, prepared to bolt for the hole in the wall. "What about Touko?"

"Touko will be coming with us," the green-haired teen hissed, not very pleased with Cheren's snide comments. Touko and Cheren both jumped at the statement, surprised. Going with him? Where?

Before the two could ponder much longer, Alder grabbed both their wrists and ran towards the giant hole. Touko watched with shock as she was pulled by the strong man who dashed right by Ghetsis and N, the former tumbling back. The footsteps behind them grew louder and all three realised they didn't have much time left.

"Now!" Alder ordered. Touko pulled out an Ultra Ball and carefully dropped in the Revive. The silent but confident call from her Zekrom informed her that he was conscious and ready. Touko smiled at the red-haired elder, who halted merely steps away from the gap.

"Stop!" voices behind them called. The three turned around, watching the members sprint towards them, N standing just in the lead. Cheren stepped in front of Touko the slightest bit protectively, to which Touko shielded herself. Right now, only they could distract them as she prepared their getaway.

"What do you plan on doing with me?" Touko yelled, before biting her tongue. Had she really wanted to know the answer to this? As if she didn't already know.

"Touko, you know that I won't hurt…"

"Answer me," she growled. N's stance straightened as he watched the glowering girl from behind Cheren. He said nothing, nearly watched her protective and hunched stance, as similar to Victini's as he protected her from Zoroark's Focus Blast. He looked away, before sighing.

"You're too valuable Touko. I've realised that even if all Pokémon have been freed, they won't be protected. Anything could happen to them. I want for people to learn how to treat Pokémon properly, something you seem to be the best at. Your Victini, he cared for you so much he protected you. I've never seen that before Touko. I want you at my side, helping me decide how to rule Unova," he explained, confident but worried. It wasn't hard to understand Touko. She loved her Pokémon, just like he did all Pokémon, but she wasn't going to release them as willingly as he hoped. And he realised, neither would anyone else. Even if he ruled Unova, laws were broken everyday, and this wouldn't be a first. So he needed her. He needed her to guide him.

"You disgust me."

N shot his head up to the brunette, who was no longer hiding behind her friend. Cheren, backed away, dangerously close to the ledge. Touko stared at N, and the two watched each other with confident stares.

"I…"

"You think that because I lost I would just fall into your hand?"

Touko felt bile rise up her throat, and she spat on the ground the second time that day. She had never felt so much anger run through her veins as now. Neither guilt nor regret for how she treated him were there anymore. She was fully prepared to attack him, if it was believed necessary.

"How dare you speak to Lord N that way!"

"You wretched girl, you're nothing more than trash!"

"Lord N is a King and he will rule Unova, protecting Pokémon from every one of you satanic trainers!"

N was at a loss of words as Pokémon sprang free from thousands of Pokéballs. Both he and Touko stared at eachother, before Alder and Cheren released their Volcarona and Serperior, prepared to battle the opponents at hand. It was now or never. The three of them staggered back, and Touko put one hand behind her back, before dropping the Ultra Ball. Her two male companions looked at her, and they knew what to do. Touko stepped back once more, her foot having nothing but air beneath her.

He saw it.

"Touko!" N cried.

But she was gone. He expected Cheren and Alder to follow suit, but they didn't. Suddenly, the grand Legendary flew up and flapped its giant wings at the entrance, a gust of wind pushing back his grunts.

"Are you coming?" she yelled, watching Cheren and Alder who continued to fight. They looked at each other, and then back at Touko, who stood on Zekrom's back, hand reaching out. They shook their heads.

"You need the escape Touko. They want you, not us. If we can distract for long enough, they won't get you," Alder explained, calling out another move for his Volcarona before turning back to Touko.

"Hide. Run. Protect yourself Touko. Don't let them find you, and we promise we'll do whatever we can to save you," Cheren stated reassuringly, and Touko couldn't help but worry for him. He wanted nothing more than to join her, but then again, so did N. N wanted Touko with him, and if he was going to stop that, he was going to have to let her off on her own.

"But…"

"Go to a Pokémon Centre, get all your Pokémon as fast as you can and hide!" Alder called.

"Don't worry about us!"

"You guys…"

"Go!" they yelled in unison, dismissing her and turning their backs to her. Surprised, Touko stood there for minutes before looking up at N who sent out a hurt expression. He wanted her, and she wanted out. So they were giving her the opportunity. She shook her head and then sat down on Zekrom's back, whispering something quiet.

Suddenly, the gust of wind was gone. The grunts were more than capable of handling themselves now, but the floor beneath them was ready to collapse. They sprang forward, in signal to attack right that instant, but Cheren and Alder held them off.

N was dumbstruck. He simply watched the dark figure fly off somewhere, ready to Revive Reshiram and fly on after her. But right now, he was King of Unova and she was an escapee who he knew could be found just as easily as she had been lost. He turned around, not watching the sight of battling Pokémon.

"She can't hide for long, that girl."

N looked up at his father who smirked the slightest bit. He stared at his son, who seemed pained at the disappearance of the girl. Of course, even with Pokémon, N had never learned how to cope with hurt. It wasn't his job to understand that. But here he was, standing before him, a hurting N.

"I know. I'm just wondering how long."

toptheworld

Crash Addict
    Years
  • Starting Anew

Imperfectum;

Latin for imperfect

The native bird shrieked in pain as Touko carefully pulled the stick from his wing. Although, it wasn't stuck, she could tell that her companion was in pain by how he looked with creases lining his face. She bit her lip, pouring the alcoholic Potion over the wound, watching as the dirt evaporated and left the cut clean as it closed shut. The brunette carefully tore off part of her shirt and wrapped it around the giant wings. Her Braviary crooned, pressing his beck against her, to which she leaned over and kissed him.

"Better?" she smiled, her charm bracelet twinkling under the moonlit sky. This caught her Braviary's attention who tried to detach it from her wrist. She laughed, pulling her hand away. "You wanna go back?" Braviary shook his head and patted his back with his now repaired wing. Touko grabbed her backpack, which felt much heavier than usual, before jumping onto her Braviary.

Although it had been only two months, she was off to her fourth hiding destination. Right after departing the castle, she had left for Nuvema. She knew very well that would be the first place they'd look, but Professor Juniper had all her Pokémon stored in her lab, and she couldn't go into hiding without saying bye to her mom. She rushed over and did it all within a quick second, and only minutes later was the announcement made that N had won and that they were searching for her. So she grabbed all her Pokéballs and rushed to say goodbye to her mother.

Said parent had a special surprise for her, a charmless charm bracelet, the white gold shimmering right before her eyes. Touko gasped in surprise as her mother snapped the bracelet shut on her wrist, before taking one of her Pokballs and attaching it to the bracelet.

"I thought it'd be a good idea if you hid them in plain sight. Pokéballs are quite a style recently, so it won't look strange at all," her mother grinned at her daughter, tears forming in her eyes. The younger version jumped on her mom, giving her a giant hug before kissing her on the cheek and departing, with only seconds to spare. Back then, when her Braviary was just a Rufflet, she decided to fly off on her Unfezant. The colourful bird cawed with a sour twinge in his caw, as if he was rushing her, and not without reason. As the two flew off, hundreds of Plasmas showed up with their Pokémon prepared to fight.

So here she was, hiding all across Unova, her first place being the P2 Lab, trying to find some background on Plasma, but it only took a week for her to get found out before she flew off to the outskirts of Mistralton City, incredibly close to the Celestial Tower, where she hid for the longest amount of time. Afterwards, she went to the Giant Chasm, the newest and strangest of locations, incredibly surprised by the new Pokémon and the Legendary Kyurem. Incredibly interested by all the new Pokémon, she continued on walking around all new uncharted land, and ended up adding many charms to her bracelet.

Braviary flapped his wings before tilting his head upwards to the shining sun. He cringed, before he jumped off and starting hovering over the Chasm. Touko leaned over and buried her nose into his colourful feathers as he carefully flew out of the forest towards Nimbasa. She passed by the many trainers beneath her that looked like ants, getting her money ready so she could make a quick getaway to Anville Town using the Battle Subway. She was still incredibly wary, but she knew for certain that if she didn't get far enough from society, it wouldn't take long until Team Plasma found her. She beckoned to the forest right behind the Ferris wheel, knowing that if she landed in front of the PokéCenter, she'd be captured immediately. Her Braviary nose-dived into the large Yew trees, before the large bird landed without a sound. Touko looked around and saw the clearing that was the Amusement Park before returning her Braviary to his ball.

"Look, look!"

Touko froze. She had already been found out? She jerked her head to see a small blond boy running up to the Ferris wheel, his hand interlocked with a slightly smaller brunette. She grinned at him as they ran up to get on the ride. Touko watched in surprise and awe, how carefree they could be, and remembering how carefree she was back when she was younger. Back when going to fight against the Elite Four was for fun, and not a job. Before the whole Lord N, Team Plasma thing showed up.

She remembered her ride with N, how before that ride, it was all so easy. And she wasn't on the run either. She swallowed back bile before checking if the coast was clear and pulled up her hood, hiding anything that could easily identify her. The brunette jumped out of the bushes and made a break for the Gym. Although she was in plain sight, the Gyms and anything within a 25m radius were the only Plasma-free zones in Unova, thanks to the stubborn Gym Leaders. It was decided by N that all gyms were to stay the same, sans the Pokémon battling aspect. Interest in Pokémon was perfectly acceptable, as log as those interests stayed distant and without interaction with said Pokémon whatsoever. This allowed even places such as the Nacrene City Gym to stay open.

So until these Gyms were modified for those requirements, the Leaders only accepted the conditions of N's decision as long as Plasmas stayed away. Each Gym had a total of six months to completely transform to the requirements, but in that six month period, no Plasmas were allowed to enter. This meant Police Officers all across Unova were to guard the Gyms, allow no one to enter, take photos and make detailed reports for Plasma and send it to the castle weekly. Although many did this with resistance, the first two months went by smoothly.

Only giving herself a few moments, Touko booked it faster than ever, concentrating on the Gym and making sure no one saw her and no one could tell who she was. She darted past the Ferris wheel, drawing slight attention due to the hastiness of her actions. The doors to the Gym zipped open, greeting Touko to the dark, dusty indoor rollercoaster. She saw some construction workers, ready with their hardhats and fluorescent orange and yellow vests, but the ex-Gym was filled with engineers with blueprints planning on how to unite the several tracks into one. The only track yet untouched was the one that took a person directly to the Gym Leader, Elesa, who seemed to be sitting in her designated seat with a distressed and worn look on her face. She stepped towards her before bumping into a wall of tall, dark-haired men. All but one of three were wearing a hat that signified their status, alongside a badge on the left side of their chest. She mentally cursed herself, completely forgetting about the Police Officers.

"That's…!"

"It is!"

Touko met the gaze of the hatless Officer, who didn't seem much older than she was, if anything he was younger. She smirked deviously before looking down. "Say anything and you're mincemeat," she threatened, her eyes giving off a devilish glint. The brunette quickly snapped off Braviary's ball from her bracelet, before tossing it up and catching it, watching it grow in size. She shoved the ball in their faces, the three returning her gaze with a look of awe and fear. The three quickly jumped to the side, almost falling off the ledge as she zoomed past them. As soon as they moved, Touko caught Elesa's gaze.

"T-Touko…"

The blue-eyed girl winked before sprinting towards the cart that would take her to Elesa. It zoomed her onward, everything passing by in a quick blur before she arrived beside the blonde Gym Leader. She pulled herself and stared straight at the dumbfounded Elesa.

"We thought you were…" she croaked, her face stained with tears of joy.

"Dead?" Touko murmured, slightly hurt by the statement, but glad that she had rose above their expectations. The headphone-wearing Gym Leader pursed her lips with downcast eyes, not looking at Touko, her unkempt hair falling over her eyes.

It was at that moment that Touko noticed how different the girl looked. Her normally tame and perfect blonde hair was incredibly frayed, and wasn't nearly as clean as before, either from the dust or lack of care – though Touko guessed it was both. Under her normally bright and ecstatic azure blue eyes were huge dark bags and the poorly placed make-up made her look much paler than usual. And if Elesa was skinny before, she was anorexic now, with her bones jutting out the slightest bit, making her outfit that much more unattractive. The brunette trainer wasn't sure if it was being cooped up in here or the devastating future for Unova and her Pokémon which had already been taken away, but she was definite that this wasn't normal.

Suddenly, sobs interrupted her thoughts. The brunette jerked her head to note that Elesa was crying heavily, her heavy eyeliner leaking down onto her cheeks. The composed and slightly snobby was balling her eyes right in front of Touko. The brunette was most definitely surprised, but was quick to comfort the poor girl.

"You need to come back Touko…" Elesa wept as Touko accepted the girl with open arms, literally. The Gym Leader leaned her head into the brunette's shoulder.

"I know."

"The coronation, it's too soon. You have to stop them," she added, Touko feeling her hoodie get soaked as Elesa pulled herself away, holding Touko's shoulders firmly as well as her gaze with her bloodshot, teary eyes.

"Cor…coronation?" Touko mumbled.

Elesa looked down at the plated ground with a distraught look before stating, "N is being labeled king of Unova in four months. All Pokémon trainers are going to release their Pokémon that day, with the exception of the major trainers, like Gym Leaders and the Elite Four, who had to release their Pokémon right after you disappeared. We were taken there for about a week, before coming back empty-handed. It felt horrible. If that happens again, there's no gong back." Touko bit her lower lip, as if trying to process this.

"Why wait? Wouldn't that just give people time to set up a comeback? I mean six months after he's won is a bit long, isn't it?" Touko pondered, while the blonde dropped her arms to her sides, releasing her tight grip on the former. It was silent for a moment.

"How? The only people fully capable of doing that have had their Pokémon taken away and are locked in their gyms or stuck in the Pokémon League. Hell, even your friends Cheren and Bianca have had theirs taken away. Besides, this gives Plasma just enough time to make sure that when all Pokémon are finally free, they can't be caught again. They're spending these six months boosting up their defense and recruiting new members. The only Pokémon-related buildings left are Pokémon Centre, and that's in case of emergencies," Elesa snapped, her breathing starting become heavier each moment that passed. Touko smiled at her as reassuringly as possible before catching her gaze again. "You've got to do something Touko."

It wasn't a question or a suggestion. It was a statement that was stronger than a diamond. If Touko hadn't felt a giant burden on her shoulders yet, she sure as hell did now.

"Alright, I…"

"Over there!"

Both Gym Leader and Trainer turned their heads quickly to notice a group of Plasma members that pointed at them accusingly. They jolted to the cart that Touko had used merely minutes ago, a look of disgust and ambition on their faces.

"And that my friend, is why Touko has been labeled dead. These bastards have been on my tail keeping me entertained like crazy," she grinned darkly, receiving a wry smile from Elesa, who suddenly returned her grin.

"We gotta get you out of here," she smirked, grabbing Touko's frail wrist and noticing how skinny she was. Touko, who noticed her intrigue, look down at the floor.

"Out of food. Hard to feed so many Pokémon all at the same time. Now I know why we only carry 6," Touko mumbled before noticing the Plasma members that were almost at her platform. The blonde too saw this, before both girls were tugged to the edge of platform.

"Jump."

Touko's eyes shot up to Elesa, widening at the thought.

"Pardon?"

"It'll hurt, but it won't kill you, unlike these bastards. It's pretty straightforward once you get down there. Now jump," Elesa explained, jerking the brunette even closer to the edge. The brunette gasped, afraid, but didn't turn around or fight.

"What about you?" Touko blurted out.

The blonde ignored her and shoved the Trainer off the platform without a second though. The falling teen turned onto her back as she fell, the hard wind smashing against her face, ready for instant death as she watched Elesa writhe in pain before walking off. Touko gasped until she felt several thousand blood-churning pains in several different parts of her body. She looked at her legs and saw that they were bleeding severely. Something went off in her brain as she quickly felt all consciousness slip away, left with nothing but the pain in her body.

Her breathing was incredibly heavy, and her mind was buzzing. No, not with thoughts, but literally buzzing. She tried to move her legs, but realised quickly that she was incapable of doing such a simple task. She groaned, preparing for the worst as she tilted her head to see if she could actually live with her legs for the rest of her life. She gasped at the sight.

Her legs stung like hell and were covered with at least two giant gashes going up the length of her legs. Although they weren't exactly wide, they were for sure deep. But there was something very annoying in the back of her head, trying to remind her of something very obvious that was missing from the wounds.

Then it hit her like a ton of bricks. Which, considering how hard she hit the floor, was like a cloud to her.

Her wounds were lacking one essential part.

Blood.

If anything, those wounds had scabbed over, though the raw pinkness around the gashes informed her it had been less than a few hours since she had gone under. She looked around with shifty eyes, only to find her Deino, sleeping soundlessly at her feet. If it weren't for the faint glow coming from above, she wouldn't have even noticed the small Dragon-type. Did he lick her wounds clean? That would explain the sting as well. Touko tried to sit up to pet her little companion, but quickly learned that would be pretty difficult with paralyzed legs. Falling back, Touko returned Deino to his ball before searching for her Samurott. He could definitely carry her out of there.

Wherever here was. The brunette looked around the dark tunnel, noticing it looked a lot like a sewer, except without water. There were small purple glowing lights that had their own buzz to accompany the one in her head. She stared at them, before realising they were shaped like Espeons. Groaning, she realsed she was still concussed, and finally, after finding Samurott's ball and setting him free. The girl almost fell back on her head again in need of rest before Samurott leaned under her so she would land on him. He nudged his snout against her bracelet as she called out her Conkeldurr and Mienshao to help her up on Samurott. She tossed the balls in the air and watched as the two strong Pokémon flew out with quiet croons, trying to reassure her. She smiled at them as they lifted her up onto her plated Pokémon. Quickly and quietly they returned to their balls.

"Straight ahead. Then we should be able to find our way out."

The giant otter looked at her with a frustrated look, almost as if trying to decode his owner. How could she be so calm with those horrible injuries? Pokémon were incredibly honest about everything, never hiding their true feelings, while Touko was quite the opposite. She gently pecked him on the cheek, trying to distract him from his thoughts before pointing ahead.

"I'm fine, don't worry about me," the brunette beamed to which Samurott crooned but obliged to her command. He soon realised that the more he struggled, the worse state she would be in. He looked down with a dark look, genuinely worried for his owner. So the giant water-type waddled forward, rocking back and forth, lulling her to rest. Touko leaned her head against the blue fur and just rested, calming herself. She was not ready at all to think about what just happened and what was going to happen.

Too bad, she thought, because instantly her mind was swarmed with questions. Since when was this giant space here? She knew that the rollercoaster had a space beneath it, but she never expected this to be it. It was slightly depressing actually. Then again, it washer only way out, thanks to those goddamn grunts, who were probably doing something to that poor Elesa. If anything, they were probably torturing her. She felt anything but relieved that the Gym Leader had saved her.

Suddenly, she felt Samurott stop. The Trainer looked up at the large creature who was staring straight up. Touko leaned back, and although still a bit dizzy, she could just make out what was above her. There was a tall set of stairs, and then there were many see-through pipes that seemed to be draining…pennies?

"The creek!" Touko exclaimed, remembering that people used to throw change into the creek for good luck. Samurott turned to her as she shot him a look of glee. Carefully, Touko stepped off, clinging to the huge warrior that nudged her off with his snout. She felt like a baby bird learning how to fly. When finally off, Touko called out her Braviary.

"Talk about dependant," she muttered, her legs shaking uncontrollably as the giant bird grabbed her by her shoulders and flew up. Touko returned her Samurott to his ball and watched as Braviary flew up. As they reached the pipes, she realised this was going to be the hard way out. "What happened to straightforward?" Touko groaned, fully prepared to die that moment. Her blue-faced bird looked down at her cawed, before suddenly banging his body against the pipes.

"What the hell are you doing?"

The pipe cracked and water spurted down onto her and Braviary, who screeched at the copper and cold water. Touko gasped, shielded by the eagle-like Pokémon. He continued ramming into the pipes, cawing out little shrieks of pain as Touko scorned the Pokémon with harsh words, hoping to stop the thing from killing itself. Finally, he completely broke through. Then, there was a crater of cement that looked much harder to break than the pipe, though that didn't stop the native bird.

"Wait!" Touko cried, worried to death about the poor thing. He suddenly stopped and looked at her. She closed her eyes before calling, "Braviary, use Superpower!"

He cawed before a blast of strength pressed against the cement and broke it into puny gravel. Before anything could hit either of them, Braviary crashed through the cement and water before finally reaching daylight that stung their eyes.

"We're out!" she screamed with joy. But they weren't exactly spared. Outside stood hundreds, maybe even thousands of Plasmas ready to shoot them both down. Many quickly noticed, to which she cursed. Some let out their Emolgas and Cubchoos to shoot Braviary down, but he flew off too high for any of their moves to reach them.

Touko ignored their harsh and dark threats and patted Braviary gently as he tossed her up before nose diving down to catch her perfectly on his back. She let out a breath she didn't know she was holding as she absorbed the fresh air before noting the grunts throwing out flying types ready to reach them. Braviary knew without asking as he flew off towards Driftveil City. Flying over Route 5, Touko saw many street performers being thrown off to the sides of the road by Plasmas. Touko leaned her head into Braviary's feathers. Maybe if she drew attention over there, they'd give her just enough time to board the train to Anville Town. Touko quickly learned that the bridge had been raised and it was far too windy for Braviary to fly over.

Maybe she should've handed herself in. Or just tried to get on the train and hope for the best. Anything but running around like a headless chicken.

"Down here!"

An incredibly familiar voice called out, though Touko couldn't quite name who. She leaned over Braviary and looked down at whoever was calling her, but still couldn't make out who it was. She leaned over a bit more, until she lost grip of her Pokémon.

"****!" she screeched, trying to cling on as tight as possible without hurting the already injured Braviary.

"Let go!"

Touko didn't even need a reason to argue with the familiar stranger, but did anyways. "What are you thinking?"

"Touko, trust me. Let go!"

And she did. It wasn't the first time that day that her life completely depended on another person. Braviary cawed with worry, but Touko shut her eyes closed and leaned back, fully prepared to die yet again. It was long before she moaned out in pain as she it with a loud and recognisable thud.

"What am I, a skydiver?" she groaned, but was surprised to see (or feel) no added pain from her already giant and scarring wounds. The large Braviary crooned, spreading out his wings to shield her from any pedestrians that could hurt her while glaring at the boy holding her. He seemed to have some minor cuts from hitting the ground after catching her, but overall he was okay. "That's not very subtle," Touko deadpanned, returning Braviary to his ball and falling back on the boy's lap, not even trying to guess who it was. Soft fingers ran through her tangled locks as her head fell to the side.

"What's with the legs?" he asked, worry colouring his tone. Touko continued to lean back, both their heavy breathing distracting her before she gasped lightly.

"Touya!"

The blue-eyed girl shot her eyes open and there, was a pair of warm hazel eyes staring down back at her. Her arms flew around his neck as they laid there in the prickly grass, her tight grip almost strangling him. His throaty chuckle vibrated through her skin, reminding her of home and warmth and everything that was currently lacking in her life.

"What are you doing here?" she pondered, slightly disappointed that he unwound her arms from his neck, pulling away. He looked up into the setting sky, not answering. This wasn't uncommon for the brunet, to doze off or zone out, but at a crucial time like this, where her life was seconds away from ending, it was getting pretty damn annoying. Touko continued to his finally calm and wispy breathing, preparing to ask him again before he straightened and took Touko in his arms, jumping up. She gasped, surprised he could and would carry her so easily. The girl was going to disagree, but one hard stare from her childhood friend shut her up. He quietly hid in between the forest and the small stadium, running past the trees that were normally a borderline between Nimbasa and Route 5. The brunet dropped down so he was sitting, both blending in perfectly with the natural tones, while Touko hid her face in his neck as his grip tightened around her. She was about to comment when he shushed her yet again, only seconds before a group of Plasmas rushed by, holding objects that she could only hope were tranquilizer guns.

"Good call," she mumbled, smiling against his skin. Touya grabbed her chin and pulled her away, both looking at each other before he gave her a wide, pearly smile. "Now answer my question," Touko declared, suddenly frustrated. "You're gone for five years and decide to show up now?"

Touya averted his gaze to the bushes behind her, slightly wounded by the ferocity of her words. She was extremely ecstatic to see him again, but they both knew that five years was an unearthly amount of time.

"I came back as soon as I heard the news about you Touko. Cheren called and told me to get back her from…"

"Go on," she insisted.

"From Sinnoh."

The words stung like a Vespiquen would, but she said nothing. She was happy that he came back for her, but knowing that if it weren't something life-threatening like this. The hazel-eyed boy waited for some kind of response but received nothing.

"I couldn't let you get hurt. So I came here as soon as possible, but by that point you were long gone. So I stayed in Nuvema Town, making sure to not be noticed there, because I was living with your mom. Then, there was a national announcement by that N guy about you being found in Nimbasa this morning and that whoever saw you had to hand you in ASAP. Don't know why you'd come here of all places though…"

Touko sat there, staring into his hazels.

"Anville Town. Had to take the Subway there, so I came here as soon as possible. I hid with Elesa, hoping to gather enough info about Plasma and the Coronation. Is…she okay?" Touko wondered, remembering Elesa's lack of response when Touko asked what she was going to do. She was scared that something horrible happened.

"Fine. She's just being interrogated is all," Touya dismissed, more worried about the half-paralyzed Touko before him.

"You make it sounds as if that's nothing," Touko scoffed, leaning away from Touya and his insensitiveness. Touya clenched his teeth, before looking down at his lap.

"It is, at least compared to you if you don't heal and get out of here."

"I can't go anywhere until these Plasmas leave, thank you very much," Touko hissed, her head turning to the just noticeable pathway on her right. Touya inspected himself, before pulling Touko off his lap onto the ground beside him. She winced slightly at the pain of her throbbing legs, but said nothing. Had she honestly been that harsh? She was about to stop him from leaving, until Touya pulled off his murky green cloak before resting it on Touko's shoulders.

"Wait until there's a crowd and just casually walk over to the Battle Subway. Make sure you aren't too suspicious," he explained, receiving a mocking expression from Touko.

"Like a cloak isn't suspicious enough, especially in happy and colourful Nimbasa," she chuckled as he pulled out a potion, sure that it would work on her wounds just like it would on a Pokémon, albeit with a bit more pain. He gave her his arms and motioned for her to bit as he sprayed on the Potion. Touko gasped as the alcohol-like spray entered her wounds, but she made sure to muffle all her moans into his sleeve. He continued spreading the spray until her wounds closed shut.

"It'll still hurt, but just don't limp around so obviously," he commented, pulling the Potion back into his bag to refill, before smiling at Touko.

"My hero," she smiled back as he stood up and helped her up before positioning the cloak to hide all "trademark" articles of clothing as she called them. Touko blushed at the close proximity of their faces but said nothing. Quickly, Touya pulled away and looked at her one more time.

"Oh and Touko?"

"Y-Yeah?" she spat out, nervous.

"Whatever you're planning, please be careful."

Touko froze and stared at the serious Touya with a look of shock before looking away. Had it been that obvious? She bit her lower lip before nodding her head.

"Okay," she mumbled incoherently, before turning around and walking forward towards the pathway. Touya stared at Touko whose brown hair was covered by the cloak hood. The girl knew based on experience that Nimbasa City was the most crowded at night, and based on the setting sun, now was a good a time as ever to leave. The brunette turned around and smiled harmoniously at the boy. "Thank you Touya."

This time Touya was the one to blush, stepping back at her sweet expression before she gave him one last look before walking off. She looked down at the ground. Five years and that was all? Then again, he wasn't as aware as she was that this mission was more deadly than expected.

"Wait, Touko…"

She halted with a bit more excitement than she would've liked, but turned around slowly to see his rose-tinted cheeks prominent on his face.

"I have one more thing to give you…"

toptheworld

Crash Addict
    Years
  • Fallen Hero

Imperfectum;

Latin for imperfect

A certain kind of glow was shining over the crowd that was filled with people, chattering pleasantly. The sky was cloudless, but the humidity informed the nation there was going to rain later on, if not thunderstorms. Many important people were at the event, whether by choice or by force, including Gym Leaders, the Elite Four, Pokémon scientists and mayors. Even Cheren and Bianca showed up, much to their dismay. The only man who wasn't present was the ex-Champion, Alder. But besides them, the crowd was boastful and excited to see the new King, despite the reason why he was King. Everyone was lightly dressed, but all in dark cloaks as to not "over shine" the presence of the King. Surrounding the people was a wall of cut Plasmas, most likely steroid-induced. Although the space only allowed for a limited amount of people, TV cameras and reporters were everywhere, most like broadcasting to the whole nation. It was a mandatory announcement, therefore no matter where you were, you would definitely see it.

On the platform before them was a large row of heavy-cloaked men, six in counting, each with a little cap. On their left was a giant red curtain, a veil of sorts, that divided the stage in half, hiding the other side. Unknown to the crowd, that was the entrance where the great Champion would arrive. On their right was another man with grey-blonde hair with an intricately-designed cloak and a half-mask covering his right eye. Beside him was a woman, with long purple hair that flared outwards. In her hands was a red velvet pillow with golden lining, topped with a jeweled crown. No one on the platform looked into the crowd, all were staring at the red curtain before them.

The crowd continued to buzz from the heat and impatience. Everywhere men and women awaited the Champion's grand entry. Only few were silent, those who never really intended to be there in the first place, with their Pokémon guarding them protectively.

In the middle of the crowd there stood a dark green-hooded girl, brown locks just noticeable from the shadows of her cloak. On her left shoulder slept a baby Zorua, whose faint smile seemed a bit too malicious for such an innocent looking creature. His ears perked the slightest bit each time there was a recognizable sound. The girl petted him lightly, as if to reassure him, but he woke up instantly with a disgruntled look on his face, obviously peeved by the constant noise. He nuzzled his snout into her shoulder with a quiet coo.

Most were too absorbed in their conversations to notice the red velvet curtain shift, before carefully sliding to the sides, revealing a tall, tea green-haired man. Behind him was a girl, maybe a year or two older, with long blonde hair, her bangs up in a flower-like appearance, her face unrecognisable due to her downcast gaze. The entrance past the curtain was nothing but shadows, but a shining gold doorframe was vaguely visible.

The centre of attention was clearly the tea green-haired man, or the Champion. His cloak, unlike everyone else's, was much like everything else there, red velvet with gold trimming. His gaze was downcast as well, but he stood tall and proud, or at least as much as he could. The row of men (more commonly known as the Sages) dropped down on one knee and bowed their heads. Both women stepped behind the mask-wearing man before bowing as well. There seemed to have been something troubling the Champion, but it wasn't the place or time to mention it. He continued onward until he stopped in front of the older man with the mask. One gave the other a sharp and inquiring look, with something hiding between the lines. They continued like that for a bit, until the rest of the crowd bowed down as well. Only a few angry faces ignored the order and stood tall, but quickly went down after receiving hard, cold stares from the Plasma wall. So much for dedication.

The Champion looked out into the crowd, hoping to see a familiar brunette's face, but was quick to realise that no one could be identified from where he stood. He bit his lower tongue, before looking back at his look-alike. The older man had a somewhat smug smile as the two women behind him prepared to give him the crown. When both son and father stood face-to-face, the older man calmed.

"All rise," he stated, not forgetting to watch his son. Although he had been as dedicated as ever the past six months, he knew that his son was more than likely to jump at the chance for his only worthy opponent. As soon as the command had been uttered, everyone obliged, all staring at the Champion, just like his father. Eventually, the two broke their gaze as the father began to speak. "Today is a proud and historic day for all off Unova. A new dawn is upon us, a new rise to fame and good fortune, as we stand amongst our soon to be King, Lord N."

At the statement, many had a sudden look of horror at the thought. Being ruled by such a young and incapable boy? Despite their many gleeful thoughts earlier, reality struck them like a Pikachu's thunderbolt.

"All are to be treated fairly and kindly," Ghetsis continued. "Just as our Lord desires. This is why today is also an important day for Pokémon. For the past half year, this blessed nation has been changing its daily routine, reconstructing memorable buildings and freeing our important companions from captivity, all in the name of Pokémon Liberty. Alongside this, Team Plasma has been going from town to city helping people change their mindset to better accompany this new lifestyle," he smiled, a godly appearance shining on him. Ironically, he forgot to mention how said team stole many Pokémon without setting them free before the trainers themselves.

Ghetsis stepped back, and in his place was now N, his face peaceful and forgiving. The crowd was silenced in awe at his appearance as the younger man continued where his father left off.

"I seek a black-and-white world, one that separates Pokémon from humans. In this world, both sides live freely and happily. I wish no harm on humans, which is something a dear friend of mine taught me not long ago. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for humans. Everywhere, I see Pokémon cruelty, and I am here to stop that. That's why Pokémon must be freed from captivity and given their old, happier lives back, as well as allowing humans to continue their lives, albeit with some change. I, as your soon-to-be ruler, swear to protect both sides with an honest and fair heart," he finally finished, a smile so sweet that women all ages swooned at the sight. His speech was more than promising.

Everyone was shushed, either from his Lord's beautiful speech or from some nastier thoughts on his ignorance on the situation. Although he acted all high and mighty, his dream seemed the slightest bit too hard to achieve. There was a subtle murmur among the crowd, something along the lines of his unapprised thoughts of his true capabilities. He listened carefully, making out words that seemed much too hurtful to be said, but he did not react. The green-haired man received a dark look from the man beside him, but he was sure that if he were to react now, it would not end well. Instead, he turned back to Ghetsis and fell down on one knee. Everyone was silenced as they continued to watch the ceremony.

"Do you, N Harmonia, swear to abide by all laws while still accomplishing this task?"

"I swear."

"And do you, N Harmonia, swear to forever protect humans and Pokémon by whatever means necessary?"

"I swear."

"Then by my power and the power of Unova, I now dub thee King of Unova."

The bejeweled crown was carefully placed atop of N's head, as said jewels glistened in the setting sky, the black and white jewels bright and incandescent. There was no applause, no cheering, just an eerie silence similar to that of a morgue. N turned back to his people before raising his arms.

"That's ironic," a voice murmured, but just loud enough so that even those on the platform could hear. "I mean, abiding by all laws while still protecting Pokémon by whatever means necessary? That surely won't work out, especially given who we're talking about here."

The voice was more than familiar. Gasps among the crowd were evident and piercing. But faster than ever, the crowd was yet again shushed as the fallen Ghetsis groaned out in pain, his arms covering his gut. The individual that hit him disappeared, but left a Zorua growling before him, now the centre of attention. Ghetsis cursed loudly, his calm conduct disappearing to reveal the true entity that he was. All around, Plasmas searched for the attacker, worried that their Lord was next.

Suddenly, someone tapped the King on his shoulder. He turned around quickly to see a hooded figure with a sly grin vaguely prominent from beneath the shadows. The person pulled back the hood and stared into his slate grey eyes with her clear blue ones. N was rendered speechless, his eyes wide.

"T-Touko…?"

"Touko!" voices cheered, most obviously Cheren's and Bianca's. "It's her, the saviour!"

The brunette continued staring at N before he grabbed her wrist. Her Zorua started yapping loudly at N, trying to protect his owner with all his might. N could hear the dark insults coming from the pup, no less surprised than he was every other time by Touko's Pokémon's dedication and loyalty.

Unbeknownst to them, Ghetsis was quick to move, aiming to hit Touko just as easily as she did him. N held her still, their locked gaze unbreakable. Before he could say anything, Ghetsis kicked her, causing her to wince.

"The illusion's fading. It's not you. A human doesn't move that fast," N hissed, staring at the human girl slowly turning back into her original form, a Zoroark. Ghetsis paled, realising what was going on as Zorua suddenly stopped yapping before he smiled that haughty smile yet again.

Disappearing from view, the Zorua ran through the crowd towards the Pokémon League, the highest point in Unova. Many tried to catch the small creature, while some let him pass without question. He dashed passed them all, before climbing up the mountain with his tight claws. Suddenly, the pup disappeared.

"What's going on?" voices whispered as the Zoroark turned into an Azurill, allowing her to be so frail that N lost his grip on her. He looked around to see where she had gone, before seeing a Jolteon run off into the distance.

"Show yourself!" he yelled, his grey eyes furious but hiding a certain interest at the stranger's little act. How could an injured Pokémon be able to change so much, and so quickly? N continued to look around, seeming slightly crazed. Beside him, Ghetsis was enraged, only calmed by some reassuring words from Concordia and Anthea, the two women who had been generally silent the whole ceremony.

Not before long, a booming laugh echoed against the rock walls, shattering the eardrums of everyone present. Everyone, including all cameras, looked up to where the Zorua and Jolteon – who had now turned back into her original form – had run off to. There, was a girl lying down, leaning on her right hand as her left arm rested on her propped knee. Her arms were covered by a murky green cloak, incredibly similar to the one her Zoroark had just been wearing. Her long brown beach waves were no longer in a high pony but in a fishtail over her shoulder, and her clothes were no longer bright and eccentric, but earth-tones, blending her into the scenery just perfectly. The only white things left on her were bandages that went up her legs to her mid-thigh where her shorts covered. If it weren't for her bright blue eyes, she would be unrecognisable. Behind her were her Zoroark, leering at the crowd while her Zorua lied down on his stomach, staring.

"Like it? It took me ages to think of it. Thankfully, Mr. "King of Unova" N decided on taking his sweet time and not rushing things," she smirked, sitting up straight, staring at no one but N himself. "Who would've known that such a genius – able to talk to Pokémon too! – wouldn't remember that time is key. You gave me six months to train."

"I don't remember offering to battle," N stated monotonously, trying to decode what she was implying. Touko was not that brash, she most definitely could not handle all these Plasmas, along with him and Ghetsis.

"Who said I was asking for one?"

As much as he wanted to scream at her, he couldn't. He couldn't tell her that she was being an idiot and that she was alone on this one, because it wasn't true. He couldn't tell her that she was a hopeless case, because she wasn't. He couldn't tell her that she should just give in, because it was a waste of time. And worst of all, he couldn't tell her any of these things, because this was the closest he had gotten to capturing her, and he wasn't going to let that chance slip. N silenced himself, biting his tongue, not comfortable with this unknown emotion, this unknown fury. Touko grinned at herself, reading N like a book. This was killing him.

The brunette stood and walked over to the ledge, looking down at every curious pair of eyes, ready for the show to continue, ready to fight by Touko's side if necessary. She threw off her cloak and watched as it fell to the ground. The girl remembered that the castle was higher than the Pokémon League, and that its base was halfway up the mountain. That meant that the jump was only a small part of the highest peak in Unova, and much smaller than any jump she had survived thus far. Pulling out two Pokéballs, Touko returned both mother and son to their balls before looking back at the crowd.

"Now, for my next trick."

Without a second's thought, the girl bravely stepped off the ledge and formed her body into a T, while her eyes closed shut. The female Trainer heard gasps and pleas to help her, but it didn't faze her. Instead, milliseconds before hitting the ground, she opened her eyes. She leaned forward, centering her weight on the balls of her feet as she landed gracefully and perfectly.

"You see, I'm not a big fan of this whole Pokémon Liberation thing, if you hadn't already guessed. As far as I'm concerned, Pokémon are just as capable as humans, if not more so. Therefore, the decision should be theirs. I mean, N can speak to Pokémon, can't he? Why doesn't he ask all of them what they want? But that doesn't work for you now, does now, it all-mighty Lord N?" Touko pondered, carefully walking through the audience, unfazed by her dangerous jump. People watched in wonder, creating a path so she could get to him. Ignoring everyone, she continued staring at him with a smug smirk. He gritted his teeth and clenched his fist, fully prepared to hurt her. "Didn't think so."

"This is insulting. You have no right to speak to the King that way. If you don't hand yourself in…" Ghetsis cried, more than willing to do the task of hurting her for N.

"Technically, he isn't King until his role as Hero of the Light Stone is fulfilled, and it hasn't. Although he did beat the Hero of the Dark Stone, – and I'm still unsure of how that happened – his task isn't complete when all Pokémon have been released. That my friend, or in other terms, my enemy's ridiculously manipulative father in loose terms, is why I'm here," Touko pointed out, hearing several laughs from the crowd at her joke. It was going well, and anyone who had been on N's side was slowly regaining trust in the fallen Hero. She was about to start sprinting when she quickly snatched a ball off of her bracelet, making it as unnoticeable as possible, before pointing it at them.

But something, or more accurately someone, stopped her. A hand grabbed her wrist and an arm wrapped around her waist, pressing her heavily wounded body against a tall wall of firm muscle. She gasped from shock and from the pain of him squeezing her wrist. The ball fell out of her hand as she tried to wriggle free from his grasp.

"I think what you're actually trying to say is that you're giving up, because from the looks of it, things aren't going to end nicely for you," a husky voice stated loudly and firmly, his warm breath sending goosebumps all over her neck. "You see, you wouldn't be making such brash accusations unless your intentions were death, or capture."

"So now you're threatening me?" she hissed, her smugness completely lost as she bit her lower lip. N noticed this; surprised she wouldn't fight right away. He didn't intend to let her fight in the first place, but her willingness was definitely something he didn't expect.

"No, just stating the obvious truth," N replied, walking up towards the platform with Touko firmly in his grasp. He leaned over and picked up the ball that she dropped and continued until they were both up on top of the stage. N turned them both towards the crowd. Touko stared in horror as N released the Pokémon from his "cage". "A Hydreigon, and a strong one at that."

The crowd stared with the same expression as Touko as their last chance of freedom was being wisped away by the same people that took it from them. Touko looked at her Hydreigon who gave her a calming look, but she said nothing. She knew what was going to happen, and she knew that warning Hydreigon was pointless. He was going to be released anyways.

"You see, for a Pokémon to become this strong, he or she would have to be held in captivity for a long period of time, along with aggressive and hurtful training for the poor thing," he stated, petting the Hydreigon who seemed much too calm. "That's why, as an example for the rest of you to follow, I shall release this poor Pokémon back to where it belongs," N bellowed, his voice reaching the farthest lengths of the League. No longer was he quiet nor shy. He was now prouder than ever. Touko's eyes widened as N freed the Dragon-type. "You may go home now."

"No wait! His home is with me!" Touko cried, tears forming in her eyes. But she was too late. The Pokémon had disappeared into the depths of the Pokémon League, ready to go back to his family. N smirked at Touko, who looked down at the ground, droplets of water falling to the floor. He almost felt sorry, until he felt a hand hit him hard across the face before he fell to the floor from a punch in the gut, just like his father had received. "You bastard!"

She was not slow, nor was she scared. She ran off from his grasp into the crowd, people letting her by yet again as she went after her Hydreigon, fully prepared to die to save him. If it hadn't been sad enough, her familiar friends had been crying by her side, their faces distraught. Touko slowed in front of Bianca, whose tears matched her own. The blonde opened her arms to accept Touko, but she wasn't going to fall for it. The brunette dashed by the Bianca look-alike, hitting her foot against her and watching her turn into a Zoroark.

"Cheap trick," she smirked, dryly mocking herself at the same time. She found her way to the entrance of the League before a wall of men stopped her. Most familiarly, the Shadow Triad.

It wasn't the first time they had done this to her, but she wouldn't let them get away with it this time. She searched for a Flying-type's ball, but was caught by two pairs of arms. She looked at one of them and saw those tea-green eyes again, frightened. Then, after turning to another one, she saw blue eyes, similar to hers but…monotone.

And with everyone holding her, and with everyone knowing her weakness, and with everyone fully prepared to kill her, she squeaked. Fear was all that rushed through her veins…no adrenaline, no blood, nothing but fear. Frightened for her life, that she was going to die. Tears ran down her cheeks as she threatened to fall to the floor, trying to stay as far away as possible from N. He was standing again, Concordia and Anthea at his sides trying to hold him up as he stared at her with a blatant grin on his face. Touko struggled with all her might, trying to turn around and get after her Hydreigon, but the grip on her arms was too tight. She looked back and forth at the two ninjas before struggling yet again.

"Touko!"

Her heart stopped. The voice was familiar, and she knew it all too well. He said he would be absent, he reminded her many times.

"Just stop fighting."

Touko looked up to the peak, and saw the flawless red and orange hair. His black eyes were as distraught as she seemed.

"Alder…"

Unwillingly, Touko loosened and her gaze fell to the floor as she was carried back to N. She was stopped in front of him, his gaze set on her. It was chilling, those cool grey eyes waiting for her to look up at him. And she did.

Her expression was hurt but determined. She spat at his feet and felt the strong urge to strangle him. The grip on her arms tightened as she finally looked up at him.

"This isn't over," Touko hissed.

The two ninjas let go as a pair of handcuffs replaced them. N looked at her as she was dragged into the castle, tears threatening to fall yet again. He said nothing, but their gazes met one more time, before N sharply turned away. If she hadn't known any better, Touko could've sworn she saw a hint of remorse on his face. She looked at the pitch darkness that engulfed her, before her head started to spin. The buzz was back, the sharp pain in her legs reminding her she had overexerted herself yet again.

As she fainted, the Plasmas noticed the faintest smirk on her face, something too eerie to not notice, but said nothing.

toptheworld

Crash Addict
    Years
  • Liar Liar

Imperfectum;

Latin for imperfect

A sudden rush of blood to her head awoke her swiftly. She jerked up, feeling too bare for her own liking. Although her outfit had been changed, what worried her was the strange change in scenery.

It wasn't humid like it had been outside, and although it was a bit frosty, the cool and indoor AC was refreshing, and somewhat new to her. Six months spent in the woods and in small villages definitely changed her lifestyle, but this swift change was more than accepted with open arms. Resting back on the pillow, she stared at the ceiling above her, little stars decorating it. Not before long, curiosity got the best of her and she sat back up again.

Looking around the room, Touko saw a giant glass wall right across from the bed. It was tinted, though barely evident due to the night sky, most likely to shield her from the strong sun rays, something lacking at that moment. Instead, rain and the slightest bit of hail batted against the window as a crack of thunder and a large flash shook her. She winced, but ignored the sight. On her left wall was a door, and on the right one – the one that the bed had been placed beside – was another door. The walls were painted pink, much like that of her old attire. What caught her attention though was the giant light hanging from the centre of the ceiling, more commonly called a badass chandelier.

"Hell, if this isn't heaven, I can't wait to get there," Touko smirked, though her voice was a bit croaky. She tried sitting up properly this time so that her back was propped up against the wall, but the throbbing pain in her body stopped her. The bed was incredibly comfortable, at least compared to the hard dirt she had grown accustomed to recently. As much as the thought of sleeping drew her back in, she had to figure out where she was and why she was in so much pain.

It was true that her leg wounds hadn't fully healed – making her incapable of doing the rigorous training that her Pokémon had been doing the past few months as much as she hoped she could – and that she had more bruises and scars on her body than her whole lifetime, but she had not been in this much pain before the coronation, of that she was sure. Finally, with enough energy, she shoved herself up so that she was leaning over her knees. Scanning the room one more time, Touko also got a view of her body. Her legs, much like before, were wrapped in extensively tight bandages, but what shocked her was that so was the rest of her body. On top there was a very thin layer of clothing, something she didn't dare mention to be…a hospital gown. She bit her tongue at the sight, not exactly fond of this specific article of clothing.

It was then that she noticed the IV drip beside her bed.

"What?"

A crack of thunder shook her as she stared off frightfully at the windows. There was not a single thing she could identify as the Pokémon League. Or whatever they called it now, now that Pokémon had officially been released.

Touko rubbed her temples, trying to remember whatever did happen that day. She wasn't quite sure, but she knew that it had ended a bit…off track. She bit her lower lip, trying to restore all her memories. She sighed, sure that she'd end up having brain damage when she was older with all the head issues she'd had recently. Maybe jumping off cliffs wasn't such a good idea. Didn't matter though, it made for quite a nice show. The last thing she remembered was seeing N, his eyes downcast and an imprudent frown on his face. Touko forced back any insults at the time, either out of good measure or from the fact that she was fainting that very instant. Didn't matter, she was still extremely ticked off with what happened with Hydreigon.

Touko looked at the sheets. He was gone, wasn't he? Even though she knew, the second she left that morning that he was going to be released, she never expected it to hurt this much. Hydreigon, the one that had licked her wounds clean and that protected her from anyone that might hurt her. Hydreigon, the one that had been by her side all this time, was now…gone.

"****!" Touko cried out, tears staining her cheeks yet again. It hurt, it really did.

The brunette quickly averted her gaze to her wrist, hoping to find her bracelet, but found it bare, just like the rest of her. She grimaced, looking around until she noticed a glint coming from the wooden table beside her. She jumped for it, quickly yanking off whatever jewellery was on it. Her heart calmed when she saw the contents in her hand.

Then, the pain returned. Her shrill voice shrieked out in pain as the door in front of her flew open, revealing the tall and handsome N, horror-stricken. He calmed a bit, knowing it wasn't anything too serious.

"You know, that isn't good for your wounds," he stated, matter-of-factly. Touko looked up at him giving him a dark glare, as her legs continued to throb.

"As a good host, you shouldn't be condescending me…" she spat. He looked at her carefully, his gaze more inquiring than anything. Slowly, he stepped towards her as if to help her back up on the bed, but all he noticed was Touko tighten her first as if to protect the jewellery in her hand. N smiled softly.

"I knew they were important. I'm just wondering who they're from," he thought-out loud as Touko quietly looked away, not able to be completely honest with the answer to that. She put one hand over the other, not willing to show him what she held dear. "No need to be so wary," he reassured.

His voice was different this time. Touko had had many conversations with N, all with him have a good, measured tone. Not unlike the one he had during the ceremony, but it was much less controlling. Only at those times did she feel, equal to him. But this time, his voice was nothing like that. It was then that Touko knew that what she saw the other day had been remorse, and that N did feel at least somewhat guilty for his actions. His tone was soothing and completely comforting. It was something completely new to her.

In the light of the room, Touko couldn't admit saying he was an unattractive man, because that was very untrue. N's tea green hair fell down his back in the same old style as usual, the ponytail so wide that the elastic seemed to be snapping. His slate grey eyes hid a twinge of worry and curiosity looming somewhere in the back, but Touko wasn't too quick to assume. Last time that happened, it left her heartbroken. He was dressed in a skin-tight black under shirt that defined him…well, with his jeans and the same Merger's sponge.

"They're from my mom," she stated, looking down at the charm bracelet and the diamond ring. "My mom gave me this bracelet when I was little, and this was her engagement ring," she explained, avoiding his gaze, hoping that if she did, he wouldn't see through her lies. It seemed that it went well when N made a small "mh-hmm" sound that let her continue. "Where am I?"

"You're in the castle."

"Thanks Sherlock," Touko hissed.

N tilted his head to the side, until Touko shook hers, mumbling something. "Never mind," she stated. N straightened and looked at her again, waiting for her to say something else until he started speaking instead.

"I'd like to ask you something," he said, finally closing the door behind him. The brunette hadn't even realised it was open until then, and she mentally cursed herself for not checking it out earlier. She definitely needed to know how to get around. Instead of berating herself, she turned back to the man that loomed above her. But something about him brushed away any thoughts of hatred, instead replacing them with thoughts of worry. He seemed much too innocent to be that evil mastermind that she imagined him to be. It must've been Ghetsis, she concluded. He was the one making this poor thing into an evil lowlife. Their eyes met and N staggered a bit before he sighed and continued.

"What was that?"

Touko paused, before cocking her eyebrow. "What was what?"

N almost gave her a menacing look, as if insulting her mentally for making a fool out of him, but he stopped himself before he could, knowing it would do him no justice if he did. Instead, he stood their silently before taking a deep breath.

"You wouldn't go down that quickly without a fight. I hoped it would discourage the others of rebelling, but they think you did whatever you did on purpose, so it had the opposite effect," N hissed, a slight bit of bile rising in his throat. Touko's eyes widened before she smiled smugly, her expression relaxed.

"So no one released their Pokémon?" she laughed, staring at him intently. It was hilarious, the frustrated look on his face.

"Not yet," N shot back, on the defensive. Touko laughed again, crossing her legs as she leaned her head back on the bed. She quickly released her hair was out of it's fishtail, now loose and natural, much like how it had been the past few months. She also smelled really nice, like vanilla with a hint of…brown sugar. Shampoo, she assumed, very different to her natural flower scent that she had grown accustomed to.

"Guess that backfired on you," she scoffed nonchalantly, zoning out and appreciating the fresh scent. She didn't pay attention to the lingering thoughts on how she took a shower if she'd been out of it for whatever period of time. Finally, she turned to the window and watched as the rain died down to a weak pitter-patter against the solid glass. N stepped closer and Touko instinctively pressed her knees up against her chest.

"So why?" he wondered.

"Why what?" her voice quivered; unstable as she imagined what her life would be know that she was captured. It was her role as hero though, to protect Pokémon and humans alike, no matter what the circumstances may be…even if that meant losing her life altogether.

N noticed this, tears welling up as she tried to keep up a strong façade. He didn't comment. "Why did you hand yourself in?" he pondered out loud, ready to hear harsh accusations or insults from the young girl but heard nothing of the sort. Instead, she seemed incredibly out of it.

"I have no idea what you're talking about. I'm pretty sure trying to run away and gutting you doesn't exactly count as "handing myself in" thank you very much," Touko hissed, giving him an incredulous look. She looked up at his face to see it was still a bit red, meaning what happened hadn't happened long ago. It also meant that he definitely deserved to get punched again. N predicted her train of thought and looked at the floor.

Something about him worried her still. One moment he seemed like a devil, the next like an angel sent from heaven, if you'd call it that. Bipolar maybe? That would explain his strange tendencies and lack of common sense sometimes. She shook her head. Maybe it was the fact that she no longer had the same freedom as before.

No, it was none of that.

What scared her was that N saw right through her. Her guise had been pretty good up until then, but she couldn't let it drop. She had to get him to trust her, to make her less suspicious than she truly was.

"That's true," N suddenly spoke, having an almost thoughtful expression on his face, but he did not seem convinced. "But why, after six months, you decide to show up now, when there are at least a thousand Plasma members ready to kill you if deemed necessary?"

"There he goes with the threats again," Touko smirked, some of that smugness returning again. N was confused, and it would be best if that's as far as he got with the knowledge of what she was doing.

"That's not a threat," he hissed through clenched teeth.

Touko sighed, as if the explanation was so obvious. She stretched out her legs again, before dropping the ring and bracelet in her lap. "I thought I already explained this already. Six months is a long time, and I've been doing a lot in that time span. You also forget that there are also thousands of people all across Unova and the rest of the world watching this event; fully prepared to listen to every word I saw when I beat you."

"But you didn't."

"I know."

"Guess that backfired on you," N smirked, receiving a dirty look from Touko. It was funny seeing her expression like this, although it hadn't been the first time. Touko's bright and cheerful laugh woke him up from his thoughts. "What?"

"Well you could say that it backfired, but considering no one complied with your orders, I'd say everything went exactly as planned," she smirked, receiving a sinister look from her rival.

"Except now you're with me," he stated, something in his tone giving her chills.

"Right," she mumbled, trying to avoid the thought of that. "Mind explaining why?"

"I thought you knew," he growled, frustrated with her already. Had she honestly not known, and just been hiding for six months pointlessly? Was he honestly that bad a person?

"Well, I think you should, y'know, refresh my memory. Six months of avoiding you and planning on how to take you and the rest of your "Pokémon rights" group down makes things hazy," she chuckled dryly, watching N's face twist in shock and hurt.

"That sounds like you just had a bad break-up."

Touko was rendered speechless at the statement. "I'm surprised you even know what that is," she mumbled, her expression matching her statement. N smirked, as if he'd finally one-upped her that time before rubbing the back of his head sheepishly.

"Concordia and Anthea decided to educate me for when we found you."

"If you found me," she scowled, watching his face turn from playful to mocking.

"Did I?"

"You did, technically. I came to you."

"So when it is. That's good enough for me," he decided, receiving another dirty look from the ex-trainer before him. He wanted to ask her more on what she had been doing, on why she had changed so much as opposed to the willing but spunky character he knew before all of this happened, but knew he didn't have the time for that. "As I was saying, they decided to teach about a lot of things so that it would be easier for us to communicate when you were found."

Touko was going to correct him again, but stopped herself. Now was not the time for such petty arguments. Instead, the thought of what exactly the two goddesses had taught him plagued her. She erased the thoughts from her mind as she watched the tall figure before him, another flash of lightning emphasizing his attributes. She bit her lip, about to ask him something before she shushed herself again.

"So why am I here?" the brunette decided, keeping the conversation as plain as possible, and that was pushing it.

N sighed, giving her a frustrated look. She smirked, hiding her smile behind her knees. N dropped down, sitting down with crossed legs and a slightly amused reaction behind his frustration. "I need your help with Unova," he started. "I knew many wouldn't agree with me, so I decided that someone on the other side could help convince them that I'm doing isn't wrong," N explained, to which Touko finally stood up again, although neither were convinced that that was the sole reason. N sighed again, standing up and looking at Touko straight in the eye before watching her laugh excitedly.

"But it is."

"It isn't," he twitched. "It's for the good of..."

"Pokémon and the black-and-white utopia. Yeah, I've heard this enough times to have it memorised. Now tell me how this involves me."

"You're that someone. But you ran off faster than a Rapidash and hid so well a Ditto would be jealous, that I decided to just wait. I knew I would get you eventually," N explained, disturbing Touko the slightest bit with the Pokémon analogies. "But now you're here."

"I'm not going to help you," she spat, looking at the floor. What was wrong with this kid? He thought that just because she was under his control she would do whatever he wanted?

"You say that now," he smiled, looking out the window where the rain calmed again. It was being inconsistent, he noted, before turning back to Touko. "After gaining your trust I doubt that answer will be the same," he stated, as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. Touko's lip twitched into a grim smirk before she ran her fingers through her hair.

"You had that already," she chuckled dryly. "Too bad you ended up being the leader of Pokémon-stealing bandits. Not only that, you betrayed my trust. It was one thing to lose, but another for the winner to rub it in and force me to come with you."

N furrowed his eyebrows in frustration, his face contorting in disgust and horror at the insult.

"Besides, the only way to gain my trust is to do exactly as I ask," she smirked, staring at him right in the eye. N was quick to react this time, also smirking back at her.

"Sorry, doesn't work that way. You're act out there convinced me that you aren't exactly trustworthy. Placing the future of Unova in your hands would be a crime and a sin," N stated smugly, but not fully satisfied until Touko gave him some sort of reaction.

"I'm hurt," Touko gasped mockingly, receiving a dirty look from her opponent.

"This isn't going to be easy, is it?"

"Not at all."

"Well I'm sorry to hear that..."

Touko and N stared at each other, peasant versus King, fighting for the crown that was Unova. Touko finally stood up and looked him right in his eyes, making him falter a bit, a luminescent blush growing on his cheeks, but Touko's stare was concrete and resolute.

"But I'll help..."

"Hmm?" N wondered, his tone hitching the slightest bit at her statement. Touko, noting this, gave him a dark look.

"I meant with making this easier. I don't want to be here, but I don't have much of a choice now do I?" she mumbled darkly, trying to avoid his gaze after seeing his excited expression. N calmed a bit, placing a hand on Touko's shoulder. She flinched a bit and jerked away at the unfamiliar touch, but N just stared at her. "You know...I don't get you."

N tilted his head slightly, raising his eyebrow in confusion. Touko sighed and fell back on the bed. She watched N, almost as if waiting for him to do something. N caught the hint and grabbed a chair near her bedside table and placed it in front of her.

"I don't get...your personality I mean. One moment you're chipper the next you're solemn. You can either be clueless like a child or a dark like a villain. Even now, I don't know what you're thinking. I don't get you, you're so complicated," the brunette contemplated, looking at her knees, all barriers down and broken, leaving her sensitive to the evil mastermind in front of her.

"Don't think of it too much. I guess you can consider it what you want. I'm still learning, but there's much more to me than just that," N chuckled, standing up again. He offered her his hand but Touko got up on her own. The green-haired man chuckled again before leaning in incredibly close to her face.

"Let me give you a tour of the place. Shall we?"

Touko went several different shades of red, either from the proximity or the warm of this breath before he turned around and walked out of her bedroom in a graceful stride. He did not turn to see if she would follow, as if her not following was incomprehensible. Although she questioned his thought process, she indeed followed, wanting nothing more than to see what she would be living in for the next little while, and exactly how to escape when it became necessary.

It was breathtaking. Six months was exactly enough time to make everything look as beautiful as it did. Not only were the halls and rooms adorned with red velvet and gold lace and trims – much like that of N's coronation – but the throne room was just stunning. The water around the walkway was covered in water lilies and lily pads, and it was levelled, leaving waterfalls everywhere that calmed her, soothing her. The walkway was now five times its original size, allowing at least a hundred people to stand on it comfortably. The hole in the wall was fixed, no cracks revealed anywhere, despite Reshiram's grand entrance on that fateful day six months ago. The newly-tiled floors that reflected her image perfectly made the room echo with every step she stepped.

"W-wow..." she gasped. Awestruck was an understatement for how she felt. "This is amazing. How'd you do it?"

"You commented on the six months time. I was prepping for your arrival."

"You knew I was coming?"

"Don't think too lightly of me. You wouldn't give up without a fight, of that I was sure."

Touko stared at him, dumbstruck. He laughed, walking forward where Touko saw Concordia and Anthea, bowing. The blue-eyed girl followed after him, the echoing sending shivers down her spine. Both women gave her a soothing look, something she hadn't expected. Even after potentially – although that was pushing it – killing their Lord, their...King, they held no grudges.

Suddenly, N halted and turned around staring at the shorter girl. She walked into his chest before stepping back, looking at him curiously.

"Is something wrong?"

Then, nostalgia washed over her. His scent filled her nostrils as the water crashed against the walkway, the splashes reminding her of that day such a long time ago.

"I always ask myself if you lost on purpose that day."

"Pardon?"

"I mean, you had never lost before. Every single battle you beat me without a single issue. Even against Cheren and Bianca, you won without issues. Then that day, you lost," N reminisced. Touko looked up at him into his contemplating eyes, emotions swirling through them. What was with the wistful worries?

"It wasn't my decision to lose."

"I know, Victini sacrificed himself for you."

Touko bit her lower lip, afraid of what he was going to ask next.

"Where is he? Where are your Pokémon Touko? If I had paid more attention to when you released Hydreigon, I would know. I mean, if anything, where are your Zoroark and Zorua? You wouldn't..."

"Stop! Stop with these goddamn questions!" Touko hissed, stepping away from him and getting into a threatening stance. "I don't know."

"That's a lie."

"I don't know! I d-don't remember."

He was silenced by her melancholy expression, her eyes glistening with teardrops ready to fall. He went to hold her, to comfort her, but she slapped his hand away.

"Don't touch me you bastard."

The words slipped off her tongue before she could stop herself. She looked up, but before she knew it he brushed passed her with a dark expression, leaving her standing there all alone. Concordia and Anthea followed him, none of the three turning back.

"Where do you think you're going? You going to keep on running away, you coward?"

"I wouldn't be talking about running away when you yourself ran away," a harsh voice commented. N stopped to see who it was, revealing his father, in his long, plain black robe that flattered no part of him. N turned around to see him walk about to the brunette Trainer.

Touko saw the wretched man who was the only person she knew who to blame for everything that happened. She remembered exactly how he told her what was actually going on. But he knew that at the time, she pitied N too much to tell him the truth. And it was true, and even though she held no pity for him, telling N would ruin everything.

"That wasn't running away."

"You're right, it wasn't. It was hiding while you're "kingdom" fell under our control. It's clear who the more honest hero is."

Touko swallowed back bile, forcing herself not to hit him, though it was rather tempting. He didn't seem hurt anymore, which clarified to her that at least a week had passed since the coronation.

"Funny seeing you talk about honesty. Considering everything that you've been spouting out of that wretched mouth of yours," she growled under her breath, making sure N wouldn't overhear. She glanced over to N who seemed confused by her depressed expression.

"Ghetsis, that's enough." N called out. His father turned around and nodded at his son, giving one nasty look to the girl in the hospital gown before walking off out of the Throne Room. This time, Anthea and Concordia followed after him, sensing that N had something to say to Touko.

"I suggest you be careful around him."

"You're more aware than I suspected."

"What do you mean?" he questioned, and Touko chuckled softly, waving it off. N caught her wrist and stared at the bracelet. She gasped, watching his intense gaze. "When did your mother give this to you?"

Touko was shocked by the question. She didn't want to know what he was thinking, and she didn't intend to find out. She darted past him in a rush, her long brown hair flowing behind her before he pulled his arm around her waist, pulling her back against his muscled frame just like he did at the coronation a week ago. His lips at her ear, he smiled.

"These charms can't be older than a year, and I'm positive they're much more expensive than you could afford, and for you to have 200 of them," he commented, watching her struggle, trying to be as protective of herself as possible. She shoved herself back watching him fly back on the ground, before she threatened to run off. He watched her turn around quickly and glare at him in worry. Standing back up, N looked at the shorter nineteen-year- old, whose eyes revealed her feelings.

"I...I battled the Riches family everyday. Miles would...make sure I came back everyday," she lied, knowing very well what position she just put them in, mentally cursing herself. Her eyes fluttered closed before she shook her head and ran off.

"You're not a very good liar."

"Shut up!" she screamed, running out of the Throne Room.

Back