• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ORIGINS: A Collection of Short Stories

Tomandgreen

The Original Copy-Cat
Years
ORIGINS: A Collection of Short Stories

ORIGINS: A Collection of Short Stories, is as the name presents it, a collection of short stories based around the origins of several things in the pokemon world. They are all slightly interconnected, so look for some easter egg references! If there is a specific origin you want me to cover, post it below. I hope you like it, it took me a long time.

Nice Weather We're Having (Origins of Castforme)

Hoenn Weather Institute
"We did it! We finally succeeded in creating a life form! Not only that, but it can serve us a purpose! It can change the weather! We've hit the jackpot, comrades! Pat yourselves on the back, we've made history!"
Jane Sampson, Dr. Sampson by her colleagues, was the happiest she had been in her life. Not because she was going to be amazingly famous, and rich as well, but because she had done it. Her life's work was complete, and the feeling of the burden being lifted was astounding. All she had to do was make sure the new pokemon, the one he called "Preciphet", was safe and sound until the big science exposition in a week. Compared to the gigantic task of creating life, that would be a piece of cake! Ah life is good, thought Jane. Life is really good.
"Hey, Dr. Sampson, congratulations! We did it! So, there's gonna be this crazy celebration party at my house, and everyone's going! We were hoping you'd be the guest of honor. What do ya say? Wanna come?"
"No, Prof. Longwood, I'm sorry but me and my husband are going out to "La Rosarade" tonight. Thank you for the offer though."
"Come on Jane! This is the biggest accomplishment in science since pokemon fossil revival technology! Don't you wanna celebrate with your pals?"
"I said, I have a date with my husband. And it's Dr. Sampson to you! Now if you excuse me, I must be going!"

+ + + + + +​

La Rosarade
"Hey, honey? Was today the big day? Did you manage to teach… that thing…. to use sandstorm?"
"Albert! I haven't seen you all day! Now is not the time to talk about work! Oh, sorry, I'm just a bit riled up, that's all. We gave up on sandstorm, we're letting it's weather-ball be it's fourth move."
"Oh I see, but isn't weather-ball a move that deals damage depending on the weather? What use is that? I mean, you aren't planning on making this a battle pokemon, right?"
"It was that Prof. Longwood's idea. Uhhh, that guy gives me the major goosebumps. He is just so… evil. I understand that creating life requires sacrifices, but mutilating a ditto? There had to be a better way to extract ditto cells! And the way he tried teaching Preciphet rain-dance was abominable! A whip??? It's not a Rapidash! Of course the boss likes him. The boss likes anyone who can get the job done as quick and inexpensively as possible. I bet that Longwood would have been Project Leader, except he's not the smartest. Apparently, he got a C on the entry-exam. 74% is the rumor. But never mind all of that! What should we order?

+ + + + + +​

Laurence Longwood's Celebration Party
"Yo, Longwood, this party is EPIC! Why couldn't you have been the Project Leader? You are way cooler than Jane the Jerk!"
"I couldn't agree with you more. Did you know she flat-out rejected my invitation to the party? She's probably at home, by herself, reading a book about "Quantum Physics". Hey, I have an idea… In fact, I have THE idea. Jerel, what would you say if I told you I have a plan to get the both of us promoted, and jerky Jane fired?"
"Gee Laurence, I'd say you we're really smart! That'd be EPIC!!!! Count me in bro! "
"If you want to be part of this, call me Mr. Longwood, or Lance. Laurence is just a wimpy version of Lance anyways. Meet me after work tomorrow at the |Murkrow's Mannor| That's where our revenge shall begin!"

+ + + + + +​

Murkrow's Mannor
"Pliers?" "Check." "Rubber Gloves?" "Check." "Photoshopped pictures of Dr. Sampson?" "Check." "Mew Egg?" "Check." "Jerel, you are just saying check to everything! Why would you have a Mew Egg??"
"Oh, sorry. I was just dreaming about being promoted. I've been an intern here for 7 months, and the biggest job I ever got was cleaning the boss's office! I wonder why..."
"Maybe it's because you are a complete moron! You forgot the pliers! That's okay, I have some bobby-pins, they should work just the same. now let's jump in the car and be off!"

+ + + + + +​

Hoenn Weather Institute
"The genius of this plan is the mixture of simplicity, and strength. I mean, it's fool proof. Let's just hope it's Jerel-Proof!"
"HEY, stop being so mean Lauren... Lance! At least I got a 76% on MY entrance exam! Better than you pal!"
"Jerel, shut up. I had test anxiety, that's all! And who told you that?!? Was it Jane?!?!?! Let's just get this over with! The sooner.... the better!"

BOOM BOOOOM BOOOOOOOOOOM​
"Uhhh, Prof. Longwood? What was that? I'm scared!!! Mommy!!!"
"Jerel, hide, quick! I think it's thieves! If we save this place from theives, we will get even more promoted! We may even become vice-bosses! Me at least."

THE POKEMON IS BEING HELD ON FLOOR 3 SECTION C-11

"Lance, they're after Preciphet! We need to do something!"
"Preciphet? PLEASE! That is the lame name Jane invented for it. My name is much better! It's a weather forecast pokemon, and it has different forms for most of the types of weather. Mix forecast with form and you have.... CASTFORME! Catchy, right?"
"Very catchy Lance, very catchy! But we need to save it!"
"Fine, fine! Go Magneton! Go Electibuzz! Let's go find those thieves!"
"Um... go Clefairy! Help Lance out and stuff!"
"Really? Jerel, a Clefairy? Lemme guess, you have never even battled with it... Poor Jerel, do you have a single badge? Me, I've got a pretty sweet Feather Badge from that babe Winona!"
".... Clefairy return. Come on, let's go!"

SCIENTISTS IN BUILDING, FIND AND DESTROY!​

"Jerel, quick, abandon our plan and exit the building! They know about us!"
"No Lance. We have to fight the intruders! I may not be too smart, but I'm loyal to this place! We must save it!"
"Yes, um...., you do that, I'm out!"
"SAYS WHO?"
"Oh, um, haha, hey! I was just about to leave, really, and um..."
"YOU ARN'T LEAVING ANY TIME SOON! WE PLAN ON TAKING YOUR ARTIFICIAL POKEMON AT ALL COSTS!"
"Who are you anyways? I... I won't rat you out... I promise!"
"I AM SHELLY OF TEAM AQUA, WE ARE HERE TO TAKE WHAT WE WANT!"
"You are never going to bypass the ultra-sonic security lock without the voice of a scientist who works here! You are gonna need my help, and in return, I'm gonna need yours."
"No, Lance, don't do it! These people are evil! We don't need their help to fire Jane! You have a genius plan! Right?"
"Well, actually Jerel, my plan was to break in, put a photoshopped picture of Jane in a bikini on the boss's desk, and run! These guys can help us accomplish soooo much more!"
"IF WE ACCEPT! TEAM AQUA HARDLY EVER MAKES DEALS.... BUT MAYBE WITH YOU. WHAT DO WE HAVE TO DO?"
"Well, it's simple. Break into Jane Sampson's house, steal her Laboratory Key, make it look like Jane came in here, took Castforme, and left. You guys really took Castforme though. See? Arn't I a genius?"
"IT WILL BE DONE!"

1 Hour Later

"WE HAVE DONE IT. NOW OPEN THE CHAMBER AT ONCE!"
"Okay, okay, but you are wanting Floor 3, Section C-14, not C-11! C-11 was the testing chamber, we have finished all of our testing! Geez, what would you do without me?"
"GET GOING AND OPEN IT UP!!!"
'Hey Shelly, do you have a boy-friend or something?"
"MAKE ANOTHER REMARK LIKE THAT AND YOU WILL BE FED TO MY SHARPEDOS!
"Sorry, Sorry. Here we go: Laurence Longwood, Professor of Geneology, Open."
"THE POKEMON! THE ONE CALLED CASTFORME! SEIZE IT!"

+ + + + + +​

"So you see boss, It's obvious Jane came in her, drunk from her night out partying with me, and tried to steal Castforme! Luckily, she was so drunk, she took BETA-9, our final failed attempt!"
"Castforme? You mean, Preciphet? Well, I certainly like the name Castforme better, and as you are the new Project Leader, I guess you ought to be able to give our little money-maker a name change!'
"Me? The new Project Leader? Why, I'm honored! May I make Jerel my Assistant?"
"I'm not sure why anyone would want Jerel as their assistant, but I guess if you want to! Good work on Castforme by the way, good work indeed!"
"Thank you Boss, it means a lot. Now if you excuse me, I must go fire Jane!"

+ + + + + +​

The Sampson Residence
"Jane, honey, you haven't stopped crying for hours, what's wrong?"
"Ohhhhh, Alby!!!! It's.... HORRIBLE!!! I... was accused of getting drunk and stealing our prototype pokemon! I'm.... fired! And it's all that LONGWOOD"S FAULT! Alll.... HISSSS.... FAULT!!!!!!!"
"Jane, calm down, we can fix this, I'm sure we can!"
"No.... It's hopeless, my life's dream, shattered. I... I have to go. It's been nice Albert, it really has. I will always love you, but I need to go. I need to escape this town, this region even. I need to leave. Good-bye."
"Jane, this is a major over-reaction! Jane! JAAAANNNNNNEEEEE!"

+ + + + + +​

Team Aqua Base
"We've been tricked by that imbecile Longwood! This thing can't change the weather, it just stares, like... like... like.... like a WEEGEE! We must extract our revenge! All Aqua members, report to the Hoenn Weather Institute! We are about to take what is ours.... CASTFORME!"

+ + + + + +​

Hoenn Weather Institute
"The expedition is tomorrow boys! We must make sure Castforme is in tip-top shape! We do want the grand unveiling to be a magnificent one, don't we?"
"YES!"
"And for that, Castforme needs to be able to perform Sunny-Day, Rain-Dance, Hail, and Weather Ball to the best of it's abilities, right?"
"RIGHT!"
"And we need to make sure it transforms into the proper form during the proper weather, correct?
"CORRECT!"
"So, Jerel, how was the speech?"
"It pumped me up sir, it pumped me up!"

WE ARE TEAM AQUA! WE ARE HERE TO TAKE CASTFORME! FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH OUR RULES IS DEATH! NOW SOMEONE HELP US FIND LONGWOOD!

"Jerel, please tell me I'm dreaming. Please, please tell me I'm dreaming!"
"Unless we are both dreaming, sir, you are not."
"......................................................"

"A YOUNG BOY HAS BREACHED OUR DEFENSES! PREPARE TO BATTLE!"

+ + + + + +​

"Longwood! Im ashamed! You made a deal with these ruffians?? I fired good old reliable Jane for nothing??? This whole place is a mess. Know what? The only decent person in the building is Sean. He is only 10 years old, and he saved us all. Here Sean, take Castforme. You have more of a use for it than us!"
"But.... BOSS!!!! He is our prized possesion!!!! Don't give that wierd 10 year-old it!"
"I don't take advice from fired workers."
"Thank you! I will keep good care of Castforme! I just love pokemon! I'm glad I could be of assistance! Bye!

+ + + + + +​

2 Years Later in Pastoria City
"Hello. I used to work at the Hoenn Weather Institute. If you trade me some shards, I can teach your pokemon some weather-based moves."
"Umm... no thanks lady. Maybe later? Gotta run, I'm gonna beat Fantina next!"
"Come bye later! Hmmmm.... Life goes on, life goes on.

CREDITS TO BE READ WITH THIS AS BACKGROUND MUSIC​

Story Writer: Tomandgreen

Idea Maker: Tomandgreen

Pokemon Creation: GameFreak & Nintendo

Song: The Beatles, Life Goes On

Readers: YOU!!!

Suggestions: None

Forums: Pokecommunity

Oh la dee, oh la da, life goes on, oh! Oh how life goes on!

Thank you for reading this, and enjoy the music! Another short story soon! Good-bye!

Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2011
I like this. I like this A LOT. I think you should continue, because that may be one of the best Fan-Fics I have read in a while. And yes, there were some errors I noticed, and Jane's reaction to being accused was over-dramatic, but it fit into the games SO WELL! I realise not all the short stories you post will be as good as that, but can they all have credits and awesome credit music? It felt so nice to reach the end of the story and hear one of my fav songs. In fact, that might be what persuaded me to like this so much. Oh and Jerel. I <3 Jerel. Can Jerel be an Easter Egg in another of the short stories? And I would love to see an origins of pokemon in there too. I always wondered about the pokemon world and it's human-like inhabitants. Please, please do that!

Tomandgreen

The Original Copy-Cat
Years
@He Who Must Not Be Named

Thanks for being the first to comment, and for recommending me on your new users thread! For those things, I will:

-Make Jerel apear again, in some form.
-Work extra hard to finish my next short story.
-Make Credits and Awesome Credit Music for all my stories.

The origins of the PokeWorld would be really hard to do, but maybe sometime in the future. Yet again, thanks for the support.

@Everybody

My next short story is going to be based on The Old Chateau and how it came to be abandoned and haunted. Should be good, ;). Any Credit Music Suggestions?

Back