• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OOC://The Race. SU's Welcome.

Roserade

Proud Member of the PQ.
Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2014
    This is a Chapter RP.
    PG-14

You. You are not good enough for this race.

You are not:

Strong enough.
    Smart enough.

And the only way to prove you are is to win.

JohtoII.png

The Johto Race began ten years ago, after the fall of Team Rocket. The Blackthorn Temple, home to the Blackthorn Council, decided that trainers had to be toughened for any other attack. Team Galactic and Team Plasma rose soon after. This just reinforced the Blackthorn Council's idea. Johto would be prepared for any attack. The Race is said to be fun, dangerous, scary, and difficult. The previous nine champions are among the most famous trainers in the world; all want to be them. The participants are chosen by the Blackthorn Council to fight it out with the others.

Due to this challenge, many stopped becoming trainers just to feed the amount of challengers. Smaller, evil organizations began to grow without fear. Amongst them is Team Launch. Their goals are unclear. Strangely, many notable trainers who have lost are ones who already amounted to greatness such as:
    Gold.
    Red.
    Blue.
    Lance.

This competition is for the elite. Can you pass the test?

Spoiler:

Judging:

Now for the judging. Judging will be based on how well you compose your post. Depending on the best quality, I will select the winner. However, if you do get an advantage, your chances will be strengthened. This does not guarantee a win. I will rate your posts on three catergories.

Length and Grammar
    Your post must be at least two paragraphs long. There is no maximum length. I expect decent to great grammar. ^^

Creativity.
    Your post must be awesome. Yes, there is no other way to put it. As a reader, I want to be thrilled, terrified, nervous, or laughing by the end of your post. In a Group Competition, this may just guarantee you the win as long as everyone in your group writes with passion.

Perfection

Originality
    Your post must separate you apart from the others. Maybe, your character goes blind. It doesn't matter, just make it the best you can make it. Okay? Sounds good? All right!

Remember, in this RP, you do not battle in gyms. Keep to your goal and you may survive. Each city will take two posts, most of the time. Every now and then, there may be three in case there is a special event.

First Post: Finding the Blackthorn Sphere using my directions. This post should involve how you cracked my puzzle and how you got there. In this post, you should detail how you got to the location fastest.
    Second Post: Completing your challenge. Post to the best of your ability. Post any ways you plan to strengthen your chances and lower your opponents'.
    Third Post: Only sometimes, there will be a special event that requires skill.

Past Winners:
    If you manage to win a challenge, you may be given one PW token. You may use this token at any time to help you with a task. In a city or route with a past winner, you can use your token and are given a hint to automatic safety.

Example:

Mary finds herself in Violet City with past winner, Falkner. Falkner PM's her a hint that tells her to put the words Purple Hippo in her post. As long as it follows the Length regulation, her post validates her. She is safe from elimination. But, this doesn't mean she wins. This only keeps her from elimination. The following are past winners.

Professor Elm (New Bark Town) Won due to massive Pokemon knowledge.
    Falkner (Violet City) Won due to quick Pokemon evolution.
    Whitney (Goldenrod City) Won due to confidence and persistence.
    Pryce (Mahogany Town) Won due to intimidation and wisdom.
    Silver (Mt. Silver) Won due to his refusal to give up.
    Tuscany of the Week Siblings (Route 29) Won after multiple opponents were sabotaged.
    Eloise Johns (Whirl Islands) Won due to gaining the public's favor.
    Eusine (Anywhere) Won due to mysterious appearance of Suicune.
    Elder Li (Sprout Tower) Won due to massive luck.

Elimination:

Yes. This is an Elimination game. That means that after each round, one of twenty contestants will be eliminated. This could very well be you, even if you have a great post. Somebody could be better. It could also be a NPC. You will not know which challenges are elimination challenges, but most cities are. Let us hope you do not get eliminated too early.

If you are eliminated...what can you do? Watch from the sidelines? Certainly not. Well that is an option but...you could always pick a character and help them win. Maybe you join Team Launch and try to destroy the other competitors for revenge. Maybe, you travel to Blackthorn City to kill the Blackthorn Council. But then again...you could just watch. That's pretty fun too.

Spoiler:

Rules and Regulations:

1. Follow all ordinary RP rules. That means no bunnying, good posts, and STAY ACTIVE.
    2. This is serious, so no fun. Make sure you HAVE FUN.
    3. During the Race, horseplay is allowed, but only I will determine if it is okay.
    4. Keep the bad language and romance to a minimum.

Example:

Marty can't put one thousand hammers over Drew's head. But, he can put quick sand around his tent while sleeping, therefore slowing him down. Then, maybe Drew will be eliminated due to his tardiness.

SU's:

Competitor:

Name:
    Answer to Riddle: (Answer + Riddle)
    Personality: (2-3 Paragraphs)
    Appearance: (2-3 Paragraphs)
    Hometown: (In Johto)
    Reason for Entering The Race:
    Talents:

I am currently looking for 10 different competitors. There will be 20 competitors battling it out. 10 will be NPC's including the four above. I will start the first chapter once we reach at least 6-8 competitors. My SU will be posted soon.

Beginning Riddle:

You do not begin with this Pokemon. The first challenge will involve you having to get the Pokemon from a certain spot. I will explain everything in Chapter One. These are from Kanto and Johto and these riddles are not incredibly difficult. I would recommend using this website. These will be your first Pokemon, and unless you win a challenge, they may just be your only Pokemon. Happy Tournament.

Spoiler:

Finally, as this is a learning experience, I would like to take feedback along with your entry. I will respect all comments, except those who are rude.

Last edited:
    Back