Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Research & Development Got a well-founded knack with ROM hacking? Love reverse-engineering the Pokémon games? Or perhaps you love your assembly language. This is the spot for polling and gathering your ideas, and then implementing them! Share your hypothesis, get ideas from others, and collaborate to create!
Research & Development programs in this forum are subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Old September 3rd, 2014 (12:49 PM).
Resident ASMAGICIAN

Since Shiny Quagsire has built both custom introductions and titlescreens in C, the last step in the intro sequence is the Oak Tutorial. Recently, I started work on making something similar to the Platinum intro in FireRed. This sequence is written entirely in C, and my progress can be tracked on GitHub.

Basically, this project has two goals:
  1. Allow the creation of custom Oak Tutorials
  2. Neaten up the process of using C for hacking
I will be making a library to go along with this, so making more stuff will be relatively easy. It will take a while, because I have to research the whole system while copying it. Here is a sample video.

There are a few kinks which I haven't yet worked out. The first one is the font colour of the multichoice. I haven't yet figured out how to make that black. Next, is the fact that I don't know how to wait for a message to finish rendering, thus the timing on the multichoice boxes is a little off. These aren't very high priority at the moment, but if anyone has some tips, it'd be much appreciated.

Relevant Advertising!

Old September 5th, 2014 (3:23 AM).
Aussie's Toughest Mudder

For myself, I generally just search the palette colours in a hex editor and make them 00 00 for black. Unless that palette is shared by the background or Gary but I'm not sure.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links