• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Resizing sprites and keeping quality?

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    When I resize the portrait sprites for my game, such as switching out professor oak with another character, the new character is small. so I try to make it big, but when i do it looks horrible. is there anyway to change this and keep the quality? Also i am using fireworks and photoshop

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
    Years
  • When I resize the portrait sprites for my game, such as switching out professor oak with another character, the new character is small. so I try to make it big, but when i do it looks horrible. is there anyway to change this and keep the quality? Also i am using fireworks and photoshop

I made a tutorial about something relating to image resizing. Maybe this will help?
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=248404

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    I had a quick glance at that tutorial IceGod64, looks good, I've never seen that thread before... The thing I can see straight away, is, Photoshop is much easier to do this, and that is what comicmast is using

The thing I've found with resizing any picture is, make sure it is NOT 255 colours... Then resize 200%.

Quick and easy.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    I did what Ice said and used the tutorial and they still look horrible. and nick, when i used photoshop, it does the same thing. it takes away quality.

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
    Years
  • I had a quick glance at that tutorial IceGod64, looks good, I've never seen that thread before... The thing I can see straight away, is, Photoshop is much easier to do this, and that is what comicmast is using

The thing I've found with resizing any picture is, make sure it is NOT 255 colours... Then resize 200%.

Quick and easy.

Well, it's easier for single images. If you have to resize a lot of images XNView is a million times better. It's saved me tons of time in the past.

I did what Ice said and used the tutorial and they still look horrible. and nick, when i used photoshop, it does the same thing. it takes away quality.

Okay, do us a favor here. What are you trying to resize? Show us the picture.

mineox100

Hey.
    Years
  • Open Paint and press Ctrl+A.
    After that, right-click and find "Resize".
    Type in "Horizontal" and "Vertical" the number 200.
    Press "OK".
    Don't use "Skew" or remove the "Maintain Aspect Ratio"!
    Hope this helped!

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    Well, it's easier for single images. If you have to resize a lot of images XNView is a million times better. It's saved me tons of time in the past.

Okay, do us a favor here. What are you trying to resize? Show us the picture.

I know this, but the question isn't specific enough!

The bold is what we need to know...

Back