• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Engine DS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Razor

Yellow Remaker
Years
  • Hi, i was wondering if anyone is interested in developing an engine for DS instead of trying ton rom hack DS pokemon. A 2D pokemon engine is not that hard to develop and there's examples over the internet.

I'm not asking someone to do all the work, but I'm asking people if they are people interested in making a team??

Chiaki Shinichi

Beginning Hacker
    Years
  • Hi, i was wondering if anyone is interested in developing an engine for DS instead of trying ton rom hack DS pokemon. A 2D pokemon engine is not that hard to develop and there's examples over the internet.

I'm not asking someone to do all the work, but I'm asking people if they are people interested in making a team??

There is already one engine created.

Pokemon Essentials DS

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=239486

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
    Years
  • Sounds pretty good to me. Do you mean like homebrewing, but its games you created instead ROMs?
    I'm useless at scripting, coding, and programming but I could collect graphics and get publicity on other GameDev websites.

Also Pokémon Essentials DS is still pretty glitchy, I can't import new Pokemon. It's better to see how well Pokemon Essentials BW turns out.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    I'm not going to allow this thread. I think you need to do some research first. Yeah it'd be great to have an engine and everything, but you do realise it'll be a couple hundred thousand lines of code to get the engine working at full swing? Regardless, this is a pipe dream. It doesn't hold discussion.

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back