• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

AAML is dead!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ali(mika_umbreon)

The fairest of them all..
Years
  • Sorry to say this, but AAML it totally, 100%, DEAD. Misty has been kicked out. She even makes an appearance again, and leaves for the episode. All of your hopes are tarnished. Misty is gone. Forever. She is never coming back. At first the writers decided ash should have a girlfriend. So Misty was born. But then, the hints started getting weaker and weaker. Then, they started giving more and more palletshipping hints, centering the show on Ash and Gary. And then, Misty was kicked off the show to cover up thier mistake. They Just got so sick of the god****ed ***** and replaced her. Behold Ash's new Girlfriend, May. Well let's see how THIS turns out.

No swearing please. ~Kairi

Sayuri no Hoshi

♥ i'm loving angels instead ♥
    Years
  • Ali(mika_umbreon) said:
    Sorry to say this, but AAML it totally, 100%, DEAD. Misty has been kicked out. She even makes an appearance again, and leaves for the episode. All of your hopes are tarnished. Misty is gone. Forever. She is never coming back. At first the writers decided ash should have a girlfriend. So Misty was born. But then, the hints started getting weaker and weaker. Then, they started giving more and more palletshipping hints, centering the show on Ash and Gary. And then, Misty was kicked off the show to cover up thier mistake. They Just got so sick of the god****ed ***** and replaced her. Behold Ash's new Girlfriend, May. Well let's see how THIS turns out.

No swearing please. ~Kairi

AAML's not totally dead. I'm still a fan--but I'm becoming more of a realist in this situation. Ash and Misty have a REALLY strong friendship; however, that doesn't mean they have to become lovey-dovey. It's a really nice thought ^^;; but it's not going to happen because Pokemon isn't centered around romance and marriage like part of the plotline for Ranma 1/2. Ash and Misty do keep in touch by the way, because Misty says something like "It's finally nice to meet you" to May in the episode she makes an appearance in and Ash has probably mentioned her to May and Max in a non-episode contained coversation of theirs.

And not to be a killjoy, ^^; as much as I adore Ash and Misty, Misty wasn't just put there to be Ash's future wife. In a lot of teenage/kids shows you see that the main character always has two best friends. If the main character's a girl, she'll have a boy that's a friend and also a girl and in Ash's scenario he has a friend that's also a girl and also a boy, namely Brock in general. So it's basically to have a little of each--Misty's mainly a female counterpart seeing as they both have the same personality. As for May...*twitch*...meh. ^_^ Sorry to be so in depth about everything, but that's how I feel, lol.

ChaoX

The Lugia Master
    Years
  • wow, you guys must be smart, writing big long paragraphs and such.

Anyway I liked Misty alout more then May. It might just be that Misty has a greater historic record with the show then May has so far. Even when im watching the show im sorta uneasy about May replacing Misty. A difference between them is that Misty had an attitude while May (in my opinion) acts just like a dumber Ash(yes that is sorry).

Years
  • It's..dead? yay! er...I mean..sad...I dont really think its totally dead (why?) I dont know why...hm..i was never a fan of Misty, or May. I like May better cause she doesnt know anything! :p haha poor May, misty returns, in those episodes i bet everyone is happy (cept may!)

Sleek

Eon Trainer
    Years
  • time to speak my mind. in my opinion, misty was one of the greatest characters (besides Lance). i think if they should "drop" anyone it should have been ash. he doesnt evolve his pokemon, he only wins badges by sympathy, hes mentally ill, he doesnt catch the good pokemon because he 'feels baad'. he just gives me bad vibes. too much sympathy....and the show isnt dead yet. i still watch just to see r/s pokes in animation.

usami

biohazard
    Years
  • I dont think they should have got rid of Misty shes like the glue that holds the show together I mean you got girl crazy Brock & stupid Ash(no offense to ash fans) i mean someone has to keep the two in hand i mean May she dosent seem to be to enthusiastic about being there. Ok i just wanted to say that.

IndianPokefan

Fire Dragon
    Years
  • I always liked Ash/Misty. I do feel they are cute for each other, but if Misty is gone, I think that's really bad.

Arore

I Like to Kill Things
    Years
  • I wish that they didn't drop ANYONE because the original characters were the best together. Brock was awesome and I thought Misty and Ash were cute together. But, come on! Tracey?! I mean, Tracey's cool and all, but not nearly as cool as Brock. Why is it that every season Ash is specifically FORCED to start a new relationship? Feh. -_-

Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Feb 2, 2013
    nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo misty whats gunna happen to togepi?? misty has been through all the pokemon series and movies. I think ninteno have made a big mistake because less people will now watch it, kiking her out was like kikin pikachu out misty come bak. How does she leave does she go back to her gym???

Sayuri no Hoshi

♥ i'm loving angels instead ♥
    Years
  • Togepi said:
    nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo misty whats gunna happen to togepi?? misty has been through all the pokemon series and movies. I think ninteno have made a big mistake because less people will now watch it, kiking her out was like kikin pikachu out misty come bak. How does she leave does she go back to her gym???

*turns on obnoxious, self-righteous Sayuri no Hoshi*
    It's not a matter of people not watching the show just because Misty left. Brock left during the Orange Islands and people weren't as worked up about that seeing as how he was the "third wheel" in the common Pokeshipper's mind. A lot of people want to watch it now because it's a brand new season of Pokemon. Misty does leave, and she does go back to the Gym to take care of it while her sisters are on vacation. However, she comes back for a little bit for two episodes because of a two-part story and her Togepi evolves into a Togetic ^_^ and she leaves it in the Mirage Kingdom. She then leaves to go back to Cerulean Gym afterwards.
    *turns off obnoxious, self-righteous Sayuri no Hoshi*

ash_misty4ever

We should be lovers....
    Years
  • I don't think AAML is dead. Just like Brock, it was time to get a new character. AAMl couldn't just die suddenly. Even though Misty left it doesn't mean that she still doesn't love Ash. I really don't know about taking out Misty to cover their mistake. I actually liked the older episodes of Pokemon than the new ones.

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
    Years
  • AAML was dead from the start. Shipping is a fan's waste of time, imo. Heck, Ash cares more about Pikachu than that red-haired thing with the lopsided ponytail.

Years
  • True, shipping is fan based but it's not a waste of time. ^^

IMO, AAML isn't completely dead. It's all in the fan's will and sanity. Even if there are oncoming barrages of Advanceshipping hints, a dedicated shipper always keeps his cool.

(Oncoming Specialshipping fanarts don't faze a Feelingshipper like me XD)

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2004
    Why did they get rid of Misty? I mean, she was Ash's first friend! Plus, she vowed to follow him until HE bought her a new bike! Now, Joy fixes it, and Misty is lost in PokeHistory... I know about Brock and the Orange Islands, then Ash and Gary become friends, now, Misty dies, and the show fries. Who's gonna pull Brock away from his big-heart-shaped-eye moment?!? (Although I really like the idea of May being dumber than Ash...) :laugh:

orange*berry

Has catching up to do...
    Years
  • I'm sorry. I didn't read all the replies in this topic, but I thought Id just give my opinion here. n.n() In Pokemon, romance isn't a common subject. I think they put Kasumi into the series just to have a female character, and maybe attract some female fans. I think 4kids wanted to create a relationship between the two since the media influences kids to get into this sort of thing so early. It really is more apparent in the English version. I mean... she practically confesses it to the public numerous times in all the various soundtracks they released over here. () Now that Kasumi is gone, Satoshi x Haruka is replacing Satoshi x Kasumi. (Though personally, I think Shigeru and Satoshi would be cute together. ()) n.n()

Q Man

Erm...
    Years
  • *tries to keep calm, and not explode*
    I'll state how I feel right now, flat-out. I don't belive that Pok?shipping/AAML will ever die out. It's all in the mentality of its supporters (such as me), and so long as they still belive, the concept of them loving each other will never die.
    *crosses arms* AAML dead... How rediculous.

Kenta

OK! Kanpeki!
    Years
  • AAML definately is not dead

The manga for example is full of it!

heck! even Blue comments around everyone at the end of the G/S/C Special that Red should just live with her

beat that! :P

Mystical Mewtwo

Or MM2 for lazy typers
    Years
  • hello!

well, u guys, i must say that AAML is not dead. While some of you belive they got rid of her for other reasons, i think it is because the voice actress wanted a break. Many voice actors do the same. At first i thought she was gone forever, but she showed up once. This, however, is my opinion, not fact: i do not know if the voice actress really wanted a break. However, with mysty out of the trio it gives her much less lines :)

Spike Razzor

"Don't argue, you failed..."
    Years
  • I'll give it to you straight. AAML isn't alive, nor is it dead. Do you know why kids (thats what you people fighting are acting like)? Well maybe cause it doesn't exist, its all pure 100% fan based foolishness people do to past time. We don't know single thing about the characters (example:Ashs father), so why assume there inlove? I wouldn't want people to assume just cause my friends a girl that we are an instant couple, neither would anyone here unless you are really thoughtless.

Mika, I always knew something was up with you. Your posts make you sound like a 10 year old girl on one of those very speacial days every month, it makes me sick. I don't like people that act the same way you do, makes the others ask themselves "Why is this person still here?".

In conclusion, AAML never was to begin with. Common sense has hit again.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back