• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Johto Reboot [T]

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
Years

johtom10.jpg

Introduction

'Do-do-do, Do, Do-do-do!
Do-do-do, Do, Do-do-do!
Pokemon Johto!
Do-do-do, Do, Do-do-do!
Do-do-do, Do, Do-do-do!
'

Hey guys, I'm just finished my exams and will have a lot of free time for the next few months. With no sign of my laptop breaking in the near future I decided to start a roleplay. Why Johto? Well my last roleplay was set in Kanto and thought it'd be logical to the next region! At first I was going to consider making this RP set deep in the past, then in the future but decided against either of them.

This roleplay is based solely on the G/S/C/HG/SS games. Very little will vary from the game canon other than what is stated otherwise in the rules and that there is several protagonists. Other slight variations include wild Pokémon and those used by Team Rocket members and Gym Leaders. Also certain event Pokémon will be changed such as trades being introduced and more gift Pokémon becoming available.

Note that I won't be participating myself. I shall be the GM, or Games Master overseeing all happenings. I hope whoever applies and is accepted enjoys this and has fun, haha.

Background;

'It's a whole new world we live!
Do-do-do, Do, Do-do-do!
It's a whole new way to see!
Do-do-do, Do, Do-do-do!
It's a whole new place!
With a brand new attitude!
But you still gotta CATCH'EM ALL!
Be the best that you can be!
'

The Johto region is a region of the Pokémon world. It is located west of Kanto, and as revealed by the radio show Sinnoh Sound, is located south of Sinnoh. It is the setting of Pokémon Gold, Silver, Crystal, HeartGold, and SoulSilver. Johto and Kanto are part of a large landmass, with everything west of Indigo Plateau falling in the Johto region. Though it is unlike Kanto in that its name is not directly based on that of a region of Japan; Junichi Masuda has come forward in his director's column naming the kanji that inspired the name mean "castle palace" or "lattice-shaped palace"; this meaning is connected to the city of Nara, which was the basis for Violet City.

First explored in Pokémon Gold and Silver, it is home to an additional 100 Pokémon that were not present in the previous games. In the Generation II games and HeartGold and SoulSilver, players begin their journey in New Bark Town, where Professor Elm offers either Chikorita, Cyndaquil or Totodile to beginning Pokémon Trainers. The English-version names of most of the cities in Johto are also the names of plants or things related to plants.

Johto returns in Generation IV's HeartGold and SoulSilver, with all areas from its Generation II iteration returning, and several new areas being accessible, such as the Safari Zone, with the new Routes 47 and 48 leading to it.

You;

'Everybody wants to be a master!
Everybody wants show their skills!
Everybody wants to get there faster!
Make their way to the top of the hill!
'

You are an aspiring Pokémon Trainer. This is the first year in which Professor Elm has chosen to adopt Professor Oak's concept of inviting three trainers from around the region to become Pokémon trainers. Upon hearing this, Oak had decided to give his help to his peer. He offered Elm the three classic Kanto 'starters,' Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle, to offer to new trainers along with the to-be traditional Johto trio, consisting of Chikorita, Cyndaquil and Totodile. Elm's aim is to see if bonding with humans enhances a Pokémon's potential.

This is where you come in. Elm's enterprise was well publicized throughout Johto, and was aimed at young people between the ages of ten and sixteen. You applied for a position to receive a Pokémon and help Elm's research. However you weren't the only one with hundreds wanting the same thing. Despite this you were chosen by the Professor, he seen the potential in you and you were selected. You then make your way to New Bark town to receive your starter Pokémon!

Rules;

'Everybody wants make a statment!
Everybody needs to carve their mark!
Stand alone in the victory circle!
Stake their claim when the music starts!
'​

1) Follow all existing PC roleplaying rules.
2) Please, don't god-mod.
3) Let us know if you'll be inactive.
4) Make your reply as long as you possibly can.
5) I will decide if you capture the Pokémon or not, leave the ball rocking at the end of your comment.
6) You can decide whether the opponent does or does not faint when facing an NPC (which you can battle at any time).
7) When battling another player, please come to a conclusion of who is to win between yourselves. You can even let the match end in a draw. If you cannot come to a decision, then do not have the battle.
8) This roleplay will take place in chapters. You do not need to keep up with everyone else, or be in the right chapter. However it is advised as if you're not you may miss important events and interaction.
9) This roleplay is not based on levels, therefore you can let your Pokémon learn moves at any time, however try not to be unrealistic. However, I will inform you when your Pokémon is able to evolve, then it is your decision if your Pokémon will evolve or not. Once I've let you know your Pokémon can evolve, you can do so at any time. If you want your Pokémon to evolve let me know, if I think you have a good enough reason (e.g. to defeat the Gym Leader) then I will allow it.
10) You may carry around six Pokémon at a time, like in the anime and games. All other Pokémon are stored in 'the Box' or at Elms lab.
11) Reservations last 48 hours.
12) I will most likely be lenient with requests so don't feel shy to ask about anything you need. If you would like to use a certain Pokémon let me know and I'll make it available in a suitable location.

Last edited:

Gandhi Savage

Years
Chapter One;
THEME -> HERE

New Bark Town

7370c9b4445af72d1c9bb3387770e8c1.png

New Bark town is a small, quaint town in south-eastern Johto. There are very little services in an area that doesn't really require many. There are a few shops owned by local people selling groceries but none sell Pokémon related goods. There are only a few houses in the rural town with a low population. New Bark is surrounded by dense forestry which is very hard to go through so it is recommended that you avoid it. In the north-west of the town lies the region renowned Elm Laboratory, where the Professor is awaiting your arrival. Upon your arrival you will be gifted the Pokémon you have previously selected in your SU, and a number of Pokéballs (note that you do not yet receive a Pokédex). After you receive your starter you may travel the small town, and socialize with the locals. One of the locals will challenge you to a battle, you may create the appearance and personality of said trainer, or you may completely avoid the event. You may choose which Pokémon he has and the outcome of the battle.

Available Pokémon;

Only your starter.

What may, may not and must do;

- You must travel in or to New Bark Town.
- You must receive your starter Pokémon.
- You may have as many posts as you wish in New Bark Town.
- You may not interact with other roleplayers here, you all arive at different times.

Route 29

300px-Johto_Route_29_HGSS.png

Similar to Route 1 in Kanto, Trainers traveling from Cherrygrove to New Bark can hop over a series of ledges to avoid the grassy areas and to travel between the two areas quickly while Trainers traveling from New Bark to Cherrygrove must travel through a series of grass patches to reach their destination. The first such patch is near the start of the route where the path turns south into the patch to circumvent a ledge. Route 29 westbound continues to follow the ledge south, then to the west before the route opens up at a T-intersection. To the west, Trainers whose Pokémon can use Cut outside of battle can chop down a tree to open a grass-less path to Cherrygrove. Those who do not have Cut, however, must go north through a break in the ledge.

Available Pokémon;

Common;
016.gif
019.gif

Uncommon;
161.gif
163.gif

Rare;
187.gif
190.gif

What may, may not and must do;

- You must travel through Route 29.
- You may catch the Pokémon you battle.
- You must end an attempt to catch a Pokémon with the throwing the Pokéball, I will decide whether you catch it or not.
- You may interact with and/or battle other roleplayers here, however if you do it is preferable that you do so via. joint posting.
- You may create and control as many NPC's as you would like, you can use them as travel partners (you also may keep them with you throughout as much as the roleplay as you'd like) or you can battle them, the choice is yours.

Last edited:

YogiOne

Fantasy Dreamer
Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2016

Ryan Marsdon

Chapter 1 Post 1
Ryan Marsdon, the world's greatest?

Pok%C3%A9_Ball_III.png
Pok%C3%A9_Ball_III.png
Pok%C3%A9_Ball_III.png
Pok%C3%A9_Ball_III.png
Pok%C3%A9_Ball_III.png
Pok%C3%A9_Ball_III.png

"And he's done it again!!!!!" The commentator's voice screamed through the stadium speakers. The only noise that even closely rivalled how loud he was shouting was the sound of the crowd cheering.

"Don't forget to mention this Jim It's another one hit knock out!!!!!!!!" The co-commentator chimed in with his insight and easily matched the energy of the man in the seat beside him.

"Ryan! Ryan! Ryan! Ryan! Ryan! Ryan!"

"Your right Paul, The crowd here is going wild as the new champion of everything pokemon beats Lance with ease"

"He's incredible, first befriending Rayquaza and easily defeating the Elite Four in what seemed like effortless fashion"

Ryan walked towards the giant dragon pokemon some only heard of through legends, for whatever reason he saw Ryan as the greatest trainer in the world and Hyper Beamed his way to victory just so Ryan could gain the title he deserved.

"Well Rayquaza we did it" Ryan let out a big sigh of relief as if it was a struggle despite the fact that he had easily achieved this great task. "Champion of Johto huh? Feels good"

Rayquaza brought his head closer to the ground, moving in closer to Ryan so that they were seeing eye to eye. "Well you're the best trainer I've seen during all my years and you deserve it" The compliment left Ryan with a stupid looking grin on his face, almost like he was overwhelmed to hear something like that from the mouth of a legendary pokemon.

"But now you have to wake up"

"Wake up?" What was just a happy moment between trainer and pokemon turned into confusion.

"Yes, if you don't wake up you might miss your ride to New Bark Town"

"You sound just like my mother, come on Rayquaza what are you talking about?" This wasn't the sort of craziness he had expected from Rayquaza, it just seemed weird. All Ryan wanted to do now was celebrate his victory and maybe get in a little nap too.

"What are you taking about?!?!?!? I am your mother!" the voice was loud and seemed angry now, Ryan's eyes popped open. Back to reality for Ryan, the dream had to end sometime no matter how much fun it was. Still groggy and looking half asleep, Ryan was being stared down by his mother who seemed shocked that on the biggest day of his life Ryan was still sleeping. "Young man, you march into the shower so you can start getting ready!"

Being yelled at by his mother always sparked a fire for Ryan mostly because he didn't like getting shout at, and like a bolt of lightning he was out of bed and in the bathroom getting ready for the day ahead. A small smile formed on his mother's face, proud that her son was going to finally be a trainer.

Time passed and Ryan was finally ready, bag packed with clean clothes and food, leaving just enough space for the amount of pokeballs he planned to bring around. Walking out his front door he was greeted by a small farewell party, mostly made up of his friends, poke-mart employees, fishermen and even the gym leader took time out of her busy schedule to wish good luck to what would be Olivine City's newest trainer.

A proud day indeed, the excitement bubbling up inside Ryan seemed like it was going to burst "This is my chance" he whispered to himself as he stepped into the car with his father in the drivers seat. "See you later city" door shut and they were off........In more ways than one.

As Ryan's father told story after story about raising his first pokemon to what he believed to be his eager son, in the passage seat was a child sleeping. Yes, the same boy bubbling with excitement was already sleeping not even halfway through the journey, dreaming the same dream from this morning. That didn't Mr. Marsdon from telling his stories and the stories didn't stop Ryan from sleeping what thing that was certain is that ever secong they were getting closer and closer the New Bark Town and a new beginning.

((OOC: I'll let Ryan get his pokemon and have a battle in the second post if that's alright))

Last edited:

Gandhi Savage

Years
@YogiOne: Nice intro, good to see you don't rush things, makes for good reading.

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years

MESSENGER
BAGVENTORY

---
---
---
---
---

POKÉMON
ROOSTER

001.gif
Brianna Brielle Jensen

BOOK ONE: [INSERT TITLE HERE]

Part the First
New Bark Town

"New Bark Town! ...The town of barks... that just so happen to be new!"

An excited young lady lies between Route 29 and New Bark. Excited, bouncing around the field in which the houses lay. It just so happens that today this young lady will receive a Pocket Monster -Pokémon for short-, and thus, her exciting journey will begin to unfold in front of us. But what is the name of this peculiar young lady.

Lady Garble Garble the Fifth?
Consuela Ponce de León?

Neither of the previous, she just so happens to be named Brianna Jenssen. Might as well call her Bree for now on. As this young lady walks the paths of ground that connect the spread houses, she begins to think on which Pokémon she shall receive:

Maybe it's a Crobat! With its wings and thing...
Or maybe it's a Furret! God I love those!
Oooooooooooo, maybe it's a Raikou! That would be so awesome!

Nevermind her thoughts, they are unimportant as of now to this story. After walking past some houses for a while, she's finsing it odd how the color scheme of the houses makes them meld with their environment, that's so not pretty! Well said, Bree darling, not only is it ugly, but it also makes it hard for a house to stand out in this sort of place.

Except for the lab. Hello there.

Excited, she knows that's the place.
Nervous, what kind of Pokémon will she get?
Hungry. Self explanatory.

"Let's get this party started!" With a pair of wide steps, she founds herself in front of the lab. The rush and thrills lying ahead are now greater than ever! She opens the door and readies the salute she's been rehearsing for the Professor!

"YOOOOOO--!"

"No." A somewhat stern, tired voice interrupts her with haste.

"Huh?" She replies n confusion. I wasn't even started yet!

"Oh, sorry!" The man is quickly to amend his mistake as he laughs in embarrassment, "I thought you were a salesman!" Another laugh. She hates him already, "You would be surprised for how often that happens!" Laughs, laughs, laughs... And guess what, more laughs, Why can't he just shut up already? "Anyways, you must be Brianna! You certainly look like one!"

"How is a Brianna supposed to look like?" She asks in both hatred and confusion by the young mans despicable behavior.

"Just like you, of course! Why else would you look like a Brianna?"

She sighs in disappointment. Such Professor he turned out to be, and then she faked a laugh. Convincingly enough as the man bit by it and continued with his circus of jeers.

"Anyways, I'm Elm, a Pokémon Professor, but I will not entertain you any longer! Let's go get your Pokémon!" And finally, this man is talking with sense. He guides her across the sterile lab that smelled like an odd mix of soap and orange juice as they reach a Pokéball shaped container. As it unfolds its contents between a cloud of mist, Seven Pokéballs come into sight.

"Well..." He is quick to interrupt, "Which one is it?"

"I beg your pardon?"

"Oh, my apologies! I sometimes forget that I'm the only one that knows which Pokémon is in which Pokéball!"

"Sure..." She decides to ignore whatever words are produced from the Professor's mouth from now on as she lifts a Pokéball at random.

"Oh, that's a good one!"

"Sure."

"Now a little present from my part, here!" He takes five Pokéballs from the seemingly endless pockets of his lab coat.

"Oh... thanks." She somehow regrets hating him now... Just a bit. Nope, hating him again, "Well, see ya!"

"Wait, won't you get to know the Pokémon you've chosen before leaving!"

"How about no?" And with a door smash, she's gone

---​

Last edited:

jov0006

Beygimon! Gotta let it rip!
Years

BADGE CASE
None

POKÉMON

Midnight, OT: Raddis
197.gif

Cotidia Manning

Book the First

Part One
Violet City-Route 31

"What do you mean, I have to go with an adult?" Cotidia complained.

"It's for your own safety, Cotidia," Cotidia's mother instructed, "Now go with father and don't make trouble."

"Yes, Mum..." Cotidia sighed.

"How can you be disappointed? You're getting a POKEMON today!" Cotidia's mother shook her head, "At least take your PokeGear!"

"Fine, fine..." Cotidia took the PokeGear, "And DON'T tell me how to use it!"

"You seem to forget every time though," Cotidia's mother laughed.

Cotidia's face turned red, "I'll be going now," she said, slinging her bag onto her shoulder.

"Ready to go?" Cotidia's father, a former Pokemon Trainer, asked.

"Yep!" Cotidia smiled at her father, and began to skip along-THUD!

"Urf..." were the only words Cotidia could manage to utter, lying in the dirt.

"Hahaha," Cotidia's father scratched his back, "Well that's not a good stat, is it?"

Cotidia's red face grew deeper, "CAN WE JUST GO ALREADY!?!?"

"Alright, alright, suit yourself," Cotidia's father withdrew his hand from his back, offering it to his daughter.

She took it gracefully, and soon they were back on track.

"When are we there yet?" Cotidia demanded, as she walked past people and Pokemon, hand in hand with her father.

"We're only up to Route 31, the turn for Route 30 is near," Her father smiled, ruffling her hair.

"Can we at least have a break, maybe play with Midnight-," Cotidia suggested.

"No, you will need to catch your own Umbreon if you want to play with it from now on," her father interrupted.

"When did you become so Mum-ish?" Cotidia replied.

"Well you see," he began, "when you are married and you are in the hands of your spouse's (and hopefully your) child, you want to take great care with them, as that spouse will kill you if something happens to them."

"Huh," Cotidia-THUD! "Not again!" Cotidia frantically aranged her hair and tried to brush the dirt of her clothes.

"Here let me," her father restored her hair back to normal but failed to help with her dress, "At this rate, they'll offer you a free bike every day at Mauville City," he joked.

The two continued onto Route 30, where they hastened their journey by jumping over ledges and occasionally tripping over them.

---​

Gandhi Savage

Years
@EliteBeats: Haha, loved the way Bree immediately hated Elm, and love the way you showed his personality so clearly, keep it up!

Bree received a Bulbasaur!

@jov0006: Very good opening post, loved your use of humour and especially the mentioning of the bike in Mauville, classic!

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Rupert Milton Banks || In the Sky
Pok%C3%A9_Ball_III.png

Chapter 1: Soaring! Flying! Falling! Wait. What?

Banks held on tightly to his father's back as they soared through the sky. The sixteen year old felt his life being sucked away by the speed the Pidgeot was going in. We're faster than a speeding bullet! Dad! Slow down for Arceus' sake! Hours before, his father and Banks climbed on top of the huge Pidgeot his father has been training for already a long time.

"This is going to be a fun ride!" his father shouted. Banks thought otherwise and, oh boy, was he really right. Landforms flash below them as Pidgeot sped through the region, making a good distance in a single hour. Yes, it has just been an hour but Banks already wanted to go down on the hard ground. He tried to risk a look at the scenery below but all he saw was the infamous Mt. Silver, small because o their height. Banks just closed his eyes again and prayed to whatever god is listening to him now. His father, however, seemed to be enjoying himself, letting the cool air breeze whip around them. "Ain't this fun, Rupert?" His father's concept of fun is entirely different than his.

Banks felt a few more minutes of heart-wrenching flying then the Pidgeot seemed to dip down and accelerated quite quickly. He took a look again and he saw the forest below quickly coming up on them. Oh no!

"Dad, we're going to- AAAHHH!" Banks screamed as Pidgeot did a hard turn the moment before it hit the top of the trees. His father laughed at his son's reaction.

"Don't worry son! Nothing we'll happen to us! Pidgeot here is a really good aerial traveler!" his Dad laughed again. Banks could only tighten his eyes. Oh dear Arceus. Or even Darkrai. Please let my father stop this madness. I would offer you my first battle if this madness stop at once.

Pidgeot banked hard and descended slowly, avoiding the branches that might snag it in the wing. When they were already a few foot from the ground, Pidgeot started flapping its wings to slow down their impact. "See, we're safe on-" Suddenly, one of the branches did manage to snag the Pidgeot. Oh, luck, you heartless beast. The father, son, and Pokemon trio stumbled on the ground, rolling head over heels on the ground. I can't believe my dad was part of a Pokemon League. It's hard seeing him as a proper man, yet a Pokemon trainer. "Well, we need to practice landing more, Pidgeot. We'll tackle that after we return." His father laughed again, the sound echoing throughout the forest. Banks just scowled and dusted himself.

"Well?" The teenager said. "What now?"

His father looked at him in surprise, apparently having forgotten that his son is with him during the fall. "Oh, yeah. Well, we're in Route 46. We shall walk all the way to Newbark Town!" his dad raised his hands. Pidgeot cawed. Banks just groaned. Oh bother.

(OOC: TurkishDelight, I suggest you keep all OOC posts in the OOC thread so that our IC thread will not be cluttered. :) Just a suggestion.)

YogiOne

Fantasy Dreamer
Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2016

Ryan Marsdon

Chapter 1 Post 2
Totodile, the one that will rule them all!

Pok%C3%A9_Ball_III.png
Pok%C3%A9_Ball_III.png
Pok%C3%A9_Ball_III.png
Pok%C3%A9_Ball_III.png
Pok%C3%A9_Ball_III.png
Pok%C3%A9_Ball_III.png

The car had come to screeching halt as they arrived at their destination of New Bark Town. "And that's how I met your mother"

Ryan had awakened just in time for the end of the story, nodding as if he had been listening the entire time ".Crazy story dad" He really didn't care about whatever weird story his father was chatting on about since leaving Olivine but was kind of relieved that his dad somehow wasn't aware that he was sleeping the entire time.

"Well....." Ryan slowly stepped out of the car; it was a weird moment for him. It was the first time he wouldn't be around his family and actually out and alone in this crazy world.

"......Yup" There was obvious pride in his father's eyes and even a little smile as Ryan slowly closed the door behind him and was taking his first step to becoming a trainer. The silence and awkwardness lasted some time, Ryan just didn't know what to say and his father was just smiling at him.

"Umm, you..."

"Love you too son, good luck out there and try to call once in a while so your mother doesn't get angry"

Ryan let out a huge smile and started his walk towards professor Elm's laboratory waving goodbye to his father as he got further and further away from his vehicle.

A large sigh came from Ryan's father "I hope he's awake enough to pick a good pokemon" and back to Olivine City he went.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Now down to serious business, Ryan! The world wants to know which starter you will be choosing" the man in the suit fixed himself in the chair awaiting the answer.

Ryan looked around the large dark room, only seeing the eyes of the crowd watching, and then turned back his attention the man beside him. "Well..... I think the best choice is obviously" The room hanged on every word coming out of his mouth and Ryan spoke slowly as to build suspense ".....not going to be from Kanto"

The room let out a gasp and the gentleman in the suit quickly hopped up in surprise "But Ryan, the fans said they would love to one day see you with a powerful Charizard dominating everyone"

"Well Dan, It just wouldn't feel right choosing a starter from outside the region" whispers and murmurs could be heard coming from the crowd.

"That leaves only 4 possible choices left folks, who do you think Ryan will choose?"

"Dan, the starter I'm going to choose is......"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ummm, can I help you with something?"

Ryan quickly snapped back into reality as he heard the voice "You were just standing there not moving, so I was just checking if you were ok" The boy, seeming around the same age as Ryan stared at him with obvious concern.

"ha ha ha" Ryan let out a awkward laugh "Yeah I'm fine" Thankfully though he was standing right in front of the lab and quickly rushed in so that the boy wouldn't think of him as weird, although it would look weird rushing in like he just did but Ryan wasn't focusing on that.

Inside was bigger than he expected but Ryan quickly turned his focus to the man in the white lab coat, deciding he wouldn't be distracted at a time like this. "Professor Elm, I'm here for my pokemon" The confidence in his voice was real, for the first time he was truly serious.

The man though gave off a confused looked "I'm not Professor Elm, he's back there beside the rack with the pokeballs" as he pointed to the other end of the lab.

"Thank you sir!" Ryan was still serious not even letting his embarrassment slip out and had a stern look to his face as he walked over to the real Elm this time.

"Professor, I would like a ......."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The crowd fell silent once again

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Totodile!" Ryan had decided long before he even reached the lab what pokemon he wanted and said Totodile loud and proud.

The crowd here is going wild chanting "Totodile!!!"

Dan stood up and shook Ryan's hand "What a brilliant choice for a brilliant trainer"

Ryan was cutting in between reality and imagination and when he was back in the real world all he saw was Professor Elm handing him a pokeball with a huge smile. "You must be Ryan, here you go" It seemed as if the world had stopped moving from this day forward, the moment that pokeball went into Ryan's hand he would be a trainer.

"Thank you sir" Now both Ryan and Elm were smiling as if they were both little children although Elm just seemed happy to pass of his pokemon to such an enthusiastic child.

"Oh and here are your pokeballs" he added as 6 little red and white balls were passed over to Ryan alongside the pokeball containing his new partner Totodile. Already Ryan was back in dream land. Professor Elm couldn't even get another word in as Ryan was out the door taking his first steps as a pokemon trainer.

"I never would have thought you were a pokemon trainer!" the boy from earlier was now staring down Ryan as if challenging him. There Ryan was imagining his first battle in his head when in reality his first battle would come sooner than he had ever thought.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Lily Sassone: Chapter 1 – 1.1

A breath of fresh air

pokeball.png
pokeball.png
pokeball.png
pokeball.png
pokeball.png
pokeball.png
It was a particularly cold morning, even for the likes of Azalea Town. The air was crisp the grass almost frozen solid, the native Slowpoke and Farfetch'd nowhere to be seen. After all, who could blame them? No one in town wanted to wake from the warm cocoon of which they called their beds; except, for one person: Lily Sassone. You see, this chilly morning was the very beginning of Lily's lifelong adventure. Today was the day she'd receive her very own and very first, Pokémon companion.

A gentle but icy breeze greeted Lily as she opened her cottage's creaky wooden door and stepped outside. The sun was barely up and already Lily was pumped.

"See you mum!" Lily called.

"Bye darling. Make sure you send my thanks to Professor Elm!" Lucinda replied warmly, approaching the door. "Also, if you ever need me, make sure you call. I'm sure your father along with myself will definitely want to hear from you from time to time."

"I'll try not forget," Lilly assured her mother. She could tell she was nervous. Lily knew her all too well. Whenever Lucinda was worried, or about to cry, she'd rub her ear with her sleeve. An easy habit for others to spot, yet such a hard habit for her mother to admit she had.

"Hehe," Lily giggled to herself. Her mother's ways never failed to amuse her.

"What's so funny?" Her mother asked, puzzled? A faint smile slowly stretched across over face.

"Nothing!" Lily exclaimed. "Anyway, I best be off. I'll go say goodbye to the Sunkern and I'll head off to Kurt's."

"Alright darling, have fun and stay safe."

Lucinda kissed Lily gently on the forehead before walking back into the warmth of the cottage. With a gentle rattle, she closed the door. Lily rushed around the house, swiftly dodging her mother's recently planted tomato plants. She wouldn't want to squash those saplings, her mother would surely rage. Before Lily knew it, a Sunkern rolled onto the back garden path, forcing her to almost instantaneously come to a halt.

"There you are friend!" Lily merrily greeted the little Seed Pokemon. "Where's your other half?"

The Sunkern rolled to the left, focussing Lily's attention to the Pokemon's other half, another Sunkern. This Sunkern however, hid behind the compost bin, almost as if it was scared of the sixteen year old. A sense of warmth resonated within Lily at the sight of the timid creature.

"I just wanted to say guys," Lily began "That I'm heading off now. I suppose…I'll see you soon?" Lily spat the rest of her sentence out. She didn't want to find herself in a puddle of tears which she knew she would if she continued to speak any longer. She then sped off, as fast as a Ponyta toward Kurt's humble home.

"clunk clunk clunk"

..went Lilly's fist against the wooden door to Kurt's. "Come in!" An old, but surprisingly lively voice shouted. Lilly opened the door and was immersed by heat. Her bones and skin shivered from the contrast in temperature.

"You're all set?" Kurt asked.

"You bet!" Lily replied quickly.

"Alright then, then let's get started. It won't hurt a bit, trust me. Kadabra's teleportation skills are near flawless."

Lily grabbed tight hold of her strap-bag; a drop of sweat dripped down her forehead. Lilly, was nervous.

With the loud pop, a fierce red light shined from behind Kurt and Kadabra soon appeared before them both. With a quick wink from Kurt, Kadabra knew exactly what to do. The psychic Pokemon's eyes became a translucent red as it stared intensely at Lily. It moved its spoon through the air in a series of wave-like motions.

Lily was developing a sweat of a much stronger intensity, her head felt weak, her vision…became a blur of colours and shapes. "Umm, am I suppose—suppose..suppo…..ssss."

Kurt smiled somewhat sinisterly. He winked once more at his trusty companion and Kadabra lowered its dancing hands.

"Job done," Kurt said, returning to his steaming cup of camomile tea.

Lily Sassone: Chapter 1 – 1.2

You've got a friend in me

152.gif
pokeball.png
pokeball.png
pokeball.png
pokeball.png
pokeball.png

Lily opened her eyes. The sun's rays pierced the weak sources of shade that were her eyelids. Despite her…rough arrival, along with her side serving of nausea, Lily hadn't forgotten where she intended to go and why she had arrived in calm and soothing town of New Bark. Pokemon Teleportation wasn't the most pleasant methods of transportation, but it sure did the job! Lily contemplated flying, but her mother nor many others had a flying type Pokemon capable of flying such a long distance. Bugsy of course had Scyther, but he was much too busy to help assist her. She glanced around. She seemed to be just off centre of Professor Elm's Laboratory.

"Not bad," Lily whispered to herself, nodding her head. "Kadabra was pretty spot on."

Aside from the remarkable laboratory, New Bark Town was a town of peace and tranquillity; much like Azalea town in a way - just with more wind and less Slowpoke. Lily drew a slice of comfort from this fact, and so tightened her bright yellow bow, positioned her hair in the places where she thought it looked best and stepped confidently into the laboratory.

Inside it was everything Lily expected the laboratory to be. It was an intricate complex filled with an array of advanced technology. Computer screens buzzed away as they analysed samples and examined specimens. Scientists rushed around like an angry Snorlax, stumbling and crashing into things and people – including Lily - left, right and centre!

Lily swerved between the frantic scientists; much like her impressive tomato-plant doging skills! Lily smiled as she made yet another connection with home. It had roughly been only 10 minutes since she had left Azalea Town and already she began to make connections to keep her from missing it so dearly.

Toward the back of the laboratory, Lily spotted a curious middle-aged man. He wore square glasses which didn't quite sit straight on his face. Despite being awkward, Lily thought that they actually suited him. His laboratory coat seemed quite oversized, and overall, the man who she assumed was Professor Elm appeared quite…messy? "Messy," Lily thought. "Perhaps not messy…maybe unorganised?" "No, let's make it highly unorganised. Hehe," Lily laughed. This caught the attention of her subject, Professor Elm whom introduced himself to the smiling sixteen year-old.

"Why hello, young lady," the professor began, extending his arm for a handshake.

"Greetings," Lily replied, still smiling. She extended her sweaty hand.

Their hands met and they exchanged a firm handshake. Lily could have sworn she saw him wipe his hand on his coat; Lily tuned her customary shade of red.

"I'm going to be pretty confident in saying that you're here for your very first Pokemon?"

Lilly nodded softly.

"Then why don't we introduce you to the Pokemon we have for you!" said Elm rather enthusiastically. "Also," he turned around and whispered, "Excuse my assistants, they can be rather…crazy. Anyway, here's our selection! Take your time, this is a very important decision indeed."

"Alright, thank you professor." Lilly replied.

"First up we have the traditional Johto starters: Cyndaquil, Totodile and Chikorita. They're of the fire type, water type and grass type respectively."

Lily's eyes lit up in awe as she observed the three Pokemon Elm named.

"Next we have the Kanto set of starters which are quite rare in Johto. These are Charmander, Squirtle and Bulbasaur and they are of the fire type, water type and grass type respectively."

Almost immediately Lily knew which Pokemon she'd like. And she was quite sure that the Pokemon she was going to choose knew that she'd choose her. Lily felt an instant connection with the little leafy Pokemon; Chikorita.

"I-I'll love to invite Chikorita onto my team…sir!"

"A mighty fine choice indeed." Elm said, nodding. "Let me get you its Pokeball as well as few other for you to catch more!"

Elm scurried off into the labyrinth of his laboratory. He returned in no later than a minute and handed over 5 crystal clean and shiny Pokeballs to Lily who held them firmly in her hands. Lily quickly looked over at her new partner, its eyes watered in happiness as the small leafy Pokemon jumped into the arms of her new trainer. Nothing could be better for Lily at this moment; for she was about to start a journey of a lifetime, a journey she was sure she would never forget.

Last edited:

Chalifoux

Years

MESSENGER
BAGVENTORY

Pokéball x5
---
---
---
---

POKÉMON
ROOSTER

001.gif
Brianna Brielle Jensen

Part the Second
Route 29

A Sentret stands up in the grass at a relatively long distance from Bree, eyes locked into her with rage after she stepped on its by accident.

And now.
She's going to pay.

A wild Sentret appeared!

"I should warn you, buddy..." She says in confidence as she shoots a devilish grin at the Sentret, "this one Pokémon here..." she takes out the Pokéball with her recently acquired Pokémon outside of her messenger bag, "I haven't met him yet, but it could be anything!"

Sentret just stand there, ignoring the threat its adversary had thrown at it.

"Think of it, it could just be a Rattata... But what if it was a Dragonite?" Sentret eyes open wide upon her question, "And if it was a Moltres? What would happen then?" Sentret shudders for a bit. It can't be Moltres... right? "And since you're not willing to leave, I'll have to unleash my Pokémon's rage on you!"

With a twist of her wrist and a swing of her arm, the Pokéball is launched at Bree's opponent. The Sentret, as per reflex, bounces at a side as the Pokéball falls next to it. With a shimmering light and an adequate amount of glitter, a white figure materializes, slowly taking the shape and color scheme of Bree's new Pokémon.

It's...
It's...
A... Bulbasaur?

"Bulbasaur!" Brianna sent out Bulbasaur

Sentret sighs and looks at Bree, mocking her with it Sentret words. "Sentre-Sen? Tret!" Oooohooooo, please make sure to cover the burn with a bandage!

Bree facepalms at the sight of her Bulbasaur. A Rattata would've been better, really... Whatever. "Do not underestimate the power of the mighty Sotelo, Sentret!"

"Saur?"

"Yes, you're Sotelo."

"Saur!"

"Whatever."

"Sen... Tret!" Ouch, that comment really did hurt!

"Okay, Sotelo... use... um..." She tries to remember what the mon's moves were... BUt she's sure she was never told by annoying-ass Elm which ones these were, "What exactly can you do?"

"SAUR!" Bulbasaur yells in excitement as he acquires an opportunity to show off. The Pokémon extends his dinosaur-ish paws as far as they g as it tenses its mouth, preparing a devastating move that is sure to come.

"SAAAAAAAAUUUUUUR!" The creature barks in some weird way at the Sentret. Who is irresponsive and just keeps mocking them. Sentret then launches itself at Sotelo and lands a devastating Scratch across the creature's face. Bulbasaur yelps in shock. Not in pain, since the blow was somewhat weaker than it looked like.

Bulbasaur used Growl!

"I guess you deserved it..." Bree says as she rolls her eyes around at the scene, "Now, please, try to inflict some damage for a change!"

Bulbasaur shakes his head around. Such punk of a Trainer... Whatever. Sentret jumps with its tiny claws ready to strike again. Bulbasaur intercepts by spitting a tiny, purple blob of... whatever it was. It lands on the creature's innocent eyes, which end up crashing in pain next to Bulbasaur.

Sotelo continues his barrage with haste as he bashes a the yelping Sentret, which is sent back a few inches before standing up, still in pain.

"Holy crap, you can actually attack!" Brianna yells as she feels her jaw dropping to the ground at the sight of the attacking Bulbasaur. Sentret, however, wasn't having much of a blast. Poor thing had been poisoned and could barely see by now. Those punks bested him, and it was for the better that he left in shame now,

But then he felt the hit of a metallic object. An excited Brianna had made use of the Sentret's soliloquy and threw one of her Pokéballs, watching the creature being locked by the beams of light, hoping her first battle would end in a capture success.

Brianna used a Pokéball!

---​

miltankRancher

Years
Rupert Milton Banks || Route 46 >> Newbark Town
4.png
Pok%C3%A9_Ball_III.png
Pok%C3%A9_Ball_III.png
Pok%C3%A9_Ball_III.png
Pok%C3%A9_Ball_III.png
Pok%C3%A9_Ball_III.png

Chapter 1.2: Oh, hell yeah. Firepower!

Banks' dad and his son walked the remaining length of Route 46. Banks first thought of the idea as an absurd one. Why walk when we can fly all the way to Elm's doorstop? However, it turned out that walking along nature with his father beside him was quite the pleasurable experience. Banks was not particularly close with any of his parents as he tend to stay away from home doing things but it's nice to have this kind of activity once in a while. If I finish this adventure, I'll go back. We reached the gate connecting Route 29 and Route 46 around midafternoon and approximately three hours since they left Mahogany Town. It was a wild ride and Banks was just glad that it is almost over. The single guard let them pass without any identification. He did not even lift his eyes from the basketball games he was watching. Oh, yeah. They're showing a replay of the finals.

When they arrived at Route 29, Banks' father pointed somewhere to their east. "To that direction is Newbark Town. Your destination. Professor Elm lives there but I am not exactly sure where as we've never met before. You may want to ask around," his father said. "There, however, is Cherrygrove City," he pointed directly to their west. "While it's not a gym city, its nice to stock up on your Potions and other things for the long trek to Violet." Oh, yeah. I have forgotten that he is a trainer.

"Yeah, okay, right," Banks just said non-committally. Well, what now?

His father nodded. "Well, it is time for me to leave. I must return back. Be sure to visit us when you're in the area," he said. Banks just gave a silent grunt. In a few seconds, his father was airborn again, flying back to where they have been. "Woo! Pidgeot!" Banks heard his father scream. Oh well. Let's go start this journey. Banks smiled at the thought. Pokedex completion. Here we go.

---

The professor was not as elderly as Banks imagined him to be. In fact, compared to the other Professors that appears in live television, Elm is really young. His balding head is the only indication that he is, in fact, a grown-up. His head is just crowned with a short spike of brown hair. Like Banks, he also wore a pair of glasses that is seemingly too large for him.

"Rupert Milton Banks, right?" he asked. Banks just nodded. The whole laboratory was so clean. It was immaculately spotless and shiny. Banks tried looking over Elm's shoulder towards the Pokeballs. "Not so fast, young kid. You're too excited."

"Well, who's not going to be excited? I am going on an adventure!" Despite being a mature kid for his age, Banks could not help but smile. Adventure! Elm nodded, as if expecting the kind of reaction from the kid.

"Oh well. Who am I but a lowly Professor to stop you? Go on. Pick one," Elm motioned towards the Pokeballs. Banks already knew what to do. He need not know which Pokemon is in which Pokeball. In fact, he will not take his time. I want a complete Pokedex, so does it matter who I start with? Flexing his arms, he touched a Pokeball at random.

"You're quick to choose. Have you already thought about this?" Banks just shrugged. "Oh well, try to call it out and see what Pokemon that is. You have not given me time to let you know the choices." Banks threw the Pokeball and out came an orange lizard.

Hellfire.

A Charmander appeared in a flash of light. The flame on its tail burned strong. It growled. "Hellfire!"

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
The trees sure were pretty... ooh. Wazzat?

"Little tree, what are you looking at?"

"There's a Hoothoot up there!"

"Hush, it's sleeping."

She covered her mouth. "Sorry..." Her father chuckled and mussed her hair with his free hand. Noel grinned, pulling her white hair to rest behind her ears. "Neh, what Pokemon will I get? You didn't tell me."

The taller grinned. His blue eyes glowed with mischief, just like hers could. His just did it more often. "What makes you think I plan on telling you now?"

"Da-ad!" he only laughed again, even as Noel leaped onto his back and tried to drag him down to the dirt. "Tell me, tell me, tell me! Please?"

"Nope!" Her father stopped walking, forcing her to bump into his bag. "New Bark Town is up there. You ought to go figure it out yourself."

Noel looked around. "But... Dad, there's a bunch of trees."

Nikolai smiled and shook his head. "So worries the little tree." She huffed at him, smiling. "Go on." Gently, he pushed her around his back to face forward. "It's your journey, little tree."

Noel blinked big, nearly-blue eyes. "Do you really want me to go, Daddy?"

Nikolai scratched his head. "Well, it will certainly be a lot quieter if you do," he began, watching her eyes light up with embarrassment. "But I think you should go." He knelt, which wasn't very hard considering they were both a little close in height. "Don't you worry about me, little tree. I've grown up a little bit." Thin arms hugged her gently around the waist. "Go grow up yourself. Your Pokemon will keep you safe. They always kept me safe."

Noel beamed. "Kay! I will! Wait..." She stomped her foot. "I still don't know what my Pokemon is!"

He poked her in the forehead. "Then go get it!"

A pout. "Muuuhhhh.... Fine! Here I go! CHARGEEE!" Releasing herself from her father's hug, Noel bolted, full speed forward.

Nikolai shook his head. Silly girl. "Fia, I'm leaving it to you, okay?" There was a cheery bark from within the trees and the Leafeon peeked out one amber eye.

With a whistle, the young man began to walk. It had been a while since he had been to the Ruins of Alph.

"Waah! It's windy!"

Well, there are windmills everywhere.

Noel skipped down the road anyway. Her shirt billowed about like a flag and she laughed, almost tripping over a Azurill. "Oh! Hi!" It squeaked at her, bouncing on its big tail. "Who are you?"

"Zuzu!" it replied. She giggled as it blew bubbles in her face.

"Cute!" She squealed, trying to pick it up. The Azurill squeaked and ran away, bolting to a large building. Noel tilted her head. "Well, that was rude.... " She followed it with a shake of her head, causing her to have to spit out hair. Gross. "Come back, Azurill! Come ba~ack! I wanna play too!"

Wait... don't I have something to do?

That was right! She had a Pokemon to get! Move, move, move! Now where was the lab...?

"Azuri~ll!" There was the little creature, bouncing around a door and trying to hit it with its tail. She giggled and lunged, grabbing it around the stomach.

"That's not how you knock on a door." She raised a fist... and promptly tried to splinter it with her tiny hand. Good thing it didn't work.

What opened the door was not a human however. It was a small turtle. Noel blinked. Then her big eyes widened with delight! "Squirt?" It said, confused. It then let out a screech of surprise as the Azurill promptly was bounced away and he was spinning in delighted little girl arms.

"You're adorable!"

"Squiiiiirrrttllle~!"

"Miss, please put down that Pokemon!"

Noel pouted, beaming at the dizzy creature. "But it's cute."

The man shook his head. "Unless you registering to be a Trainer today, you cannot have that Squirtle. It belongs to a registering trainer!"

Noel frowned. "Well, I am registering today, sir!" She said smartly. "I am Noelani Darius and I am here for my Pokemon, who is right here!" Squirtle blinked.

"I am?"

jov0006

Beygimon! Gotta let it rip!
Years

BADGE CASE
None

POKÉMON

Selene, OT: Cotidia
togepi

Cotidia Manning

Book the First

Part Two
New Bark Town-Route 29

Cotidia threw the Pokéball, only for it to be deflected by its tail, hitting her straight in the face.

She clenched her fist, "I WILL catch you Aipom! Isn't that right Togepi?"

The Togepi squeaked; it had only been an hour since she had properly started her adventure.

TWO HOURS AGO...

"We're finally at New Bark Town! Yeah!" Cotidia rocketed her arms into the air, "Now where's my Pokémon?"

"Are you SURE you can manage your way to the lab?" Her father doubted.

"Yes!" Cotidia exclaimed, "And don't do what Mum does and stalk me."

"Alrighty then," he turned away.

Cotidia hastily ran to the lab, finding many 'walls' on the way when she doubted the way she was going. WHAM!

"Oww!" A man with a lab coat cried out.

"Urf... This always happens," Cotidia apologised.

"Hi! I believe you are Cotidia!" The man exclaimed.

"How might you know that?" Cotidia interrogated him.

"Your mother told me when asking me to give you a Pokémon," the man explained.

"Wait! YOU'RE PROFESSOR ELM? Sorry-sorry-sorry!" Cotidia bowed.

"Come this way to get your Pokémon," Elm instructed, leading Cotidia into the laboratory.

"Umm... So where's my Pokémon?" Cotidia asked.

Elm replied, "Patience-,"

"I don't have time for that!" Cotidia cut him off.

"Alright, alright," he walked over to a single Pokéball, "Here catch!"

"W-huh?" Cotidia juggled the Pokéball, as she doing horribly in catching it, and fell to the ground, her right hand holding the Pokéball.

"Oh! And take these Pokéballs!" He walked over to her, handing five of them.

"Aren't you going to help me up?" Cotidia stared from the ground at him.

"Nah, you seem to be fine," Elm returned to his post of poaching newcomers.

"GODAMMIT AIPOM!" Cotidia cried out.

A familiar voice struck in, "What's the matter, Cotidia, losing our temper are we?"

"Fila," Cotidia turned, facing her friend and rival, Fila, "You just made me lose it again!"

"Bah, you'll lose it anyway," Fila taunted.

"That's it, woman! You're on!" Cotidia announced, "I challenge you to a battle!"

"I accept," Fila smirked, "Right here, right now! Let's shine, Oxford!"

She threw her Pokéball with a stoat-like Pokémon exiting.

"I'm pretty sure Oxford isn't the name of a Pokémon..." Cotidia said.

"You're right! It's a Mienfoo!" She demonstrated, "You should nickname your Pokémon too, Cotidia, it gives them... character."

"Anyway..." Cotidia commanded, "Umm... Selene, use Metronome!"

The Togepi's hands glowed white, and soon a strong beam emitted from it, having a space-like aura. It struck the Mienfoo, whiting it out after a matter of seconds.

"Hyper Beam? That was pure luck!" Fila complained.

"I have a lot of luck with Metronome," Cotidia replied, "except when it comes to the Aipom!" Cotidia shook her fist furiously at the Aipom who had returned.

"Well, goodbye, I'm going to catch some Pokémon, after all, that was the reason I came here after all!" Fila walked away with her partner, and soon, they were gone.

"Aipom!" the Aipom taunted.

"I knew I shouldn't have kicked a tree..." Cotidia prepared for battle.

"Now how do I find Pokémon..." Cotidia scratched her head, "Ah right! Come on out, Pokémon!"

From the light came out a cut little Pokémon who had an egg shell for a body, "Togi!"

"A Togepi! Awww, you're so cute!" Cotidia said, picking it up.

It's hands glowed white, and a burst of flames fired at Cotidia.

"Oww!" She howled, dropping the Togepi and grasping her face with her hands.

The Togepi laughed, looked at its trainer's charred face.

"It's not funny!" Cotidia furiously tried to rub everything off, kicking a tree in fustration.

"Aipom?" A small purple Pokémon feel from the tree.

It waved its tail at the trainer, cheekily smiling.

"Go Pokéball!" Cotidia threw a Pokéball at the Aipom, only for it to be deflected back.

And so... The hunt began.

"Come on!" Cotidia begged, "Just get in the Pokéball!"

The Aipom shook its head persistently.

Cotidia took out a berry, "Here, have it."

The Aipom graciously accepted it, "Now's our chance! Selene use Metronome!"

Trainer and Pokémon attacked the Aipom, whether it be with a frying pan or an Ice Beam. The Aipom had fainted.

"Yes!" Cotidia shouted, whipping out another Pokéball and throwing it at the Pokémon...

---​

YogiOne

Fantasy Dreamer
Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2016

Ryan Marsdon

Chapter 1 Post 3
Ryan vs Ed

Ani158MS.png
Pok%C3%A9_Ball_III.png
Pok%C3%A9_Ball_III.png
Pok%C3%A9_Ball_III.png
Pok%C3%A9_Ball_III.png
Pok%C3%A9_Ball_III.png

Ryan looked up at the boy adjacent to him, yes it was the same kid from earlier but now Ryan was taking serious notice of him. At first glance he was just a regular looking trainer or a "Bug catcher" as he would be known as in the today's day and age. Dressed in his broad brimmed hat, carrying a net and what appeared to be either his lunchboxes, or a containers to keep whatever bugs he had caught, all held by a thin strap. Ryan spent a bit of time looking over the trainer from the analysing the color of the hat he was wearing down to number of pokeballs around his waist, three just in case you were wondering.

"Yeah, a moment ago when you saw me I was just a regular kid" Ryan finally got himself around to responding to the boy "But now, I'm a pokemon trainer" Ryan had a wide, confident almost superhero like stance to him while talking, obvious pride bursting through his body.

The boy just stared at him awkwardly "Ok then, whaddya say we have ourselves a battle?"

"Let's do it then!" The state Ryan was in he was never going to say no and both boys now had huge smiles on their face, their excitement uncontainable.

"Follow me then" The boy led them to a nice flat grassy surface, near route 29, which was now going to be their battlefield. "The name's Ed by the way" he added as he dropped his equipment and stood a decent distance away from Ryan creating what would be the space for their battle.

"Ok Ed, I'm Ryan" he had finally packed his pokeballs away and now only held his new Totodile in his hands as he prepared to square in his first battle.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So Ryan this was your first fight, how were you feeling?"

"To be honest Dan, I wasn't even nervous, I was just so confident. It was only a bug catcher or at least that's what I was thinking at the time" Ryan grinned a little as he reminisced on the entire thing.

"And how did that find end up, I'm guessing you won easily?" Dan was laughing, talking as if it was impossible for Ryan to lose to Ed.

"Unfortunately Dan it was harder than I thought it would be and that fight taught me a lot even if I didn't realise it at the time, It all started when he released a …."

"Beedrill I choose you!!" Ed flung out a pokeball which stayed suspended in the air for a second as it released a red beam of light in which produced the black and yellow bug pokemon.

To see a fully evolved pokemon merge from the pokeball was a bit surprising but Ryan wasn't perturbed and flung out his pokeball in response which produced the small blue crocodile who hoped up and down uncontrollably like it was full of energy.

"Ohhhhh" Ryan went on one knee and took a closer look at his new pokemon who was happy to see his trainer for the first time "Hmmm, I'll call you Irwin.....After that famous crocodile pokemon trainer" Ryan went on and on, chatting to the point where both Ed and his beedrill both looked frustrated.

"We battling or what?!?" he shouted in a nearly angry tone.

"Sorry about that, let's go Irwin get in there" Ryan was back up and ready for action, so too was Irwin who quickly was back in the field and staring down Ed's Beedrill.

"Beedrill use Focus Energy!!"

"Dodge it Irwin!" Already Ryan's inexperience was showing and aside from the confused look on his pokemon's face Ed was also chuckling over what Ryan had just shouted out. Simple mistake he thought, as his action didn't cause any harm especially since Beedrill only glowed blue for a second not hurting Irwin in the process.

"Follow up with Fury Attack!!" as Ed finally stopped his laughing and his next order sent Beedrill flying straight towards Irwin with both stingers outstretched.

"Ok!" Ryan began thinking up his strategy:

Alright, the first time I told Irwin to dodge that was me being stupid but I know for sure this is an attack and by the looks of it Irwin might be able to dodge it. If he does dodge it, no when he dodges it! That's when the counterattack start and Irwin responds with ummmm, yeah Water Gun every water type should know that move. So that's the plan good!

"Irwin dod..." By the time Ryan snapped back to reality all he was seeing was Irwin by striker over and over again by Beedrill's fury attack and it didn't look pretty. Irwin was being pommeled and the only defence he had was holding his hands across his face. It wasn't a good one but it's all he could do in the situation and what made everything worse was the giant grin on Ed's face.

"I've been a trainer for five years, did you really think you could beat me?" Ed laughed as he watched his pokemon dominate.

Ryan watched on, a real battle was a lot more difficult than his father's stories had led him to believe "Irwin WATER GUN!" he shouted it in panic but the effects surprised even him. Irwin took his hands away from his face long enough to fire a powerful stream of water at point blank range sending Beedrill flying into a nearby tree.

The delight on Ryan's face was obvious and the shock on Ed's face was priceless, somehow he had landed a one hit knock out. Even Irwin was excited

see spoiler for Irwin's delight
Spoiler:

"Wow, so you barely scrapped by!" Dan was as giddy as a little boy hearing the story it really was fascinating getting to know where it all started for Ryan.

"Yup, and at the time I just thought Irwin was super strong, haha, but in the end it turned out to be his ability called Torrent which makes his water moves stronger when he's hurt"

"So that's how you overcame your first pokemon battle, hmmm doesn't sound anything like the Ryan we know now"

"Yeah, I've grown a lot since then; I learnt you have to think on your feet that battle would impact me forever, maybe not immediately but down the road it helped me change." Ryan crossed his legs and sat back reminiscing about his younger days. "Me and Ed sat there for a long time talking, it was really more of me listening to him explain why he never goes further Cherrygrove but you aren't interested in him."

"What happened after all that?"

"Irwin got healed up, I said goodbye to Ed and the next destination was Cherrygrove City."

New Bark town was a good experience for Ryan not only did he receive a pokemon he also won his first battle but now that town was in the rear view as he looked down the long path of Route 29.

miltankRancher

Years
Rupert Milton Banks || Route 29
4.png
Pok%C3%A9_Ball_III.png
Pok%C3%A9_Ball_III.png
Pok%C3%A9_Ball_III.png
Pok%C3%A9_Ball_III.png
Pok%C3%A9_Ball_III.png

Chapter 1.3: Ja! Rastafarianism!

Elm gave Banks five Pokeballs after he chose his Pokemon. He graciously thanked the Professor and literally bounded outside without another word. Banks is too excited to contain himself. A Charmander! I started with one of the coolest starters ever! He sent it out its Pokeball when they were outside the lab. It seemed to be a pretty curious Pokemon as it looked everywhere when Banks calld it out. Left. Right. Up. Down. Towards Banks. The lab. The sky. The Charmander looked at everything!

"Hi there, Charmander, or shall I call you Hellfire?" Banks said, extending its hand towards the Pokemon. Charmander just looked at him curiously. "Hey, buddy? Let's shake hands or paws." Hellfire just spit out a small tongue of flame, burning Banks' finger. "Ow! HEY!" That did get a reaction from the Charmander as Hellfire grinned. Oh well.

---

Route 29, according to a trainer's primer given to Banks by his mother, is one of the shortest routes in the region, just a few feet short of Route 31. There were not much Pokemon in here that Banks sees he can use in a team (but will probably catch anyway, for his Pokedex thing) so he just decided to train his Charmander. There were also a bunch of trainers around the route, probably doing the same thing as Banks is doing. "Hellfire, you want to battle with one of this guys?" The Charmander nodded, shivering in anticipation. Everytime Banks mentions battling, the little Pokemon seemed to get overexcited.

However, before Banks could even step out the town, someone called out to him. "You a trainer, brother?" Wait, what? Banks turned around and saw an older guy, probably around his twenties calling out to him. He was wearing a long and colorful dress and his hair seemed to be tied in dreadlocks. "You're a trainer right? Come on!" Before Banks could even react, the man called out his Butterfree. Woah. He's a fully grown. Ain't no way I am going to---"Hellfire!" I screamed after Charmander bounded in front of me and growled. Unfortunately, the Butterfree took this as a sign of challenge. It rushed towards the Charmander with an intent to Tackle. However, Hellfire just sidestepped out of the way and executed a Scratch. "Yeah!"

"Butterfree, Tackle again!" The Butterfree rushed towards the Charmander. Hellfire, seeing a repeated move, sidestepped out of the way again. Butterfree seemed to learn. At the last moment, it did a hard turn and crashed into Charmander as the latter was dodging. "Hellfire, Scratch now!" A critical hit. Butterfree was thrown away.

"Confusion!" Oh no. Banks just watched as Charmander was thrown away also. "Get up! Scratch!" Hellfire growled and executed another attack. However, using the Confusion seemed to tire the Butterfree out as its movements were sluggish now. And its trainer was not calling out the attack anymore. Banks just spammed Scratch while the Butterfree tries to evade the attack and send out a random Tackle. But I knew I am at the upper hand.

"SCRATCH HELLFIRE!" One hit and the Butterfree fell down. "Good work, Hellfire!" Banks cheered as his Pokemon did the mandatory bow all around. Of course he's confident. He's a Charmander after all. The man congratulated him after the battle, saying that Charmander is a remarkable Pokemon. Oh hell yeah.

"Well, that was a good battle, Hellfire," Banks told his Pokemon. Charmander growled and spit out another tongue of flame. "OK, we have to work regarding your random flame spits. It hurts."

"Char char char!" Oh bother.

♚ Here's looking at you, kid.
Years
Ivy Lawrence — Act 1.1
azalea town
ACQUIRED BADGES

--
--
--

POKéMON PARTY

O O O O O O

Empty

"No."

It was such a simple, blunt word that could slice through a conversation like a tiny cheese knife to an unsuspecting brick of cheese. It could bring down bridges and topple a tower of hierarchy, but what she loved most about the word was that it explained that which could not be said without the use of it, all in two meager letters! It has been the pinnacle component in refusal to any and all things asked or—dare she think it—assumed since its creation. Why, she could just kiss the person who discovered this insanely powerful weapon of speech.

"Ivy, if you don't get down here this instant so help me I will ground you for a month!"

Then, of course, there was always that. The ultimate shield against her tiny cheese knife. Parents. The entire fifteen years of her life have been in vain as she has tried to gain the upper hand over these tyrannical overlords. She claims herself to be the mastermind behind all parental rebellion in the world, but even she hasn't cracked the 'do this or you're grounded' nut of killjoy.

"You wouldn't really do that, right?" No reply. She just might be stepping into the danger zone here. "I mean, your daughter has just been given the chance to become a world renowned trainer! What would the public think if their leading lady never shows up for her appointment because her mother grounded her?"

There was a moment of pause as the woman on the ground debated her words carefully. "The public," her mother said in a cool, collected voice, "will respect a parent's decision to discipline a child who has behaved improperly. After all, you're not famous yet."

Yep, she knows when its time to abort, and that time is now. That woman sure can put up a good show. Ivy took one last look back at the incredible view of town from her perch on the tree before scampering down the branches with the skill of a Pachirisu. She has been doing this for as long as she can remember. Her whole childhood has almost been spent entirely in the comfort of a forest canopy. It was second nature to be among them as it was also her second home. Her parents despise her ascent into the trees of their backwoods but, being Ivy, she neither cared nor listened to their words of warning. Some might call it wisdom. She sees it for what it really is: being overprotective. It's not like she has ever fallen out of one before. Only unskilled, untalented, unintelligent children accomplish that feat of embarrassment. There are a lot of those around these parts.

Just as she reached the branch before the last, not even five feet off the ground, the unthinkable happened. It was completely improbable for the odds she meticulously calculated later. Why, it was that darn interference from the world again. It loathed her existence. She would bet her bottom coin on that.

What happened was she fell. Her! Of all people, she who had just finished mentally ridiculing those who have fallen in their life! Her yellow rain boot caught on a surprisingly strong twig and she slipped off the barked plank. With a (manly) squeak she plummeted to the waiting green carpet of doom, and after what seemed like an eternity she felt her bottom connect with the dirt.

The first word that came to mind was 'ow.' The second was more of a sentence that went along the lines of 'curse you mother, this is all your fault.'

The woman accountable rushed to her daughter's side immediately after witnessing the fall. Ivy, still winded from the descent, felt her nurturing arms embrace her bruised figure as her mother cooed and coddled the girl. Any other moment Ivy would be offended. Now? Well, she hated to admit it but the gesture was welcomed. It briefly reminded her of an earlier age when Mother Mags would rock her to sleep after a nightmare, or cuddle with her near the fire while drinking hot chocolate. It was something she missed but also something she knew she knew she had grown out of years ago.

Slowly her senses began to come back in full force. Most especially the pain.

"Please, you're making it rather difficult to breathe here," Ivy gasped and wiggled out of the hug.

"Don't you ever do that to me again! Do you know how frightening that was for me right then? To think! I am actually going to let you go on a Pokémon journey! I might start reconsidering the Professor's offer—"

What's that feeling? Panic. Definitely panic she's feeling right there. "NO! I mean... Mom, I am sorry. I really am and I promise not to do anything stupid like this again." Yeah, that wasn't happening. What her mother saw as stupid she saw as a challenge. Yet she did feel guilt settling in her stomach at the thought of scaring her mother. "Just please, please let me go find my way as a trainer."

Maggie Lawrence pulled away from her daughter and checked her over with a scrutinizing brown gaze. The girl wasn't too harmed from the fall. It might hurt to sit for a while but other than that she was as fit as a fiddle. Her mother sighed and gave the girl a loving smile. Soft fingers caressed her plump cheek as they smoothed back a loose lock of hair.

"Alright, sweet girl, alright. I just want you to remember something before you leave. Your father and I love you dearly and we believe in you. If you ever need anything, whether you need a break or just want to talk, we will always be here for you."

Despite her earlier behavior, Ivy returned a lopsided smile and a nod before getting to her feet. She gave her mother a hand and pulled her up as well before the duo made off for the Lawrence residence. This was her last breakfast she was going to have with her family for a while. She decided she was going to make the most of it.

A few hours after they finished their meal, Ivy hurried to her room and packed all the belongings she would be needing into one small bag. Travel light. Always an excellent idea. Besides, who needs a clean pair of socks? Hers were just fine as they were. She could always stop at another town to do laundry when need be. The young girl checked off the check list she stored inside her mind as she went around her room thrice. When she was satisfied that she was absolutely ready to depart she skipped down stairs with a pep to her step to find her parents at the bottom.

"Here I go. Next time you see me I will be a Pokémon master!" The confidence in her tone was almost sickening. Perfect. Smile and wave, Ivy. Smile and wave.

"Oh Arceus, don't let it be that long before we see you again," her father said with a chuckle.

With a quick hug and a peck to the cheeks she said her goodbyes and left her childhood home. It was the start of something new, something exciting. She could feel the hysterics of happiness fill her entire being as she stepped foot out the door. Finally, her dream was on its way to becoming a reality.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Lily Sassone: Chapter 1 – 1.3

Having a Hoot of a time

152.gif
pokeball.png
pokeball.png
pokeball.png
pokeball.png
pokeball.png

The glass doors of Professor Elm's laboratory slid open as Lily and Chikorita stepped outside. The sun's rays were more prominent now. Lily had spent more than an hour or so speaking with professor Elm, but she could have sworn that she was only with him for fifteen minutes max.

Lilly glanced over at her new buddy. Chikorita was nibbling on a nearby flower. The flower was bright crimson; its petals were delicate and looked silk-soft.

"Well, why don't we go check out route 29 hey?" Lily called out to Chikorita.

"Chika!" it replied cheerfully.

The two strolled toward the route, its entrance surrounded by thick trees and shrubbery. Route 29 wasn't a particularly long or dangerous route, but it wasn't the most simple of routes either. It had a vast amount of steep ledges, apricorn trees, and not to mention an abundance of thick and tall grass that swayed in the wind. What really caught Lily's eye amongst the scenery though, was a thick tree smack bang in the middle of the walking path. Lilly sighed.

"Looks like we'll have to take the long way around," Lily announced.

Not surprisingly, Chikorita wasn't bothered by the change in course, neither was Lilly. Both loved nature and its wonders, so the longer they spent amongst the luscious greenery, the better.

The pair made their way through the tall, dense grass that Lily knew would contain a diverse range of wild Pokemon. Finally reaching the end of the first patch of grass, Lily gave out a sigh of relief. She stretched her arms and legs to warm her muscles up for the trek ahead. Before she knew it however, a sharp pain pierced her shoulder. Wanting to soothe the pain with a gentle rub, Lily's hand was hit with what she saw to be a small jagged pebble.

"CHIIIKA", Chikorita growled.

Lily turned around instantly at the sound of her angry companion. She noticed it was growling at an odd-looking Pokemon perched on a branch not far off the ground, of an old oak tree. The creature was of spherical shape and had very large eyes; almost too large. It upheld a lean layer of brown feathers both on its body and on its stumpy wings.

"Hey!" she screamed, "that hurt!"​
The bird chuckled, "Hoo Hoo Hoo."
Furious, Lilly retorted sourly. "If you want to play ball games, take this!"

She swiftly snatched a Pokeball out of her strap-bag. With a firm flick of her wrist, she threw the Pokeball at the Pokemon. The ball whizzed toward the creature and hit it smack bang in the face. A fierce red light erupted from the ball absorbing the cocky creature. The device closed shut and fell to the ground. It wriggled once, then twice but the capture was unsuccessfully as the ball burst open and the Hoothoot broke free.

Flapping its short wings it zoomed up into the air angrily. Perhaps Lily shouldn't have been so sour toward it. The Hoothoot lunged itself forward swooping at herself and Chikorita.

"Chika!" Chikorita cried. It glanced at Lily with a confident and determined expression. Lily smiled subtly.
"Chikorita, take it out with Tackle!" Lily ordered.

Chikorita sped up and bounced toward the Hoothoot now hovering above them both. It was an easy dodge for the Hoothoot. Chikorita tumbled onto the ground. Despite this, Chikorita wasn't deterred.

Chikorita let out a formidable growl. The Hoothoot backed away slowly but decided it wouldn't give up so easily. Chikorita attempted another tackle, this time proving successful. The Hoothoot was thrusted backward. Chikorita wanting to finish things off, launched itself at the struggling Pokemon once more. Being rather chubby, Hoothoot rolled to the side, allowing for Chikorita to hit it slightly. This proved more than enough of an opportunity Lily though, as she threw another Pokeball at the –this time – weakened Pokemon. Despite it being mischievous, Lily could see its potential. Plus, she could use another early companion to liven up her adventures.

The ball spun toward Hoothoot and nudged it in the backside. In a supersonic flash, the bird disappeared into the confines of the red and white ball which began to wiggle for the second time. Now, all Lily had to do was wait; wait for the golden click. What was only seconds seemed like hours for Lilly who may have caught her first Pokemon.​

Chalifoux

Years

MESSENGER
BAGVENTORY

Pokéball x4
Chunks of Paper x∞
---
---
---

POKÉMON
ROOSTER

001.gif

161.gif
Brianna Brielle Jensen

Part the Third; Part One
Route 29

"So, you will be Herrharrier. Is that okay?" She says as she wipes away the remainders of poison from Sentrets eyes with a random piece of paper from her messenger bag, then discarding it to the ground.

Sentret turned his face away from Bree's. He simply cannot comprehend how he was caught by such punk. And he was still poisoned! Sotelo here seems to think something similar.

"Saur? Sa-Sa-Saur!"

"Sen-Sen-Tre-Tre-Tret!"

"Well you two do seem to get along rather fine!" Brianna said with a smile as she placed her arm on her waist, arched so that they depicted a sideways "v" clockwise and counterclockwise. What she didn't seem to realize is that the jeers that were told amongst the two Pokémon were because they were making fun of Brianna's terrible battle style, "Let's go then!"

And so, Brianna hoped in joy, Sentret cursed her as it walked on all fours with its tail perked up high, still struggling for the poison, and Bulbasaur moved slowly behind the two, exhausted as could be, walking is so much effort! And as they reach a fork in the road, they spot yet another potential capture...

A Pidgey, chirping at the soft grass, probably looking for food, minding his own bussiness without bothering anyone.
It's perfect. She takes an empty Pokéball from her messenger bag with her hand as she readies for another heated battle, "Sotelo, use-!"

"Hold it right there!" Pidgey raises his sight as he spots the now frozen Brianna, and, in the corner of his eyes, a group of three young girls the age of her. The three of them not much taller than Bree. The one in the middle had the looks of being the most annoying and mean girl you'd ever talk to, with her long, blue dress that glittered under the sunlight, matching shoes, and crimson red short hair. Her eyes piercing with evil that could scare anyone away.

To her left, a nicer looking gal. Hair slightly larger than the previous, a round face, and matching green blouse and pants. The first of a clear shade and the former of a darker tone. Innocent eyes and all.

The last one was very disconcerting, A gray trench coat that covered her clothes and her female appearance if it wasn't for the long ponytail protruding from her hat, which had a Pokéball embossed in it. Her long, black hair also covered her eyes with a tuft, so it was impossible to make out anything from her appearance, other than her round face and devilish grin.

"Huh?" Bree said as she turned around in confusion, quickly eyeing the girl in the middle.

"That Pidgey right there," Julia says as she points at the bird Pokémon with her left hand, "Get this. It is mine."

"Sorry to break it for you, miss "I'm to awesome to wear regular clothes in the day"," Bree replies with haste between laughs, "It's the wild: no Pokémon belong to anyone unless they've been caught!"

"Julia, are you gonna let her call you that?" Nikki says in surprise as she both tries to size the girl in front of them and throw wood to the fireplace that will soon fuel Bree's and Julia's conversation.

"'Course I won't Julia," she says, facing her for a tiny second before turning back to Bree, "And if it's nicknames and insults we're delving to, you're wasn't good. But what should I expect from someone like you?"

"Like me?"

"I've seen more than enough of your kind."

"My what?"

"You look brave, with that hair, and those clothes and that pose..."

"Why, thanks!"

"But you're weak and you'll break in the moment we fight!"

"What?!"

"Honey, it's okay, it's only natural that Julia -that's me- is better than you!" She ends with a laugh. That punk, how could they let people like her begin their journey? It's ridiculous!

Brianna bites her lips. That.. godamn... punk. How dare she talk to me like that? Hasn't she seen herself in the mirror or something? This is infuriating, madness indeed!, "No!" she yells as she sees Julia and her crew walking towards the innocent Pidgey that watched the discussion from a distance, "You want that Pidgey, then you'll have to get over me!" Sotelo and Herrharrier jump in front of her. Sure, they hate her to no end, but only they can talk to her like that!

"Saur!"

"Sentret!"

"Oh look., the most mainstream Pokémon there are," Julia points at Bree's team with a laugh, "But since it's a battle that you want I'll make sure to give you one!" Julia extends her hand towards Nikki, who hands her a Pokéball with haste, Julia tosses the capsule up high, and with a stream of light it reveals yet another Pokémon that will join the kerfuffle.

"Teddi! Urrrrrr-Sa!"
216.gif

YogiOne

Fantasy Dreamer
Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2016

Ryan Marsdon

Chapter 1 Post 4
The longest walk a boy could ever walk

Ani158MS.png
Irwin the Totodile
Pok%C3%A9_Ball_III.png
Pok%C3%A9_Ball_III.png
Pok%C3%A9_Ball_III.png
Pok%C3%A9_Ball_III.png
Pok%C3%A9_Ball_III.png

"Ughhhhhhhhh, this is soooooo long" To be honest though it wasn't a great distance to travel but Ryan's constant moaning, stopping to sit every five minutes and Irwin running off in the wrong direction made the journey down route 29 longer that it should have been. Once again Ryan found himself perched upon a nearby stone looking towards the direction of Cherrygrove City...

Ryan found himself laughing fixing himself in the chair before continuing "Hahaha, Dan I stared down that path for a long time, Irwin wasn't even concerned he was just hopping about"

"But why is it that you just stopped?"

"Dan the better question is what motivated me to move forward" saying this peeked Dan's interest "Route 29 was pretty uninspiring, you never hear stories about great battles or anything there but that route gave me a memory that to this day I haven't forgotten."

Before Ryan knew it Irwin had found a new buddy to play with, more specifically it was a Hoppip, who had joined Irwin on the ground bouncing and jumping all around in every direction. The harmony shown between a wild pokemon and his very own, it made him smile but smiles can quickly turn to frowns....

"Wow, Irwin introduce to your new buddy" Ryan stretched out his hand towards the small grass type pokemon unfortunately the response from Hoppip was an unexpected one. It floated up into the air over Ryan's head avoiding his hand completely, this prompted Irwin to react with glee at seeing Hoppip floating in the air, and he was obviously still in play mode.

If Ryan wasn't already confused he would be when Hoppip began releasing a light green powder which slowly floated down covering Ryan's entire body. "Huh, what did you just do to m..." out like a light. It was never irregular for Ryan to find himself sleeping at weird times or places but this current sleep was forced upon him. Hoppip was definitely going to give him a piece of his mind........when he woke up that is.

"Manectric use Shockwave!!" shouted the tall trainer across the distance with a large smirk on his face as the blue wolf like pokemon fired off a beam of light blue electricity towards Irwin.

It was obvious why his face had so much confidence, his attack would surely knock out the tired Irwin once it hit "It's going to be hard but I need you to dodge it" Irwin responded with a nod and managed to evade the blue beam at the last moment.

"He did it!! Somehow Ryan's pokemon has dodged and undodgeable attack!!!!!!!" the commentator wasn't the only one surprised, the entire stadium was in a uproar

"In all my years I've never seen such a thing!!" Professor Elm looked shocked, wiping his glasses just to make sure he had seen right.

"That's my son!!!!" Ryan's father also chimed in shouting out in pride.

"Counterattack!! Use Scratch!!!!" Irwin without hesitation went charging for Manectric who was still so surprised it couldn't move and the same could be said for his trainer. Irwin's scratch attack was all that was needed to end the battle.

"You've done a great job" Professor Elm made his way from the stand to congratulate Ryan who was smiling alongside Irwin who had just jumped into his arms.

"I almost can't believe it, last thing I can remember was a Hoppip putting me to sleep" saying that instantly changed Ryan's happy demeanor to a mood of remembrance. "AHHHHHHH!!!!! HOPPIP!!"

Ryan awoke to find Irwin still playing around with Hoppip "That betrayer" he mumbled as he shook himself out of the grogginess. "Hey!!" Ryan's shout got the attention of both pokemon and once again Hoppip was in the air floating over Ryan. "Don't you dear put me to sleep again!" Ryan attempted to run away but was stuck in place Hoppip's powder had already touched him and this time it was an orange color "Oh no stun spore"

Hoppip was once again off playing with Irwin, leaving Ryan immobile and helpless as he watched Hoppip taunt him and laugh while playing with the betrayer Irwin.

"Water Gun!" He may not have been able to move but he was at least able to shout and shout he did as he waited for Irwin to follow his command. Irwin might have frowned when he heard the order and who could blame him, he was ordered to attack Hoppip his little buddy.

I'm not stupid Hoppip has already used Sleep Powder and Stun Spore so the only attack left is Poison Powder and that could be really dangerous. I know it might be hard for Irwin but if he doesn't I could be in some serious trouble because that Hoppip doesn't seem to like me that much

Irwin eventually complied as he fired a small stream of water at the grass type and in combination with the wind Hoppip was sent flying into a nearby tree, to the disappointment of Irwin who rushed to his trainer's side. "That was a close one, huh?" the paralysis seemed to have worn off and although Irwin was now by Ryan's side he did appear saddened by the fact that Hoppip was gone. "Sorry about your little buddy but she was dangerous"

Obviously that was a sign to get going, they had wasted more than enough time here and Cherrygrove City wasn't coming to them. So once again the pair was on their feet and walking, slowly, but still walking

"Poor Hoppip, all he wanted was a friend"

"Poor Hoppip?!?!? You mean poor me! It's almost as bad as having a Phanpy tackle you in the gut but that's a story for another day"

"I mean even your Totodile was sad"

"Yeah he was but that wasn't the last we would see of that Hoppip, before we knew it Totodile would be in a face off against his former playmate"

Obviously future Ryan was right, Hoppip had come back and was angrier than ever, however angry a Hoppip could be that it, and now Irwin saw himself going head to head against Hoppip.

"Water Gun!"

"Scratch!!!"

"Water Gun one more time"

Nothing Ryan told Irwin to do was working, Hoppip was by no means a skilled fighter or extremely fast, it was all because Hoppip was at the mercy of the blowing wind. To be honest it was like a Kite being flown in the wind what made it worse was that Hoppip wasn't even attacking , she definitely wasn't made for fighting and it showed.

"Ughhh!" Irwin was getting tired and none of his attacks were hitting the frustration on Ryan's face was obvious but that didn't mean he was going to give up, what sort of trainer would he be if he did. "Use Water Gun again" Irwin looked around at his trainer almost as if questioning why he was ordered to do the same thing that has already failed them. "Don't look at me like that, you need to fire it straight at the ground ok?"

Now Irwin was catching on and followed Ryan's instruction perfectly thrusting himself to the air thanks to the force of the water gun. Now he was up close and personal with Hoppip mid-air "Yes!! Perfect range for a point black Scratch Attack!!!"

The plan worked out the scratch had hit Hoppip dead on and sent her flying into the ground knocked out by the encounter "Yeah!" Ryan's celebration was short lived as he watched Irwin walk towards the fainted Hoppip. Ryan let out a big sigh his next decision might end up being a mistake but he had to take the chance, for Irwin's sake. He reached into his bad and flung the pokeball towards the downed grass type and watched as the pokemon was enveloped in a bright beam of light and sucked into the pokeball.

Ryan stopped and watched as the pokeball rocked back and forth leaving both Ryan and Irwin watching patiently to see if the capture was successful...

Last edited:
Back