• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Switch-run.

Years
    After every 2 gyms, you change your Pokemon to something entirely new.

You can use completely different Pokemon for the Elite Four, and the team you beat the Elite Four with, you have to use for the completion of the game.

Can be used on hacks, unless they don't have the same feature as the hack.

Ultimate Mode: Beat all games using switch-run, so Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Fire Red, Leaf Green, Sapphire
    Ruby, Emerald, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Black, White, Black 2, White 2 and optional: X/Y. All games can be used with hacks
    only if they have the same features as them, different wild encounters are fine

The challenge is complete when.. - You defeat the champion. (RBY/RS/FRLG/DP/BW)
    - You defeat Red. (GSC/HGSS)
    - You defeat Steven. (E)
    - You complete the Stark Mountain side-quest. (Pt)
    - You defeat Cynthia. (BW2)
    - You finish the Looker missions. (XY)

Hacked games count as the original games, for example, if I were to do Sacred Gold as a hack, it would count as Heart Gold.

Variants such as Egglocke, Randomizer and others can work on this. But with Egglocke, it's just without the 'locke'

For Egglockes, I know it's without a 'locke', but the first pokemon you encounter in an area, you must catch, if you don't catch, you can't catch it there.

If you have no pokeballs and you encounter the first pokemon, you can come back and catch it when you get pokeballs, for the egglocke that is.

Can catch legendaries, but can't use them.

Can also be done with challenges such as Nuzlocke, Randomizer, and Monotype. However, if using these challenges, the "Switch pokemon after 2 gyms" rule will be removed, only for these challenges.

Also, please tell me if you're doing Ultimate Mode or not.

Please post what games you're doing, and what games you've finished, as for mine:

Ongoing: Soul Silver (Storm Silver), Platinum (Bloody Platinum), Yellow, Crystal, and Sapphire (Water Monotype)

Finished: Black 2 (Blaze Black 2)

Last edited:
    Back