• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] The New Gen Chronicles [T][OOC]

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    7fgf.png

| INTRODUCTION |

Tradition has it that once a young trainer reaches the age of 10, they must undergo a journey through the Pokemon World and complete the goal of their choice. However, over the years, a certain law was placed that required future trainers to prolong their journey until they reached the age of 19, rather than starting at a younger age. Of course with the exception of thoroughly filling out various forms, giving reasoning, fees, etc, this has now become a more favorable choice, where many people insist on waiting until they reach early adulthood, to venture out into the world. In fact, not only has this become the better choice, it recently became the only choice.

With this, brings more limitations however. Now a more restricted place, trainers are highly encouraged to travel in groups, to ensure they make the most out of their experience, interacting and creating new bonds with a network of friends along with added safety that travelling in groups provide. That is essentially the purpose of the journey. Along with it, came about 'checkpoints'. Upon entering each city, a Trainer is required to 'check-in' at each Pokemon Centre in a city, for track keeping records mainly. While catching Pokemon, Trainers must make sure that any stray Pokemon in the city are NOT to be captured. Doing so could result in a hefty fine. Instead, Pokemon can only be caught in the wilderness. Battling however, along with contests, have significantly grown in popularity. Along with the Region's League tournament, there is now also the NPA World Championship. Held in different places every time, it is open to nearly everyone. As long as you can battle, you can participate. The contests remain the same, with each Region holding a Grand Festival. However, the real kicker here is that trainers are not required to fulfill any of these tasks. These are possible goals for trainers, but the real goals lie within the trainers themselves. Some aspire to be doctors, or maybe teachers. As long as you learn, progress, create bonds and have fun, then you are doing your part in this journey.

As the Pokemon World has become a more secure place, one thing is sure. There are still stories to be told, badges to be won, and more importantly bonds to be made. So get out there and have fun!

| THE LETTER |

Spoiler:

| WHERE YOU COME IN & HOW THE RP WILL WORK |

Hoenn.jpg

You are of course, a trainer that has finally begun their journey. You are 19 (or possibly even older!) and have finally reached the day where you must go out in to the world to leave your mark. Have no fear, as you will be accompanied by a variety of folks who all share the same path, but most likely different destinations. Although you have reached adulthood, you are still new to the world of Pokemon. Whatever small experience you have in battling is not on par with that of those in the real world. Whatever knowledge you have is not comparable to those with the actual experience. However, as your journey progresses, so will your skills. Soon enough, you'll be ready to take on the world.

Your journey begins in the tropical Hoenn region. Living in Hoenn, it only makes sense that you venture out in this beautiful region first before anything else. You shall meet Professor Birch at his lab in Littleroot Town, where you will not only receive your first Pokemon, but you will also meet with your group mates and future friends that you shall be travelling with for the journey. Be ready to mingle, and make sure you don't get off on the wrong foot with them, as it is not too wise to be making enemies before friends!

As for the RP, we will be travelling in groups throughout the region, as per travel rules set by the League. Groups will likely not exceed 6 (unless this gets uber popular, but I don't think that will happen). This is not going to be a sandbox RP, but there will be plenty of times where we will stop at a city and you are free to do your own thing until we move on. There will be no chapters, as the story will mostly be determined by actions and whatnot but I still have some things are definitely going to happen, along with some guidelines throughout the RP just so you guys know what will happen. Your characrers DO NOT have to partake in contests or gym battles. They can have a totally different goal in mind, however the journey is there to give them a little kickstart. Also note, there's no true leveling system like in the games, but we will stick to it similar to Anime style. As for Gym leaders, they will be NPCs controlled by me, but you guys are free to create your own rivals and whatnot.

~​

Alrighty guys. It's been a while since I have made a Pokemon RP, so I decided to create one. Took me a little while to add my own twist to it without taking away anything major, or making it too cliché, so I hope you guys don't mind. Hopefully this will be a good RP.

Also, letting you guys know right now. There's a lot of rules. But I believe good, detailed rules prevents any sort of misconception about things, and just makes for a better RP overall.

I should also let you guys know, that we will be travelling in groups. I'm not sure if I should split it up or not, or keep it as one big group, but if you guys have any ideas, let me know. This is not going to be sandbox, but there will often be times where I let you guys go off and do your own things until story progresses.

~​

| REGULAR RULES |

1) All PC Rules apply
    2) No Bunnying, God-Modding, etc.
    3) Yes, it is rated T. Reason being characters are older, so obviously we won't be talking like kids. Romance/Sexual Content, violence, some swearing here and there is allowed, but please no gore. This is not a Horror Movie. Reasonable blood is allowed (say someone gets into a fight, gets hurt by a Pokemon, etc).
    4) Please post frequently. It makes it more fun for everyone. If you plan on joining, please stay until the end. Don't half-do this.
    5) If you plan to be away for a while let me know and we'll sort something out

| WORLD RULES |

1) ASK before catching a Pokemon/Evolving. If I say no, then no. With that being said, I have a form you need to fill out before catching a Pokemon.

2) I have no real restrictions on the move limit for your Pokemon, but be sensible. If they have 10 moves, then you're going a bit far. There has to be some limitations/strategy involved., so we're going to ahead and say 5-6. We are following the games a bit on the move pool, which means your Pokemon really shouldn't be able to use high level moves at it current stage(With the exception of Egg moves I guess, but don't overdo-it). Of course this is not exact, so reasonable move pools at a lower level should suffice. Also, again, ask me before giving your Pokemon a new move.

3) Now, of course since this a Pokemon RP, there will be battling. And I don't know about you guys, but every Pokemon RP I have been in, the battling system is ever so flawed where characters keep dodging each other's attacks. So here are my rules on battling: First, I am only giving you THREE dodges per battle. Even then I think it's a bit much, but we'll see how it goes. If you want more dodges, then use a slot in your movepool for an evasion attack. Secondly, we are going by the games in terms of accuracy as well as power. If it doesn't have 100% hit rate, then there is a chance it can miss (either being too powerful or hard to aim), unless it can never miss(Magical Leaf, Aura Sphere, etc). That's pretty much it. If you guys have any more input on battling let me know.

4) No Legendary Pokemon (Or even seeing them for that matter).

5) TM/HM's are allowed, but expensive. They are only obtainable though defeating Gym Leaders, or gifts, or can be bought(if you have enough money in the RP).

6) HMs are not going to be used to break obstacles. If a Pokemon like Scyther doesn't know cut(But it has sharp claws), then it can automatically slice through thickets and whatnot. Obviously if it is a thicker sort of tree or something then an attack such as X-scissor may be required. Same goes for swimming, flying, etc.

7) We are starting off with a Maximum of only ONE Pokemon. Be reasonable. No Kangaskhan, Scyther, etc or anything else out of the ordinary.

8) Your Trainer Card will serve as both Identification as well as money. Money can be loaded onto it, and all it takes is a swipe. Cash is also allowed if you prefer. Trainers also receive discounts at most places, and get free lodging at Pokemon Centers.

9) First part of RP will take place in Hoenn.

SIGN-UP TEMPLATE:
    Spoiler:

MY SIGN-UP:
    Spoiler:

ACCEPTED:
    Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    Sorry guys, I think I may have to scrap this one :(

Reason being, I just don't think regular journey RPs like this one could actually do anything in the long term, or even have a decent plot to be honest. Besides, I had to create a new RP, to compensate for this one.

Back