• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Past in Pieces

Years
  • Heh. This is my first fanfic that I posted since I joined the Pok?Community a little over a year ago. I guess you could call it an OT. The fanfic is heavily based on my first true Pok?mon role-play called Back to the Past: A Red, Blue, Yellow (and Green) Roleplay, first started by Skye, a long missing Pok?Commuter. *sob* Of course, you don't have to read through all of those posts , although I do recomend to browse through it.

Legal Stuff: Pok?mon, Pikachu, and all other US character names are copyrighted by 2005 Pok?mon USA, Inc. All character names are trademarks of Nintendo. Trademarks and copyrights are properties of Nintendo. 2005 copyright Nintendo/Pok?mon USA, Inc. 1995-2005 copyright Nintendo/Creatures Inc./GAME FREAK, Inc. All rights reserved.

And now, on with the fanfic (which hopefully doesn't stink...)

Chapter 1: A Trainer's Return

The sun was playing between the tall buildings of Cerulean City. Light peeked between the buildings as it was setting. The air was unusually cool this time of year. Duc welcomed the light as it warmed his body every now and then. In the wagon he was dragging, his six new companions would have caused a commotion, but they were asleep, wrapped in blankets.

"They got it lucky today," Duc muttered to himself. "Hopefully, that luck would spread out to me soon."

Duc hoped to reach his destination soon. The sun was quickly fading in the barely visible horizon. Cars and occasional people passed by Duc without giving a glance at him. Given the fact that Duc hid his bandaged right arm in his blue vest, he felt relieved that he didn't cause much attention to himself.

Only one person can help me out in this city right now... he thought, quickening his pace. He had to cross a street jammed with various cars and taxis. He thought the deafening car horns and the bumps that the seperated the road from the sidewalk would have awoken the sleeping Pok?mon. Duc looked back and was reassured by their gentle breathing that they were indeed still in dreamland.

Before reaching the house he was looking for, he crossed in front of a building that had a large Dewgong on top of it. Duc took a moment and thought of the battle he had with the Cerulean City Gym Leader. Although he did manage to get the Cascade Badge, he never really did finish the battle with the leader. It was interupted by an unseen event. At that thought, he looked at his right arm. First bandaged in this city after that event, he rubbed the rough surface of the cloth that wrapped around it. Finally, after wandering through a small neighborhood, he reach the house he hoped was where help could be found.

Duc knocked the door carefully as to not wake up his Pok?mon. He heard light footsteps approaching. As the door was opening, Duc looked back, noticing that a Pok?mon was softly yawning.

"Ash?!" said a startled voice as Duc's back was turned towards her.

He flinched. "Man, even you can't recognize me by now, Misty?" He said to the young red head. He noticed that her hair wasn't tied up to the left like the last time he saw her. Misty didn't take any time fixing what she just said.

"Duc??? What are you doing back here?" she said as Duc was adjusting his glasses.

Years

Didn't you read the stuff over the Legal Stuff? I put a hyperlink towards it!

It IS a good idea to develope the character from the beginning. I agree. However, I just assumed everyone would read the first few posts, describing the character in the RP. Oh well. I won't forget next time.

Back