• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fake 3D sprites

BugMania

The Bug Master
Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2016
    Very well, as it seems that many people are enjoying my "fake 3D" graphics work, here's a good way to speed up work and increase the list of credits in my hack and several others who could make use of it too!^^

Use this site to catch the gifs:

I use this programs to resize and retaliate the gifs:
    Spoiler:

Attention, you need give credit for all of the following selected if you use these sprites:
    Spoiler:

Here are the jobs I did so far:

G1:
    Front:

Back:

G2:
    Front:

Back:

G3:
    Front:

Back:

G4:
    Front:

Back:

G5:
    Front:
    Spoiler:

Back:
    Spoiler:

G6:
    Front:
    Spoiler:

Back:
    Spoiler:

MEGA PKMN
    Front:
    Spoiler:

Back:
    Spoiler:

Preview:
    G1_Front

Help, please, to complete the list, because it is huge!;-;

Sorry if I'm speaking incorrectly, I use google to translate! {XD}

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hey there! This resource is really interesting, and I think something a lot of people would appreciate. But could you post the actual sprites here and not just links? It's easier when we can see the actual images. :)

BugMania

The Bug Master
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2016
    Hey there! This resource is really interesting, and I think something a lot of people would appreciate. But could you post the actual sprites here and not just links? It's easier when we can see the actual images. :)
    Ok, I go providence it{:3}

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2023
    I really love your sprite! Thanks for this, but the tut don't say anything how to work xD after i resized the sprite, What should I do? (with infra and paint); your sprite is so ♥♥♥♥ing detailed, what is your procedure? ^^

P.S: Bug, but your name is Fabio, you are italian? :D

BugMania

The Bug Master
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2016
    Pick infra view, look for the option "decrease color";
    Save the separate frame
    resize about 80 to 65% - this is variable
    paste the resised frame on top of the 16 colours

rarely requires edition
    the venusaur has many colors, is disproportionate - it requires edition

'm Not Italian, I'm brazilian ...{XD}

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2023
    Sorry Fabio, I don't do it on purpose, but in infraview can't decrease color with gifs... we are need your complete procedure, step by step :D I've tried with many pokemons, but have problems to synchronize palette between front and back (I proceeded a little random because I do not know exactly how you did^^)
    Anyway i think many pokemon are impossible to resize correctly, right? Charizard with its wings or Mewtwo's backsprite with its long tail...

BugMania

The Bug Master
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2016
    Sorry Fabio, I don't do it on purpose, but in infraview can't decrease color with gifs... we are need your complete procedure, step by step :D I've tried with many pokemons, but have problems to synchronize palette between front and back (I proceeded a little random because I do not know exactly how you did^^)
    Anyway i think many pokemon are impossible to resize correctly, right? Charizard with its wings or Mewtwo's backsprite with its long tail...
    Oh, then your problem is with syncing!
    But I have good news, the other is not both ...
    The good is that I also carry this burden.
    The other is that ...: The only way I found was to MANUALLY sync ...
    sad ...
    Who knows ... there is not any RPG Maker game that uses these colors synchronized, so it's useful!

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2023
    Ehm, not exactly this... my problem, especially, is my sprites looks so bad (because i don't know how you proced step by step, everything...)
    Your sprite is so unbelievable! Especially charizard sprite, rulez! But why you post only shiny backsprite? :D (for Unlz?)

BugMania

The Bug Master
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2016
    Ehm, not exactly this... my problem, especially, is my sprites looks so bad (because i don't know how you proced step by step, everything...)
    Your sprite is so unbelievable! Especially charizard sprite, rulez! But why you post only shiny backsprite? :D (for Unlz?)

Ok, the only thing I did not say still, is that I use the "GifSplitter" - in the first link of the google should be possible to find it ...^_^
    The sprite must be, generally, with the background of "black" color, to do not spoil the other colors ...{D:}
    you must paste the Graphical of 255 colors fallen on top of the 16 colors **

This is not too difficult, I will show how this set my Infa View:
    Spoiler:

I do not use any secret, or something...{XD}

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2023
    nothing to do, I'm sorry, I still have not understood very well >.<
    is so confusing...
    I've tried in any way, but my sprite never looks like your

BugMania

The Bug Master
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2016
    nothing to do, I'm sorry, I still have not understood very well >.<
    is so confusing...
    I've tried in any way, but my sprite never looks like your
    Could you show me some, so I could find what's wrong!:)

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2023
    Hmm I say the steps that I understand :
    First, i take a gif from the site, then split with Gif splitter, then i open a frame with infraview.
    Then change infraview settings:
    ---> "Preserve ratio ..."
    DPI-96;
    Ressample-B-spline;
    Just "use fast ressample". <---
    Then i resize % between 80 and 65... then Decrease Color without select an option... and then stop, i don't know how to did xD I've tried to resize with paint (64x64) but many times looks so weird... i random proceed after, because i don't know other, but the results is always horrible compared to your works xD :P

BugMania

The Bug Master
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2016
    Hmm I say the steps that I understand :
    First, i take a gif from the site, then split with Gif splitter, then i open a frame with infraview.
    Then change infraview settings:
    ---> "Preserve ratio ..."
    DPI-96;
    Ressample-B-spline;
    Just "use fast ressample". <---
    Then i resize % between 80 and 65... then Decrease Color without select an option... and then stop, i don't know how to did xD I've tried to resize with paint (64x64) but many times looks so weird... i random proceed after, because i don't know other, but the results is always horrible compared to your works xD :P

If the google translator does not disappoint me ... ~_~
    Your problem is in this sentence:
    "Then i resize% between 80 and 65 ... then without Decrease Color select an option ..."{D:}
    First, you have to reduce the colors, then you save the sprite of 16 colors in one place - Cracker Maker, preferably ... - After this, take the image of 255 colors, and resize again.
    Paste the resized upon the Cracker Maker's image ... this is it!^^

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2023
    Nothing... it seems that I do it on purpose, but it is not so :(
    I'm just denied for these things, i hope someone help you complete them soon...
    Also after paste resized sprite on 16 colors sprite, is treated as if it had many colors
    and becomes a stain in a sprite editor... and I do not know at what time have to add a background...
    1) Take a gif and use gif splitter, and open with infraview
    2) I've resized with your settings, then decrease color at 16 and save this frame
    3) Open again the sprite, resize without decrease color, and save also this,
    4) Open both with paint, i select and copy the sprite (of Step-3) on sprite of 16 colors, then i add now a background (i also tried to add BG during resize and paste the 16 color sprite on only resized sprite, but in both chases my results are too bad...)

Lol me too use google translate because i'm italian XD

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2023
    I think the Mega Evolution is impossible in Fake 3D to resize correctly in 64x64 :P
    I've tried Mega Charizard X in all ways without success (Mega Blastoise is not bad instead...). You can try M-Charizard X by your hands? I'm curious ^^

BugMania

The Bug Master
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2016
    I think the Mega Evolution is impossible in Fake 3D to resize correctly in 64x64 :P
    I've tried Mega Charizard X in all ways without success (Mega Blastoise is not bad instead...). You can try M-Charizard X by your hands? I'm curious ^^
    There are difficulties to edit a sprite large, they have some complex traits ...
    The Xerneas, for example, is very strange, because it is only in a size that seems a little wood around other sprites!
    What I really had in mind was to create a routine for two sprites arise
    for some pokemon ...
    Also, if applicable, create a type of camera handling (type Digimon World DS ...).
    I even thought about doing something like ... I talk about pokemon BW approximation of the screen, but I can not enlarge the backgrownd (if anyone knows let me know please;-;), only the sprites move and do things like copies of them.
    In conclusion, it would be possible to create two sprites - one complexed, and the other not!o_O

But do not worry about it, because the sprites will come out anyway, so it's a bit difficult to easily resize some ...
    The Mega pokemon are starting to be edited, Mega Charizard X is ready!^^

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2023
    wow, you mega charizard its fabolous!! xD
    I not understand only one word of what you said, but if you really know how to make all fake 3d sprite, would fantastic! :)
    I really like your spriting method ^^

Pinta77

Wow O.O great job! These could be useful to some genius ROM hackers

Back