• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

CrystalStatic's Resources & Tutorials

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
  • CrystalStatic's Resources

Hiya, PokéCommunity!
    I've decided to post my ROM Hacking Resource things in their own thread instead of keeping them all separate on the old Resources thread. I will update this thread as I put out new stuff~

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pokémon Icon Sprites

This is a list of all Pokémon icon sprites from generations five (Unova), six (Kalos), and all existing mega-evolutions. All of these sprites are compatible with Wichu's Advanced Pokemon Icon Editor & karatekid552's Gen III ROM Hacking Suite~

NOTICE: These sprites do not have a second frame to them. However, MrDollSteak now is creating/accepting these icon sprites with second frames. If you are looking for icons with second frames, head over to MrDollSteak's Gen VI DS-Style 64x64 Sprites thread.

GENERATION 5
    Spoiler:

Download - http://www.mediafire.com/download/bokswm2w35bka25/5th_gen_Pokemon_Icons.rar

GENERATION 6
    Spoiler:

Download - http://www.mediafire.com/download/plcroc056cp6cg4/6th_gen_Pokemon_Icons.rar

MEGA-EVOLUTIONS
    Spoiler:

Download - http://www.mediafire.com/download/fcn8kcrhtzkah59/Mega_Evolutions.rar

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Video Tutorials

This is a list of my step-by-step video tutorials on ROM hacking in general. These videos range from inserting OW sprites, animating tiles, indexing images, and so on. I wanted to post these on PokéCommunity because I feel people will get more out of them browsing around on this site instead of YouTube itself~

ADVANCED TEXT TROUBLESHOOTING
    Spoiler:

INSERTING A GENERIC SPRITE
    Spoiler:

EDITING & IMPORTING OW SPRITES
    Spoiler:

CHANGING FR/LG TITLESCREEN POKéMON
    Spoiler:

CHANGING FR/LG BOOT SCREEN TEXT
    Spoiler:

INDEXING A SPRITE
    Spoiler:

ACTIVATING THE NATIONAL DEX IN R/S
    Spoiler:

INSERTING A POKéMON BATTLE SPRITE
    Spoiler:

INSERTING A POKéMON ICON SPRITE
    Spoiler:

EVERYTHING TILES
    Spoiler:

CREATING TILE ANIMATIONS
    Spoiler:

More will be added as time goes on~
    You may credit me if you wish~

Last edited:

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Wow this is very useful for my hack! Thank you!

Spoiler:

Check out MrDollSteak's thread, he has some there. Also CrystalStatic, damn this is the bomb diggity man, thanks, I'll be using this..

Renegade

Time for real life...
    Years
  • Just updated with my video tutorials on a surprising amount of different topics on ROM hacking in general~

Originally Posted by Dark Sneasel
    Check out MrDollSteak's thread, he has some there. Also CrystalStatic, damn this is the bomb diggity man, thanks, I'll be using this..

Thank you for the kind words!

Originally Posted by XDamaru
    Wow this is very useful for my hack! Thank you!

Your welcome! Make sure to tell me if you come across any errors with the sprites. I'm pretty sure they're completely ironed out now, so everything should be good to go. :)

Last edited:

CosmicBlazer

Batman
    Years
  • Thank you for your resources. Now for tile animations do you know where I can find tiles that can be animated?

Renegade

Time for real life...
    Years
  • Thank you for your resources. Now for tile animations do you know where I can find tiles that can be animated?

Any tile can be animated, it's just a case of (assuming you watched the animating tile video) putting the 8x8 tiles in a left-to-right order in the tileset.

loldamaru

say lol
    Years
  • WHAT? TUTORIALS IN VIDEO FORM?
    Good job CrystalStatic... I hope you will post another video here, so i can solved my problem when i followed text tutorial. Video are better than a text :D
    Again.. thanks man u are so kind!

Last edited:

Renegade

Time for real life...
    Years
  • WHAT? A VIDEO TUT?
    Good job CrystalStatic... I hope you will post another video here, so i can solved my problem when i followed text tutorial. Video are better than a text :D
    Again.. thanks man u are so kind!

There are more than one on the thread, guy. :3

nasonex

is trying to learn how to hack
    Years
  • Please, please, please! More videos! Preferably, scripting videos!

Anyways, thanks for this! Been needing a thread like these. People should post more video tutorials like this. Especially the tips & tricks in using various tools and resources for ex. the key shortcuts for the tools, etc.

Renegade

Time for real life...
    Years
  • Please, please, please! More videos! Preferably, scripting videos!

Anyways, thanks for this! Been needing a thread like these. People should post more video tutorials like this. Especially the tips & tricks in using various tools and resources for ex. the key shortcuts for the tools, etc.

I usually only make videos when I learn something new that I want to share with the community (and when I'm really bored :P). But I'll try to get more out soon.

Already know the video tutorials As I said before they are good.... :)

Thank you! :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    hi CrystalStatic
    It's shachar700 from YT. hmmm what do you do if you have red blocks in APE and what to do if you don't know what pallet you want to change (for ex: the boy sprite)

your videos are great and helpfull

Renegade

Time for real life...
    Years
  • hi CrystalStatic
    It's shachar700 from YT. hmmm what do you do if you have red blocks in APE and what to do if you don't know what pallet you want to change (for ex: the boy sprite)

your videos are great and helpfull

Not sure what you mean by 'red blocks' in APE, you should provide screenshots. Even thinking about it though, I'm not sure what the problem could be. If you need help with figuring out what palettes to use (the number), ask away here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=284

You can post your APE problem in that thread as well~

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Spoiler:

I can't really post screenshots yet so I thought you'll understand what I meant

Back