• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Disable bag in trainer battles

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Is there any way to prevent the use of items in trainer battles like in battle frontier IN FIRERED?

Last edited:

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • Which game are you hacking? If it's Emerald I'm sure you could use some clever manipulating of the Battle Frontier specials.

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2023
    Change what I circled to 0 for items that have effects during battle:
    Spoiler:

By doing this, the player will not be able to use items during battle. For some items (i.e. Potion), setting Battle Usage to 0 does the trick, but for others, such as the berries, I also had to set Code to 0 in order for them to stop working during battle. I should mention that this does not take out their held item effects, so it will be exactly like the Battle Frontier.

Last edited:

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Tiny Umbrella with Lots and Lots of Good
    Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024
    If you care for a less global solution, FR's multi-player check is at x143d6- you'll need to write some ASM but it shouldn't be that hard to branch away from there and check a flag instead. This would allow you to stop the player from opening the bag at all during only specific battles.

Back