• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

<<| The Team Fortress 2 Pokemon Challenge |>>

SuperEspeon

Sinnohbaby
Years
375px-Responses.png

Introduction

Hello everyone, it's SuperEspeon here with a pokemon challenge mode based off of the Valve hit videogame, Team Fortress 2. It's the only game I've played that compares to Pokemon in the amount of hours I've played. I decided to blend the two together to form an interesting challenge of sorts. If you're familiar with the series than this will be a very nice and interesting challenge, and if you're not familiar with the grand TF2, try the challenge out anyway. If you need a general backstory as to what it is, here you go: click here ...
Now before you start rambling about headwear or making some clever thought out joke about hats, think of the other thing TF2 has: it's nine wonderfully thought out classes! The Scout, The Soldier, The Pyro, The Demoman, The Heavy, The Engineer, The Sniper, The Medic, and the Spy all form together for an effect team of mercs. You will be able to choose what TF2 Class you would like to play as, and that will determine what rules will be in place for you. Read on my friend.

Rules
  1. You may pick 1 TF2 class. According to the section below, that will tell you what types of pokemon you can use, and will also grant you two special perks.
  2. You may use a minimum of 4 pokemon, and a maximum of 5. You must use a minimum of 3 pokemon whose' typing corresponds with the ones assigned to your class, and a minimum of 1, maximum 2 pokemon that correspond to the special typing.
  3. Respawn time: When a pokemon faints in battle, you may not use that Pokemon until you have defeated the next gym OR have discovered a new town.
  4. You may not use any HMs that are unneccessary for the advancement of the game. For instance you cannot use Fly, Flash, or Defog. But if an HM is essential for advancement of the game (like you need to cut a tree down), you may do so.
  5. You cannot buy any status healing medicines (e.g. awakening, burn heal, paralyz heal), unless you have a class perk that specifies that you may do so. You may also not buy any Protein, Zincs, Calciums, HP Ups, etc. You may not buy potions or any other healing items from stores. You may only use ones you find on the ground.
  6. The game ends once you have beaten the Champion from your respective reigon, or if you are play GSC or HGSS, it ends when you defeat Red.
  7. Hacking/Trading is only allowed if you cannot legally obtain one of your pokemon before the 2nd gym, OR, if a Pokemon is needed to Evolve by trading
  8. Becoming an ultimate champion requires you to complete all reigons with the same class.
  9. Legendaries are allowed as long as they have a BST under 600.
  10. HM Slaves are allowed, as long as the HM Slaves in question never enter a battle
  11. To make sure you've read the rules, at the bottom of your sign up sheet put "Sinnoh confirmed!"
    =================================================================​
Meet the Team

Spoiler:

50px-Mediumhealth.png
50px-Mediumhealth.png

HTML:
[B]PC Name:[/B]
[B]Game:[/B]
[B]TF2 Class of Choice:[/B]
[B]Ultimate?:[/B]
[B]Your Team:[/B]
Spoiler:

CHALLENGERS

Spoiler:

CHAMPIONS

Spoiler:

ULTIMATE CHAMPIONS!

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Wanderer Miror B.

The user formerly known as Orrefan8888
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 24, 2017
Never played the game, but this looks pretty fun and a little challenging too.

I'll give it a try:

PC Name: Orrefan8888
Game: A Kanto Game TBD (the challenge will be on hiatus until I can find one)
TF2 Class of Choice: Soldier
Ultimate?: No
Your Team: Machamp, Charizard, Nidoking (class types), Dragonite (attack highest base stat), Kingler (base speed between 70 and 80)

Sinnoh Confirmed!

Last edited:

SuperEspeon

Sinnohbaby
Years
Never played the game, but this looks pretty fun and a little challenging too.

I'll give it a try:

PC Name: Orrefan8888
Game: A Kanto Game TBD (the challenge will be on hiatus until I can find one)
TF2 Class of Choice: Soldier
Your Team: Machamp, Charizard, Nidoking (class types), Dragonite (attack highest base stat), Kingler (base speed between 70 and 80)

Sinnoh Confirmed!

Your team looks good for now, once you find a game go ahead and tell me. Glad to see someone actually likes this challenge, I was getting worried there for a second. Anyways, I'll have a progress report of my playthrough up soon.

.Missingno

Viridian City Gym Leader
Years
HTML Code:
PC Name:.Missingno
Game: Pokemon Firered
TF2 Class of Choice: Pyro
Ultimate?: Not at this Time.
Your Team:
Charizard (Fire)
Dragonite (Dragon)
Houndoom(Dark)
Pinsir (Highest Base Stat is Attack)

Sinnoh Confirmed!
Hopefully this is okay??

Last edited:

.Missingno

Viridian City Gym Leader
Years
I did. It's just a typo, and I'm not too anal about those things. I try to be rather laid back, and I understood what he meant so I just let it go. It's not really that big of a deal.

Sorry about that I'm posting from my phone right now but I fixed it none the less!

SuperEspeon

Sinnohbaby
Years
HTML Code:
PC Name:.Missingno
Game: Pokemon Firered
Ultimate?: Not at this Time.
Your Team:
Charizard (Fire)
Dragonite (Dragon)
Arcanine (Fire)
Magmar (Fire)
Umbreon (Dark)

Sinnoh Confirmed!
Hopefully this is okay??

Sorry, I can't approve you. The challenge requires you to use 3 of the elemental types, and at least 1 of the special types. Just fix your team accordingly, and hopefully we can get an approval.

.Missingno

Viridian City Gym Leader
Years
Sorry, I can't approve you. The challenge requires you to use 3 of the elemental types, and at least 1 of the special types. Just fix your team accordingly, and hopefully we can get an approval.

I'm sorry about that. I edited it again and it should be good now!

Wanderer Miror B.

The user formerly known as Orrefan8888
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 24, 2017
Your team looks good for now, once you find a game go ahead and tell me. Glad to see someone actually likes this challenge, I was getting worried there for a second. Anyways, I'll have a progress report of my playthrough up soon.

Looks like I have a Blue Version that will work. I look forward to taking on this challenge.

SuperEspeon

Sinnohbaby
Years
Looks like I have a Blue Version that will work. I look forward to taking on this challenge.

Orrefan8888 is now officially approved! I will add you to the list of Challengers.
.Missingno is also officially approved! I will add you to the list of Challengers.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 1, 2020
PC Name:mattastro91
Game:Pokemon Diamond
TF2 Class of Choice:Spy
Your Team:
- Garchomp
- Crobat
- Mismagius
- Honchkrow
- Empoleon
Sinnoh confirmed!
can't wait to get started:D

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
Team Fortress 2 is my other favourite game.

PC Name:
Cymry
Game: Pokemon Y
Ultimate?: Maybe later
Your Team:
Charizard (Fire)
Absol (Dark)
Tyrantrum (Dragon)
Aromatisse (Pyrovision Goggles)

Sinnoh confirmed!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 15, 2023
PC Name: DarkChibimon
Game: Fire Red
TF2 Class of Choice: Medic
Your Team: Venusaur (Grass)
Lapras (Water)
Gardevoir (Fairy)
Miltank (In Battle Healing move (Milkdrink))
Chansey (Wall of HP)
Sinnoh confirmed!
Hopefully I did this right, it's been a long time since I did a challenge run in pokemon

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 10, 2015
PC Name: BoltThief
Game: HeartGold
Ultimate?: Will try for it
Your Team:Arcanine(Fire)
Dragonite(Dragon)
Umbreon(Dark)
Granbull(Pyro Vision Goggles)
Gyrados(Highest Stat Attack)
Sinnoh Confirmed!
These can only be obtained after the 2nd gym.
Also If i beat HG does it count as 2 regions Kanto and Jhoto or not?

Years
PC Name: Theres no Shaymin it
Game: Platinum
TF2 Class of Choice: The Spy~ (heehee)
Your Team:
1. Dusclops (Ghost)
2. Weezing (Poison)
3. Muk (Poison)
4. Arbok (Poison)
5. Absol (Dark)

Sinnoh Confirmed! :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
Finished way back in October, but forgot to post it here.

Final team below cut

Spoiler:

Back