• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Scripting problem!

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2015
    Hi everyone . I tried making a script and it compiles
    BUT when i try to implement it in game the game freezes after the first dialogue
    can someone please help me i set the unknown to 3 also and the var number to 6000 .
    here is the script

Spoiler:

Please help ASAP!

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Why is your script inserted at 0x29F7EB? FSF isn't perfect, especially if you're using long scripts / changing scripts - something that was 'free' might actually be important. Scripts, generally, are inserted at 0x740000 onwards (or 0x800000). To do this use the #dynamic 0x740000 command at the top of your script along with blank pointers.

I can't see an exact reason for this freezing but it looks like you have edited your script, or it has some overlap. I'm assuming the trainerbattle pointer isn't meant to go to:

#org 0x29FA02
    updatecoins 0xE1 0xE1
    setdoorclosed 0xAD 0xE3D3

Anywho, this may be a compiling error. Reinsert your script at a higher offset and see how it performs then.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2015
    Why is your script inserted at 0x29F7EB? FSF isn't perfect, especially if you're using long scripts / changing scripts - something that was 'free' might actually be important. Scripts, generally, are inserted at 0x740000 onwards (or 0x800000). To do this use the #dynamic 0x740000 command at the top of your script along with blank pointers.

I can't see an exact reason for this freezing but it looks like you have edited your script, or it has some overlap. I'm assuming the trainerbattle pointer isn't meant to go to:

#org 0x29FA02
    updatecoins 0xE1 0xE1
    setdoorclosed 0xAD 0xE3D3

Anywho, this may be a compiling error. Reinsert your script at a higher offset and see how it performs then.
    Its still not working
    :(
    and yes no money is needed. Thanks for your help though

Years
  • Okay, long story short, the script is fine.
    Only problem I can see is the var. Basically, what you'd need to do is change the var in the script to 4012 (if you don't the script will still run, but more than once.
    In A-Map, in the script tile you leave Unknown at 0 (yes, 0, no need to have it at 300), set the var number to 4012 and that's it.
    Now, if that doesn't work, there's two possibilities. 1. If you did that and the event simply didn't happen, it's because you changed the value of the variabl 4012 earlier on your game. 2. The game freezes, and I can't find the mistake, so sorry :(
    If you could post some screenshots, that'd be great, and if you could post the uncompiled script, that might also help identifying a possible scripting error

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2015
    Okay, long story short, the script is fine.
    Only problem I can see is the var. Basically, what you'd need to do is change the var in the script to 4012 (if you don't the script will still run, but more than once.
    In A-Map, in the script tile you leave Unknown at 0 (yes, 0, no need to have it at 300), set the var number to 4012 and that's it.
    Now, if that doesn't work, there's two possibilities. 1. If you did that and the event simply didn't happen, it's because you changed the value of the variabl 4012 earlier on your game. 2. The game freezes, and I can't find the mistake, so sorry :(
    If you could post some screenshots, that'd be great, and if you could post the uncompiled script, that might also help identifying a possible scripting error
    Thanks for your help but the script still freezes with both the unknowns at 0
    here is the uncompiled script without the proper movements
    Spoiler:

Thanks for helping
    i Dont know what you want in screenshots i will just give u a pic on A-map
    http://imgur.com/HGQqYlB
    and i know the script of set is different to the one in the uncompiled script
    i changed the offset later

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2014
    Oh i've found someone with exactly the same problem i do have! thats sometwhat helpful :p

Edit: Just 5 minutes later manged to fix this - lol.
    I did somewhere read that using 1.9.2 for scripting is safer. :P
    We pretty much did do the same thing but my eventheader in AM looks different :
    http://postimg.org/image/hwugmpjmn/

Hope that somewhat helps if not best wishes

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2015
    Oh i've found someone with exactly the same problem i do have! thats sometwhat helpful :p

Edit: Just 5 minutes later manged to fix this - lol.
    I did somewhere read that using 1.9.2 for scripting is safer. :P
    We pretty much did do the same thing but my eventheader in AM looks different :
    http://postimg.org/image/hwugmpjmn/

Hope that somewhat helps if not best wishes
    So you mean i should just use A-map 1.92 and the problem will be solved?

iv0

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    You need to put #raw 0xFE in every final of move codes and please send a screenshot from your script tile in Advanced Map. I only found these errors.

@edit
    sorry, I have not seen the printscreen, your version of A Map is not stable, download the 1.92 A Map.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2015
    You need to put #raw 0xFE in every final of move codes and please send a screenshot from your script tile in Advanced Map. I only found these errors.

@edit
    sorry, I have not seen the printscreen, your version of A Map is not stable, download the 1.92 A Map.
    Thanks man really appreciate it. Whats wrong with A-map 1.95?

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • Is it working fine now? Or still freezes? If it is do this.
    before%20change.jpg

change that to..

after%20change.jpg

to this.

That's from diegoisawesome's tutorial. You might wanna take a look at it yourself.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2015
    ugh I did everything
    I changed the movements downloaded A-map 1.92 still nothing
    i guess i will have to do the script again :(

iv0

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    ugh I did everything
    I changed the movements downloaded A-map 1.92 still nothing
    i guess i will have to do the script again :(
    Isn't solved? Send your complete script in a limpid txt file, the forum is causing a fall lines.

@edit
    I detect this erros:
    waitmovement 0x5
    waitmovement 0xFF
    the only argument that can be put in waitmovement is 0x0

Back